No further deals

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Marlonspants
Been Liked: 125 times
Has Liked: 53 times

Re: No further deals

Post by Marlonspants » Fri Sep 01, 2017 5:57 am

KRBFC wrote:Bit of a sh** show tbh, bring in a foreign recruitment guy and sign 0 foreign based players, no central defender despite having about a year to plan for Keanes departure. We end up with 5 strikers when we have been only using 1 at a time. The only real positive is the signing of Cork. Wood and Taylor bring promise the rest are cheap uninspiring options.

After Garlicks interview in the summer I really though we'd bring in quality to slot straight into the starting 11 and we have bought 1. We're an injury to Mee away from relegation, that's how bad the Long/Tark partnership is.
We've got a replacement for Keane in Tarky!

What is so difficult to understand?

It's been a strange transfer window because of the inflated fees.

We have had a great start to the season and still some want more!

You can only sign players if they are available and fit in with our team ethic. It's not an easy process as can be seen by some of the "big boys" failings. Enjoy the ride or get off and go and do something that pleases you.

Anyone saying this has been a poor window knows very little about modern football.

Eloise Laws
Been Liked: 330 times
Has Liked: 254 times

Post by Eloise Laws » Fri Sep 01, 2017 6:02 am

Why do some folks always see a glass half empty...like someone said earlier in the day if we'd have signed Messi then there would have been a meltdown because it wasn't Ronaldo - I think some posters aren't happy because we haven't blown ridiculous money on a fancy named player from a fancy named team. Pull yourselves together, what we've got is what we've got, and let's enjoy the rest of the season!

Inchy
Been Liked: 1340 times
Has Liked: 98 times

Post by Inchy » Fri Sep 01, 2017 6:08 am

How come if you say you are disappointed and give your reasons in an understandable and logical manner some posters then say stupid things like "go and support another club" or suggest you call the Samaritans?

Stupid
This user liked this post: Claret-On-A-T-Rex

Vegas Claret
Been Liked: 11052 times
Has Liked: 5662 times

Post by Vegas Claret » Fri Sep 01, 2017 6:20 am

Inchy wrote:How come if you say you are disappointed and give your reasons in an understandable and logical manner some posters then say stupid things like "go and support another club" or suggest you call the Samaritans?

Stupid
I jokingly posted the samaratans picture because KRBFC is complaining more than those that just lost everything in Houston. He needs to get a ******* grip on life and gather some perspective about what really matters. We didn't sign a CB but guess what, the club will still be here next season.

Inchy

Post by Inchy » Fri Sep 01, 2017 6:38 am

I'm sures no one takes it that seriously

50 shades of Grey
Been Liked: 332 times
Has Liked: 1 time

Post by 50 shades of Grey » Fri Sep 01, 2017 6:42 am

KRBFC: ''nothing has changed at this club and it never will.''

Nothing has changed at this club ? you foo kin drama queen. In my time supporting this club, it has changed beyond anything I could've dreamed of.

Seriously, some of you want to fo ok off and follow another football team.

UTC NNN.

9thMay1987
Been Liked: 70 times

Post by 9thMay1987 » Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:01 am

Not great for me. No c.b and winger.

Good financially, got 2 players off the books with 1 year left on their contracts and replaced with more depth to the squad at zero cost.

We could be the big spenders in January god willing if we can keep our head above water.

Inchy

Post by Inchy » Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:02 am

Nothing as silly as suggesting someone goes and supports another team because they have a different opinion you to.

I think we could have done better in the window but I am still confident we will stay up. Does that mean I have to go and support another club?
These 3 users liked this post: Claret-On-A-T-Rex Turfytop Vegas Claret

NottsClaret
Been Liked: 2625 times
Has Liked: 1 time

Post by NottsClaret » Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:11 am

Weird how we keep having such disastrous and shambolic transfer windows and yet improve every season.

Something doesn't add up.
These 5 users liked this post: Lancasterclaret Hapag Lloyd Falcon Vegas Claret Greenmile

Bordeauxclaret
Been Liked: 3342 times
Has Liked: 1964 times

Post by Bordeauxclaret » Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:54 am

NottsClaret wrote:Weird how we keep having such disastrous and shambolic transfer windows and yet improve every season.

Something doesn't add up.
I wouldn't call it shambolic but having an outstanding manager helps.
The overreaction last night was akin to on here after a defeat however I can understand the core concerns regarding the centre back position after the issues we had previously in midfield that led to an almost inevitable conclusion.

CrosspoolClarets
Been Liked: 1654 times
Has Liked: 404 times

Post by CrosspoolClarets » Fri Sep 01, 2017 8:02 am

whentheballmoves wrote:It's been a strange window, and no mistake.
Personally, I'm a bit concerned that K Long isn't up to the rigours of the PL. If we got an injury and a suspension, we could be in real trouble. The midfield / Marney situation of 2014 has made me nervous!
We don't appear to have too many genuine wide players either? Or has Wells been signed with that in mind. Maybe even Taylor, I suppose?
As always, time will tell. I just hope the CB situation doesn't come back to bite us in the arse...
Pleased with the window, as a whole, but would echo the above :-)

3putt
Been Liked: 180 times
Has Liked: 245 times

Post by 3putt » Fri Sep 01, 2017 9:32 am

Without doubt Defour now seeming to have cemented his place in the team is like a top signing, especially with Cork alongside him. A good right winger probably isn't essential but would of certainly of strengthened the team and given us a different dimension.

I was a fan of Gray and would of liked to have see him stay and develop, but Wood may well be an adequate replacement albeit a different type of player.

The CB is a mystery, it's obvious we are short in that area with Keanes departure and SD is definitely defensive minded so it will be more than obvious to him. Even stranger when you think SD was trying out Taylor in that position - a promising young full back from the Championship that had never player there before?!

We have a decent team/squad, let's hope we don't pay the price for not bringing in cover where it was clearly needed.

cricketfieldclarets
Been Liked: 8585 times
Has Liked: 11285 times

Post by cricketfieldclarets » Fri Sep 01, 2017 11:52 am

Rumbletonk wrote:If you wanted a like for like for Englands CB and RB then you were always going to feel let down
I didnt. I am just using the same logic. We are stronger all across the team than 3 seasons ago. In fact we are probably a bit stronger than last season.

Defensively we have nowehere near the quality or depth of the season we went down.

I am not saying we will go down - we shouldn't. But our business at the back this season has been disappointing. If we werent replacing Keane we should have at least replaced Tarks!

Spijed
Been Liked: 2895 times
Has Liked: 1294 times

Post by Spijed » Fri Sep 01, 2017 11:55 am

cricketfieldclarets wrote:If we werent replacing Keane we should have at least replaced Tarks!
So despite looking good so far this season you think Tarkowski isn't good enough?

cricketfieldclarets
Been Liked: 8585 times
Has Liked: 11285 times

Post by cricketfieldclarets » Fri Sep 01, 2017 12:07 pm

Spijed wrote:So despite looking good so far this season you think Tarkowski isn't good enough?
Thats not what I said.

KRBFC
Been Liked: 3804 times
Has Liked: 1071 times

Post by KRBFC » Fri Sep 01, 2017 12:26 pm

Rumbletonk wrote:All reports said 25 rising to 30 or 31M for Keane. Where do you get the 18 from? You also don't mention Defour in any of that, why not?
We paid United around £6m from the £25M.

Falcon
Been Liked: 894 times
Has Liked: 1172 times

Post by Falcon » Fri Sep 01, 2017 2:03 pm

Reading this on Friday afternoon laughing my cock off at the prize nobs we have on here.

Shambolic transfer window? Get a fecking grip.

Wokingclaret
Been Liked: 298 times
Has Liked: 781 times

Post by Wokingclaret » Fri Sep 01, 2017 2:05 pm

You won't be able if it fell off