Home form

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
cricketfieldclarets
Been Liked: 8585 times
Has Liked: 11285 times

Home form

Post by cricketfieldclarets » Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:06 pm

Post Lincoln. Discuss... :shock:

RVclaret
Been Liked: 3707 times
Has Liked: 2499 times

Re: Home form

Post by RVclaret » Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:07 pm

I think a better topic of conversation would be to discuss the current Premier League table and where we sit.
These 3 users liked this post: Quicknick bfcjg Rumpelstiltskin

FactualFrank
Been Liked: 6930 times
Has Liked: 11660 times

Post by FactualFrank » Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:11 pm

Our away form is impressive.

MACCA
Been Liked: 4360 times

Post by MACCA » Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:16 pm

Watching Burnley at home is like watching your daughter lose her virginity, so, so painful.

We look clueless, slow and scared of taking on the game.

Our recent away form as resulted in Mr Dyche going back to the not get beat mentality.

The last 4 home games have been just as boring as those infamous Tuesday night's all them years ago.

The table makes good reading yes, but don't go to home games anytime soon if you want entertainment.
The will to win and "minimum requirement, maximum effort" Dyche talks about has been none existent of late.

Iloveyoubrady
Been Liked: 300 times
Has Liked: 28 times

Post by Iloveyoubrady » Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:16 pm

Thought we definitely deserved to win today and played very well. If we keep performing like this we will win quite a few games.
This user liked this post: bfcjg

Belgianclaret
Been Liked: 953 times
Has Liked: 167 times

Post by Belgianclaret » Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:20 pm

Deserved three points today, would have taken one before the start against a sort of bogey team for us.
Just keep on adding the points and maintaining the unbeaten record 8-)
This user liked this post: bfcjg

Braindead
Been Liked: 987 times
Has Liked: 1056 times

Post by Braindead » Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:23 pm

Over 60% possession
20 shots
Had one stonewall penalty turned down
Hit the post
Showed great character to equalise late on
Sixth in the Premier League.

Great start to the season imo.
These 6 users liked this post: paulus the woodgnome bfcjg Siddo levraiclaret CoolClaret Juan Tanamera

ClaretFelix
Been Liked: 146 times
Has Liked: 124 times

Post by ClaretFelix » Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:24 pm

I thought we were terrible today. Slow, predictable and I hate to say anything bad about Dyche, but really tactically naive.
We switched to 442 far too early resulting in us reverting to last years tactic of lumping it long.
We were far more creative with the extra man in the middle, allowing us to switch play and create angles to exploit.

A point was fair i thought, we certainly didn't do enough to take advantage of the 10 men

taio
Been Liked: 3240 times
Has Liked: 346 times

Post by taio » Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:25 pm

We deserved to win. Dyche's tactics and substitutions were spot on.
This user liked this post: gawthorpe_view

piston broke
Been Liked: 1447 times
Has Liked: 1229 times

Post by piston broke » Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:27 pm

MACCA wrote:Watching Burnley at home is like watching your daughter lose her virginity, so, so painful.

Our recent away form as resulted in Mr Dyche going back to the not get beat mentality.

The last 4 home games have been just as boring as those infamous Tuesday night's all them years ago.

The table makes good reading yes, but don't go to home games anytime soon if you want entertainment.
The will to win and "minimum requirement, maximum effort" Dyche talks about has been none existent of late.
Two points. Watching your daughter lose her virginity isn't painful it's sick.
We might lack guile and craft but those players all put a shift in to get that equaliser and for once it was good to see SD being pro-active at HT.
These 6 users liked this post: boatshed bill bfcjg Siddo Rumpelstiltskin DAVETHEVICAR COYC73

Rileybobs
Been Liked: 6951 times
Has Liked: 1479 times

Post by Rileybobs » Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:28 pm

If you are critical of that performance and of Dyche’s substitutions and tactics then I’m firmly of the opinion that you are expecting far too much. I thought we were very impressive today and maintained a high tempo of fluid football for 95 minutes. Unlucky not to win.
This user liked this post: Siddo

MACCA

Post by MACCA » Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:28 pm

taio wrote:We deserved to win. Dyche's tactics and substitutions were spot on.

But when we do that away we deserve the point, if not 3.

We ran out of ideas, and the wrong option taken time and time again. Why we decided to shoot from 20 yards every 10 minutes baffled me.

Thought we were lucky to get a point in the end, we never once cut them open, and the best chance 2nd half fell to them. IMO of course.

Rileybobs

Post by Rileybobs » Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:30 pm

MACCA wrote:But when we do that away we deserve the point, if not 3.

We ran out of ideas, and the wrong option taken time and time again. Why we decided to shoot from 20 yards every 10 minutes baffled me.

Thought we were lucky to get a point in the end, we never once cut them open, and the best chance 2nd half fell to them. IMO of course.
You mean like that shot from 20 yards that had Hart beaten and hit the post?
This user liked this post: Juan Tanamera

taio

Post by taio » Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:30 pm

If you think we were lucky that's fine, but I suppose it's then also fine for me to think that's bullshite.

claretspice
Been Liked: 2829 times
Has Liked: 141 times

Post by claretspice » Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:32 pm

I think the way we're set up, the lack of pace and inability to commit defenders or penetrate in behind, we were probably always going to struggle a bit at home.

However the positive traits that this team posesses - patience in possession, a couple of very neat passers in midfield, etc. - mean that perhaps we're better set up away from home.

It's a bit frustrating on days like today, but overall it ain't had.
This user liked this post: Rumpelstiltskin

MACCA

Post by MACCA » Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:32 pm

Rileybobs wrote:You mean like that shot from 20 yards that had Hart beaten and hit the post?
Exact same result as Rooney and Coutinho achieved in weeks gone by..

You don't get goals for missing sitters or being close

ClaretAL
Been Liked: 1045 times
Has Liked: 819 times

Post by ClaretAL » Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:32 pm

Macca not sure what you watched to be honest? We played the off the park and definitely deserved the win. Today's game reminded me if the westbrom game, frustrating but definitely the better team and even more solidifies our right to be a English premier team.

MACCA

Post by MACCA » Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:33 pm

taio wrote:If you think we were lucky that's fine, but I suppose it's then also fine for me to think that's bullshite.
So which is it.

We deserved to win today, or deserved a point at Spurs/Anfield?

You can't have it both ways.

conyoviejo
Been Liked: 2491 times
Has Liked: 1477 times

Post by conyoviejo » Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:35 pm

Just remind me how many points we took off West Ham last season please? I think you will find a draw wasn't too bad a result considering they are a bit of a bogey side

taio

Post by taio » Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:36 pm

MACCA wrote:So which is it.

We deserved to win today, or deserved a point at Spurs/Anfield?

You can't have it both ways.
We probably deserved the win and certainly weren't lucky to get a draw today. My judgement is based on what I saw today so don't see the point in the comparison to Spurs and Liverpool.

pushpinpussy
Been Liked: 895 times
Has Liked: 134 times

Post by pushpinpussy » Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:40 pm

cricketfieldclarets wrote:Post Lincoln. Discuss... :shock:

Take it you didn't go on. Discuss

ArmchairDetective
Been Liked: 400 times
Has Liked: 371 times

Post by ArmchairDetective » Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:40 pm

I actually thought we played quite well today. Just missing that final ball at times but we look like a good side that won't be in trouble.

Vegas Claret
Been Liked: 11034 times
Has Liked: 5645 times

Post by Vegas Claret » Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:40 pm

I said at half time on the match thread that we were desperate for width and to get to the byline, only took 85 mins. Pleased we didn't lose but 3 points were there for the taking

Rileybobs

Post by Rileybobs » Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:42 pm

MACCA wrote:Exact same result as Rooney and Coutinho achieved in weeks gone by..

You don't get goals for missing sitters or being close
But you criticised us for shooting from 20 yards when the closest either team got to scoring, other than the 2 goals, was when JBG hit the post.

MACCA

Post by MACCA » Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:43 pm

taio wrote:We probably deserved the win and certainly weren't lucky to get a draw today. My judgement is based on what I saw today so don't see the point in the comparison to Spurs and Liverpool.
Because we often say a well faught out point as an away side against a mis firing home team is deserved.

Yet today we were that home side who looked clueless and took the wrong option over and over again, and West ham defended ( in my opinion with ease ) well, with 10 men for over an hour, yet deserved to get beat.

Balance is what's needed here. We were as lacklustre as Everton last week, however 1 fortunately dropped our way.
Last edited by MACCA on Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

boatshed bill
Been Liked: 3156 times
Has Liked: 6743 times

Post by boatshed bill » Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:46 pm

Vegas Claret wrote:I said at half time on the match thread that we were desperate for width and to get to the byline, only took 85 mins. Pleased we didn't lose but 3 points were there for the taking
Very few points are "there for the taking", points are hard-fought for at this level. We are doing very well.
I did think when we brought on Sam Vokes that Nahki Wells will be very useful in these situations, a little bit different.

MACCA

Post by MACCA » Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:46 pm

Rileybobs wrote:But you criticised us for shooting from 20 yards when the closest either team got to scoring, other than the 2 goals, was when JBG hit the post.
Nail on head.

Kind of proves the creativity/ideas we can up with.

If you thought that was entertaining then fair enough, however I've left the 4th sucessive home game thinking we were poor and at very best got what we deserved.

taio

Post by taio » Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:46 pm

MACCA wrote:Because we often say a well faught out point as an away side against a mis firing home team us deserved.

Yet today we were that home side who looked clueless and took the wrong option over and over again, and West ham defended ( in my opinion with ease ) well, with 10 men for over an hour, yet deserved to get beat.

Balance is what's needed here. We were as lack cluster as Everton last week, however 1 fortunately dropped our way.
If you wanted a balance view you'd say were deserved a draw rather then saying it was lucky.

Taffy on the wing
Been Liked: 1030 times
Has Liked: 3187 times

Post by Taffy on the wing » Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:48 pm

Watching Burnley at home is like watching your daughter lose her virginity, so, so painful.

moaning *******.....please shut up!

Flat Stanley
Been Liked: 60 times
Has Liked: 103 times

Post by Flat Stanley » Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:49 pm

Thought we were pretty poor really. No guile in the final third, no penetration. Playing against 10 men surely spread the play and you get wingers wide, double up with the full backs and try to get crosses in from behind them instead of the easy to defend balls into the box from 30 to 40 yards out. The one time we got a cross in from behind we scored. Everything was played down the middle in congested areas with wingers tucking in or long balls and crosses from a long way out. Need to vary it more and use the wingers wide more often instead of always coming inside. On the plus side we kept going well to get a point. Could not see us scoring before that. Created no real good chances other then the Wood header in the first half. Would like to see the penalty incident again as looked like one to me. Unbeaten in 6 so could be a lot worse, a frustrating day but we didn't lose and are still 6th. A great start to the season overall.
This user liked this post: ClaretAL

Top Claret
Been Liked: 1127 times
Has Liked: 1238 times

Post by Top Claret » Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:50 pm

Draw was a fair result. We created little to be fair

AlargeClaret
Been Liked: 1152 times
Has Liked: 182 times

Post by AlargeClaret » Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:56 pm

Thought we were ok today (even before the sendingboff) Though as is the case when down to ten against an average side ,WH battled hard and we just couldn't quite get those final balls in .

Disappointing not to take full advantage of the ten men but we didn't let up and s point will have to do.WH are no mugs either.

We are punching well above our weight and we do desperately lack flair and speed but it's a great start after some v v tough away games and I for one am a very happy chappy UTC

pushpinpussy
Been Liked: 895 times
Has Liked: 134 times

Post by pushpinpussy » Sat Oct 14, 2017 6:01 pm

Taffy on the wing wrote:Watching Burnley at home is like watching your daughter lose her virginity, so, so painful.

moaning *******.....please shut up!
I quite liked watching your daughter losing her virginity. And so did my Mate.
This user liked this post: CoolClaret

Commy
Been Liked: 464 times
Has Liked: 43 times

Post by Commy » Sat Oct 14, 2017 6:06 pm

Last season we won one, drew one and lost one in our first three games and lost to West Ham. Does that mean we are a point better off? We are playing well and will improve when we start learning how to break teams down. Teams struggle to break us down but some of our supporters expect us to find it easy when 'our' tactics are used against us.

ClaretAL
Been Liked: 1045 times
Has Liked: 819 times

Post by ClaretAL » Sat Oct 14, 2017 6:40 pm

Flat Stanley wrote:Thought we were pretty poor really. No guile in the final third, no penetration. Playing against 10 men surely spread the play and you get wingers wide, double up with the full backs and try to get crosses in from behind them instead of the easy to defend balls into the box from 30 to 40 yards out. The one time we got a cross in from behind we scored. Everything was played down the middle in congested areas with wingers tucking in or long balls and crosses from a long way out. Need to vary it more and use the wingers wide more often instead of always coming inside. On the plus side we kept going well to get a point. Could not see us scoring before that. Created no real good chances other then the Wood header in the first half. Would like to see the penalty incident again as looked like one to me. Unbeaten in 6 so could be a lot worse, a frustrating day but we didn't lose and are still 6th. A great start to the season overall.
Are you big Stan?

COYC73
Been Liked: 82 times
Has Liked: 130 times

Post by COYC73 » Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:21 pm

MACCA wrote:Watching Burnley at home is like watching your daughter lose her virginity, so, so painful.

To be honest.....that comment just makes you sound like a Paedophile :?
How anybody can think it....never mind write it on a message board makes them very messed up in the head.....

claretlegend
Been Liked: 108 times
Has Liked: 36 times

Post by claretlegend » Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:38 pm

If the fans would make some bloody noise and make Turf Moor intimidating again, we might turn these draws into wins!

Saxoman
Been Liked: 575 times
Has Liked: 147 times

Post by Saxoman » Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:39 pm

claretlegend wrote:If the fans would make some bloody noise and make Turf Moor intimidating again, we might turn these draws into wins!
Real fans infiltrated by premier league fans does that to you.

KRBFC
Been Liked: 3800 times
Has Liked: 1071 times

Post by KRBFC » Sun Oct 15, 2017 2:41 am

The football is absolute pants at the best of time. I have honestly never seen a football team so useless at playing with a football. Out of possession we are good but it doesn't provide great entertainment being great at defending and awful at attacking.

It doesn't help when our recruitment is so poor, we play 451 and end up with 4 target men strikers, no pace and no player capable of playing in a role behind the striker. Why do we need 5 strikers to fill 1 spot? why are 4 of them so similar? Our plan B is to throw 3 targetmen on the pitch and hoof it, is that it?

Rileybobs

Post by Rileybobs » Sun Oct 15, 2017 3:04 am

KRBFC wrote:The football is absolute pants at the best of time. I have honestly never seen a football team so useless at playing with a football. Out of possession we are good but it doesn't provide great entertainment being great at defending and awful at attacking.

It doesn't help when our recruitment is so poor, we play 451 and end up with 4 target men strikers, no pace and no player capable of playing in a role behind the striker. Why do we need 5 strikers to fill 1 spot? why are 4 of them so similar? Our plan B is to throw 3 targetmen on the pitch and hoof it, is that it?
Our plan B was clearly to get our best crossers and best headers of a ball on the pitch. And it worked.

MACCA

Post by MACCA » Sun Oct 15, 2017 5:55 am

COYC73 wrote:To be honest.....that comment just makes you sound like a Paedophile :?
How anybody can think it....never mind write it on a message board makes them very messed up in the head.....
Firstly you need to look up the term paedophile, as I am sure girls can and should lose their virginity over the age that term applies. ( if YOU imagine it on the illegal side, that says more about you than me )

And why would me watching your daughter lose her virginity make me messed up? Least I didn't join in.

Ps never believe anything you see on a message board. Saves you all sorts of time on the emotion rollercoasters. ;)

50 shades of Grey
Been Liked: 332 times
Has Liked: 1 time

Post by 50 shades of Grey » Sun Oct 15, 2017 7:50 am

claretlegend: If the fans would make some bloody noise and make Turf Moor intimidating again, we might turn these draws into wins!

Saxo: Real fans infiltrated by premier league fans does that to you.

Oh the irony, this from Saxo, the same plastic scouser, who had no idea where ewood was till uncle jack started spu nking a few million.

Clown.

Lancasterclaret
Been Liked: 8058 times
Has Liked: 4714 times

Post by Lancasterclaret » Sun Oct 15, 2017 8:24 am

I think some people are being very harsh here.

We eventually broke down a team that played very well defensively, and though we deserved a point, our second half performance wasn't good enough for all three.

You can argue about pace, individual substitutions etc etc etc if you want, but West Ham in the 2nd half were excellent, and shut us down really well because we couldn't get the crosses into the box quickly enough and Antonio (in particular) was magnificent.

Just enjoy where we are and how we are doing it to be honest, because this is actually pretty good at the moment!

TVC15
Been Liked: 3321 times
Has Liked: 601 times

Post by TVC15 » Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:36 am

You seem to be forgetting about the opposition here.

West Ham for the first time this season were able to field their strongest side. With their track record on injuries and suspensions I'd be surprised if they get this side on the pitch many more times this season - but when they do it will be tough for many sides to beat them.

You need to have a closer look at the quality of their individual players, how much money they have spent and how big a club West Ham are now. They have a clear ambition to break into the top 6 with the new stadium and the money they have spent on the team.

Forget their form so far this year as they have had a nightmare with injuries. Lanzini is their best player - it was his first game yesterday and he was excellent. This is a player Liverpool were talking about buying to replace Coutinho.

And all of the above said - we played well yesterday including when they had 11 players on the pitch. We matched them and a draw was just about the fair result.

We were excellent v West Brom and could have easily won by 2 or 3 and deserved to. We struggled against Huddersfield and I'd say that was our only poor performance this year - home and away.

With players like Defour and Cork playing as they are this season and where we are in the table I find it unbelievable that some supporters can be this critical about the team and Dyche. Of course you are entitled to your opinion - but my opinion is that you are absolutely clueless and that you are watching a very different game than I am.

mdd2
Been Liked: 1665 times
Has Liked: 701 times

Post by mdd2 » Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:53 am

But we do have a problem putting the ball in the net and one of those reasons IMO is our real lack of pace. the pace of Zaha and Townsend yday ripped Chelsea apart and if you watched the City highlights their pace is frightening.
Still 3 points next week-City due a bad game (I think not)

BabylonClaret
Been Liked: 710 times
Has Liked: 619 times

Post by BabylonClaret » Sun Oct 15, 2017 10:17 am

Lancasterclaret wrote:I think some people are being very harsh here.

We eventually broke down a team that played very well defensively, and though we deserved a point, our second half performance wasn't good enough for all three.

You can argue about pace, individual substitutions etc etc etc if you want, but West Ham in the 2nd half were excellent, and shut us down really well because we couldn't get the crosses into the box quickly enough and Antonio (in particular) was magnificent.

Just enjoy where we are and how we are doing it to be honest, because this is actually pretty good at the moment!
Agree with this. West Ham have beaten us the last four times we've played them (five if you count the cup loss as well). They're not a bad side but their game plan was to keep it tight and deny us space. Having said that Wood had the best chance of the half (until the woeful defending let them in) and we missed it. Score then and it's a completely different game.

In a way the sending off was the worst thing - it was a forward so it doesn't disrupt their shape and being 1-0 up meant they could simply camp in their own half and hit us on the break if an opportunity arose (exactly how Huddersfield played). They worked hard, got a bit of luck here and there and hung on. We scored too late really - had we had 20 to go I think we'd have gone on to win it because after we scored they basically stopped playing altogether and ran down the clock.

Jimmymaccer
Been Liked: 597 times
Has Liked: 194 times

Post by Jimmymaccer » Sun Oct 15, 2017 12:02 pm

Next at home will be the geordies......on a Monday night under the gas lamps,on the magic lantern, and a full ‘ouse.

We’ll batter ‘em and it’ll be a reet gud’n and all the moaning Minnie’s will have to grumble about will bi’t queue at ‘arf time fert bogs.

COYC73
Been Liked: 82 times
Has Liked: 130 times

Post by COYC73 » Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:03 pm

MACCA wrote:Firstly you need to look up the term paedophile, as I am sure girls can and should lose their virginity over the age that term applies. ( if YOU imagine it on the illegal side, that says more about you than me )

And why would me watching your daughter lose her virginity make me messed up? Least I didn't join in.

Ps never believe anything you see on a message board. Saves you all sorts of time on the emotion rollercoasters. ;)

Well my daughter is 6 year old for a start.....So which one are you after watching now? You sick F@*k.....

Dyched
Been Liked: 1922 times
Has Liked: 446 times

Post by Dyched » Sun Oct 15, 2017 10:33 pm

I thought we were a little unlucky yesterday. Should of had a pen, hit the post and Wood should of buried that header in the first half.

Another good point on the board. In the top half of the league. Where this club is right now it's not about performances but points. And we are gaining them. We'd all love to watch us winning 4-0 with beautiful free flowing football but clubs like ours don't. Players like Brady/Defour dont play at 100% each week, they wouldn't be here if they did.

MACCA

Post by MACCA » Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:11 am

COYC73 wrote:Well my daughter is 6 year old for a start.....So which one are you after watching now? You sick F@*k.....
Eeww, oh dear.
You really have these thoughts?

I don't think your quick abusive nature suits your mentality.
If you're going to get all hot and bothered, I suggest you think before pulling people up on message boards regarding throw away comments.

Dont beleive everything you see on the internet, and don't pick battles you can't win.
Write that down.