Burnley fan Jo Cunningham (formerly Tomlinson) passes away

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
ClaretTony
Been Liked: 32526 times
Has Liked: 5276 times

Burnley fan Jo Cunningham (formerly Tomlinson) passes away

Post by ClaretTony » Wed Sep 27, 2017 9:21 am

On Monday afternoon I received a phone call that I knew was inevitable but didn't want to receive. It was bringing me the news that my friend Jo Cunningham had passed away having succumbed to cancer at the age of 50.

I've met countless Burnley supporters over the years, on the Turf, travelling to away games, through supporters clubs etc. etc. with many becoming friends, but Jo was one of the first I met having communicated via the internet. It wasn't so much message boards then but email groups and Jo was a prolific member of the one I joined almost twenty years ago.

Although she registered on the message boards, she rarely posted, I don't think message boards were quite her cup of tea, but she has inadvertently played a massive part in the setting up of Up the Clarets in that it was Jo who arranged an event back in 2000 at which DiBraido and myself met for the first time. Without that meeting, and our subsequent friendship, this site in all likelihood wouldn't have happened.

I was really shocked when I heard Jo was poorly a few months ago but didn't initially realise it would come to this. This was Jo so it wouldn't happen. This was the Jo who sat right in front of me as we won promotion at Scunthorpe, the Jo who was one of the first Clarets I bumped into on the way back from Wembley in 2009 and the excited looking Jo who the Sky cameras zoomed in on just as we went into stoppage time in our promotion winning 1-0 victory against QPR in 2016. She remained a committed Claret, taking her seat in the Bob Lord Stand.

We hit it off as friends from the first time we met although, as an Erasure fan, she was always acutely jealous of the fact that I'd met Andy Bell. I think she did eventually forgive me that one. I'm listening to Erasure right now as I post this.

I didn't see anywhere near enough of her in recent years, so there's a warning to people, keep in touch with your friends. I know real friends remain friends whatever but make sure there's at least the occasional text or phone call.

I loved Jo to bits and, even though I didn't see anywhere near enough of her, I'll miss her to bits. I'll miss that big smile she always had on her face, I'll miss that genuine warm friendship she always offered and I'll, well, just miss her.

I know there won't be too many on this board who knew her, but equally I know there are some that did. I was sent the photo below recently. It was taken when she found herself in the same hotel as the team before the away game at Sunderland last March.

Bless you Jo.

My thoughts right now are with the two men in her life, her husband Steve and her son Harry who has lost his mum at just 22.

xx
Jo and Sean Dyche.jpg
Jo and Sean Dyche.jpg (67.03 KiB) Viewed 9248 times
These 51 users liked this post: bfcfan1882 Leisure Midmoorclaret Colburn_Claret dushanbe Spijed turfytopper Pimlico_Claret BleedingClaret Rick_Muller bfcjg paulus the woodgnome KeighleyClaret Gerry Hattrick Woody9229 Jel Brandon cutsy123 Sarum Mala591 Yanquiclaret ashtonlongsider jjclaret MrVmax ten bellies dibraidio dpinsussex evensteadiereddie DAVETHEVICAR DCWat ontario claret SunnyClaret Ptangyangkipperbang bartons baggage Stacky_claret CardyTheClaret tiger76 Houseclaret RoystonVasey icu81b4 Quicknick Sausage Chip Harrison everychuffinwhere Ambrose vinrogue boiledclaret hampsteadclaret Dodobdobodobo ants_g Gnulty

clansman
Been Liked: 322 times
Has Liked: 89 times

Re: Burnley fan Jo Cunningham (formerly Tomlinson) passes away

Post by clansman » Wed Sep 27, 2017 9:24 am

Its been a sad year.
Deepest sympathy to Steve and Harry.

Lord Beamish
Been Liked: 3435 times
Has Liked: 2881 times

Post by Lord Beamish » Wed Sep 27, 2017 9:25 am

Fifty is no age to die. So sad.

mdd2
Been Liked: 1666 times
Has Liked: 701 times

Post by mdd2 » Wed Sep 27, 2017 9:31 am

A very touching tribute Tony. I didn't know her or her family but I know you so I can say with some feeling that I am so sorry to hear of the loss of one of your close friends.
Condolences to Jo's family and friends, 50 is no age to be leaving this world

bfcfan1882
Been Liked: 43 times
Has Liked: 18 times

Post by bfcfan1882 » Wed Sep 27, 2017 9:32 am

RIPJoJo, you’ll be missed.
These 2 users liked this post: Woody9229 Brandon

CleggHall
Been Liked: 843 times
Has Liked: 1050 times

Post by CleggHall » Wed Sep 27, 2017 9:33 am

A very nice tribute CT, could not have been easy to write. Jo sounds to have been a top- rate claret.
These 5 users liked this post: Midmoorclaret Leisure Sarum evensteadiereddie oswyclaret

Brandon
Been Liked: 15 times
Has Liked: 23 times

Post by Brandon » Wed Sep 27, 2017 9:38 am

I was a member of those eMail groups and Jo's intelligence, football knowledge, sense of humour and passion for Burnley Football Club made her the kind of person everyone wanted to know. She 'll leave a big gap in many lives but none more so than Steve and Harry. RIP Jo.
These 2 users liked this post: Gerry Hattrick Woody9229

KeighleyClaret
Been Liked: 340 times
Has Liked: 86 times

Post by KeighleyClaret » Wed Sep 27, 2017 9:46 am

Lovely tribute Tony. Life is really too short and friends are what make it good.
These 3 users liked this post: Leisure Sarum evensteadiereddie

dushanbe
Been Liked: 396 times
Has Liked: 52 times

Post by dushanbe » Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:05 am

Terrible news, I remember Jo well from those early email groups and would often see her in the Bob Lord.
This user liked this post: Woody9229

BleedingClaret
Been Liked: 988 times
Has Liked: 1660 times

Post by BleedingClaret » Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:06 am

Very Sad
Nice sentiments Tony, very touching.
I didn't know her, although I feel, most likely, I've seen her at away games, but being 50 too, you know young people think 50 is pipe and slippers time and your life is over but when you're there you feel no age at all.
So sad when someone who lights up the life of others is taken too early.
Sadder than sad.

turfytopper
Been Liked: 409 times
Has Liked: 3426 times

Post by turfytopper » Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:39 am

Tragedy. RIP Jo. Sincere condolences to her family at this very difficult time.

Pimlico_Claret
Been Liked: 614 times
Has Liked: 680 times

Post by Pimlico_Claret » Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:40 am

I was formerly married to Jo and Harry is our son. This is such a sad time for everyone who knew her. Jo had never been into football before we met, so much so that she booked a holiday to Corfu which meant that I missed the Stockport play off final. As a punishment, I bought her a season ticket the following year, and she never looked back, keeping the same seat in the Bob Lord ever since. We took Harry onto his first match aged just 6 weeks, a cold November Tuesday, we beat Notts county and likewise Harry is a passionate life long Claret.
Although we went our separate ways, we remained on good terms, and shared care of Harry until he left for University. Unfortunately, Jo wasn't well enough to attend his graduation earlier in the Summer, but she was able to watch it on a video feed, and we bombarded her with photos, I know she was so proud of his achievement.
Jo married Steve some years ago, she couldn't quite convert him from PNE, but he is a sound guy and he has been by her side, literally throughout her illness and he knows that there is much love and support for him due to Jo's popularity.
She fought her illness bravely, but succumbed peacefully on the 25th of September, which is poignantly Harry's birthday.
Too young, too vibrant, the world is a little less brighter today.
These 35 users liked this post: turfytopper bobinho ClaretTony BleedingClaret Brandon Rick_Muller bfcjg beeholeclaret KeighleyClaret Gerry Hattrick Woody9229 Midmoorclaret Yanquiclaret ashtonlongsider jjclaret tim_noone dibraidio ClaretPope HatfieldClaret DAVETHEVICAR ontario claret Ptangyangkipperbang Stacky_claret claret wizard Dark Cloud Clarets4me RoystonVasey Chip Harrison vinrogue boiledclaret claretblue oswyclaret hampsteadclaret quoonbeatz The Enclosure

bobinho
Been Liked: 4105 times
Has Liked: 6588 times

Post by bobinho » Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:45 am

Touching and heartfelt tributes from CT and her ex hubby. Very sad to hear.

Didn't know the lady but I've seen her plenty of times.

RIP Jo.
These 2 users liked this post: Quickenthetempo beeholeclaret

ClaretTony

Post by ClaretTony » Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:49 am

I didn't mention the fact that she passed on Harry's birthday, which we hoped wouldn't happen, nor that Steve is very much a Preston fan who Jo fought, without success, to convert. He is though, as Pimlico says, a sound guy.

Stevebfc40
Been Liked: 29 times
Has Liked: 11 times

Post by Stevebfc40 » Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:55 am

RIP JO. Fine words Tony. 50 is no age, especially when I've just reached it. My thoughts to the family and all who knew her.

Fretters
Been Liked: 1051 times
Has Liked: 553 times

Post by Fretters » Wed Sep 27, 2017 11:31 am

Heart breaking, especially for Harry on his birthday. My thoughts go out to all concerned.

boiledclaret
Been Liked: 389 times
Has Liked: 1022 times

Post by boiledclaret » Wed Sep 27, 2017 11:36 am

I echo what Fretters wrote. Far too young, RIP Jo.

Holdo
Been Liked: 13 times
Has Liked: 2 times

Post by Holdo » Wed Sep 27, 2017 11:38 am

Tony, Awful news but thanks for passing it on. I first met you and Jo on those early email groups and remember the first get together in (I think) the Sparrowhawk. Like you we hit it off straight away, she helped me through an OU course and we bumped into each other often at home and away games. She was always the most positive bubbly person in the room and she became friends with other members of my family who I'm sure will be as saddened as I am at the news. As you say Steve is very much a sound guy and my thoughts go out to him, Harry and her many close friends and family.

bfcjg
Been Liked: 5080 times
Has Liked: 6881 times

Post by bfcjg » Wed Sep 27, 2017 11:40 am

That is so desperately sad and life isn't fair at all. RIP she will be free from pain and in a better place.

Quickenthetempo
Been Liked: 3863 times
Has Liked: 2073 times

Post by Quickenthetempo » Wed Sep 27, 2017 11:42 am

Rest in peace fellow Claret.

Fine tributes posted on here.

Heaton's Gloves
Been Liked: 49 times

Post by Heaton's Gloves » Wed Sep 27, 2017 12:46 pm

RIP fellow Claret. Condolences to her family at such a sad time. Taken far too young.

Yanquiclaret
Been Liked: 54 times
Has Liked: 18 times

Post by Yanquiclaret » Wed Sep 27, 2017 1:20 pm

I would just like to echo everything Tony said. I never got to meet her in person, and yes she could form a connection even with someone she never met in person. My connection is all through the original Burnley email group and the interwebs and Facebook. I will miss her greatly all the same. Love to Steve and Harry who she could never stop talking about.

bodge
Been Liked: 729 times
Has Liked: 475 times

Post by bodge » Wed Sep 27, 2017 1:24 pm

Shocked me this, used to see her all the time by the BL brew hut before the game.

RIP Jo.

Woody9229
Been Liked: 65 times
Has Liked: 165 times

Post by Woody9229 » Wed Sep 27, 2017 2:03 pm

Thank you for posting that Tony and well done for articulating what those of us who knew Jo are feeling this week and since we knew just how seriously ill she was.I just loved that E Mail group and Jo was the fulcrum and a source of so much of the joy many of us took from our interraction on there. It was therefore even better to be part of the first get together when we did the "Executive" thing and that day did not disappoint (cant remember the result mind?). I am also priveleged to say we became firmer friends from afar in recent years via Facebook and as our lives changed some of it played out on there I felt I knew Steve and Harry but more importantly got to know Jo better. Just one of THE nicest people I have ever known and it is so sad that she had to go though what she has done in the last few months. Its heartbreaking to know those that loved her had to be a part of that. She is of course at peace and that is some solace but my thoughts are very much with those closest to her. I already have missed her as she has been absent form FB whilst she battled this bloody thing but I am just so grateful for knowing her and will never ever hear the mention of a Teacake without thinking of her. Pimlico that was such a classy post and I am grateful to you also for that insight. I wish you well in coping with everything and supporting Harry and Steve. Harry seems a cracking lad and you should be very proud of him. A sad week indeed.
These 6 users liked this post: Pimlico_Claret Midmoorclaret Yanquiclaret dibraidio Gerry Hattrick Brandon

Midmoorclaret
Been Liked: 200 times
Has Liked: 703 times

Post by Midmoorclaret » Wed Sep 27, 2017 2:56 pm

Some very touching tributes for a lady who will be sadly missed, especially by those who knew her personally to whom I offer my sincere condolences.

May you rest in peace Jo.

FCBurnley
Been Liked: 2000 times
Has Liked: 1145 times

Post by FCBurnley » Wed Sep 27, 2017 3:07 pm

Sounds like a wonderful and brave Lady. Rest in Peace Jo

whentheballmoves
Been Liked: 133 times
Has Liked: 114 times

Post by whentheballmoves » Wed Sep 27, 2017 4:04 pm

Knew Jo from back in the day on the email forum group...a lovely lady there AND when I met her numerous times at matches.

Hadn't seen her in a while, and was truly gutted when I heard the news a day or two ago. One of the good ones - again - goes too soon.

Best wishes to all her family. RIP, Jo. You will be missed. :cry:

Paul Waine
Been Liked: 2350 times
Has Liked: 3181 times

Post by Paul Waine » Wed Sep 27, 2017 4:13 pm

My condolences to Jo's family.

Some well written tributes.

Rest in peace, Jo.

ashtonlongsider
Been Liked: 494 times
Has Liked: 162 times

Post by ashtonlongsider » Wed Sep 27, 2017 4:26 pm

Such a moving and heartfelt message and tribute CT and Pimlico. Hearing news like this leaves one numb and words are difficult to find. I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers. RIP Jo.

Gerry Hattrick
Been Liked: 151 times
Has Liked: 305 times

Post by Gerry Hattrick » Wed Sep 27, 2017 6:03 pm

Touching posts by Tony and Pimlico-Claret and some lovely deserved tributes to a great fun loving and truly dedicated Claret.

I first met Jo over twenty years ago when we were both members of the original Clarets email group and we have got together for a half time chat at every home game we’ve both been present at ever since. Never once have I seen her without a smile on her face, even at the last game she went on when she was quite poorly.

First recollection I have of Harry is a very little lad who like all toddlers, didn’t really want to be there. I gave him a humbug and from then on that became a ‘ritual’ which still goes on. We always have a little smile together as my hand goes into my pocket at half time and the goody is duly handed over.
Harry has grown into a fine young man who I know Jo was very proud of and I know he is just as proud of his mum.

As Pimlico says, Steve is a sound and pleasant guy who although an ’Ender’, regularly came on’t Turf with Jo when Preston were away. Never has a bad word to say about the Clarets and I sometimes think he’s a closet fan. He rang me yesterday and as can be expected he is truly devastated and quite obviously loved Jo very much. As Pimlico said, he has been at Jo’s side through her illness and spent all night, every night with her during her care in the hospice.

Not much more I can add to what everyone on here has said apart from I feel privileged to have known her and enjoyed her company, albeit for only a quarter of an hour at a time over so many years and hundreds of matches, - and the fun we all had in the e-group. I’ll never forget some of the classic banter on there and how Jo would fall for some of the mickey taking.
A wonderful lass indeed.

Syd.

These 4 users liked this post: claret wizard Brandon Woody9229 Pimlico_Claret

DAVETHEVICAR
Been Liked: 834 times
Has Liked: 1635 times

Post by DAVETHEVICAR » Wed Sep 27, 2017 6:54 pm

I did not know Jo but having read the wonderful and moving tributes from Claret Tony and Pimlico-Claret it is clear that she was a warm and lovely lady.
My condolences to Steve and Harry and family and friends

3putt
Been Liked: 180 times
Has Liked: 245 times

Post by 3putt » Wed Sep 27, 2017 7:03 pm

Very sad. Gone far too young, but clearly a very much loved lady.

Tribesmen
Been Liked: 1181 times
Has Liked: 637 times

Post by Tribesmen » Wed Sep 27, 2017 7:27 pm

Jezzzzzzzzzzzzzz it will become a better world when someone finally gets rid of Cancer .
This user liked this post: Pimlico_Claret

piston broke
Been Liked: 1448 times
Has Liked: 1229 times

Post by piston broke » Wed Sep 27, 2017 7:29 pm

Deepest condolences to family and friends of what must have been a lovely lady. RIP Jo.

claret wizard
Been Liked: 264 times
Has Liked: 90 times

Post by claret wizard » Wed Sep 27, 2017 9:11 pm

I heard the news on Monday and still haven't come to terms with that Jo won't be messaging me or bumping into me at games anymore. I founded the email group so many have mentioned and as I got busier at work back in the mid 90's Jo, along with many on this thread kept it going and saw it grow and grow. I was at that Sparrowhawk meeting, though I'd met Jo before that. Just every stage over the last few months has been terrible but Jo was strong and her love of her garden, holidays, Christmas and her family kept her positive. She even jumped above me in her fantasy footy league last weekend! When you put up your Christmas decorations this year think of Jo, she loved Christmas so much. However, the world is a little less bright this week.
These 3 users liked this post: Brandon Woody9229 Pimlico_Claret

jdrobbo
Been Liked: 4842 times
Has Liked: 947 times

Post by jdrobbo » Wed Sep 27, 2017 9:30 pm

Fantastic tribute Tony, to a clearly lovely person. I didn't know she liked Erasure, but my she had good taste. I've currently got the latest album, Wirld Be Gone, playing in the car! So sorry to hear of this sad news.

J

beeholeclaret
Been Liked: 299 times
Has Liked: 441 times

Post by beeholeclaret » Wed Sep 27, 2017 9:42 pm

I didn't know this lady but she obviously created a good impression on all those that knew her. Just reading the very moving tributes to her and viewing the photo has left me with tears in my eyes. Much love to her family and friends. RIP Jo.

Pimlico_Claret

Post by Pimlico_Claret » Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:35 pm

Gerry Hattrick wrote:Touching posts by Tony and Pimlico-Claret and some lovely deserved tributes to a great fun loving and truly dedicated Claret.

I first met Jo over twenty years ago when we were both members of the original Clarets email group and we have got together for a half time chat at every home game we’ve both been present at ever since. Never once have I seen her without a smile on her face, even at the last game she went on when she was quite poorly.

First recollection I have of Harry is a very little lad who like all toddlers, didn’t really want to be there. I gave him a humbug and from then on that became a ‘ritual’ which still goes on. We always have a little smile together as my hand goes into my pocket at half time and the goody is duly handed over.
Harry has grown into a fine young man who I know Jo was very proud of and I know he is just as proud of his mum.

As Pimlico says, Steve is a sound and pleasant guy who although an ’Ender’, regularly came on’t Turf with Jo when Preston were away. Never has a bad word to say about the Clarets and I sometimes think he’s a closet fan. He rang me yesterday and as can be expected he is truly devastated and quite obviously loved Jo very much. As Pimlico said, he has been at Jo’s side through her illness and spent all night, every night with her during her care in the hospice.

Not much more I can add to what everyone on here has said apart from I feel privileged to have known her and enjoyed her company, albeit for only a quarter of an hour at a time over so many years and hundreds of matches, - and the fun we all had in the e-group. I’ll never forget some of the classic banter on there and how Jo would fall for some of the mickey taking.
A wonderful lass indeed.

Syd.

Very kind words, thank you, believe me, these posts are really helping Steve, Harry and myself, and Jo's wider family and friends come to terms with the loss of a very special person

Spike
Been Liked: 597 times
Has Liked: 1237 times

Post by Spike » Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:51 pm

God Bless- RestIn Peace Jo

Cubanclaret
Been Liked: 286 times
Has Liked: 139 times

Post by Cubanclaret » Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:19 am

Sorry to read this sad post.
Thoughts with fellow Clarets, sounds like a lovely lady.
RIP jo.

Ambrose
Been Liked: 272 times
Has Liked: 109 times

Post by Ambrose » Thu Sep 28, 2017 7:12 pm

So many nice comments for a lovely lady.

I'm still speechless.

RIP my friend.
These 2 users liked this post: Brandon Woody9229

ClaretTony

Post by ClaretTony » Fri Sep 29, 2017 12:40 pm

For those wishing to attend, Jo’s funeral is next Friday, 6th October, at 2 pm. at Whalley Parish Church.

Pimlico_Claret

Post by Pimlico_Claret » Fri Sep 29, 2017 4:04 pm

Thanks CT,also to add that there will be a celebration of Jo's life at Mytton Fold Hotel and Golf Club following the Church service.

Pimlico_Claret

Post by Pimlico_Claret » Sat Sep 30, 2017 8:20 am

Please could you note that the timing for the Church service has been changed to 1.30.

martin_p
Been Liked: 3767 times
Has Liked: 696 times

Post by martin_p » Sat Sep 30, 2017 8:35 am

I didn’t know her but immediately recognised her name as being from the email group. Given how long ago that is now she clearly made an impact.

RIP Jo.

Pimlico_Claret

Post by Pimlico_Claret » Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:12 pm

Just wanted to remind anyone wanting to attend Jo's funeral service tomorrow, Friday 6th October, Whalley Parish Church , it will begin at 1.30. Also to say that parking near the church is difficult so allow a bit of time to find somewhere nearby. Thanks.

Woody9229

Post by Woody9229 » Fri Oct 06, 2017 8:43 am

Goodbye Jo x
Too soon. So So sad. The toughest of days for all those attending the funeral. Thoughts with you all but especially Steve, Harry and her family. Jo will never be forgotten and I will think of her whenever her beloved Clarets do well and whenever the What is a tea cake discussion takes place! A privelege to have known you. Love Woody x
This user liked this post: Pimlico_Claret

HiroshimaClaret
Been Liked: 746 times
Has Liked: 927 times

Post by HiroshimaClaret » Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:28 am

My condolences to all who have a big gap in their lives at this sad passing. Jo`s face does look incredibly familiar (maybe the eyes and smile) from my time watching the Clarets.

Apologies if this is inappropriate (and I wish I could articulate better) but hopefully Jo`s son, Harry, in time, can see the date coincidence as a positive thing. It will hurt, I know, and bring pain in the short-term, but hopefully it can be a reminder to him that on the date of his birth, the utmost joy and happiness was in his mother`s heart and her life was enriched forever. Their unique connection is not only in this mortal coil but beyond.

Who knows what goes on in the last few days of our lives, but maybe Jo was aware of the date and passed away with that moment when her son was born, at the forefront of her thoughts, deep in her heart and washing over her being, until her last breath.

ClaretTony

Post by ClaretTony » Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:39 am

Woody9229 wrote:Goodbye Jo x
Too soon. So So sad. The toughest of days for all those attending the funeral. Thoughts with you all but especially Steve, Harry and her family. Jo will never be forgotten and I will think of her whenever her beloved Clarets do well and whenever the What is a tea cake discussion takes place! A privelege to have known you. Love Woody x
It's going to be difficult today. It was a privilege to know Jo and, as much as I wish this was something I wasn't doing today, it is also a privilege to be able to say my goodbyes. I still can't take it in to be honest. Jo was a massive help to me with something a few years ago but she was already a very good friend by then and I'll certainly never, ever forget her.

Please have Steve, Harry and Jo's family in your thoughts today.

Woody9229

Post by Woody9229 » Fri Oct 06, 2017 11:46 am

HiroshimaClaret wrote:My condolences to all who have a big gap in their lives at this sad passing. Jo`s face does look incredibly familiar (maybe the eyes and smile) from my time watching the Clarets.

Apologies if this is inappropriate (and I wish I could articulate better) but hopefully Jo`s son, Harry, in time, can see the date coincidence as a positive thing. It will hurt, I know, and bring pain in the short-term, but hopefully it can be a reminder to him that on the date of his birth, the utmost joy and happiness was in his mother`s heart and her life was enriched forever. Their unique connection is not only in this mortal coil but beyond.

Who knows what goes on in the last few days of our lives, but maybe Jo was aware of the date and passed away with that moment when her son was born, at the forefront of her thoughts, deep in her heart and washing over her being, until her last breath.
I think you might have a point Hiroshima. Initially I was even more upset about the fact that Jo passed on her beloved sons Birthday but if he is anything like Jo it may well prove to be a source of inspiration and a reminder that on a special day he can remember how lucky he was to have Jo as his Mum and how much she loved him. Not the same I know but my best mate passed on New Years Eve after a horrible struggle with cancer but it doesnt spoil my New Year, it enhances it. I'm a bloke and terrible at anniversaries and dates important to those I care about but Mikes death is not one of those dates.