How Big Is Romelu Lukaku's Penis?

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Foshiznik
Been Liked: 723 times
Has Liked: 2037 times
Location: Computer matrix, IP not found- current code: 00101110100101001100100 1011101010100010101101010100100

Re: How Big Is Romelu Lukaku's Penis?

Post by Foshiznik » Tue Sep 19, 2017 2:05 pm

NottsClaret wrote:That Park Ji-sung song was racist, but he was Korean and nobody gave a s**t so they sang it for years.
How is his chant racist exactly?

Sidney1st
Been Liked: 3548 times
Has Liked: 5594 times

Post by Sidney1st » Tue Sep 19, 2017 2:07 pm

http://terracechants.me.uk/player/chants/Ji-Sung+Park" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

:lol:

UpTheBeehole
Been Liked: 1157 times
Has Liked: 496 times

Post by UpTheBeehole » Tue Sep 19, 2017 2:07 pm

Why is it racist to say Jews are careful with their money? Why is it racist to say Asians are good at maths? Why is it racist to say black men have 24-inch penises? Guys, these are compliments! Your lot are never satisfied, are they?

And so to some Manchester United fans’ chants about their striker Romelu Lukaku, which a totally encouraging number of people simply cannot see are racist. To be super-clear (and apologies to those who realised this in 1964 or whenever): any assumption about someone made solely on the basis of that person’s race is racist. It may also be banter – but it is racist banter. And if anyone’s still struggling with the logical underpinnings of that incredibly simple rule of thumb, we’ll be diving deeper into why in a minute.

For now, Kick It Out have written to Manchester United asking them to act on the Lukaku chants, explaining: “Racist stereotypes are never acceptable in football or wider society, irrespective of showing support for a player.” In 2014, a YouGov analysis of Manchester United and Manchester City fans asked the two groups to describe themselves from a list of over 200 personality traits. With United fans, the one that came out top was “adaptable”. So do let’s hope they’ll swiftly adapt to not singing songs about Lukaku’s cock size.

Hang on – before we continue, I should stress: not all Manchester United fans. An unquantified minority of Manchester United fans. A minority who have almost without doubt completely lost their **** in the past if anyone tried to stereotype them in some way. As troublemakers, say, or people who live in Surrey. Yes, it’s a particular irony that those voicing distaste about the Lukaku chant are now being accused of oversensitivity by a certain strand of quick-to-temper football fans, who absolutely cannot stand to be generalised about themselves in any way. I mean, they really wet their pants about it.

If it relates to their own tribe, there are few more sensitive and chippy policers of language than some football fans. Fire up the internet and start anything other than the most positive sentence with the words “All fans of X club are” and you would be accused of appalling bias, hatred of the club, laziness, and a variety of unprintables besides. It is absolutely right that phrases like “a section of fans” and “a minority of fans” appear in news reports relating to the less savoury incidents that occasionally attend the game. But I sometimes feel they need to feature in special highlighted type in case arguably the most oversensitive group in society thinks someone’s accusing them, personally, of whatever it is. Not all United fans. Not all Chelsea fans. Not all England fans. Not all men.

But back to Lukaku, and this one-eyed notion that stereotyping someone in a manner perceived to be complimentary is somehow problem-free. As huge amounts of psychological research has found, the trouble with supposedly positive stereotypes is that they tend to be accompanied in the minds of those who hold them by distinctly less complimentary ones. Time and again research papers have showed you couldn’t have one without the other: people who saw Asians as great at maths also thought they were cold and remote, and terrible drivers. If we may boil this tendency down to a racist drama in three sentences: Why is it racist to say Jews are careful with their money? It’s a compliment, for God’s sake. Bloody hell, trust the Jews to find something to complain about.

And so with the Lukaku chant. I’m afraid we have to ask ourselves something about those Manchester United fans chanting their great big compliment at Lukaku: what’s the likelihood that the only stereotype those people hold about black people is that they have enormous penises? Honestly, what are the chances? Zero, is the answer to that, whether or not they even realise it.

As the aforementioned social psychologists repeatedly find, those who are positively stereotyped in one department are negatively stereotyped in others. For instance, you don’t get people to assume you have a superior penis without them also quietly assuming you have an inferior brain.

This is why it is so unreasonable to expect people to laugh along with what may seem to those indulging in it to be “just banter” – be they the subject of the chant himself, or other black people who hear it or hear of it. Not all of them may declare they have a problem with it, but the ones who do have a very real and serious problem with it. Why should they be expected to laugh gratefully as you tell them they have a huge penis, when inside they may be well aware that you also probably think they’re lazy and more predisposed to criminal behaviour?

Obviously, this questionably complimentary stereotyping isn’t restricted to race. It may come as a shock to the system for men given to paying a certain type of compliment, but when women heard men praise them for conforming to one positive stereotype – being ladylike, for instance, or nurturing - they stated that they were more likely to think the man also held negative stereotypes about them. And why wouldn’t he? He’s a stereotyper. Stands to reason he does it both ways. He may not be saying them out loud. But they’re there.

Just as they are with Lukaku. Prejudice masquerading as praise may appear superficially more appealing than prejudice without disguise. But only superficially.
https://www.theguardian.com/football/bl ... ukaku-song

Dom
Been Liked: 327 times
Has Liked: 218 times

Post by Dom » Tue Sep 19, 2017 2:14 pm

That's some stretch that article. The chant is shite but it still doesn't mean it's racist.
Positive stereotypes don't always have negative stereotypes that go along with them, that is quite frankly ********. Large Romelu Lukaku sized ********.

cutsy123
Been Liked: 697 times
Has Liked: 351 times

Post by cutsy123 » Tue Sep 19, 2017 2:20 pm

Either way i bet hes got a lad on him

UpTheBeehole
Been Liked: 1157 times
Has Liked: 496 times

Post by UpTheBeehole » Tue Sep 19, 2017 2:45 pm

Dom wrote:That's some stretch that article. The chant is shite but it still doesn't mean it's racist.
Positive stereotypes don't always have negative stereotypes that go along with them, that is quite frankly ********. Large Romelu Lukaku sized ********.
Miss this bit?
As huge amounts of psychological research has found, the trouble with supposedly positive stereotypes is that they tend to be accompanied in the minds of those who hold them by distinctly less complimentary ones. Time and again research papers have showed you couldn’t have one without the other

Dom
Been Liked: 327 times
Has Liked: 218 times

Post by Dom » Tue Sep 19, 2017 2:48 pm

UpTheBeehole wrote:Miss this bit?
No I read that, I just disagree with it.

I don't have any negative stereotypes of black people.

Marney&Mee
Been Liked: 657 times
Has Liked: 7 times

Post by Marney&Mee » Tue Sep 19, 2017 2:54 pm

Rowls wrote:The correct answer is - don't ask.

And don't infer that it might be large.

In "this day and age" it is "insulting", "cheap", "offensive" and "derogatory" to suggest he might have a whopping big Donkey Kong.

In my life I've found this was one stereotype black men were very keen to perpetuate.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41317495" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
No bigger than a twix I'd wager...end to end. Fully fledged..

gandhisflipflop
Been Liked: 2340 times
Has Liked: 1405 times

Post by gandhisflipflop » Tue Sep 19, 2017 3:14 pm

NottsClaret wrote:That Park Ji-sung song was racist, but he was Korean and nobody gave a s**t so they sang it for years.

No it wasnt but the song is of similar ilk. Kick it out didn't single the one out because he wasn't black.

BennyD
Been Liked: 1338 times
Has Liked: 757 times

Post by BennyD » Tue Sep 19, 2017 3:28 pm

Dom wrote:True. I suppose it could be seen as negative if there were women who wouldn't want to go with a black man if she thought he had something between his legs that would leave her looking like a punched lasagna.
That's sexist; what about men who want to go with a black man? Racism and sexism, I'm just waiting for the short-ar5e fat-b4stards to kick off because they've been left out! :D

gandhisflipflop

Post by gandhisflipflop » Tue Sep 19, 2017 3:34 pm

There are women out there who only like black men. Is that racist? Excuse me while I become all offended.

Quicknick
Been Liked: 1218 times
Has Liked: 7206 times

Post by Quicknick » Tue Sep 19, 2017 3:34 pm

Claretforever wrote:It's too big for one thread... :o

image hosting sites free
It's a bit thin.

Cheeseontoast
Been Liked: 25 times
Has Liked: 73 times

Post by Cheeseontoast » Tue Sep 19, 2017 3:38 pm

Just change the line to say microscopic penis. Job done. Or is it?

ClaretEngineer
Been Liked: 690 times
Has Liked: 406 times

Post by ClaretEngineer » Tue Sep 19, 2017 3:52 pm

Imagine if the chant was factually correct and that Lukaku does have a massive dong, where do all those that are offended stand then?

I'm sure the simple definition of racist is to be discriminatory against the colour of someones skin colour.

''The belief that all members of each race possess characteristics, abilities, or qualities specific to that race, especially so as to distinguish it as inferior or superior to another race or races.'' OED

Big d**k's are not solely confined to black folk.

I have one and I'm not black. Or Belgian. Nor do I score goals or play football for Manchester United.

evensteadiereddie
Been Liked: 3150 times
Has Liked: 10260 times

Post by evensteadiereddie » Tue Sep 19, 2017 3:54 pm

quoonbeatz wrote:i've tweeted steve defour to ask
Defour reckons Lucocku's kuk, er, Lukaku's cock is three times the size of his.

So that's Defour plus Defour plus Defour which equals Detwelve. I'm assuming inches not centimetres. :o
This user liked this post: Rowls

NottsClaret
Been Liked: 2625 times
Has Liked: 1 time

Post by NottsClaret » Tue Sep 19, 2017 4:19 pm

gandhisflipflop wrote:No it wasnt but the song is of similar ilk. Kick it out didn't single the one out because he wasn't black.
It's a bit off topic, but I'm genuinely curious as what would count as a racist chant?

"Park, Park, wherever you may be, you eat dogs in your home country.."

If that's not a stereotype based on race, I'm not sure what is. They've linked a pro-footballer living and working in England to the relatively rare practice of consuming dog meat in Korea purely because of his race.

By the way, I laughed when I heard it. I think it's funny and it works as a song, particularly the pay-off to score points about scousers. That doesn't mean it's not racist though, it just means I laughed at something a bit racist. Sometimes that'll happen, just don't tie yourself in knots about it.

Vegas Claret
Been Liked: 11061 times
Has Liked: 5667 times

Post by Vegas Claret » Tue Sep 19, 2017 4:28 pm

the world is going to ****, we are surrounded by terrorists, we are being governed by weak lunatics and people are moaning about a song that is nothing more than a comedic stereotype. Some people need to get a ******* grip

Sidney1st

Post by Sidney1st » Tue Sep 19, 2017 4:36 pm

Get a grip of what?

Lukaku or life in general?
This user liked this post: evensteadiereddie

NottsClaret
Been Liked: 2625 times
Has Liked: 1 time

Post by NottsClaret » Tue Sep 19, 2017 4:45 pm

Vegas Claret wrote:the world is going to ****, we are surrounded by terrorists, we are being governed by weak lunatics and people are moaning about a song that is nothing more than a comedic stereotype. Some people need to get a ******* grip
I even moaned about running out of milk this morning. But to be fair, I hadn't checked the terrorist threat level when I did.

Bin Ont Turf
Been Liked: 5188 times
Has Liked: 804 times
Location: On top of a pink elephant riding to the Democratic Republic of Congo

Post by Bin Ont Turf » Tue Sep 19, 2017 4:47 pm

If you think about it everything is offensive.

Cheese, pencil sharpeners, step ladders, poached eggs, bicycles, Kingston upon Hull, Donald Trump's hair, bread bins, the night sky.... etc.

Rowls
Been Liked: 5102 times
Has Liked: 5178 times

Post by Rowls » Tue Sep 19, 2017 4:47 pm

Sidney1st wrote:Get a grip of what?

Lukaku or life in general?
Lukaku's todger.

Obvs.

NB: Use both hands guys. You don't want to drop it.

kentonclaret
Been Liked: 983 times
Has Liked: 205 times

Post by kentonclaret » Tue Sep 19, 2017 4:48 pm

Twice the size of Jose Mourinho's ego.

So, its MASSIVE. :lol: :lol:

Flat Stanley
Been Liked: 60 times
Has Liked: 103 times

Post by Flat Stanley » Tue Sep 19, 2017 4:55 pm

Seems like a bit of fun this. I Remember Linford Christie used to get upset about the Sun publishing photos labelled Linfords lunch box or something to that effect. He was ****** off that he was the best sprinter in the world and rather than give him credit all they were bothered about was making fun of him and the size of his one eyed trouser snake! That did seem a bit racist and stereotypical but this seems more like a bit of fun. Does the song celebrate his football prowess as well or just talk about the size of his Dong? Would be interested to hear what he thinks about it.

CardyTheClaret
Been Liked: 190 times
Has Liked: 114 times

Post by CardyTheClaret » Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:17 pm

UpTheBeehole wrote:Shame we couldn't have kept it all to one thread mind...

http://www.uptheclarets.com/messageboar ... =2&t=20645
Talking of big dicks....

Cheeseontoast
Been Liked: 25 times
Has Liked: 73 times

Post by Cheeseontoast » Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:23 pm

I doubt Lukaku even remotely gives one. He's probably too busy making punched lasagne :D . Credit to Dom post 11.

lucs86
Been Liked: 177 times
Has Liked: 631 times

Post by lucs86 » Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:24 pm

I like Marina Hyde and I might have missed the point but I don't agree with that article. I'm aware that white people from Burnley don't really have much authority when talking about racism against black people, but anyway: black culture, most importantly through music, has been a massive part of my (and most of the people I know's) upbringing, and this negative stereotyping, from my perspective, just doesn't really exist. If unspoken negative stereotypes are the rationale behind that chant being unacceptably racist then I think for a lot of people the charge doesn't stick and there might be some projection going on, possibly from older generations.

Some of the people chanting it probably are racists and will hold negative stereotypes about black people but I'd bet loads don't and don't recognise the issue here. Like the lads the other week dressed up/blacked up as Cool Runnings, I don't think there's malice involved, I think it's a long way from malice being involved. I can understand that by definition there's racism happening and that's bad, but there's always a big kickback when stuff like this comes up and I don't think in general it ends up making people more tolerant.
This user liked this post: walter the softy

Vegas Claret
Been Liked: 11061 times
Has Liked: 5667 times

Post by Vegas Claret » Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:29 pm

NottsClaret wrote:I even moaned about running out of milk this morning. But to be fair, I hadn't checked the terrorist threat level when I did.
If that's what you took from my statement....... :lol:

4:20
Been Liked: 1066 times
Has Liked: 1192 times

Post by 4:20 » Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:29 pm

I hope he holds his arms aloft, 24 inches wide, with a big grin on his face after every goal he scores, including the one that wins the World Cup for Belgium and that the celebration is so popular, it's included in the Fifa 19 goal celebrations and he's even on the front cover doing it.
Last edited by 4:20 on Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

THEWELLERNUT70
Been Liked: 1040 times
Has Liked: 2041 times

Post by THEWELLERNUT70 » Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:32 pm

Could he be the 1st player to be sent off for a three footed tackle
These 3 users liked this post: Rowls Sidney1st FactualFrank

JohnMac
Been Liked: 2379 times
Has Liked: 3807 times

Post by JohnMac » Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:36 pm

I know I'm a dinosaur being from the 60's educated generation but just HOW that song can be related to racism in any way, shape or form is simply ludicrous.
This user liked this post: Vegas Claret

Rowls

Post by Rowls » Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:37 pm

THEWELLERNUT70 wrote:Could he be the 1st player to be sent off for a three footed tackle
Good call. :D

Mark Winstanley was once sent off for jumping in with two left feet - but that was at Stan's request and nothing to do with the referee.

Lukaku has much larger potential in this respect (allegedly).
This user liked this post: THEWELLERNUT70

Sidney1st

Post by Sidney1st » Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:39 pm

NottsClaret wrote:I even moaned about running out of milk this morning. But to be fair, I hadn't checked the terrorist threat level when I did.
From the sounds of it you should've checked the penis threat level.
This user liked this post: THEWELLERNUT70

Rowls

Post by Rowls » Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:45 pm

Sidney1st wrote:From the sounds of it you should've checked the penis threat level.
I've already checked - it's "Black Special" threat level.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BIKINI_state" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
This user liked this post: Sidney1st

Pstotto
Been Liked: 1024 times
Has Liked: 763 times

Post by Pstotto » Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:38 pm

I'm glad I'm not a professional footballer...

CoolClaret
Been Liked: 2264 times
Has Liked: 2175 times

Post by CoolClaret » Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:38 pm

UpTheBeehole wrote:Miss this bit?
Social psychologists - I forgot what an empirically sound subject that is and nothing is ever just theory

People being able to laugh at stereotypes is fun - it brings people together, it only causes offense one if you choose to take it and two if it's said in a hateful manor.

Personally, if I was Lukaku, after I scored my next goal I'd imitate swinging it round like a lasso, and lasso Juan Mata and pull him towards me - why?! because it'd be absolutely hilarious.

I'm really not keen with this new view on policing words or thoughts.

gandhisflipflop

Post by gandhisflipflop » Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:45 pm

NottsClaret wrote:It's a bit off topic, but I'm genuinely curious as what would count as a racist chant?

If that's not a stereotype based on race, I'm not sure what is. They've linked a pro-footballer living and working in England to the relatively rare practice of consuming dog meat in Korea purely because of his race.

By the way, I laughed when I heard it. I think it's funny and it works as a song, particularly the pay-off to score points about scousers. That doesn't mean it's not racist though, it just means I laughed at something a bit racist. Sometimes that'll happen, just don't tie yourself in knots about it.

It's a stereotype based on a culture not a race. There's a massive difference. They do eat dogs in their own country. So what? We eat fish and chips. A racist chant is a chant taunting a player for the colour of his skin. Nothing more nothing less.

colner
Been Liked: 43 times
Has Liked: 3 times

Post by colner » Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:09 am

hows this for a bit of fun
https://youtu.be/I9QLzUDbDjs" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Foshiznik
Been Liked: 723 times
Has Liked: 2037 times
Location: Computer matrix, IP not found- current code: 00101110100101001100100 1011101010100010101101010100100

Post by Foshiznik » Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:46 pm

NottsClaret wrote:It's a bit off topic, but I'm genuinely curious as what would count as a racist chant?

It's not racist. It's even factual. They do eat dogs in his home country. I thought this was a well know fact.

If it be your will
Been Liked: 500 times
Has Liked: 509 times

Post by If it be your will » Thu Sep 21, 2017 4:38 pm

Last edited by If it be your will on Fri Oct 05, 2018 10:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Falcon
Been Liked: 894 times
Has Liked: 1172 times

Post by Falcon » Fri Sep 22, 2017 1:35 pm

Lukaku has made some very sensible comments on this. Thanked the United fans for the support, said he appreciated the songs but probably time to move on from this one.

United supporters are very good at getting new chants going so I'm sure they'll have another one lined up for him by kick off tomorrow.

Claret&Green
Been Liked: 53 times
Has Liked: 24 times

Post by Claret&Green » Fri Sep 22, 2017 5:03 pm

Just out of interest what would happen if we used this song for our Belgian Genius and changed Romeu Lukaku to Stephen Defour. Would Kick it Out tell us to stop coz it's racist against Belgians?

ClaretMoffitt
Been Liked: 1216 times
Has Liked: 807 times

Post by ClaretMoffitt » Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:22 pm

Their existence depends on finding racism.

If they don't find some, the less necessary they are deemed to be and they lose their funding.

Simples. They want it to be racist.

Greenmile
Been Liked: 1081 times
Has Liked: 4265 times

Post by Greenmile » Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:18 am

I'm not sure whether the chant is racist or not.

What I am sure of is, if the question "is x racist?" is asked, from Mark Sampson to Kelvin Mackenzie to football chants, Rowls will be first in line to shout "of course not", because accusing someone of racism is 100 times worse than actual racism in his mind and must therefore be called out at every opportunity (whereas actual racism can be ignored).

And if you point that out, he'll say something like...
Rowls wrote: The ironic thing here being that I'd be willing to bet a fair whack that my life, my friends, my social circle and my beliefs are more liberal than yours. If this were ever reduced to case of "who's got the most black/asian/non-white or gay/queer/bi-sexual friends?" or "who holds the most liberal views on sexuality?" I'd come out as the most liberal.
...because he's obviously the most liberal person here, based on all those black and gay friends he has.