A happier Defour

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
ClaretTony
Been Liked: 32405 times
Has Liked: 5273 times

A happier Defour

Post by ClaretTony » Mon Aug 14, 2017 4:13 pm

I'll let you do your own interpretations but this is from today in Belgian media

He looked back a second. A provocative comment off the record. A scary smile. It's in those little things. Witty. After a fierce spring, Steven Defour (29) seems to have recovered at Burnley. Even though it is still fragile.

Pretoogjes. Included in words and in deeds. A few pest punches. Steven Defour is not the best actor. You usually notice when it is well in your skin. It's raining from him. Then he will provoke lasciviously. Play bird. With a big smile he left Stamford Bridge on Saturday afternoon. He had made his point. With a top performance that was in line with his preparation: calm at the ball, sharp in the press, victim of Cahill's untimely tackle and a gift for Vokes at 0-3. The most sophisticated football player in Burnley's shirt is he still. He underlined that again. Of his 32 passes, including 6 long balls, there were only two. Precision work. "I feel good," Defour said, alternating tactically for fifteen minutes before time. " This was an incredible match. I have a good preparation and you can see that. I'm physically sharp. I have also shown. Even in my switch there was still a spare in the tank. Nice. "

Defour is happy again at Burnley. For as long as it takes. In football this is a fragile concept. He realizes that, with his whimsical career, he is no-one else. Last year, Defour in the Premier League also took a flying start - then he did not have any preparation in England in the legs. Fans carried him on hands and saw him, like boutade, in the same sense with Zidane. A sequel did not come. For physical and tactical reasons, he passed away after November. Defour did not understand why he ended up on the couch. He entered the confrontation with coach Sean Dyche. Eventually he turned off at 1.084 minutes and lost his place with the national team. "A year like this I do not want to see anymore," he told in June. He asked for a transfer. The club agreed to work at the right price, But never came an interested club nearby. With new courage he resumed at Burnley in early July. During training and in the practice matches, he convinced Dyche.

When we asked Defour for his coach Saturday, he said: "He looks good. I do not have any guarantees, but he looks more fitting, better adapted, it seems better to handle the pace and understands that our game is a lot Asking for a physically strong team, his front line was fantastic, we all know how well he can play football, and he has also taken a step forward, hopefully he can build on it, he is brighter in his mind. He has no easy season, but in the summer break he has the time to analyze everything, and I think he has included the glove. " Cautious optimism. For as long as it takes. Bis.
This user liked this post: Steve1956

CleggHall
Been Liked: 843 times
Has Liked: 1049 times

Re: A happier Defour

Post by CleggHall » Mon Aug 14, 2017 4:16 pm

"he is brighter in his mind", says it all really, long may it continue.

Steve1956
Been Liked: 6485 times
Has Liked: 2910 times

Post by Steve1956 » Mon Aug 14, 2017 4:18 pm

A complex character ...Steven Defour can help push us to the next level.

1963Claret
Been Liked: 69 times
Has Liked: 168 times

Post by 1963Claret » Mon Aug 14, 2017 4:19 pm

Very sad to hear he passed away last November hashtag pray for Steven.
These 4 users liked this post: gawthorpe_view Juan Tanamera Sonic Stalbansclaret

paulus the woodgnome
Been Liked: 258 times
Has Liked: 260 times

Post by paulus the woodgnome » Mon Aug 14, 2017 4:20 pm

and so say all of us. (reply to post 2 ) :-)
Last edited by paulus the woodgnome on Mon Aug 14, 2017 5:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.

quoonbeatz
Been Liked: 2594 times
Has Liked: 760 times

Post by quoonbeatz » Mon Aug 14, 2017 4:20 pm

channelling Louis Balfour.

ClaretTony

Post by ClaretTony » Mon Aug 14, 2017 4:21 pm

1963Claret wrote:Very sad to hear he passed away last November hashtag pray for Steven.
No wonder he couldn't get in the side :D

KRBFC
Been Liked: 3800 times
Has Liked: 1071 times

Post by KRBFC » Mon Aug 14, 2017 4:26 pm

ClaretTony wrote:No wonder he couldn't get in the side :D
Not with all those injuries he was faking.

edlass
Been Liked: 59 times
Has Liked: 37 times

Post by edlass » Mon Aug 14, 2017 4:27 pm

Yesterday the sun suggested we were lining up Charlie Adam to replace him if he went to China.

So hopefully that was rubbish and he really is happy here now.

Down_Rover
Been Liked: 445 times
Has Liked: 187 times

Post by Down_Rover » Mon Aug 14, 2017 4:28 pm

I, for one, am very happy he has settled in now and has recovered from passing away and being on the couch.

Before we get carried away there may be an ulterior motive. One assumes no one else wants him right now and he has no option but to put the effort in to get a place in the Belgium team for the world cup. I am sure that is why we will see a far more committed player this season.

Hopefully playing in the type of midfield we saw at Chesea, ie creators rather than stoppers, he will learn that this is the place for him

Fingers crossed

Cirrus_Minor
Been Liked: 1161 times
Has Liked: 1293 times

Post by Cirrus_Minor » Mon Aug 14, 2017 4:31 pm

Good news, like the translation :D . Was waiting for "my hovercraft is full of eels".
This user liked this post: 1963Claret

Silkyskills1
Been Liked: 1695 times
Has Liked: 2531 times

Post by Silkyskills1 » Mon Aug 14, 2017 4:32 pm

All sounds good at the moment. A classy player that like most others I thought we were not going to see in a Burnley shirt again after his 10 mins. or so finale v West Ham. All teams need good players but a good and seemingly contented Steven Defour's is a real bonus for us.

HelloHiGoodbye
Been Liked: 353 times
Has Liked: 308 times

Post by HelloHiGoodbye » Mon Aug 14, 2017 4:33 pm

Some beautiful translations in that.

"It's raining from him."

"I think he has included the glove."
This user liked this post: FactualFrank

Paul Waine
Been Liked: 2350 times
Has Liked: 3178 times

Post by Paul Waine » Mon Aug 14, 2017 4:34 pm

ClaretTony wrote:I'll let you do your own interpretations but this is from today in Belgian media

He looked back a second. A provocative comment off the record. A scary smile. It's in those little things. Witty. After a fierce spring, Steven Defour (29) seems to have recovered at Burnley. Even though it is still fragile.

Pretoogjes. Included in words and in deeds. A few pest punches. Steven Defour is not the best actor. You usually notice when it is well in your skin. It's raining from him. Then he will provoke lasciviously. Play bird. With a big smile he left Stamford Bridge on Saturday afternoon. He had made his point. With a top performance that was in line with his preparation: calm at the ball, sharp in the press, victim of Cahill's untimely tackle and a gift for Vokes at 0-3. The most sophisticated football player in Burnley's shirt is he still. He underlined that again. Of his 32 passes, including 6 long balls, there were only two. Precision work. "I feel good," Defour said, alternating tactically for fifteen minutes before time. " This was an incredible match. I have a good preparation and you can see that. I'm physically sharp. I have also shown. Even in my switch there was still a spare in the tank. Nice. "

Defour is happy again at Burnley. For as long as it takes. In football this is a fragile concept. He realizes that, with his whimsical career, he is no-one else. Last year, Defour in the Premier League also took a flying start - then he did not have any preparation in England in the legs. Fans carried him on hands and saw him, like boutade, in the same sense with Zidane. A sequel did not come. For physical and tactical reasons, he passed away after November. Defour did not understand why he ended up on the couch. He entered the confrontation with coach Sean Dyche. Eventually he turned off at 1.084 minutes and lost his place with the national team. "A year like this I do not want to see anymore," he told in June. He asked for a transfer. The club agreed to work at the right price, But never came an interested club nearby. With new courage he resumed at Burnley in early July. During training and in the practice matches, he convinced Dyche.

When we asked Defour for his coach Saturday, he said: "He looks good. I do not have any guarantees, but he looks more fitting, better adapted, it seems better to handle the pace and understands that our game is a lot Asking for a physically strong team, his front line was fantastic, we all know how well he can play football, and he has also taken a step forward, hopefully he can build on it, he is brighter in his mind. He has no easy season, but in the summer break he has the time to analyze everything, and I think he has included the glove. " Cautious optimism. For as long as it takes. Bis.
Just beautiful to read those words. Was the original written in a Flemish (near Dutch) newspaper or a Wallonian (French) one?

It loses nothing in translation. Wonderful to watch a "resurrected" Steven Defour on Saturday.

UTC

CrosspoolClarets
Been Liked: 1643 times
Has Liked: 400 times

Post by CrosspoolClarets » Mon Aug 14, 2017 4:37 pm

Considering what I said about his quite complex and delicate psychology yesterday, I think it is quite apt the article translates as "Defour did not understand why he ended up on the couch".

I doubt he will keep it together for long, this kind of complex character never does (Costa, Barton etc), but hopefully it can last at least until January and maybe even until May. We will be the beneficiaries if it does.

1963Claret
Been Liked: 69 times
Has Liked: 168 times

Post by 1963Claret » Mon Aug 14, 2017 4:39 pm

Cirrus_Minor wrote:Good news, like the translation :D . Was waiting for "my hovercraft is full of eels".
I will not buy this record it is scratched.
This user liked this post: Cirrus_Minor

ashtonlongsider
Been Liked: 494 times
Has Liked: 162 times

Post by ashtonlongsider » Mon Aug 14, 2017 4:41 pm

Like a new signing. Long may it continue. Just shows what difference a full pre season can make.

FactualFrank
Been Liked: 6930 times
Has Liked: 11660 times

Post by FactualFrank » Mon Aug 14, 2017 4:45 pm

ashtonlongsider wrote:Just shows what difference a full pre season can make.
It seems to me like Defour and Dyche have had a chat and that's more to do with it.

HelloHiGoodbye
Been Liked: 353 times
Has Liked: 308 times

Post by HelloHiGoodbye » Mon Aug 14, 2017 4:46 pm

ashtonlongsider wrote:Like a new signing. Long may it continue. Just shows what difference a full pre season can make.
Nah, it's coz he's had his hair did.

Papabendi
Been Liked: 347 times
Has Liked: 48 times

Post by Papabendi » Mon Aug 14, 2017 4:50 pm

play bird.

IanMcL
Been Liked: 6362 times
Has Liked: 8705 times

Post by IanMcL » Mon Aug 14, 2017 5:14 pm

Even Sean Dyche speaks Belgian like McLaren speaks Dutch, in that translation!

We've got Defour!

Pearcey
Been Liked: 1149 times
Has Liked: 1443 times

Post by Pearcey » Mon Aug 14, 2017 5:16 pm

Fantastic player. Hope he keeps it up and avoids injury.

Braindead
Been Liked: 987 times
Has Liked: 1056 times

Post by Braindead » Mon Aug 14, 2017 5:17 pm

For physical and tactical reasons, he passed away after November
Would explain his drop in form

Devils_Advocate
Been Liked: 5209 times
Has Liked: 921 times

Post by Devils_Advocate » Mon Aug 14, 2017 5:22 pm

ashtonlongsider wrote:Like a new signing. Long may it continue. Just shows what difference a full pre season can make.
More like what a difference a different formation can make. Defour always looked quality last season in a 4-5-1 but Dyche opted entirely for a 4-4-2 formation from around Nov onwards.

Hopefully we will see a lot more use of 4-5-1 this season and will get to see a lot more of what we saw Sat and in glimpses last season as a Burnley team with an in-form Defour in the middle of it is a joy to watch

Belgianclaret
Been Liked: 953 times
Has Liked: 167 times

Post by Belgianclaret » Mon Aug 14, 2017 5:33 pm

Great translation effort Tony.

However, don't give up your day job ;)

ClaretTony

Post by ClaretTony » Mon Aug 14, 2017 5:34 pm

Belgianclaret wrote:Great translation effort Tony.

However, don't give up your day job ;)
Taking no credit - just did a Google Translate :D

paulus the woodgnome
Been Liked: 258 times
Has Liked: 260 times

Post by paulus the woodgnome » Mon Aug 14, 2017 5:44 pm

I was praying that Defour would start against Chelsea and play well. Am so happy that he was heavily involved in that scintillating first half performance. When he's fit and firing he really can help take the team to another level.

Putneyclaret
Been Liked: 12 times
Has Liked: 336 times

Post by Putneyclaret » Mon Aug 14, 2017 6:02 pm

Tony
Could you provide a link?
Thanks

boiledclaret
Been Liked: 389 times
Has Liked: 1022 times

Post by boiledclaret » Mon Aug 14, 2017 6:44 pm

Love google translater. A woman called Natasha at an office where I worked received an email which was translated from English to Russian.

The email began with the usual 'Dear Natasha' which had been translated to 'dorogoya Natasha (Expensive Natasha)

It should be pointed out that 'a Natasha' is Russian slang for a mistress. :D

starting_11
Been Liked: 1 time
Has Liked: 832 times

Post by starting_11 » Mon Aug 14, 2017 6:59 pm

Dear? Expensive?

Must've been using t'yorkshire version of google.