Squad analysis

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
MDWat
Been Liked: 878 times
Has Liked: 271 times

Squad analysis

Post by MDWat » Wed Aug 30, 2017 7:32 pm

I've seen a few arguments that the squad is stronger than last summer and a few arguments that it's weaker. Trying to figure out myself which it is so thought I'd write it down a bit of an analysis of where we were last season to this and how we compare.

I'm only including players who have played a competitive first team game for Burnley. I've not bothered with Ulvestad as he's clearly not going to be involved.

Goalkeepers
Tom Heaton
Nick Pope
Adam Legzdins

Goalkeeper is much of a muchness. We aren't going to get better than Heaton and Pope seems pretty decent back up. I'm not 100% confident that I'd want him starting a run of games in the Premier League. Don't think Legzdins is any kind of upgrade on Robinson but at third choice, it probably doesn't matter that much. I'd personally want someone with some Premier League experience but if Heaton stays fit, I've got no issues with this position.

VERDICT: The same

Full backs
Matt Lowton
Phil Bardsley
Stephen Ward
Charlie Taylor

We've significantly improved at full back. Darikwa was nowhere near good enough for the Premier League and Flanagan was generally pretty poor, save for the odd performance here and there. It's been pretty obvious for three transfer windows (including this one) that Dyche wanted a left back and in Taylor we look to have made a big improvement. Ward will take some displacing but suspect we'll see Taylor in there sooner rather than later. Bardsley has bags of experience at Premier League level which we needed to replace with Robinson and Barton leaving.

VERDICT: Significantly strengthened

Centre backs
James Tarkowski
Ben Mee
Kevin Long

The inevitable departure of Michael Keane was something we should have planned for and had ample time to plan for. The fact that we haven't got one yet is hugely disappointing and we can only hope that is put right tomorrow. Tarkowski was always going to start at centre back. I'm a big fan, so no problems there and Mee has proven himself over the years as a good centre half. I'm not sure Long is good enough for the Premier League and like a pope, I wouldn't be confident if he was required to play a run of games. We experienced injuries to Keane and Mee at the same time at the end of the season last year; if we experience the same earlier, then we're in real trouble.

VERDICT: Significantly weakened

Wide players
Robbie Brady
Johann Berg Gudmundsson
Scott Arfield

I haven't lost any sleep over George Boyd leaving but the lack of replacing him is very risky. There's no doubting his work rate was essential to the 'framework' but we appear to be playing a different way this season, meaning JBG and the much-improved Brady were the natural starters. We need an extra body in there as I don't think Arfield fits the way we're set up to play out wide. However, Brady looks like a new player and Gudmundsson, for all I'm not convinced yet, has started the season fit and well.

Centre midfielders
Jack Cork
Jeff Hendrick
Steven Defour
Ashley Westwood
Dean Marney

Barton out and Cork in - pretty decent business all in all. Cork might not have the same dogged fight as Barton but he adds an extra bit of class and energy that we needed. The revived Steven Defour is essential to us playing good football and these two give Hendrick the freedom to roam. In Westwood, we have a quality player ready to step in where necessary and whether Marney can return to the same level remains to be seen.

VERDICT: Slight improvement

Strikers
Sam Vokes
Chris Wood
Ashley Barnes
Jon Walters
Dan Agyei

Gray's pace has gone and that's something this team and squad is hugely lacking. The signing of Wood appears confusing but he seems to be a different type of target man to Vokes. His finish at Wembley was superbly taken and the more I think about it, the more his signing makes sense. The likelihood of Agyei being involved is slim, so hopefully we can sort a loan move out for him and Walters adds vital Premier League experience to the front line. It sounds like Wells is going to sign - he's not overly quick and is barely proven a division below so I'm not sure of the logic but we'll wait and see.

On balance, the squad is about the same. The genuine pace of Keane and Gray haven't been replaced, though, and the weakness at centre back is alarming. However, two key players in Brady and Defour look to have pushed on a level and that about balances. Overall, the starting eleven is about the same too. Plenty to be happy about and positive about in here but can't help but think that if we'd pushed for a wide player and a centre half, we could genuinely look at being mid-table...

Interesting season ahead!
These 2 users liked this post: CleggHall Pstotto

piston broke
Been Liked: 1448 times
Has Liked: 1229 times

Re: Squad analysis

Post by piston broke » Wed Aug 30, 2017 7:35 pm

So the, apparent, uplift in confidence is either with the 4-5-1 or better bench options?

DCWat
Been Liked: 4142 times
Has Liked: 3605 times

Post by DCWat » Wed Aug 30, 2017 7:36 pm

I'd say we are weaker out wide if only for the reduction in numbers. The depth in some key positions is too limited.

MDWat

Post by MDWat » Wed Aug 30, 2017 7:36 pm

Potentially the different style in which we're playing? Certainly seem to be knocking the ball around better than we did last year. We created most of our opportunities against Spurs in the last 10 by getting the ball in between the full back to the winger and getting the ball in the box.

clarethomer
Been Liked: 944 times
Has Liked: 411 times

Post by clarethomer » Wed Aug 30, 2017 7:39 pm

I would say that if you considered PL experience in the squad - it has improved.

If you consider that we demonstrated that we are more flexible with the players we have now in terms of formation, gives us more options.

If you consider our manager is also improving, the club is in a better position also.

claretspice
Been Liked: 2829 times
Has Liked: 141 times

Post by claretspice » Wed Aug 30, 2017 7:40 pm

Broadly agree with that. I'd say we're weaker up front because whilst i like Wood and think he is different to Vokes, we still have a stock of forwards who don't offer great variety. Certainly taking wide and forward options together, i'd say we're weaker; apart from the lack of genuine pace (and to some extent because of) there's a lack of players who can commit defenders.

The other point i'd make is about the age profile of the squad. Wood is a decent age, as is Taylor, but otherwise we appear to have focused on older, relatively short term signings this summer. Thats fine and makes some sense but there is a slight concern that should Dyche leave next summer, say, we're storing up a bit of a ticking time bomb for the new man.

MDWat

Post by MDWat » Wed Aug 30, 2017 7:40 pm

All the above is spot on, clarethomer, but there are still two glaring holes in that squad and in reality, Wells fills neither of them.

Bin Ont Turf
Been Liked: 5185 times
Has Liked: 804 times
Location: On top of a pink elephant riding to the Democratic Republic of Congo

Post by Bin Ont Turf » Wed Aug 30, 2017 7:41 pm

I don't think you can say the midfield is the same when Cork is in there and an on it Defour.

Two reasons there as to why we can play with 5 across the midfield and why it's been working.
Last edited by Bin Ont Turf on Wed Aug 30, 2017 7:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
This user liked this post: Quickenthetempo

MDWat

Post by MDWat » Wed Aug 30, 2017 7:42 pm

claretspice wrote:Broadly agree with that. I'd say we're weaker up front because whilst i like Wood and think he is different to Vokes, we still have a stock of forwards who don't offer great variety. Certainly taking wide and forward options together, i'd say we're weaker; apart from the lack of genuine pace (and to some extent because of) there's a lack of players who can commit defenders.

The other point i'd make is about the age profile of the squad. Wood is a decent age, as is Taylor, but otherwise we appear to have focused on older, relatively short term signings this summer. Thats fine and makes some sense but there is a slight concern that should Dyche leave next summer, say, we're storing up a bit of a ticking time bomb for the new man.
Yeah fair point, spice, although you could also argue that if we happened to get relegated and Dyche left, we'd have an experienced group of players at a good range of ages to launch an automatic push to get back. Just wish we'd fill the two gaping holes and give us a real chance of mid-table.

MDWat

Post by MDWat » Wed Aug 30, 2017 7:44 pm

Bin Ont Turf wrote:I don't think you can say the midfield is the same when Cork is in there and an on it Defour.

Two reasons there as to why we can play with 5 across the midfield and why it's been working.
I didn't, I said it was an improvement.

Bin Ont Turf
Been Liked: 5185 times
Has Liked: 804 times
Location: On top of a pink elephant riding to the Democratic Republic of Congo

Post by Bin Ont Turf » Wed Aug 30, 2017 7:48 pm

Oh, I read the verdict from above (wide players}. :?

Well you can't say it, and you didn't say it. :)
This user liked this post: MDWat

cblantfanclub
Been Liked: 118 times
Has Liked: 306 times

Judging the strength of the squad

Post by cblantfanclub » Wed Aug 30, 2017 7:48 pm

A lot of posters on various threads are saying we are weaker than last season.

Judging the strength of the squad and if it’s stronger than last season isn’t a reflection of purely who we buy. I’m sure SD would like to buy a whole raft of players but these decisions are based on many reasons as we all know.

Form is a big factor and something Sean and team will have been looking at all pre /early season and something we will need inorder to succeed.
Sometimes a player returns hardly recognisable from the previous season – though this can go either way.

Robby Brady was pretty underwhelming last season and any improvement in his form (which is looking likely) will be a big plus and strengthen the squad.

Tarks was looking suspect at the back at the end of last season but early indications are he is improving.

Defour for all the adulation was poor and dispirited for a good part of last season again he seems to be on the rise.

If Hendrick can get more consistency better again.

Long appears to be getting better and SD has praised his “maturing players”.

Although it was at the end of last season Westwood was also an upgrade on a fading Barton.

All of which should give us a stronger first team than last year.
This to me suggests with the addition of Cork and Wood potentially we will have a stronger squad and first team. I’m not saying new players won’t improve us but many appear to think that the only way forward is through the cheque book. Here’s hoping the confidence some have in the squad is rewarded. SD seems to think they are moving on from last year.
This user liked this post: lucs86

Dyched
Been Liked: 1922 times
Has Liked: 446 times

Post by Dyched » Wed Aug 30, 2017 7:49 pm

We're far better imo.
Not fussed about gray going. Keane? Tarkowski more than good enough. Bit worried about the cover mind.
The midfield is very strong. So much more composure on the ball, patience and quality. I was worried about this season but we'll be comfortably safe by mid to late March

Bordeauxclaret
Been Liked: 3338 times
Has Liked: 1954 times

Post by Bordeauxclaret » Wed Aug 30, 2017 7:50 pm

Centre back is still a worry for me.
Pick two injuries up at the same time again and we are in big trouble.

Paranoid
Been Liked: 47 times
Has Liked: 198 times

Post by Paranoid » Wed Aug 30, 2017 7:52 pm

When did the window shut? have I missed it again?
Surely analysis post 11pm tomorrow?

claretspice
Been Liked: 2829 times
Has Liked: 141 times

Post by claretspice » Wed Aug 30, 2017 7:55 pm

MDWat wrote:Yeah fair point, spice, although you could also argue that if we happened to get relegated and Dyche left, we'd have an experienced group of players at a good range of ages to launch an automatic push to get back. Just wish we'd fill the two gaping holes and give us a real chance of mid-table.
Very fair.

Most frustrating thing is that we're a couple of players away from being real mid table material - as good a team as we could ever reasonably hope to see. But they're too fundamental omissions and without them, we're dangerously close to being bottom 3 material.
This user liked this post: DCWat

Raggus
Been Liked: 61 times
Has Liked: 266 times

Post by Raggus » Wed Aug 30, 2017 8:00 pm

Id say we are better up front, more options for a start.
Id also say that although big and powerful, wood doesn't seem the target man type, his runs at spurs seemed to show that, I have no doubt he could do the job if asked but I feel he is better doing as he did at spurs.
Gray was what I would call a 'reactive' centre forward, didnt consistently make the runs in hope 1 would be met by a pass, he ran after the pass which doesn't get the most out of his pace.
Id say wood who may not be as fast in a sprint will prove fast enough due to movement and the runs he makes.
My only worry is a centre half as cover/competition.

GDK
Been Liked: 18 times
Has Liked: 45 times

Post by GDK » Wed Aug 30, 2017 8:06 pm

I'm still a bit unsure how Walters will fit in. It's difficult to see him starting much up front but he's far too good a player to sit on the bench all season. If you move him to your wide midfielder section we instantly look a lot stronger.

If we're signing Wells (and not losing anyone else) we basically just need a 4th centre back, but if Sean thinks Anderson is good enough for that role then that will do for me.

MDWat

Post by MDWat » Wed Aug 30, 2017 8:09 pm

GDK wrote:I'm still a bit unsure how Walters will fit in. It's difficult to see him starting much up front but he's far too good a player to sit on the bench all season. If you move him to your wide midfielder section we instantly look a lot stronger.

If we're signing Wells (and not losing anyone else) we basically just need a 4th centre back, but if Sean thinks Anderson is good enough for that role then that will do for me.
He didn't even include him in the squad at Blackburn. If he was confident, he'd have been in then.

Quickenthetempo
Been Liked: 3862 times
Has Liked: 2072 times

Post by Quickenthetempo » Wed Aug 30, 2017 8:10 pm

We are far better in central midfield. Cork is a massive upgrade on Barton.

Jimscho
Been Liked: 404 times
Has Liked: 182 times

Post by Jimscho » Wed Aug 30, 2017 8:11 pm

Centre back is the only worry for me but mainly for backup as opposed to the starters.I Like Tarks and think he is a good replacement.I think fullbacks is a vast improvement on last years backup.I think midfield is more than a slight improvement as Cork is a good upgrade on Barton,who I like but wasn't playing as well last year.Think the fact that Defour and Dyche seem to have buried there differences has improved midfield and he links up well with Cork.Wide players no change for me.I think if necessary Walters could play wide as he has before.Would give us a more attacking option than when Boyd played.Up front I think will be an improvement although it's early days to assess Wood and Wells if he signs.Think Wood is quicker than some are saying.Whilst Gray was quick so is Usain Bolt and he probably can't control a football either.

All in all an improvement for me.Apart from CB if injuries or suspensions.
These 2 users liked this post: Raggus lucs86

Lancasterclaret
Been Liked: 8058 times
Has Liked: 4714 times

Post by Lancasterclaret » Wed Aug 30, 2017 8:16 pm

Good analysis, but I think you are underestimating the difference in the preparation of certain key players in that.

Defour, Hendrick and Brady have all had a pre-season with us (and in Hendricks case, a pretty impressive last season as well) and look far, far better for it.

Wood came on against Spurs and timed his runs to perfection, against the best back line in the premier league, and looked a proper unit and with a fair turn of pace.

But what has been really good to see is how we've improved as a football team. We look so much better with Cork and Defour in the middle, and that bodes really well.

If we can get a centre half in today or tomorrow, I reckon we'd have significantly strengthened and I'd be pretty comfortable about staying up. If we don't, then we are relying on not having any injuries, and that is just silly when we have as much cash as we have.

The only other explanation is that SD seriously rates Anderson or that he thinks Taylor would be good cover at CB.

Both are possible, but we really do need another CB.

MDWat

Post by MDWat » Wed Aug 30, 2017 8:22 pm

Lancasterclaret wrote:Good analysis, but I think you are underestimating the difference in the preparation of certain key players in that.

Defour, Hendrick and Brady have all had a pre-season with us (and in Hendricks case, a pretty impressive last season as well) and look far, far better for it.

Wood came on against Spurs and timed his runs to perfection, against the best back line in the premier league, and looked a proper unit and with a fair turn of pace.

But what has been really good to see is how we've improved as a football team. We look so much better with Cork and Defour in the middle, and that bodes really well.

If we can get a centre half in today or tomorrow, I reckon we'd have significantly strengthened and I'd be pretty comfortable about staying up. If we don't, then we are relying on not having any injuries, and that is just silly when we have as much cash as we have.

The only other explanation is that SD seriously rates Anderson or that he thinks Taylor would be good cover at CB.

Both are possible, but we really do need another CB.
Think I acknowledged that with Defour and Brady but good point re: Hendrick. Had forgotten how late we'd got him in.

Wood was offside a lot before he got it right (he got it right twice, to be fair) but I've liked what I've seen so far. He isn't Prem proven, though, hence the more reserved angle.

Totally agree re: football - much better stuff this time around and great to see.

If we get a centre half, I can live without the winger. I'm not confident of getting one though.
This user liked this post: Reecey1987

Lancasterclaret
Been Liked: 8058 times
Has Liked: 4714 times

Post by Lancasterclaret » Wed Aug 30, 2017 8:25 pm

Its probably the only position that I was sure we would strengthen.

And we haven't yet

MDWat

Post by MDWat » Wed Aug 30, 2017 8:37 pm

Agreed - it's a huge risk to go with 3 where Long is your first reserve. Whether he's good enough is another argument.

Blackrod
Been Liked: 1348 times
Has Liked: 608 times

Post by Blackrod » Wed Aug 30, 2017 8:53 pm

A fast winger could improve us and our options. Another central defender is essential IMO.

GDK
Been Liked: 18 times
Has Liked: 45 times

Post by GDK » Wed Aug 30, 2017 8:55 pm

Squad list suggests Anderson is nearly 24. If at this age he's not good enough to be a 4th choice centre back who will hopefully only rarely be needed to sit on the bench, he needs to be moved on.

You can see why it would be tricky to sign someone else for that role though.

Flat Stanley
Been Liked: 60 times
Has Liked: 103 times

Post by Flat Stanley » Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:22 pm

Definitely need a centre back and a winger with a bit of pace. Wish we could have got Dwight Gale instead of Wells (if we do sign him). Wood and Gale together would be exciting.

Agree defence is weaker and we need cover.

In terms of wide players Walters can play there and I'm sure Taylor could if needed. Both probably at least as good as Boyd so would say we have improved slightly in wide areas. Would be great to get a proper winger though.

Overall feel we are slightly better than last season in terms of the starting 11 due to being better in midfield and being able to keep the ball better. Has been better football to watch so far. Could definitely use some more options though and might struggle if a couple of key players in key positions get injured. Hope we get a couple of signing tomorrow.

RVclaret
Been Liked: 3707 times
Has Liked: 2499 times

Post by RVclaret » Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:18 pm

So now we've got 5 strikers but we're expected to play 4-5-1 a lot more. Makes sense.

We are a few injuries away from a disaster. Imagine Brady and Mee injured. Oh dear.

DCWat
Been Liked: 4142 times
Has Liked: 3605 times

Post by DCWat » Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:33 pm

5 strikers for 1 place and 5 midfielders for 3 places (and that includes Arfield).

ExistentialWanderer
Been Liked: 238 times
Has Liked: 244 times

Post by ExistentialWanderer » Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:38 pm

Keepers - Same
Defence - As of now we're weaker
Midfield - Significantly stronger
Wingers - One short
Forwards - Hard to call, seems we've changed tack.

CrosspoolClarets
Been Liked: 1644 times
Has Liked: 400 times

Post by CrosspoolClarets » Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:42 pm

A good analysis but too pessimistic up front and in midfield.

I was a huge fan of Joey and he helped us win a lot of tough battles but Cork holds the ball so much better and Defour is reinvigorated, plus Hendrick has extra PL experience.

Up front I said the day we signed him that Wood was quicker, tougher, more direct and had a stronger shot than Vokes, hence he is a huge improvement. Gray I felt was a flat track bully so while he gave us a quick option, the one league goal in open play in 2017 has to mean we wont massively miss him.

I really want the top centre back, it is a hole that needs filling. A quick winger / striker would be ideal too but if he is TOO good, like Andone, he has to start, and bang goes our new 4-5-1 system unless he plays wide in it. Wells would thus be a useful option, someone happy to be on the bench.

Heck, what do I know? I feel optimistic though, apart from at CB.

boiledclaret
Been Liked: 389 times
Has Liked: 1022 times

Post by boiledclaret » Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:52 pm

Cork has looked like a missing link. Wins the second ball and links play well. Defour has more time to pick a pass and Brady can take more risks in a five without leaving us exposed like last season when the move breaks down. The quality going into the box has been an encouraging improvement so far.

I ideally wanted (and genuinely thought) we'd be signing a CH who was captain material with a gob that could be heard from the top of the longside. Long and Anderson as 3rd and 4th choice is clearly a concern.
This user liked this post: DCWat

BFC88
Been Liked: 34 times
Has Liked: 18 times

Post by BFC88 » Wed Aug 30, 2017 11:36 pm

MDWat wrote:I've seen a few arguments that the squad is stronger than last summer and a few arguments that it's weaker. Trying to figure out myself which it is so thought I'd write it down a bit of an analysis of where we were last season to this and how we compare.

I'm only including players who have played a competitive first team game for Burnley. I've not bothered with Ulvestad as he's clearly not going to be involved.

Goalkeepers
Tom Heaton
Nick Pope
Adam Legzdins

Goalkeeper is much of a muchness. We aren't going to get better than Heaton and Pope seems pretty decent back up. I'm not 100% confident that I'd want him starting a run of games in the Premier League. Don't think Legzdins is any kind of upgrade on Robinson but at third choice, it probably doesn't matter that much. I'd personally want someone with some Premier League experience but if Heaton stays fit, I've got no issues with this position.

Full backs
Matt Lowton
Phil Bardsley
Stephen Ward
Charlie Taylor

We've significantly improved at full back. Darikwa was nowhere near good enough for the Premier League and Flanagan was generally pretty poor, save for the odd performance here and there. It's been pretty obvious for three transfer windows (including this one) that Dyche wanted a left back and in Taylor we look to have made a big improvement. Ward will take some displacing but suspect we'll see Taylor in there sooner rather than later. Bardsley has bags of experience at Premier League level which we needed to replace with Robinson and Barton leaving.

VERDICT: Significantly strengthened

Centre backs
James Tarkowski
Ben Mee
Kevin Long

The inevitable departure of Michael Keane was something we should have planned for and had ample time to plan for. The fact that we haven't got one yet is hugely disappointing and we can only hope that is put right tomorrow. Tarkowski was always going to start at centre back. I'm a big fan, so no problems there and Mee has proven himself over the years as a good centre half. I'm not sure Long is good enough for the Premier League and like a pope, I wouldn't be confident if he was required to play a run of games. We experienced injuries to Keane and Mee at the same time at the end of the season last year; if we experience the same earlier, then we're in real trouble.

VERDICT: Significantly weakened

Wide players
Robbie Brady
Johann Berg Gudmundsson
Scott Arfield

I haven't lost any sleep over George Boyd leaving but the lack of replacing him is very risky. There's no doubting his work rate was essential to the 'framework' but we appear to be playing a different way this season, meaning JBG and the much-improved Brady were the natural starters. We need an extra body in there as I don't think Arfield fits the way we're set up to play out wide. However, Brady looks like a new player and Gudmundsson, for all I'm not convinced yet, has started the season fit and well.

Centre midfielders
Jack Cork
Jeff Hendrick
Steven Defour
Ashley Westwood
Dean Marney

Barton out and Cork in - pretty decent business all in all. Cork might not have the same dogged fight as Barton but he adds an extra bit of class and energy that we needed. The revived Steven Defour is essential to us playing good football and these two give Hendrick the freedom to roam. In Westwood, we have a quality player ready to step in where necessary and whether Marney can return to the same level remains to be seen.

VERDICT: Slight improvement

Strikers
Sam Vokes
Chris Wood
Ashley Barnes
Jon Walters
Dan Agyei

Gray's pace has gone and that's something this team and squad is hugely lacking. The signing of Wood appears confusing but he seems to be a different type of target man to Vokes. His finish at Wembley was superbly taken and the more I think about it, the more his signing makes sense. The likelihood of Agyei being involved is slim, so hopefully we can sort a loan move out for him and Walters adds vital Premier League experience to the front line. It sounds like Wells is going to sign - he's not overly quick and is barely proven a division below so I'm not sure of the logic but we'll wait and see.

On balance, the squad is about the same. The genuine pace of Keane and Gray haven't been replaced, though, and the weakness at centre back is alarming. However, two key players in Brady and Defour look to have pushed on a level and that about balances. Overall, the starting eleven is about the same too. Plenty to be happy about and positive about in here but can't help but think that if we'd pushed for a wide player and a centre half, we could genuinely look at being mid-table...

Interesting season ahead!
Sounds about right to me, apart from wide positions which is clearly weaker in numbers from 4 to 3.

A centre back and right mid is a must in my opinion. We've certainly got the cash so to end up short throughout the season would be negligent

I'd also like to see Danny Ings back on loan to complement the strike force, we'd look very strong in that area then i'd even be happy to let Barnes go.

Rannochia
Lennon
Ings

That would be an unbelievably good transfer window. But we need 2 signings minimum.

buzzclarets79
Been Liked: 227 times
Has Liked: 208 times

Post by buzzclarets79 » Thu Aug 31, 2017 7:42 am

Think there's a few clarets out there that are concerned about the centre half positions. I'd like to see us sign the next Keane or Mee from a lower league club or from a prem youth team set up, there must be a few decent prospects out there that will never get the chance to break through at a top 6 club that would be willing to be part of the set up here at Burnley.
Tarks deserves his chance in the first team after waiting all last season for his opportunity, but there's simply no competition for places, there's nothing pushing Mee & Tarks to stay in the team, Long is a OK replacement for the odd 20 min here and there but don't think is the answer.
This user liked this post: boiledclaret