ARTICLE: Ross County are the latest club daft enough

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Buxtonclaret
Been Liked: 3778 times
Has Liked: 7578 times

Re: ARTICLE: Ross County are the latest club daft enough

Post by Buxtonclaret » Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:22 pm

Blackrod wrote:Coyles 'values and ethics are very much in line with where the club is' according to Ross County's chairman. Chairman normally have good things to say about their own club.
To be fair to the Ross County chairman though, we don't know what line Coyle has spun him on values and ethics.
He once fooled me, and a few thousand other Clarets with a load of crap about loyalty.
Last edited by Buxtonclaret on Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
These 4 users liked this post: boatshed bill RammyClaret61 PaintYorkClaretnBlue RalphCoatesComb

FulledgeClaret
Been Liked: 132 times
Has Liked: 84 times

Post by FulledgeClaret » Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:25 pm

Coyle did nothing more than instil belief back into in a group of decent players who had had the life sucked out of them just as we had by Cotterball. There is no doubt that the club would be in a far lower position without that 1st promotion but to give Coyle the full credit for it is wrong he didn't assemble that team(how many Coyle signings played in the 09 P/O final 2 or 3). There is nothing to say another manager would not have come in and had the same effect on a group of players who were stuck in a rut playing some of the most negative football I have ever had the displeasure of watching. The only thing Coyle did was get lucky and be in the right place at the right time inheriting a team who just needed to be let off the leash so to speak, as has been shown with his record since leaving he is not a good manager.
These 2 users liked this post: Quicknick ClaretnGreen

happyclaret17
Been Liked: 446 times
Has Liked: 14 times

Post by happyclaret17 » Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:46 pm

When we beat sheff utd at wembley it was perhaps my finest day as a claret.....when Coyle left for Bolton we were above them in the league....yes he has turned out to be a one trick pony but I dont really get the hatred levelled at him from our fans.
Managers get sacked at the drop of a hat....if he felt the bolton job was better for him then so be it.
This user liked this post: evensteadiereddie

boatshed bill
Been Liked: 3169 times
Has Liked: 6775 times

Post by boatshed bill » Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:51 pm

happyclaret17 wrote:When we beat sheff utd at wembley it was perhaps my finest day as a claret.....when Coyle left for Bolton we were above them in the league....yes he has turned out to be a one trick pony but I dont really get the hatred levelled at him from our fans.
Managers get sacked at the drop of a hat....if he felt the bolton job was better for him then so be it.
I think there is an opinion that he recruited loanees for Bolton while we were paying him, I don't know if it's true, but there are 2 or 3 names with whom we were linked who ended up with Coyle at Bolton...

Bordeauxclaret
Been Liked: 3342 times
Has Liked: 1964 times

Post by Bordeauxclaret » Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:54 pm

boatshed bill wrote:I think there is an opinion that he recruited loanees for Bolton while we were paying him, I don't know if it's true, but there are 2 or 3 names with whom we were linked who ended up with Coyle at Bolton...
There are also some weapons who believe he deliberately tried to avoid winning against them at Christmas as well.

boatshed bill

Post by boatshed bill » Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:58 pm

Bordeauxclaret wrote:There are also some weapons who believe he deliberately tried to avoid winning against them at Christmas as well.
By that time we could have lost to anyone.

Bordeauxclaret

Post by Bordeauxclaret » Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:04 pm

Possibly. We put in the best performance of the season ten days earlier and battered Bolton in the second half.

Jimbob
Been Liked: 44 times
Has Liked: 154 times

Post by Jimbob » Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:11 pm

Coyle if your reading this go to hell you liar and hope you do what you usually do get teams relegated you will never be a big time Charlie in English league again next stop Elgin city

Bin Ont Turf
Been Liked: 5188 times
Has Liked: 804 times
Location: On top of a pink elephant riding to the Democratic Republic of Congo

Post by Bin Ont Turf » Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:14 pm

Yes but what kind of man would he be if he sold a club to a young player when signing him, offering him a chance to progress into a Premier League quality footballer, if he jumped ship as soon as a better offer came along?

I've got an answer.

Jimbob
Been Liked: 44 times
Has Liked: 154 times

Post by Jimbob » Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:16 pm

I have the answer..... ****** !!!!

boatshed bill

Post by boatshed bill » Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:16 pm

Bin Ont Turf wrote:Yes but what kind of man would he be if he sold a club to a young player when signing him, offering him a chance to progress into a Premier League quality footballer, if he jumped ship as soon as a better offer came along?

I've got an answer.
A better one?

Bin Ont Turf

Post by Bin Ont Turf » Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:18 pm

boatshed bill wrote:A better one?
It's what he said about 4 days before going to Bolton.

Bordeauxclaret

Post by Bordeauxclaret » Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:19 pm

Jimbob wrote:Coyle if your reading this go to hell you liar and hope you do what you usually do get teams relegated you will never be a big time Charlie in English league again next stop Elgin city
He actually posts on here.
This user liked this post: tim_noone

boatshed bill

Post by boatshed bill » Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:23 pm

Bin Ont Turf wrote:It's what he said about 4 days before going to Bolton.
I'd like to think that Sean Dyche would recommend Burnley to an incoming (young) player, even if he intended to leave very soon.

Bin Ont Turf

Post by Bin Ont Turf » Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:26 pm

You've lost me now Boatshed.

Devils_Advocate
Been Liked: 5214 times
Has Liked: 922 times

Post by Devils_Advocate » Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:31 pm

Jimbob wrote:Coyle if your reading this go to hell you liar and hope you do what you usually do get teams relegated you will never be a big time Charlie in English league again next stop Elgin city
I remember when you loved me you six fingered sucker

boatshed bill

Post by boatshed bill » Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:35 pm

Bin Ont Turf wrote:You've lost me now Boatshed.
Sorry, B.O.T.

What I'm trying to say is that I believe Sean Dyche would have integrity, so if he was negotiating to bring players in (even knowing he was going to take up a new job elsewhere) he would be proud of his Burnley FC, and would do the job he was being paid to do and sell a future career at Burnley to any would be incomers.

Actually, is that any clearer? :D

Bin Ont Turf

Post by Bin Ont Turf » Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:48 pm

I understand Boatshed, but what I don't understand is how you've got on to talking about Dyche bringing in players knowing he was going to leave.

My first post wasn't about Coyle bringing in players, or not, knowing he was leaving. It's about how much of a bullshitter he is and the lengths he went to to bullshit us, and we believed him. Here's the full quote.........
As soon as a player mentions money my interest in them has gone. What kind of man would I be if I sold this club to a young player when signing him, offering him the chance to progress into a Premier League-quality footballer, if I jumped ship as soon as a better offer came along?

boatshed bill

Post by boatshed bill » Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:56 pm

Bin Ont Turf wrote:I understand Boatshed, but what I don't understand is how you've got on to talking about Dyche bringing in players knowing he was going to leave.

My first post wasn't about Coyle bringing in players, or not, knowing he was leaving. It's about how much of a bullshitter he is and the lengths he went to to bullshit us, and we believed him. Here's the full quote.........
Yep, sorry about that. I was trying to hypothesize, assuming that SD occupies much higher moral ground.

Bin Ont Turf

Post by Bin Ont Turf » Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:58 pm

That's alright then Boatshed Bill. :D

Devils_Advocate

Post by Devils_Advocate » Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:02 pm

No need to fall out over me ladies

boatshed bill

Post by boatshed bill » Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:11 pm

Judas_Coyle wrote:No need to fall out over me ladies
;)

KRBFC
Been Liked: 3811 times
Has Liked: 1072 times

Post by KRBFC » Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:17 pm

boatshed bill wrote:Sorry, B.O.T.

What I'm trying to say is that I believe Sean Dyche would have integrity, so if he was negotiating to bring players in (even knowing he was going to take up a new job elsewhere) he would be proud of his Burnley FC, and would do the job he was being paid to do and sell a future career at Burnley to any would be incomers.

Actually, is that any clearer? :D
You really think Coyle was in the wrong for not strengthening us days before leaving? Why would he strengthen a relegation rival and make his new side an awful lot weaker. He'd be giving himself less chance of success, I don't think any football manager is stupid enough to shoot themselves in the foot in that manner.

Saxoman
Been Liked: 577 times
Has Liked: 147 times

Post by Saxoman » Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:19 pm

Coyles main problem is he hasn't a clue to organise a team defensively. Attacking wise, he does well. Sam Gallagher was excellent under him last season, but has yet to score for Birmingham this season.

boatshed bill

Post by boatshed bill » Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:24 pm

KRBFC wrote:You really think Coyle was in the wrong for not strengthening us days before leaving? Why would he strengthen a relegation rival and make his new side an awful lot weaker. He'd be giving himself less chance of success, I don't think any football manager is stupid enough to shoot themselves in the foot in that manner.
No, he did exactly what I would have expected him to do.

Devils_Advocate

Post by Devils_Advocate » Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:30 pm

PaintYorkClaretnBlue
Been Liked: 662 times
Has Liked: 1220 times

Post by PaintYorkClaretnBlue » Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:48 pm

happyclaret17 wrote:When we beat sheff utd at wembley it was perhaps my finest day as a claret.....when Coyle left for Bolton we were above them in the league....yes he has turned out to be a one trick pony but I dont really get the hatred levelled at him from our fans.
If he had left with good grace I could have forgiven him happy. The fact it that he preached the moral high ground whilst having the morals of a sewer rat. If Dyche left now I’m confident that it would be done the right way, he seems to have more integrity in his little finger than that pr1ck.
When Dyche leaves us I wish him all the success in the world, providing he leaves the way I think that he will!

Saxoman
Been Liked: 577 times
Has Liked: 147 times

Post by Saxoman » Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:57 pm

If and when dyche leaves, its highly likely he'll want to take his backroom team.

ClaretTony
Been Liked: 32572 times
Has Liked: 5285 times

Post by ClaretTony » Thu Sep 28, 2017 11:01 pm

Croydon Claret wrote:You can't sweep a 60 odd million income under the carpet and say it had no bearing on the following years.

We'd have been a damn site worse off without it in those subsequent years

There's a new book from Tim Quelch coming out on the Clarets. The foreword is from the chairman and he writes: "Owen Coyle took us to the Premier League in 2009. However, had we failed to win promotion that year, we would probably have had to sell many of the players that had helped take us there.

"While we stayed there for one season only in the top flight and then stuttered when back in the Championship, the turning point in the club's fortunes came with the appointment of Sean Dyche as manager in November 2012."

And as I posted further up the thread, Dyche has said on numerous occasions that the cupboard was bare when he got here. The money had gone so nothing that happened in those Coyle years has had an effect on what's happening now.

boatshed bill

Post by boatshed bill » Thu Sep 28, 2017 11:02 pm

Saxoman wrote:If and when dyche leaves, its highly likely he'll want to take his backroom team.
That's a given these days. And, in any case, the incoming manager will want his own people there.
But I doubt that Sean Dyche would get Ian Woan to lie on his behalf, knowing that he would be off.

"Oh, Sean's just got the plane to Chesterfield (wherever) to visit his mum...blah blah blah"

ClaretTony

Post by ClaretTony » Thu Sep 28, 2017 11:05 pm

Lancasterclaret wrote:Jeez Guich, even Claret Tony acknowledges the role Coyle had in that season.

Its more than churlish to think otherwise if we are being honest.
Absolutely, and you have to be something of a fool not to acknowledge that he played his role. He might not have been a tactician, and we all know now about his training methods or lack of them, but he was clearly an outstanding motivator and that's clearly what we needed at the time. What's happened since, of course, is the fact that he's been found out which has meant, as someone further up the thread posted, he's been one of the most unsuccessful managers in English football for the last few years.

Devils_Advocate

Post by Devils_Advocate » Thu Sep 28, 2017 11:07 pm

ClaretTony wrote: And as I posted further up the thread, Dyche has said on numerous occasions that the cupboard was bare when he got here. The money had gone so nothing that happened in those Coyle years has had an effect on what's happening now.
Trippier, Shackell, Mee, Wallace, Marney, Stanilas, Ings, Austin & Vokes is hardly a bare cupboard but you carry on peddling your nonsense to keep us all entertained
These 2 users liked this post: tim_noone UpTheBeehole

KRBFC
Been Liked: 3811 times
Has Liked: 1072 times

Post by KRBFC » Thu Sep 28, 2017 11:12 pm

ClaretTony wrote:There's a new book from Tim Quelch coming out on the Clarets. The foreword is from the chairman and he writes: "Owen Coyle took us to the Premier League in 2009. However, had we failed to win promotion that year, we would probably have had to sell many of the players that had helped take us there.

"While we stayed there for one season only in the top flight and then stuttered when back in the Championship, the turning point in the club's fortunes came with the appointment of Sean Dyche as manager in November 2012."

And as I posted further up the thread, Dyche has said on numerous occasions that the cupboard was bare when he got here. The money had gone so nothing that happened in those Coyle years has had an effect on what's happening now.
Dyche had quality players like Ings, Austin, Trippier, Shackell at his disposal, to suggest they would have been here without the Coyle promotion is delusional.

tim_noone
Been Liked: 4384 times
Has Liked: 15117 times

Post by tim_noone » Thu Sep 28, 2017 11:15 pm

Devils_Advocate wrote:Trippier, Shackell, Mee, Wallace, Marney, Stanilas, Ings, Austin & Vokes is hardly a bare cupboard but you carry on peddling your nonsense to keep us all entertained
I didn't know that..or maybe forgot.

ClaretTony

Post by ClaretTony » Thu Sep 28, 2017 11:15 pm

KRBFC wrote:Dyche had quality players like Ings, Austin, Trippier, Shackell at his disposal, to suggest they would have been here without the Coyle promotion is delusional.
To you maybe, but not the chairman.

ClaretTony

Post by ClaretTony » Thu Sep 28, 2017 11:17 pm

Devils_Advocate wrote:Trippier, Shackell, Mee, Wallace, Marney, Stanilas, Ings, Austin & Vokes is hardly a bare cupboard but you carry on peddling your nonsense to keep us all entertained
I peddle nonsense do I? I suppose it's better than stalking and dismissing my posts as frequently as you do. The cupboard was bare in terms of the fact that we had no money. That's pretty obvious to most, if not you.

Lancasterclaret
Been Liked: 8058 times
Has Liked: 4714 times

Post by Lancasterclaret » Thu Sep 28, 2017 11:20 pm

But that isn't Coyles fault Tony.

Its the boards, its Eddie Howes, its Brian Laws etc etc etc etc

One thing it cannot be is the person who was responsible for us getting the windfall in the first place.

aggi
Been Liked: 2124 times

Post by aggi » Thu Sep 28, 2017 11:23 pm

ClaretTony wrote:I peddle nonsense do I? I suppose it's better than stalking and dismissing my posts as frequently as you do. The cupboard was bare in terms of the fact that we had no money. That's pretty obvious to most, if not you.
But Dyche had the benefit of much better players (and a far lower debt) than would have been the case if we had not been promoted. That's undeniable.

ClaretTony

Post by ClaretTony » Thu Sep 28, 2017 11:23 pm

Lancasterclaret wrote:But that isn't Coyles fault Tony.

Its the boards, its Eddie Howes, its Brian Laws etc etc etc etc

One thing it cannot be is the person who was responsible for us getting the windfall in the first place.
Coyle took us to the Premier League and got us our first windfall, no one will deny that. But his lies and deceit were appalling when he left. But when he left, for me, the next two managerial appointments weren't what we needed. And so yes, Laws, Howe and the board are all partly to blame.
This user liked this post: Lancasterclaret

tim_noone
Been Liked: 4384 times
Has Liked: 15117 times

Post by tim_noone » Thu Sep 28, 2017 11:27 pm

Partly to blame for what?

Devils_Advocate

Post by Devils_Advocate » Thu Sep 28, 2017 11:28 pm

ClaretTony wrote:I peddle nonsense do I? I suppose it's better than stalking and dismissing my posts as frequently as you do. The cupboard was bare in terms of the fact that we had no money. That's pretty obvious to most, if not you.
If you keep posting nonsense i'll keep dismissing them and you can continue to delete my posts when your nonsense is exposed by actual facts as it normally is.

boatshed bill

Post by boatshed bill » Thu Sep 28, 2017 11:28 pm

ClaretTony wrote:Coyle took us to the Premier League and got us our first windfall, no one will deny that. But his lies and deceit were appalling when he left. But when he left, for me, the next two managerial appointments weren't what we needed. And so yes, Laws, Howe and the board are all partly to blame.
Didn't we enter the PL under some sort of embargo, CT?

ClaretTony

Post by ClaretTony » Thu Sep 28, 2017 11:29 pm

boatshed bill wrote:Didn't we enter the PL under some sort of embargo, CT?
We won promotion under a transfer embargo due to us not being able to make payments for Paterson & Eagles.

tiger76
Been Liked: 4644 times
Has Liked: 9849 times

Post by tiger76 » Thu Sep 28, 2017 11:30 pm

So how come we were flirting with the relegation zone under Howe then, and shipping goals by the bucket load,needed an organiser not an entertainer. Dyche took time to get his feet under the table,shows patience can bring rewards.
This user liked this post: Hapag Lloyd

ClaretTony

Post by ClaretTony » Thu Sep 28, 2017 11:31 pm

Devils_Advocate wrote:If you keep posting nonsense i'll keep dismissing them and you can continue to delete my posts when your nonsense is exposed by actual facts as it normally is.
And I've noticed you've been posting with two different usernames - it's OK, they are all under your name now and your other username has been removed.

boatshed bill

Post by boatshed bill » Thu Sep 28, 2017 11:34 pm

ClaretTony wrote:We won promotion under a transfer embargo due to us not being able to make payments for Paterson & Eagles.
Thanks, I knew there had been a problem, just wasn't sure of the detail.

IanMcL
Been Liked: 6395 times
Has Liked: 8754 times

Post by IanMcL » Fri Sep 29, 2017 12:37 am

Cottrell signed most of the players. Coyle got them and us to believe.

Fantastic time and ruined at the peak.

Now we have joy and stability. Thank Mr Coyle and a huge thank you to Mr Dyche.

Belgianclaret
Been Liked: 956 times
Has Liked: 170 times

Post by Belgianclaret » Fri Sep 29, 2017 8:22 am

1. I've never forgiven him for buying such wonderful players like Fernando Guerrero, Van Der Schaaf, Eckersley,... and then refusing to play these obvious great talents... :o :?
On the other hand, he did get some of them right such as Fletcher, Cole, Alexander,...
2. I've never forgiven him for the utter BS and have refused to visit my aunt in Scotland since he deserted us for Noblot. His conduct in their subsequent home game against us was sad to say the least
Then again, I've never forgotten the great promotion and the Wembley final, the great cup run, the first victory against Man Utd,..

One thing I am sure of though: we were already in a serious downward spiral when he deserted us, and would have ended up in the Championship anyway that season in case he had stayed.

He made his own bed and should lay (or should I say 'lie') on it.
Our luck is that in the end we did manage to give our current manager a shot at the job

RammyClaret61
Been Liked: 1132 times
Has Liked: 302 times

Post by RammyClaret61 » Fri Sep 29, 2017 8:43 am

Belgian, you forget the talents of Brian Easton & Deigo Penny!

Hapag Lloyd
Been Liked: 287 times
Has Liked: 427 times

Post by Hapag Lloyd » Fri Sep 29, 2017 9:18 am

ClaretTony wrote:And I've noticed you've been posting with two different usernames - it's OK, they are all under your name now and your other username has been removed.
Could that be the last we've seen of KRBFC ?