Clarke Carlisle has gone missing

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
RalphCoatesComb
Been Liked: 2415 times
Has Liked: 2115 times

Re: Clarke Carlisle has gone missing

Post by RalphCoatesComb » Fri Sep 15, 2017 5:26 pm

Hope you're safe and well Clarke.

Anyone got any update?

TheOriginalLongsider
Been Liked: 426 times
Has Liked: 219 times

Post by TheOriginalLongsider » Fri Sep 15, 2017 5:28 pm

lifelongclaret wrote:I can fully understand what CC is going through, I'm currently receiving help for anxiety and depression, haven't been widowered for 14 years and bringing up a family on my own my mind has decided it can no longer cope, I took myself off to the doctors and have been referred, I'm being bullied at work or as my work mates see it as banter!!.
At the age of 50 I regularly consider suicide, but my dear son is the reason I don't take the final step, the constant negative thoughts, And being constantly tired even after a good nights sleep are pure hell, I cannot change jobs or take a career brake as I have to work to pay my mortgage, this isn't a cry for help, but nobody knows what goes on behind a clowns smiling face
Hi. As some have said, many people have gone through the same feelings as you. Different circumstances but the same feelings. I know how overwhelming life can be and even just walking down a street can be a huge task. It's good that you're thinking if your son and you're seeking help. If you feel your counselling or medication is not helping don't despair- it can be changed, and once you've found the right help you will begin to feel normal. When you feel better, make a few changes to your life - something to interest you. That might be something small or big. I changed jobs which helped, and now I'm relocating to another city. The house I'm buying needs total renovation and that is a motivation to me. Hope you get to a happier frame of mind soon, but don't worry if it takes a while. Small steps!
These 2 users liked this post: IndigoLake Foshiznik

Siddo
Been Liked: 374 times
Has Liked: 1860 times

Post by Siddo » Fri Sep 15, 2017 5:35 pm

Steddyman wrote:Very sorry to hear about Clarke and hope he is eventually found before he can do anything stupid.

lifelong like many I feel your pain and have had very bad spells in my life. Today I am happy and well so things can get better with the right help and support. If you need some immediate help I cannot recommend enough a book called 'Self help for your nerves' by Dr Claire Weekes.
Please do not discount this book. It worked in an unbelievable way for a close family member who suffered from this terrible disease.

May I also say how impressed I am with most of the replies on this thread. You all obviously care and have gone out of your way to try to help.
This user liked this post: IndigoLake

ClaretTony
Been Liked: 32237 times
Has Liked: 5253 times

Post by ClaretTony » Fri Sep 15, 2017 5:39 pm

I've just put something up on the main site. It's a million to one chance but someone who knows something might just see it.

I've also suggested that vulnerable people should seek help. If you are suffering and reading this, please get help. If it is of benefit then please post on here but please, please get the help you need in whatever way you think is best. I know so well myself how difficult this illness is and I am nowhere near as badly affected as so many are, including people on this board. It's not weak to seek help, it is actually showing real strength to go out and get it.
These 16 users liked this post: BertiesBeehole RalphCoatesComb TheOriginalLongsider IndigoLake cloughyclaret spadesclaret Holtyclaret DAVETHEVICAR DHClaret Pearcey Leisure scrambledclaret ecc Beagleheart Foshiznik nuttersuclan

RalphCoatesComb
Been Liked: 2415 times
Has Liked: 2115 times

Post by RalphCoatesComb » Fri Sep 15, 2017 5:55 pm

ClaretTony wrote:It's not weak to seek help
So true. Well said.
This user liked this post: ants_g

gtclaret
Been Liked: 338 times
Has Liked: 118 times

Post by gtclaret » Fri Sep 15, 2017 6:03 pm

lifelongclaret wrote:I can fully understand what CC is going through, I'm currently receiving help for anxiety and depression, haven't been widowered for 14 years and bringing up a family on my own my mind has decided it can no longer cope, I took myself off to the doctors and have been referred, I'm being bullied at work or as my work mates see it as banter!!.
At the age of 50 I regularly consider suicide, but my dear son is the reason I don't take the final step, the constant negative thoughts, And being constantly tired even after a good nights sleep are pure hell, I cannot change jobs or take a career brake as I have to work to pay my mortgage, this isn't a cry for help, but nobody knows what goes on behind a clowns smiling face
That's such an upsetting story. I wish I lived in the north of England so I could contact you. We could meet and speak.
This user liked this post: tim_noone

IndigoLake
Been Liked: 1 time
Has Liked: 826 times

Post by IndigoLake » Fri Sep 15, 2017 6:24 pm

Top Claret wrote:I feel sorry for his pregnant wife who must be going through it. I think she must be mad having more of his kids, when his is obviously unstable
I also feel for her. However, I believe they are newly married. He's not with the same woman from two years ago.

IndigoLake

Post by IndigoLake » Fri Sep 15, 2017 6:31 pm

It's a concern that he hasn't been found yet as you'd imagine a lot of people are keeping an eye out (even subconsciously) with all the media attention this is getting. With any luck, he'll turn up soon.

Andym26
Been Liked: 27 times
Has Liked: 7 times

Post by Andym26 » Fri Sep 15, 2017 6:46 pm

he has been found in liverpool safe. Good news!
These 3 users liked this post: tim_noone Leisure claretblue

wilks_bfc
Been Liked: 3170 times
Has Liked: 1848 times

Post by wilks_bfc » Fri Sep 15, 2017 6:47 pm

Been found safe in Liverpool. Great news

KefkaClaret
Been Liked: 468 times
Has Liked: 190 times

Post by KefkaClaret » Fri Sep 15, 2017 6:47 pm

Fantastic news

Transpennine
Been Liked: 156 times
Has Liked: 42 times

Post by Transpennine » Fri Sep 15, 2017 6:47 pm

turfytopper wrote:Get home safe Clarke.
He's been found. Safe
This user liked this post: turfytopper

IndigoLake

Post by IndigoLake » Fri Sep 15, 2017 6:51 pm

That's fantastic news. So pleased!

LoveCurryPies
Been Liked: 1599 times
Has Liked: 679 times

Post by LoveCurryPies » Fri Sep 15, 2017 7:00 pm

Great news!

Wonder if he was on his way to see Burnley thrash Liverpool tomorrow? Have a great weekend everyone!
This user liked this post: Leisure

ClaretTony
Been Liked: 32237 times
Has Liked: 5253 times

Post by ClaretTony » Fri Sep 15, 2017 7:01 pm

Best news I've had all day - brilliant news
This user liked this post: Bfcboyo

joey13
Been Liked: 1767 times
Has Liked: 1230 times

Post by joey13 » Fri Sep 15, 2017 7:04 pm

Thank god he is safe , we are all with you Clarke

WestMidsClaret
Been Liked: 534 times
Has Liked: 506 times

Post by WestMidsClaret » Fri Sep 15, 2017 7:14 pm

Was just about to link this thread to his sister so she could maybe pass it on to Clarke when she sees/speaks to him next to show him that there are people who don't want him to be alone and suffering! He was on my FB but then he had to stop using it or something like that so haven't spoken to him for a few years. But thank goodness he's turned up!

It's well known on here I suffer from the same illness as Clarke and I struggle a lot. I'm not sure how to word this properly but the help out there is not very good! I've been shifted from pillar to post in seeing people and after going over things 100s of times with various "professionals" and then sent on my way you get to the stage were you find it hard to keep going over it! I've just excepted this is how it's going to to be for me and I'll never be rid of it! I'll just keep on taking my nutcase pills as my kids call them :lol:
These 4 users liked this post: joey13 TheOriginalLongsider thelaughingclaret Goddy

Im_not_Robbie_Blake
Been Liked: 381 times
Has Liked: 232 times

Clarke is safe!

Post by Im_not_Robbie_Blake » Fri Sep 15, 2017 7:21 pm

Great news - he has been found in Liverpool. What a relief!

Im_not_Robbie_Blake
Been Liked: 381 times
Has Liked: 232 times

Re: Clarke is safe!

Post by Im_not_Robbie_Blake » Fri Sep 15, 2017 7:23 pm

Oops, sorry. I didn't know there was a page 2 on the 'Clarke is Missing' thread and that the news was there. Tony - please delete this thread!

TheOriginalLongsider
Been Liked: 426 times
Has Liked: 219 times

Post by TheOriginalLongsider » Fri Sep 15, 2017 7:26 pm

Very happy he's been found. Take care big man!

Holtyclaret
Been Liked: 342 times
Has Liked: 1558 times

Post by Holtyclaret » Fri Sep 15, 2017 7:27 pm

Excellent news

IndigoLake

Post by IndigoLake » Fri Sep 15, 2017 7:29 pm

I don't think it's such a bad idea to have another thread in this case - particularly because this title will let a lot of people know the good news.

DAVETHEVICAR
Been Liked: 823 times
Has Liked: 1607 times

Post by DAVETHEVICAR » Fri Sep 15, 2017 7:30 pm

Fantastic News

turfytopper
Been Liked: 408 times
Has Liked: 3421 times

Post by turfytopper » Fri Sep 15, 2017 7:35 pm

Keep the thread...spread the good news.

LoveCurryPies
Been Liked: 1599 times
Has Liked: 679 times

Post by LoveCurryPies » Fri Sep 15, 2017 7:46 pm

Would be nice for BFC to have him as half time guest sometime soon. Don't think the guy knows how many people like and worry about him.

tybfc
Been Liked: 1303 times
Has Liked: 318 times

Post by tybfc » Fri Sep 15, 2017 7:47 pm

DAVETHEVICAR wrote:Fantastic News
Prayers answered
This user liked this post: DAVETHEVICAR

Pearcey
Been Liked: 1140 times
Has Liked: 1439 times

Post by Pearcey » Fri Sep 15, 2017 7:49 pm

Great news. Hope he gets himself well.

Walton
Been Liked: 792 times
Has Liked: 241 times

Post by Walton » Fri Sep 15, 2017 7:51 pm

Great news that he's safe, and I hope the Clarets who've posted their own experiences with depression are able to conquer this b*stard.

All the best with it, and as you've seen, this board can be a sympathetic and informative place at times, and it's when it's at its best.

Even if you are suffering but haven't posted, be safe in the knowledge that there is lots of help out there, and it's a huge achievement to open up to people. Of course, it seems daunting, but your doctor will be great with you, your friends and family will be great with you, and WE will be great with you.

Very recently I've experienced first hand the devastating consequences of someone keeping things bottled up until it got too much for them, and the overriding sadness is that it could so easily have been sorted with something as simple as a phone call, we feel.
These 2 users liked this post: TheOriginalLongsider Goddy

thelaughingclaret
Been Liked: 291 times
Has Liked: 99 times

Post by thelaughingclaret » Fri Sep 15, 2017 7:55 pm

WestMidsClaret wrote: It's well known on here I suffer from the same illness as Clarke and I struggle a lot. I'm not sure how to word this properly but the help out there is not very good! I've been shifted from pillar to post in seeing people and after going over things 100s of times with various "professionals" and then sent on my way you get to the stage were you find it hard to keep going over it! I've just excepted this is how it's going to to be for me and I'll never be rid of it! I'll just keep on taking my nutcase pills as my kids call them :lol:
I agree with you and I understand what you mean. The problem is a lack of education and understanding. I really think it should be taught in schools and that gps should be taught more about it, but that is all a different argument for a different day. The thing that gets me through sometimes is knowing that I'm not the only one suffering like this and that I'm not crazy. Hopefully sometime things will improve but having myself gone through the NHS 'system' I can't see it happening soon enough. Hopefully the good thing from stories like these is that it will raise awareness which can only be good.

Very glad that Clarke is safe.
This user liked this post: WestMidsClaret

Bfcboyo
Been Liked: 441 times
Has Liked: 355 times

Post by Bfcboyo » Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:15 pm

thelaughingclaret wrote:I agree with you and I understand what you mean. The problem is a lack of education and understanding. I really think it should be taught in schools and that gps should be taught more about it, but that is all a different argument for a different day. The thing that gets me through sometimes is knowing that I'm not the only one suffering like this and that I'm not crazy. Hopefully sometime things will improve but having myself gone through the NHS 'system' I can't see it happening soon enough. Hopefully the good thing from stories like these is that it will raise awareness which can only be good.

Very glad that Clarke is safe.
It should be introduced into the curriculum at an appropriate age to help youngsters understand themselves not only others. As we know there is no age boundaries. It would make more sense than pushing this gender fluid and binary gender neutral stuff which surely affects a tiny percentage compared . And I feel bad to bring my thoughts on the education establishment into a post about another serious issue such as Clarks but in terms of population percentage , it has to be ten fold the numbers affected . ( Not facts just freely thinking aloud )

Anyway great news Clarke is ok . Wish his tormented soul peace.

Inchy
Been Liked: 1332 times
Has Liked: 95 times

Post by Inchy » Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:24 pm

Re Carlisle- excellent news

Re- longlifeclaret. I have never been depressed so cannot comprehend what you are going through but my dad (BigDave) brought me and my brother up on his own. Growing up as a kid I never really appreciated how much he gave up, how hard it must have been. After having my own son and struggling to look after him for a weekend on my own when he was 6 months old while my wife was on a hen do, I now appreciate how hard it is. I was nearly at breaking point after a bloody weekend. I don't know how old your son is but he either does, or will appreciate your efforts.

Singles dads are heros imo. It's not the norm and it is harder. In general Blokes don't have the same support networks. You should be proud of yourself
These 3 users liked this post: Rick_Muller IndigoLake spadesclaret

Burnleyareback2
Been Liked: 772 times
Has Liked: 1426 times

Post by Burnleyareback2 » Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:50 pm

Good news

durhamclaret
Been Liked: 250 times
Has Liked: 311 times

Post by durhamclaret » Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:54 pm

I know we are not a charity but how about giving Clark a job such as players liaison officer, doesn't have to pay much and he could offer a lot
God bless Clark and UTC

Belgianclaret
Been Liked: 932 times
Has Liked: 165 times

Post by Belgianclaret » Sat Sep 16, 2017 8:28 am

Inchy wrote:Re Carlisle- excellent news

Re- longlifeclaret. I have never been depressed so cannot comprehend what you are going through but my dad (BigDave) brought me and my brother up on his own. Growing up as a kid I never really appreciated how much he gave up, how hard it must have been. After having my own son and struggling to look after him for a weekend on my own when he was 6 months old while my wife was on a hen do, I now appreciate how hard it is. I was nearly at breaking point after a bloody weekend. I don't know how old your son is but he either does, or will appreciate your efforts.

Singles dads are heros imo. It's not the norm and it is harder. In general Blokes don't have the same support networks. You should be proud of yourself
Still miss your Dad's paper reviews Inchy

bfc1984
Been Liked: 61 times
Has Liked: 9 times

Post by bfc1984 » Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:02 am

Great news! Did not realise that he recently remarried,even in happy times it is sad to see him so down with the illness.Hope he gets through this he needs support from everyone

ecc
Been Liked: 1394 times
Has Liked: 1272 times

Post by ecc » Sat Sep 16, 2017 11:33 am

"It's not weak to seek help, it is actually showing real strength to go out and get it."

Totally agree with you, Tony.
This user liked this post: Belgianclaret

hampsteadclaret
Been Liked: 1110 times
Has Liked: 802 times

Post by hampsteadclaret » Sat Sep 16, 2017 3:12 pm

BBC 5 live have just said that Clarke is in hospital in Liverpool, and that he is very unwell.

Get well soon Clarke..there are plenty of people hoping to see you much better, soon.

claretblue
Been Liked: 1831 times
Has Liked: 961 times

Post by claretblue » Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:03 am

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/cl ... n-11216372" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;