Hurricane Irma

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
CaptJohn
Been Liked: 468 times
Has Liked: 333 times

Re: Hurricane Irma

Post by CaptJohn » Fri Sep 15, 2017 6:34 am

BurningBeard wrote:FAO Capt. Apologies for not posting sooner. We drove to your place and had a good look round and I'm pleased to say everything is in one piece including pool cover / netting and no signs of damage either cosmetic or structural.

Lovely place you have.

All the buildings in the area send to be in good order but some signs is the storm the in terms of vegetation etc.

Many thanks for that BB. I was expecting the pool netting to have taken a hammering because that is one of the first things to go. We got lucky there. I'll send on the good news to my next guests who arrive in a few days.
When are you back in the UK? I'm flying in for the Udders game. Arrive at Manchester AM 23rd but I'm straight out again the following morning.

BurningBeard
Been Liked: 196 times
Has Liked: 158 times

Post by BurningBeard » Fri Sep 15, 2017 1:05 pm

No worries at all, happy to help a fellow claret and glad it was good news. We're off to Tampa Bay for a few days later today - the power is due to be back on for them today, then arrive back in the UK on 21 September.

FCBurnley
Been Liked: 2001 times
Has Liked: 1148 times

Post by FCBurnley » Fri Sep 15, 2017 1:11 pm

ontario claret wrote:Haven't heard from FCBurnley yet. Is that good or bad, although it was only a Cat 2 when it got to him, and there's never any storm surge in Orlando.
Thanks for your concern Ontario. All good in Orlando. Lost thousands of trees and some minor flooding but otherwise ok. Amazing how some people on here become overnight experts on Hurricanes ! Hope you are keeping well.

Noble Peter
Been Liked: 43 times
Has Liked: 2 times

Post by Noble Peter » Sat Sep 16, 2017 12:21 am

Im currently in davenport at west Haven, Balmoral drive for a couple of weeks at a villa just a bit of screen damage at the pool luckily

CaptJohn
Been Liked: 468 times
Has Liked: 333 times

Post by CaptJohn » Sat Sep 16, 2017 6:17 am

Noble Peter wrote:Im currently in davenport at west Haven, Balmoral drive for a couple of weeks at a villa just a bit of screen damage at the pool luckily
NP: You're in a very nice location in the "Sanctuary." You can probably see my place from where you are. 745 Kildrummy. By all means have a nose around and who knows, you may want to stay there for a future visit to Florida ;)
This user liked this post: Noble Peter

Noble Peter

Post by Noble Peter » Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:18 pm

Might just do that we come over here twice a year thanks

Noble Peter

Post by Noble Peter » Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:38 am

Hi capt john had a look at your place today how do I get in touch for availability and rates please