Minutes applause on sunday

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
dingbfc1
Been Liked: 17 times
Has Liked: 2 times

Minutes applause on sunday

Post by dingbfc1 » Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:44 am

Just letting everyone know this Sundays game..... BURNLEY v PALACE there will be a 72nd MINUTE applause in tribute for Damian Stuttard, who sadly passed away last week , aged 45....
there will also be a picture of Damian on the big screen, His wife Lisa and children plus his family will be attending the game with great pride. Thanks for your kind messages and support.
An avid burnley fan all his life....loved showing his support from the cricket field stand with his son Henry.

He will be sadly missed by many

LETS ENJOY THE GAME AND 3 POINTS PLEASE..... UTC
These 14 users liked this post: cricketfieldclarets PaintYorkClaretnBlue hampsteadclaret longside72 claretblue Braindead mybloodisclaret Juan Tanamera claretdj Leisure Cirrus_Minor Vegas Claret tiger76 Cheeseontoast

cricketfieldclarets
Been Liked: 8585 times
Has Liked: 11285 times

Re: Minutes applause on sunday

Post by cricketfieldclarets » Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:46 am

There will also be a bunch of flowers in his seat where he usually sat x
These 10 users liked this post: dingbfc1 PaintYorkClaretnBlue longside72 mybloodisclaret Whitgord Juan Tanamera claretdj Leisure tiger76 Cheeseontoast

dingbfc1
Been Liked: 17 times
Has Liked: 2 times

Post by dingbfc1 » Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:49 am

A nice touch
UTC
This user liked this post: cricketfieldclarets

PaintYorkClaretnBlue
Been Liked: 662 times
Has Liked: 1220 times

Post by PaintYorkClaretnBlue » Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:55 am

Lisa is my cousin, it's nice to see how popular Damian was, I didn't realise he had so many friends on here. I'm sure that I'll see many of you next Friday. Lisa's sister's husband is a barsteward so Damian and I enjoyed us all meeting up in recent times!!
These 2 users liked this post: cricketfieldclarets longside72

evensteadiereddie
Been Liked: 3150 times
Has Liked: 10256 times

Post by evensteadiereddie » Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:09 am

This is a great gesture and let's keep it going in the future.
There has been some debate on here about the number of tributes such as these at the Turf but I can't think of a better way to remember proper fans and decent lads and lasses.

UTC
This user liked this post: PaintYorkClaretnBlue

cricketfieldclarets

Post by cricketfieldclarets » Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:17 am

evensteadiereddie wrote:This is a great gesture and let's keep it going in the future.
There has been some debate on here about the number of tributes such as these at the Turf but I can't think of a better way to remember proper fans and decent lads and lasses.

UTC
Im actually one who has been critical of it in the past. But while it is a popular thing then there is no harm in it.

Personally I like the idea of the memorial garden and an annual minutes rememberance at games for fans who have passed that year. But if it helps families and friends and lets them pay respects at a place they enjoyed so much then let it be.

Anyway without drifting off topic, if anyone deserved a minutes recognition at a game it was damian. Hes spent more time and money through thick and thin watching us. As memorable face you will see at the turf.
These 3 users liked this post: mybloodisclaret PaintYorkClaretnBlue evensteadiereddie

MACCA
Been Liked: 4360 times

Post by MACCA » Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:21 am

cricketfieldclarets wrote:Im actually one who has been critical of it in the past. But while it is a popular thing then there is no harm in it.

Personally I like the idea of the memorial garden and an annual minutes rememberance at games for fans who have passed that year. But if it helps families and friends and lets them pay respects at a place they enjoyed so much then let it be.

Anyway without drifting off topic, if anyone deserved a minutes recognition at a game it was damian. Hes spent more time and money through thick and thin watching us. As memorable face you will see at the turf.
Fully agree with all of that, and more often than not, if you didn't see him on a match day for whatever reason, you usually heard him!
These 3 users liked this post: cricketfieldclarets PaintYorkClaretnBlue evensteadiereddie

paulatky
Been Liked: 220 times
Has Liked: 772 times

Post by paulatky » Fri Sep 08, 2017 2:19 pm

I never understand the need for this.
All those of you who want to show your respect make an effort and go to the funeral.
No doubt there will be 1,000's of sheep clapping along who never knew him - utter nonsense,

claretdj
Been Liked: 287 times
Has Liked: 175 times

Post by claretdj » Fri Sep 08, 2017 2:24 pm

paulatky wrote:I never understand the need for this.
All those of you who want to show your respect make an effort and go to the funeral.
No doubt there will be 1,000's of sheep clapping along who never knew him - utter nonsense,
Why would you post the above? Show some respect man!!
These 2 users liked this post: Leisure PaintYorkClaretnBlue

MACCA
Been Liked: 4360 times

Post by MACCA » Fri Sep 08, 2017 2:28 pm

You don't need to know someone, to show them and their family some respect.

If you don't want to clap, don't, but there will be many who didn,t know him personally to go to the funeral, who may want to show/pay their respect.

But even if you didn't know him, he was a massive claret, why wouldn't you clap along?
These 4 users liked this post: claretdj cricketfieldclarets PaintYorkClaretnBlue tiger76

ClaretTony
Been Liked: 32537 times
Has Liked: 5278 times

Post by ClaretTony » Fri Sep 08, 2017 2:41 pm

We worked very hard to get something like this done every year when we hold a minute's silence to remember all those Clarets who have passed away in the previous year. It has worked, and worked well.

Since our last home game I am aware of three season ticket holders who have passed away. Whilst not wishing to refer to clapping sheep and it being utter nonsense, which I do find disrespectful, my view is that using the January minute's silence is the most appropriate way to do it at the ground.

We've had this discussion on here several times and the general view is certainly one of a growing concern about it.
This user liked this post: gandhisflipflop

cricketfieldclarets

Post by cricketfieldclarets » Fri Sep 08, 2017 2:47 pm

Hopefully it doesn't drift off topic, especially when his young son (and daughters) will probably read this thread. Save the debate for another thread on another day.

x
This user liked this post: evensteadiereddie

cricketfieldclarets

Post by cricketfieldclarets » Fri Sep 08, 2017 3:03 pm

Well good to see Claret Tony takes the complain button seriously. Outlining that while Damian would laugh it off, his young kids (who are looking foreard to the tributes) would be upset from reading paul atkys comment. Oh well.

Just stick to deleting pointless stuff - like this post!

Paul Atky. While I understand the sentiments, Manners and respect cost nothing.

ClaretTony
Been Liked: 32537 times
Has Liked: 5278 times

Post by ClaretTony » Fri Sep 08, 2017 3:08 pm

cricketfieldclarets wrote:Well good to see Claret Tony takes the complain button seriously. Outlining that while Damian would laugh it off, his young kids (who are looking foreard to the tributes) would be upset from reading paul atkys comment. Oh well.

Just stick to deleting pointless stuff - like this post!

Paul Atky. While I understand the sentiments, Manners and respect cost nothing.
I do take things seriously. I also note than when it's someone you don't know then it's fine to debate it, but when it's someone you do know then it's not. if someone starts a thread then people are entitled to comment, otherwise it is pointless having a board. Paulatky's comments weren't personal, they are generic and no different to what's been said on other threads previously, although I accept his choice of words weren't the best and I've already commented on that.

but for your benefit, I'll close the thread so we don't have comments that you deem unsuitable.