ARTICLE: Clarets sign Yorkshire Terrier Wells

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
bumba
Been Liked: 686 times
Has Liked: 200 times

Re: ARTICLE: Clarets sign Yorkshire Terrier Wells

Post by bumba » Fri Sep 01, 2017 2:27 pm

I can't see how wells is better than any of the four strikers we currently have let alone what sort of transfer business is planned for the next three years if we will still be needing him by then.
The more I think about this transfer the more and more bizarre it seems

4:20
Been Liked: 1065 times
Has Liked: 1191 times

Post by 4:20 » Sun Dec 24, 2017 9:17 am

Steve1956 wrote:Below is a view from a Huddersfield fan on another forum,seems NW was well liked there,come on let's get behind the lad and give him a chance UTC.
Blind Bigot
Blind Bigot
Blind & Totally Bigotted
Supports:The Mighty Terriers.
Well..it's bye bye Nahki then! :bye

Scanning across few Burnley fans forums it seems he's leaving a club where he was well respected and liked by everyone to a club where the fans are decidedly down beat even hostile about signing him. As all Town fans know Nahki's a 'confidence player' so possibly the worst thing Burnley fans could do is put a downer on him from the start. As I commented above, he could well strike up a profitable partnership with Wood or Vokes and I hope for his sake he does.

Clearly he saw his chances of making our starting eleven were pretty slim and personally I don't think he was suited to or enjoyed the loan striker role but in fairness to the lad be soldiered on and gave his all. It sounds very much like Nahki's agent played a big part in proceedings, with our Chairman Dean Hoyle commenting that he's been ill-advised. It's all water under the bridge now I suppose but I don't like seeing good players leave no matter what the circumstances are.

So I'll look forward to seeing him back here as long as he doesn't do a Jordon Rhodes and destroy us.
Fully agree, we should give him a chance. 10 minutes should be enough.

lifelongclaret
Been Liked: 85 times
Has Liked: 29 times

Post by lifelongclaret » Sun Dec 24, 2017 9:29 am

I had a discussion with a member of staff at Turf moor when we first signed NW, I actually begged him to stop the signing and said in my humble opinion it’s a panic buy and he’s injured , he said it may turn out to be a steal and a good signing , TBH .. I hope he gets loaned out , but only to rebuild his confidence and maybe get match fit, yesterday although it was a cameo appearance I thought his body language was awful and he look disintresteted , I think he was down the pecking order behind Barnes and Vokes and maybe even Walters,
But look at the league table and all is not lost.. in SD we trust..
Merry Christmas to all you bonkers Clarets ,
Life long

ClaretTony
Been Liked: 32530 times
Has Liked: 5277 times

Post by ClaretTony » Sun Dec 24, 2017 10:14 am

lifelongclaret wrote:I had a discussion with a member of staff at Turf moor when we first signed NW, I actually begged him to stop the signing and said in my humble opinion it’s a panic buy and he’s injured , he said it may turn out to be a steal and a good signing , TBH .. I hope he gets loaned out , but only to rebuild his confidence and maybe get match fit, yesterday although it was a cameo appearance I thought his body language was awful and he look disintresteted , I think he was down the pecking order behind Barnes and Vokes and maybe even Walters,
But look at the league table and all is not lost.. in SD we trust..
Merry Christmas to all you bonkers Clarets ,
Life long
My word, did they not listen to you when you begged them? Rebuild his confidence? Looked disinterested? Fantastic those comments for a lad who has come back from injury and got on the pitch for the first time after 86 minutes with the team already 3-0 down and well beaten.

what_no_pies
Been Liked: 505 times
Has Liked: 98 times

Post by what_no_pies » Sun Dec 24, 2017 10:47 am

Once fully fit he'll give us a different option. Simple as that really.

DCWat
Been Liked: 4143 times
Has Liked: 3606 times

Post by DCWat » Sun Dec 24, 2017 11:06 am

I’d have given himonger yesterday. Nothing to lose and gets more minutes under his belt. I wouldn’t have signed him by now that we have, the lad deserves a fair crack of the whip before any negativity.