ClaretPlayer email alert

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
IanMcL
Been Liked: 6363 times
Has Liked: 8707 times

ClaretPlayer email alert

Post by IanMcL » Fri Aug 25, 2017 7:06 pm

Just received email text below. It may be me, however, I can log in and check my profile but nowhere does it tell me when my annual subscription expires. In any case, if it is a season pass and you are half way through when your sub expires, what does that mean? Pay full for very limited time? When the season is done, what about the off season?

As usual, as clear as mud and ill conceived.

..............................................................................................

EFL Digital

Dear Ian,

EFL Digital provides a number of website and content services for Burnley FC including the provision of Clarets Player HD. Over the summer EFL Digital has migrated to new suppliers, and we are aware of a number of issues that have affected subscribers, for which we unequivocally apologise.

This email seeks to address some of those issues and how you might be able to overcome them:

Subscription Type
If you previously had an Annual Subscription, your subscription to Clarets Player will not renew (will not have renewed) at the point of your payment anniversary. This was a conscious decision to move to a new Season Pass product, that would not run beyond the end of given season. Therefore, please check your subscription type to make sure you have an active package. If you do not, you will need to purchase a new package at http://www.burnleyfootballclub.com/clar ... subscribe/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;. A monthly option exists for fans that do not wish to commit to a longer term option.

Territory Restrictions
Some users have had issues accessing content if overseas. Please note all territory restrictions have now been removed and all users should be able to access content regardless of location.

Technical Specs
Please ensure you are attempting to access content on the system requirements detailed here http://www.burnleyfootballclub.com/term ... onditions/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.

Customer Service Backlog
We are aware that some fans have contacted our helpdesk and are waiting for a response. Please note that we are working through all enquiries, for many clubs/fans. You can contact our support team at the following dedicated inbox of claretsplayersupport@burnleyfc.com. Alternatively they can be raised by phone on 020 7826 4577.

Please be assured that we are working to rectify any and all issues affecting Burnley FC as quickly as we can.

Many thanks
EFL Digital

Lowbankclaret
Been Liked: 1233 times
Has Liked: 56 times

Re: ClaretPlayer email alert

Post by Lowbankclaret » Fri Aug 25, 2017 7:33 pm

I have been trying to get into my account now for a couple of months.
many emails later, zip , nothing, jack ****.

complete joke, looking like I will have to cancel.

stokesy19
Has Liked: 31 times

Post by stokesy19 » Fri Aug 25, 2017 8:11 pm

My subscription runs out in November. I just presumed that when I renew it will run for 12 months like it has done in previous years. I could be wrong though!

steve_f
Been Liked: 192 times
Has Liked: 6 times

Post by steve_f » Fri Aug 25, 2017 8:13 pm

I had to reset my password. To see when your sub expires go to settings within player and it shows your name address card number and date that your sub expires

Pearcey
Been Liked: 1149 times
Has Liked: 1443 times

Post by Pearcey » Fri Aug 25, 2017 8:13 pm

Had the same email. Really poor service now.

ClaretTony
Been Liked: 32410 times
Has Liked: 5273 times

Post by ClaretTony » Fri Aug 25, 2017 8:18 pm

I got that email to the site email address and I don't even subscribe.

It starts
Dear Up the,
These 3 users liked this post: Joeandy1920 IanMcL longsidepies

claretjohn33505
Been Liked: 35 times
Has Liked: 68 times

Post by claretjohn33505 » Fri Aug 25, 2017 10:18 pm

Ian: The info you need should be in your purchase history. I agree with most posters that the service is now crap.

Jimmymaccer
Been Liked: 597 times
Has Liked: 194 times

Post by Jimmymaccer » Fri Aug 25, 2017 10:47 pm

I paid a new subscription in June whilst on hols in Spain.......had it before but whilst sat by the pool got caught up in the new Player excitement and pre season vids.......paid an annual subscription on my credit card......ok at first then all the problems described on here.......sent emails to no avail, a couple recently getting "which search engine are you using etc"...,,logging in got "subscribe" again....sent emails to BFC.......no use.....so paid again and it's worked.......

I don't think the club give a toss........they've subbed the service to a 3rd party and basically as long as smug "DazBentley" thinks he's on SkyTv, gets his airtime, nothing will change.

The club has made massive strides, but so they should .....but D Bentley should stop trying to be a media star and do his job.....

sox8595
Been Liked: 76 times
Has Liked: 384 times

Post by sox8595 » Fri Aug 25, 2017 11:19 pm

Cancelled my monthly sub after Wednesdays match, missed the whole first half unable to get on (previously managed after a bit of messing about) This morning received a rather patronising email telling me I was doing it all wrong. Ahhh well their loss.

LlandennyClaret
Been Liked: 27 times
Has Liked: 13 times

Post by LlandennyClaret » Fri Aug 25, 2017 11:34 pm

My annual subscription ends in January. Am I expected to take out a full season pass for 4 months or so? What a shambles.

RalphCoatesComb
Been Liked: 2416 times
Has Liked: 2115 times

Post by RalphCoatesComb » Fri Aug 25, 2017 11:41 pm

Just like Rovers fans on 65 minutes on Wednesday...

"Time to go, time to go, time to go!!!"

CrosspoolClarets
Been Liked: 1644 times
Has Liked: 400 times

Post by CrosspoolClarets » Sat Aug 26, 2017 12:14 am

I had very good service on Wednesday, after using an obsolete email address in the past and forgetting my password, I emailed the help desk asking to change my email address and a chap sorted me withon 30 seconds, back in with my new email and password, in time for the first goal :-)

Saying that though £42 or whatever it is, per year, is a lot for a few commentaries unless you watch the videos avidly, so I will probably jack it in, even living beyond Radio Lancs. It's starting to look like they will be renaming it Clarets Twix ;-)

dibraidio
Been Liked: 505 times
Has Liked: 143 times

Post by dibraidio » Sat Aug 26, 2017 12:29 am

I've had a subscription to ClaretsPayer for over 12 years. I think the service has been well worth the money but I have no idea what they're playing at this year.

I have no idea when my subscription expires but their site tells me it's in May 2017 but I had full access until a few weeks ago.
I sent them a mail asking them what's going on and a week later I got a "stock" reply which just asked a load of irrelevant questions.

Shambles.

IanMcL

Post by IanMcL » Sat Aug 26, 2017 1:30 am

Thanks. I checked the sections when I first went on....did I miss that or was it not there. I thought I had checked every one.
Answer for me is October. Wonder what happens then to a cost of a 'season pass'.

steve_f
Been Liked: 192 times
Has Liked: 6 times

Post by steve_f » Sat Aug 26, 2017 7:28 am

I have had ongoing email discussion with Dean from burnley football club re player HD. I was told by ifollow that they would be providing an app for android and IOS. He then told me that information was incorrect. Last night I tried to watch some video highlights on my Ipad and got the message below that I have fowarded on to him. Awaitng his response.

Hi Dean,
Just tried to view the latest highlights on my Ipad and guess what, i get the notification below. Seems the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing!!
Steve

App required

Live matches are unavailable on iOS and Android mobile/tablet devices via a browser. We will shortly be launching a mobile app for iOS (Apple store) and Android (Google Play Store) devices.

Until the apps are available, please view via a desktop browser.

MDWat
Been Liked: 878 times
Has Liked: 271 times

Post by MDWat » Sat Aug 26, 2017 8:31 am

Jimmymaccer wrote:I paid a new subscription in June whilst on hols in Spain.......had it before but whilst sat by the pool got caught up in the new Player excitement and pre season vids.......paid an annual subscription on my credit card......ok at first then all the problems described on here.......sent emails to no avail, a couple recently getting "which search engine are you using etc"...,,logging in got "subscribe" again....sent emails to BFC.......no use.....so paid again and it's worked.......

I don't think the club give a toss........they've subbed the service to a 3rd party and basically as long as smug "DazBentley" thinks he's on SkyTv, gets his airtime, nothing will change.

The club has made massive strides, but so they should .....but D Bentley should stop trying to be a media star and do his job.....
Totally agree. I spoke to someone at the club a couple of years ago who suggested they were in favour of binning off Clarets Player, particularly if we stayed in the Premier League as the money it brought in relative to the Premier League was absolute pittance. The money went to the clubs with the most subscribers and we were rightat the lower end. I'd suggested moving everything to YouTubeand making it free to air. Get a proper presenter in to do things like Turf More (great concept, just needs a proper presenter) and they could move to do something similar to what Spurs do (check out their YouTube channel).

I'm sure Mr Bentley is doing a fine job of organising the media but that's all he needs to do. He doesn't need to get his face on all kinds of videos. Nor does he need to do commentary of the games. I find it all rather strange.

It'll be interesting to see if they have a change of approach given it doesn't bring in any money. His argument has always been (on Twitter) that the media department doesn't have a budget and the money brought in from Clarets Player pays for them to do what they need to. The Premier League money can easily pay for that now.

IndigoLake
Been Liked: 1 time
Has Liked: 832 times

Post by IndigoLake » Sat Aug 26, 2017 8:43 am

Unfortunately, I renewed for 1 year not long before all the troubles began. I've emailed them twice and had fairly generic replies with none of the issues addressed thus far.

- I don't like that there's no commentary link within ClaretsPlayer but I know that logging in and heading to homepage brings one up
- I don't like logging in and going to 'my account' by default. Nobody cares about that - we log in for video content
- I don't like that there's no app anymore - it was brilliant to have one before and it worked (for the most part)
- I don't like the poor audio quality of the match commentary - used to be crystal clear and now sounds fuzzy every single time

I won't be renewing next year, that's for sure (unless it's a different provider)

IanMcL

Post by IanMcL » Sat Aug 26, 2017 12:38 pm

I like Mr 'Justice' Bird'd commentary, despite some saying he is crap. he is passionate about Burnley and actually very accurate. Mr bentley, although always on the case, when I have contacted, should step aside for a player, past or present, so we get an in house view from the pitch perspective.

Burnley FC channel must be a possibility now, given the worldwide audience. It should then dramatically increase the merchandise side of things.

As to Turf More - I love it and Mr Bentley is fine in that role. He is a fan like us.

ps Professional presenter...no thanks, I say, no thanks! :D :D

MokaPot

Post by MokaPot » Sat Aug 26, 2017 2:14 pm

As I said on the other thread, steer clear, guys. I subscribed to the new Clarets Player at the end of July, accessed the player a couple of times but then experienced the same problems as many others. I emailed the helpdesk who asked for proof of purchase, which I provided. They say that my season pass expired on August 11th (yep, 2 weeks after subscribing) and that I'd need to renew. Haven't heard from them since nor have I received anything from a Club Official I tweeted.

Again, steer clear. £42 down the pan.

ClaretEngineer
Been Liked: 690 times
Has Liked: 406 times

Post by ClaretEngineer » Sat Aug 26, 2017 4:21 pm

I too have had the same email. I've only scan read it, as I imagine the information will probably not address any of the current issues.

I subscribe to ClaretsPlayer because I'm outside Lancashire (East Midlands) so unable to listen on FM. It also means that I can listen to the games should a stream not be available / away on business.

For them to do away with it would be a crime to Burnley ex-pats. We're fans too you know, and our passion for Burnley FC isn't any less than local supporters!

The quality and layout of the new service is absolutely dogger. There's no clear link to live audio on match days and the login in process is back ward at best.

I know folk from the North are branded as tightwads, but come on Burnley FC give us better.