REPORT: Wednesday come a Cropper as young Clarets go joint top

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
ClaretTony
Been Liked: 32244 times
Has Liked: 5255 times

REPORT: Wednesday come a Cropper as young Clarets go joint top

Post by ClaretTony » Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:29 pm

Report from today's youth game when we finally were able to get in

See link
http://www.uptheclarets.com/wednesday-c ... -joint-top" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

boatshed bill
Been Liked: 3139 times
Has Liked: 6682 times

Re: REPORT: Wednesday come a Cropper as young Clarets go joint top

Post by boatshed bill » Sun Sep 24, 2017 2:21 pm

I've just read this report, CT.
Is the club trying to keep the public away from these games? Is it their policy?

ClaretTony
Been Liked: 32244 times
Has Liked: 5255 times

Post by ClaretTony » Sun Sep 24, 2017 6:09 pm

boatshed bill wrote:I've just read this report, CT.
Is the club trying to keep the public away from these games? Is it their policy?

I've no idea what the situation is but the way some of our fans were spoken to by the bloke at the entrance was a disgrace. If the club were trying to keep the fans away I'm sure they'd have actually said as such, and they haven't and why would they want no one watching? So I'm hoping and assuming it was the appalling jobs worth getting above his station. I sincerely hope he's not going to be there again.
This user liked this post: boatshed bill

Ashingtonclaret46
Been Liked: 1828 times
Has Liked: 2613 times

Post by Ashingtonclaret46 » Sun Sep 24, 2017 6:29 pm

I must admit that I was surprised at the attitude of the security man yesterday which was a bit more than "Thou shalt not pass!"
I have been going to youth games for more years than I care to remember and have never had a problem in the past, in fact, the majority of the people I have met have been very helpful, particularly when I have needed to change my clothes on wet days, having travelled from Ashington.
I hope that this was just a one off.

As far as the game was concerned, I felt the same as CT in that first ten minutes when we hardly got out of our half, however, after they scored we really got ourselves going and, in the end, it was a fairly comfortable win after our keeper made that superb save.
It would appear that the youngsters have made the step up to this next level and I hope that they continue to improve. Well done to all concerned.