dyche it could all go wrong

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
claretfan
Been Liked: 4 times

dyche it could all go wrong

Post by claretfan » Sun Mar 20, 2016 9:26 am

even though we are top off the league i think we are a long long way from promotion and i think one of the problems is dyche reluctance to use his squad everyone in the ground yesterday could see players looked jaded and out of form we go 1.0 up against the run off play , most managers would have thought get some fresh legs on tighten things up , but no we change a striker , they made positive subs and dominated the rest of the game and in all honesty deserved what they got dyche never stops mentioning how few players we have used, is that a good thing ? the likes of kighly taylor marney must be sitting there thinking whats going on
another dyche trait is the one game at a time quote but then constantly keeps refering to previous games in our unbeaten run,even the most die hard claret would surely agree we have been very fortunate in some of those games bolton,blackburn,fulham, and even yesterday. dyche has now started blaming the fans, what next the pitch? next up is brighton away lose there and they are breathing down our necks along with midds ,we have tough games after that and i think we may well end up in the play offs which will mean another three games with a jaded ,tired team and if i am honest i wouldnt fancy our chances, would you ?

Quicknick
Been Liked: 1208 times
Has Liked: 7098 times

Re: dyche it could all go wrong

Post by Quicknick » Sun Mar 20, 2016 9:31 am

If you'd punctuate this diatribe, I'd be able to follow it.
These 5 users liked this post: _Soclaretes_ Rowls Rileybobs LoveCurryPies Adrianthepostman

taio
Been Liked: 3220 times
Has Liked: 340 times

Post by taio » Sun Mar 20, 2016 9:34 am

I think we have a good chance of automatic but it's far from guaranteed so I am cautiously optimistic - there's bound to be twist and turns through to the end of the season. Dyche's approach has served us so well, so I absolutely wouldn't want him to change that at this stage of the season - the players individually and collectively known their roles. Especially just because we 'only' managed a draw against Wolves. Some people will go into meltdown when the almost inevitable defeat occurs.

Garnerssoap
Been Liked: 392 times
Has Liked: 514 times

Post by Garnerssoap » Sun Mar 20, 2016 9:38 am

It needs more than punctuation
These 5 users liked this post: Redbeard Quicknick DAVETHEVICAR Rowls Rileybobs

Winstonswhite
Been Liked: 605 times
Has Liked: 309 times

Post by Winstonswhite » Sun Mar 20, 2016 9:39 am

Glass half empty?

So you honestly think this "tired team" will be after a nice two weeks off??

Also if you're saying Brighton will be breathing down our necks, I'd say if we beat them (and we've won 11, drawn 4 of the last 15) rather than lose, then we have basically got one foot in the Premier League.

Don't be down beat pal. Your comments about Dyche are true. I've mentioned them in the past many times on here. He's very pig headed, cock sure and when up against he hits back- but that attitude filters down into the the players and breeds WINNERS

Bin Ont Turf
Been Liked: 5154 times
Has Liked: 795 times
Location: On top of a pink elephant riding to the Democratic Republic of Congo

Post by Bin Ont Turf » Sun Mar 20, 2016 9:40 am

You say yes, I say no
You say stop and I say go, go, go
Oh, no
You say goodbye and I say hello

Hello, hello
I don't know why you say goodbye
I say hello
These 3 users liked this post: Quicknick _Soclaretes_ JPS71

MACCA
Been Liked: 4360 times

Post by MACCA » Sun Mar 20, 2016 9:40 am

I honestly think taking the whole game into account, it was definitely a point gained.

If we would have got beaten I don't think anyone could have said it wasn't coming.

It may be the most important point of the season, 4 points from Wolves & BHA would have been a fantastic return, and that is still possible.
A review at 17:00 Saturday 2nd April will give us a better idea to what's required.

Quicknick
Been Liked: 1208 times
Has Liked: 7098 times

Post by Quicknick » Sun Mar 20, 2016 9:47 am

Brilliant, BOT!
This user liked this post: SussexDon1inIreland

Onenilwade
Been Liked: 24 times
Has Liked: 1 time

Post by Onenilwade » Sun Mar 20, 2016 10:10 am

Let's just put it down to nerves ! we are in poll position let's just push on ...Prem here we come 8-)

_Soclaretes_
Been Liked: 137 times
Has Liked: 285 times

Post by _Soclaretes_ » Sun Mar 20, 2016 11:05 am

claretfan wrote:even though we are top off the league i think we are a long long way from promotion and i think one of the problems is dyche reluctance to use his squad everyone in the ground yesterday could see players looked jaded and out of form we go 1.0 up against the run off play , most managers would have thought get some fresh legs on tighten things up , but no we change a striker , they made positive subs and dominated the rest of the game and in all honesty deserved what they got dyche never stops mentioning how few players we have used, is that a good thing ? the likes of kighly taylor marney must be sitting there thinking whats going on
another dyche trait is the one game at a time quote but then constantly keeps refering to previous games in our unbeaten run,even the most die hard claret would surely agree we have been very fortunate in some of those games bolton,blackburn,fulham, and even yesterday. dyche has now started blaming the fans, what next the pitch? next up is brighton away lose there and they are breathing down our necks along with midds ,we have tough games after that and i think we may well end up in the play offs which will mean another three games with a jaded ,tired team and if i am honest i wouldnt fancy our chances, would you ?
Don't feed the Rovers fan/Troll. Post history = 4 posts, all bashing Burnley in some way.

I get it, there's nowt better to do that end of the M65 at the moment :lol:
This user liked this post: BennyD

summitclaret
Been Liked: 826 times
Has Liked: 1307 times

Post by summitclaret » Sun Mar 20, 2016 11:17 am

Overall SD has been and remains a fantasic manager. However, I don't like the dig at fans (who have been very understanding when we have being trying to beak down defensive teams), when it was very obvious that Jonah and Barton where shattered due to playing against 3 in cm all game. That imo led to Jones giving away the ball in the build up to their corner/goal. Marney not coming on in the last 20 minutes was a mistake, which I hope privately the MT will accept and learn from.

The latter is not hindsight, as it was being said all around where I sit beforehand. However, wtb of hindsight, bringing on Tarks as a third CB at the end might well have stopped their goal. Again something I hope we will think about next time.

We are still in control and just need to keep our nerve. Hopefuly the chicken counters will shut up now.

BabylonClaret
Been Liked: 707 times
Has Liked: 618 times

Post by BabylonClaret » Sun Mar 20, 2016 11:20 am

Hmmm. We weren't anywhere near our best yesterday true and second half especially very wasteful in possession which is very unlike us. However, we still had far too much for Wolves to cause us any real problems. Once we went in front i was amazed they ragged a goal at the end - if anyone was goign to score it was us!

A goal at the death from a couple of errors and then a good set play and people are saying that the game was lost because we didn;t make subs. If we'd been more clinical in the openings we made rather than a wasteful final ball we'd have been out of sight.

They came not to get beat and it almost didn't come off for them bar a brilliant set play at the end when we switched off a little. Their goal was never "coming"
This user liked this post: evensteadiereddie

Rowls
Been Liked: 5065 times
Has Liked: 5124 times

Re: Sean Dyche's Claret & Blue Army

Post by Rowls » Sun Mar 20, 2016 11:42 am

_Soclaretes_ wrote:Don't feed the Rovers fan/Troll. Post history = 4 posts, all bashing Burnley in some way.
Nailed it.

Dyche would never say anything like the thread title. It's the sort of negative stuff that Lambert would come out with. I've corrected the thread title.
This user liked this post: _Soclaretes_

claretfan

Post by claretfan » Sun Mar 20, 2016 8:36 pm

why does this board have to be so petty and childish i posted a message hoping to get genuine opinions and yet all you get are silly comments about commers and full stops for ---- sake does it matter you could all read it , !

Rileybobs
Been Liked: 6893 times
Has Liked: 1471 times

Post by Rileybobs » Sun Mar 20, 2016 8:47 pm

I've just had a quick look and Saturday was the first time this season that we have dropped any points in the final 15 minutes since the opening game against Leeds. What this means is that people who are suggesting that Dyche needs to use his bench more or bring on an extra defender to see out a game are talking arse.

TVC15
Been Liked: 3321 times
Has Liked: 601 times

Post by TVC15 » Sun Mar 20, 2016 8:49 pm

Now don`t jump my throat please

....but its commas not commers

Haha !!!
This user liked this post: monkeyboy

ClaretTony
Been Liked: 32238 times
Has Liked: 5253 times

Post by ClaretTony » Sun Mar 20, 2016 8:50 pm

It was difficult to read and to be honest was somewhat nonsensical. I wondered why you hadn't commented previously on this when we were winning games.

As for them dominating after our goal, that's nonsense. Whatever they'd done before the goal, they offered nothing after it until they scored from a corner that we can all now see should have been a goal kick.

Not at our best but dominated the first half hour and last twenty minutes. As for the crowd, no wonder the manager was frustrated. And he hasn't read the OP on this thread.

Grimsby Claret
Been Liked: 38 times
Has Liked: 59 times

Post by Grimsby Claret » Sun Mar 20, 2016 8:58 pm

Take no notice Claret fan.
I do feel While Clarets fans have a right to moan if they pay here money, some are over the top negative. We Fans should have been Lifting the roof with Songs and chants in support of the club we Love. The Crowd have the power to lift or spook the players. Believe if we had really been behind the players vocally after we scored to the last kick of the game, We would have got the 3 points.

KRBFC
Been Liked: 3784 times
Has Liked: 1071 times

Post by KRBFC » Sun Mar 20, 2016 9:00 pm

I honestly think we look a million miles off a title winning side 90% of the time but we are up there so Dyche deserves credit for good results. Helps when the better sides have a meltdown too, I think this league is weaker than ever though. I have absolutely no idea how we have gained so many points from performances but we have so hopefully we can get over the line

claretfan

Post by claretfan » Sun Mar 20, 2016 9:07 pm

quite agree with grimsby but i still believe dyche reluctance to use the squad could cost us promotion automatically, and sorry to sound so negative but taking everything into consideration i dont believe we would go up by the play offs , i will come back to this post at a later , and i really do hope i am wrong , but i believe the use of subs and tactical changes are dyches weakness

boiledclaret
Been Liked: 389 times
Has Liked: 1022 times

Post by boiledclaret » Sun Mar 20, 2016 9:19 pm

Three games this weekend massively changed in injury time. Results have been going for us, big time, but this weekend the luck went against us.

The only reason why people are getting nervy and panicky is because of the sheer level of unbelievable over confidence that a lot of us have shown lately.

We're in a massively strong position, one which we'd all have took after the 0-3 at Hull.

KRBFC

Post by KRBFC » Sun Mar 20, 2016 9:53 pm

I think the reason for nerves is quite a large majority feel we are in a false position somewhat and if Boro/Derby/Hull had any bottle we'd have probably have had to settle for the play offs.
This user liked this post: boatshed bill

bfccrazy
Been Liked: 2103 times
Has Liked: 416 times

Post by bfccrazy » Sun Mar 20, 2016 10:57 pm

The nerves were almost tangible at 1-0 yesterday and as said above - it's a feeling of false position I think as we have not been playing amazing football but winning games. *cue the people saying "i'll take bot playing well but winning".... As I am happy us doing*

Yesterday was the first time I have felt anxious whilst leading and we were punished for not closing a game out which has become something we seem to have easily done recently.

It's not time to panic yet as we're still clear at the top and our fate in is our own hands but yesterday showed for the first time in this run in the chinks in the armour and the pressure gettig to the team a little (Heatons kicking and simple balls not played). Even in the last minute we could have attacked but found ourselves desperately defending to see out the draw.

quoonbeatz
Been Liked: 2561 times
Has Liked: 757 times

Post by quoonbeatz » Sun Mar 20, 2016 11:49 pm

we've got the most points after 38 games and even those with games in hand will still be behind us if they win them.

we've scored more goals than anyone else.

we've got the third best defence in the league.

i can see why 'a large majority' would think we're in a false position.

quoonbeatz

Post by quoonbeatz » Mon Mar 21, 2016 1:10 am

not sure why you'd say perplexing either, tbh.

we've scored the most goals and have one of the best defences. that's why we're where we are.

this season hasn't been as exciting as the the last one in this division and that one wasn't as exciting as the promotion under coyle. i'd prefer if our style was a bit more like bournemouth's last year, i'd rather we were more expansive, attacked more and played with proper wingers.

i think we do actually play some really good football at times though - not always, we don't football teams off the park but we do play some good stuff when we can and we've scored some excellent goals. goals are mint. i like goals. i like good defending too though.

that said, i've hardly looked at the league table so i must be missing out.

KRBFC

Post by KRBFC » Mon Mar 21, 2016 5:08 am

quoonbeatz wrote:not sure why you'd say perplexing either, tbh.

we've scored the most goals and have one of the best defences. that's why we're where we are.

this season hasn't been as exciting as the the last one in this division and that one wasn't as exciting as the promotion under coyle. i'd prefer if our style was a bit more like bournemouth's last year, i'd rather we were more expansive, attacked more and played with proper wingers.

i think we do actually play some really good football at times though - not always, we don't football teams off the park but we do play some good stuff when we can and we've scored some excellent goals. goals are mint. i like goals. i like good defending too though.

that said, i've hardly looked at the league table so i must be missing out.
We have looked like an average side so many times this season and scraped 3 points, performances like the one against Wolves was the same as the performance at Bolton and Blackburn and also at home to Blackburn. Very negative, slow tempo, zero creativity from wide, awful ball retention and relying on keeping the other team out and nicking a goal. There has been quite a few other games this season were we have barely created a chance from open play that I could name but I wont bother because I don't want to sound too negative just my assessment of the season so far.

JohnMac
Been Liked: 2367 times
Has Liked: 3781 times

Post by JohnMac » Mon Mar 21, 2016 6:20 am

'There are no remarks on the scorecard' is an old golfing term.
Same here, there isn't a panel that gets together at the end of a season and awards bonus points for style.
We are top because we have accumulated more points than Derby, Hull, Brighton and Boro et al.
I would also love to see Barcelona type football every week and have us blowing teams away but I'm realistic and accept it isn't going to happen.
In the meantime I'll settle for what we do and the results we achieve.
UTC

MACCA

Post by MACCA » Mon Mar 21, 2016 7:04 am

"They came not to get beat and it almost didn't come off for them bar a brilliant set play at the end when we switched off a little. Their goal was never "coming""

Footballs all about opinions I suppose, but the great chance where Mee got back on the line to block from a dodgy Heaton clearance and the fact they rattled the post suggests they didn't only have 1 chance right at the end and took it.

IMO the whole of the second half they looked to have grown in confidence and had us scrambling and blocking on a few occasions.

At half time I said that was the first part of a perfect away performance from them and wouldn't be surprised if they went on to either score or win ( was in part due to our display as well )

Point gained, time to forget it and move on. Many teams in and around us have had similar if not worse results, we are top because more times than not we have been on the right side of the "fine margins" and no doubt we will be back on that side over the next few games.

evensteadiereddie
Been Liked: 3146 times
Has Liked: 10202 times

Post by evensteadiereddie » Mon Mar 21, 2016 7:09 am

We keep going and no matter what, keep our confidence up. If our lead is eroded, so be it and we start again with three or four games to go.
What we need to avoid is depending on the results of the last day's fixtures......just imagine if both Boro and BHA needed a point in the last game - I suspect that would be one almighty stitch-up.

KRBFC

Post by KRBFC » Mon Mar 21, 2016 11:27 am

evensteadiereddie wrote:We keep going and no matter what, keep our confidence up. If our lead is eroded, so be it and we start again with three or four games to go.
What we need to avoid is depending on the results of the last day's fixtures......just imagine if both Boro and BHA needed a point in the last game - I suspect that would be one almighty stitch-up.
Swear there was a league game last year or the year before that went a similar way and the keeper had possession of the ball for 10 minutes with nobody closing down as the result favoured both sides.

quoonbeatz

Post by quoonbeatz » Mon Mar 21, 2016 11:39 am

KRBFC wrote:We have looked like an average side so many times this season and scraped 3 points, performances like the one against Wolves was the same as the performance at Bolton and Blackburn and also at home to Blackburn. Very negative, slow tempo, zero creativity from wide, awful ball retention and relying on keeping the other team out and nicking a goal. There has been quite a few other games this season were we have barely created a chance from open play that I could name but I wont bother because I don't want to sound too negative just my assessment of the season so far.
as much as i'd prefer it, you don't get points for aesthetics.

you might think we've looked an average side but there's more to being a good football team than playing nice football. average sides don't score the most goals, don't have good defensive and don't have the most points.

some of the football has been junk at times and i was one of dyche's biggest critics when he first came in.

we're a very good team though, one of the best in this division which is one of the tightest and most competitive in the world. we might have looked average but we've still done better than everyone else so far.

NRC
Been Liked: 908 times
Has Liked: 107 times

Post by NRC » Mon Mar 21, 2016 12:54 pm

didn't joint the "we're up" bandwagon last week, and I'm not joining this one either. As I saw it last week at season end history could have shown for the last nine games we ran away with it, we fell away, or we were somewhere in between

In other words, no chickens, no gloom, just full focus on getting the next game done and see where we are.... and then again for the next. Nobody has won anything, and nobody has lost anything

jlup1980
Been Liked: 850 times
Has Liked: 525 times

Post by jlup1980 » Mon Mar 21, 2016 1:10 pm

We could look back on Saturday as pivotal at the end of the season, but it might also mean that we only make 2nd place rather than 1st. In the grand scheme of things would anyone really care if that was the case!!

I must admit it had a bad feeling about it though. I found out MK Dons had missed that penalty pretty much straight after they equalised so that compounded the misery - it was a bad minute!! For a split second I looked back to this time last year when Matt Taylor missed that penalty against Leicester and then Vardy scored at the other end 30 seconds later. That was a bad minute as well and it was the moment we timestamped our relegation. Fingers crossed the incidents this weekend don't come back to bite us on the backside come May!

MACCA

Post by MACCA » Mon Mar 21, 2016 1:26 pm

KRBFC wrote:Swear there was a league game last year or the year before that went a similar way and the keeper had possession of the ball for 10 minutes with nobody closing down as the result favoured both sides.
Yes you are 100% correct.
Not sure of the team (s) but Barnsley or Huddersfield is jumping out at me.

It was basically cheating, but the ball was in play and no team wanted to attack.

MACCA

Post by MACCA » Mon Mar 21, 2016 1:31 pm

http://www.barnsley-chronicle.co.uk/mob ... -final-day" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It wasn't as long as I thought and the game was 2-2 and not 0-0-s, although the teams were right. It was Huddersfield v Barnsley
This user liked this post: KRBFC

KRBFC

Post by KRBFC » Mon Mar 21, 2016 1:38 pm

MACCA wrote:http://www.barnsley-chronicle.co.uk/mob ... -final-day

It wasn't as long as I thought and the game was 2-2 and not 0-0-s, although the teams were right. It was Huddersfield v Barnsley
The manager whos team was relegated because of that result must of been furious.

MACCA

Post by MACCA » Mon Mar 21, 2016 2:09 pm

It was Peterborough and they had let a 2-1lead slip to get beaten off palace then got the added insult of the other teams playing for the draw when Barnsley needed to win to stay up.

SussexDon1inIreland
Been Liked: 1277 times
Has Liked: 8528 times

Post by SussexDon1inIreland » Mon Mar 21, 2016 2:23 pm

Lets hope Wolves play as well when they play Hull

UTC
This user liked this post: Bcap1959

JTClaret
Been Liked: 181 times
Has Liked: 119 times

Post by JTClaret » Mon Mar 21, 2016 3:12 pm

Oh no, we're ONLY 4 points clear now??!!

IanMcL
Been Liked: 6340 times
Has Liked: 8651 times

Post by IanMcL » Mon Mar 21, 2016 11:12 pm

We have a super set of players who give everything and a manager and staff to match. if, by some fluke, we don't make it, I would not have any qualms about cheering them all to the rafters. This is the best squad for years.

Spijed
Been Liked: 2892 times
Has Liked: 1294 times

Post by Spijed » Tue Mar 22, 2016 1:11 pm

jlup1980 wrote:We could look back on Saturday as pivotal at the end of the season, but it might also mean that we only make 2nd place rather than 1st. In the grand scheme of things would anyone really care if that was the case!!

I must admit it had a bad feeling about it though. I found out MK Dons had missed that penalty pretty much straight after they equalised so that compounded the misery - it was a bad minute!! For a split second I looked back to this time last year when Matt Taylor missed that penalty against Leicester and then Vardy scored at the other end 30 seconds later. That was a bad minute as well and it was the moment we timestamped our relegation. Fingers crossed the incidents this weekend don't come back to bite us on the backside come May!
I like to think that, like all games, there are moments of good & bad luck. Yes it went against us, but in previous games, such as Bolton, we definitely had a slice of good fortune. After we'd gone in front against them, Heaton made that top class save from their header. It could easily have gone in and our run of late might never have happened in the same way.

dougcollins
Been Liked: 1778 times
Has Liked: 1773 times

Post by dougcollins » Tue Mar 22, 2016 1:13 pm

Are you The Walrus, Bint?

Top Claret
Been Liked: 1127 times
Has Liked: 1238 times

Post by Top Claret » Tue Mar 22, 2016 2:37 pm

I thought Dyche was feeling the pressure a little after the draw on Saturday and must have been fuming for giving a goal away in the last minute, he obviously took a little of his frustration out on the supporters.

Long way to go yet and I have been saying for the last 2 weeks changes need to be made in the midfield if we are to keep this run together, Barton, Jones and Arfield looked tired on Saturday and it was crying out for Jones to be pulled.

I think the 2 week break will do us good and we will see both Barton and Jones coming back fresher and give Brighton a good seeing to

claretfan

Post by claretfan » Tue Apr 12, 2016 9:50 pm

seems to be panning out as I thought !

Vegas Claret
Been Liked: 10916 times
Has Liked: 5594 times

Post by Vegas Claret » Tue Apr 12, 2016 9:51 pm

you don't think, you just spout garbage

jtv
Been Liked: 297 times
Has Liked: 386 times

Post by jtv » Tue Apr 12, 2016 9:52 pm

........and you seem to be relishing in it. Some Burnley fan!

SkiptonClaret
Been Liked: 294 times
Has Liked: 92 times

Post by SkiptonClaret » Tue Apr 12, 2016 9:53 pm

IanMcL wrote:We have a super set of players who give everything and a manager and staff to match. if, by some fluke, we don't make it, I would not have any qualms about cheering them all to the rafters. This is the best squad for years.
Really ? Certainly not played the best football, it's been fairly dire for large chunks of this season, I don't think even the most blinkered could deny that.

Spijed
Been Liked: 2892 times
Has Liked: 1294 times

Post by Spijed » Tue Apr 12, 2016 9:55 pm

SkiptonClaret wrote:Really ? Certainly not played the best football, it's been fairly dire for large chunks of this season, I don't think even the most blinkered could deny that.
And by the sounds of it both Boro and Brighton have been dire for a number of games as well. It's all down to results!

claretfan

Post by claretfan » Tue Apr 12, 2016 9:55 pm

really ,if you read the original post ,you will see it's far from garbage

SkiptonClaret
Been Liked: 294 times
Has Liked: 92 times

Post by SkiptonClaret » Tue Apr 12, 2016 9:56 pm

Yeah, but we've not been great all season. Whoever goes up are a country mile off PL standard as it stands.