Daniel Agyei - Report

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
standishclarets
Been Liked: 26 times

Daniel Agyei - Report

Post by standishclarets » Sun Oct 01, 2017 6:00 pm

I took the chance yesterday to watch Wigan at home to Walsall, courtesy of one of our neighbours, who is a season ticket holder down at the DW stadium. I thought it would give me a chance to see how Daniel Agyei was progressing. Disappointingly, he was on the bench but came on as sub after 57 mins.

What he had to do, he did well. He was strong and direct. It was difficult to make a definite judgement as he didn't see much of the ball such was Walsall's 'lack of vision' (I'm being kind here!!). He had one good tricky run but unfortunately his shot went just wide.

Wigan won 2-0 and go second, in what has been reported as a 'rather scrappy encounter'! Their second goal was from the penalty spot. It should have been a corner instead - the Walsall defender clearly slid the ball out and the Wigan forward fell over his leg. And you think some of the premier league officials are poor!!

Now I know some on here grumble and moan about our style of play etc. I have seen a couple of games this season at the DW and trust me, watching 3rd tier football makes you fully appreciate how far we have come. Please God don't let us slip down to this level again!!
This user liked this post: Vegas Claret

Winstonswhite
Been Liked: 611 times
Has Liked: 311 times

Re: Daniel Agyei - Report

Post by Winstonswhite » Sat Oct 07, 2017 8:49 pm

Apologies if mentioned elsewhere but scored a very good goal for Walsall today