John hartson says Dyche should go..

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
boatshed bill
Been Liked: 3164 times
Has Liked: 6759 times

Re: John hartson says Dyche should go..

Post by boatshed bill » Wed Oct 25, 2017 12:46 am

Hartson actually said that Burnley "should let him go"
Make of that what you will ;)

TheOriginalLongsider
Been Liked: 426 times
Has Liked: 219 times

Post by TheOriginalLongsider » Wed Oct 25, 2017 7:44 am

Rick_Muller wrote:If Hartson is saying that I’ve got to take him of the Christmas card list. He’s normally quite a sound chap, who has a bit more intelligence about his discussion.

Really? Hartson.

Lancasterclaret
Been Liked: 8058 times
Has Liked: 4714 times

Post by Lancasterclaret » Wed Oct 25, 2017 7:57 am

Already been said, but worth repeating

Football pundits on a football radio or TV show get asked questions about football. That will probably include managerial vacancies, and maybe even a chat about very good managers at football clubs who might interest said club with managerial vacancy.

Now I'm no expert on this, but I reckon that any football pundit will have an opinion on it, and if he hasn't, his career as a football pundit will be very short indeed.

There do seem to be quite a lot of you on here (and other media sites) who appear to think that Burnley is the summit of the football universe for managers and footballers. I hate to break it to you, but unless you are fan, it most definitely isn't.
These 2 users liked this post: JohnMac martin_p

TheFamilyCat
Been Liked: 5560 times
Has Liked: 208 times

Post by TheFamilyCat » Wed Oct 25, 2017 8:31 am

I've tried really, really hard but I've found it impossible to give a **** about what John Hartson thinks.
This user liked this post: boatshed bill

kentonclaret
Been Liked: 982 times
Has Liked: 205 times

Post by kentonclaret » Wed Oct 25, 2017 8:49 am

Sadly, there are many other pundits (including Alan Pardew), who think that Burnley Football Club is not up to Premier League standard and that the players are getting changed in a dressing room the size of a cupboard.

Because the club does not have wealthy foreign backers they think that Burnley does not have a pot to pi$$ in and that there is no possibility of progression either for the club or the manager.

Hence, they all urge Sean Dyche to jump ship when every vacancy at another club presents itself.

3putt
Been Liked: 180 times
Has Liked: 245 times

Post by 3putt » Wed Oct 25, 2017 8:55 am

Bin Ont Turf wrote:Oh do behave you daft apeth.

They're presenters of football shows or sports journalists, not James Bond villains.
If I could "like" this twice I would.

One for the common sense and one for "daft apeth". Haven't heard that term for long time - really funny and should be brought back. :D
-

BennyD
Been Liked: 1338 times
Has Liked: 757 times

Post by BennyD » Wed Oct 25, 2017 9:00 am

And I say John Hartson should go.......f*ck himself.

CrosspoolClarets
Been Liked: 1652 times
Has Liked: 404 times

Post by CrosspoolClarets » Wed Oct 25, 2017 9:04 am

If I were Dyche I would go myself, to Everton. The only obvious step up but he is Marmite and if he gets sacked there is no guarentee he will walk into another job, like so many before him. There are 20 possible vacancies with maybe 1,000 serious contenders for each one, ranging all over the world. He isn’t daft and will know this, he will know he may never enjoy a job like this ever again. He is likely to try though.

NottsClaret
Been Liked: 2625 times
Has Liked: 1 time

Post by NottsClaret » Wed Oct 25, 2017 9:06 am

"No one likes us*.. and we whine about it like overly sensitive little babies at every opportunity"

Get that going in the CFS next Monday.

*And it's not even that they don't like us, they more likely couldn't give a toss either way.

deanothedino
Been Liked: 695 times
Has Liked: 297 times

Post by deanothedino » Wed Oct 25, 2017 9:17 am

In my experience the print media are pretty fond of Burnley. Maybe I don't watch enough ex-pros talking on TV to get the bigger picture.

bfcjg
Been Liked: 5084 times
Has Liked: 6895 times

Post by bfcjg » Wed Oct 25, 2017 10:05 am

Pundits in the main are failed managers or ex players not good enough or brave enough to be a manager. In the world of 24 hour tele they need to fill programme time with inane drivel and comments to fill the space between the adverts or in the BBC's case cookery programmes, hence until football implodes due to its own greed and over exposure we will have to put up with such potential Nobel prize winning insights.

aggi
Been Liked: 2122 times

Post by aggi » Wed Oct 25, 2017 10:11 am

They say bad things about our manager and the media are against us as they don't recognise his talent and what he's achieved.

They say good things about our manager and what he's achieved and the media are against us as they're trying to sabotage the club.

They say nothing about our manager and the media are ignoring us.
This user liked this post: bfcmik

TVC15
Been Liked: 3322 times
Has Liked: 601 times

Post by TVC15 » Wed Oct 25, 2017 10:32 am

John Hartson is a decent pundit - always very complimentary about Burnley.

The media is naturally talking about the Everton vacancy at the moment - its big news. As much as I do not want Dyche to leave it's a perfectly sensible view point from any pundit to say they think Dyche should leave if Everton offered him the job.

If you forget the fact that it's our club then most of us would be saying the same thing.

Don't really get all this anger against ex footballers and pundits in general. It's part of the game and the sheer volume of them simply reflects the amount of the money in the game - which we can hardly complain about given the size of our Bank balance !

If Chris Sutton or Garth Crooks said they thought Dyche should leave - I would still continue to dislike them immensely but that's because I cannot stand either of them.

I never minded Hartson before he said Dyche should leave - and don't mind him now !

Pstotto
Been Liked: 1024 times
Has Liked: 763 times

Post by Pstotto » Wed Oct 25, 2017 11:47 am

Hartson is on my wanted list now. Obviously a Swansea fan looking to undermine us, out of jealousy. Same with Silva at Watford. It's disgusting, it's like saying oh I'll choose that man's wife or that family's house, it's setting a cultural precedent of total disregard for others. That a powerful media message of extreme social divisiveness, subconsciously downloading into millions of minds.

There is no backing to Hartson's argument since Dyche has yet to prove himself at PL level. One season doesn't make a PL manager.

Rileybobs
Been Liked: 6963 times
Has Liked: 1483 times

Post by Rileybobs » Wed Oct 25, 2017 12:03 pm

I was listening to talk sport in the car the other day (I know...) and one of the presenters said that if Dyche had an offer from a proper club like West Ham he should leave. What an arrogant and stupid thing to say. He did get shot down by the other presenters to be fair.

Hartson’s a pretty poor pundit but I agree that if Dyche was offered the Everton job he should take it. What I don’t understand is this general feeling that Dyche is turning down jobs left, right and centre. We don’t even know if he’s seriously being considered for them.

BarstewardsEnquiry
Been Liked: 44 times
Has Liked: 93 times

Post by BarstewardsEnquiry » Wed Oct 25, 2017 12:24 pm

I can't believe this sh1tstain even gets air time. This is the guy who kicked one of his teammates full force in the head whilst he was on the floor. Top lad that Hartson!

levraiclaret
Been Liked: 428 times
Has Liked: 1483 times

Post by levraiclaret » Wed Oct 25, 2017 12:30 pm

Yes I heard that too Rileybobs, it was Matt Scott from the Inside World football website, he's an Arsenal fan who I noticed because he maintains that their winner at the Turf last season was legitimate. He used to write the Digger column in the Guardian five or six years ago. tbf I hadn't heard of the website or the Digger column, I guess we were in League 2 when he was growing up.

kentonclaret
Been Liked: 982 times
Has Liked: 205 times

Post by kentonclaret » Wed Oct 25, 2017 12:43 pm

Very strange how all of these pundits think that Dyche should quit Burnley but not that Wagner should jump ship at Huddersfield or Silva leave Watford or Howe leave Bournemouth.

I suppose these are viewed as much bigger clubs with wealthy owners.

Even the Metro yesterday when writing about the Everton vacancy stated that Sean Dyche was "attainable".

wildcat391
Been Liked: 1 time

Post by wildcat391 » Wed Oct 25, 2017 1:07 pm

My apologies if I have missed this previously but just what is Ian Wrights beef with us?
I think back to my 40th birthday, a day spent on the turf watching us beat Scunthorpe on the big screen, or rather on the small screens in the concourse and having a beer shower when Glenn Little smashed that goal in. A few hours and several more beers later I was under the culvert as the team bus arrived back and as it just got under the canal bridge the coach stopped, the skylight flew open and there was Ian Wright with the biggest grin Ive ever seen. He looked like it meant something, if you get my drift. These days, as someone said above, its like the mere mention of our name sticks in his throat.

Saxoman
Been Liked: 577 times
Has Liked: 147 times

Post by Saxoman » Wed Oct 25, 2017 1:11 pm

3putt wrote:If I could "like" this twice I would.

One for the common sense and one for "daft apeth". Haven't heard that term for long time - really funny and should be brought back. :D
-
You still upset about my comments regarding leaving your dog at home to go on holiday? :roll:

JTClaret
Been Liked: 181 times
Has Liked: 119 times

Post by JTClaret » Wed Oct 25, 2017 1:19 pm

I'm worried that if he does go Burnley fans will go into a meltdown of bitterness and anger.

I don't see why Dyche shouldn't see this as a great opportunity, in the same way I believe he can stay and carry on building his reputation, skills and the club. If he goes, fair play. If not, nice one. But if he does I really hope he's not branded disloyal.

Pstotto

Post by Pstotto » Wed Oct 25, 2017 1:23 pm

I have no comprehension of you at all, those that think Dyche should take the Everton job if offered. WHY?????????

Saxoman

Post by Saxoman » Wed Oct 25, 2017 1:30 pm

Pstotto wrote:I have no comprehension of you at all, those that think Dyche should take the Everton job if offered. WHY?????????
I'm loave to engage with you, but I'll answer.. Because their mentality is small time. It really shouldn't be if they want Burnley to achieve good things.

TVC15
Been Liked: 3322 times
Has Liked: 601 times

Post by TVC15 » Wed Oct 25, 2017 1:57 pm

Pstotto wrote:I have no comprehension of you at all, those that think Dyche should take the Everton job if offered. WHY?????????
Thinking he should go and wanting him to go are 2 very different things.

As to why Dyche should take the job he has already said he is ambitious. He knows that there is a limit to how far Burnley can go within the financial framework and constraints he often refers to. Whilst we have not reached that limit yet wherever that ceiling is....its never going to be as high as at a club like Everton.

Everton are a bigger club than Burnley in every single respect - forget about the league table positions. This debate would not be happening if they were above us.

If the job was offered to him and he took it then I think most like minded Burnley fans would agree that it was a step up for him. If he did not take it then I suspect this would be down to doubts about the control and autonomy he would have compared to that he enjoys at Burnley. Dyche will have a list of criteria he is looking for in his club / position. This is a guy who meticulously plans everything so I would be amazed if it does not include his career.

Moving to a "bigger" club is clearly not the only criteria for Dyche - for example I`d be surprised that moving to a club like West Ham with their owners would float his boat....but who knows other than Dyche.

I think what people are saying by "should go to Everton" is in the context of moving to the next level with a club that has a very wealthy owner, but a very loyal chairman and the potential to be a top 4 or 5 club in the next few years (on the basis that they have done this previously).

As said very different to "want" him to go which in my view is just a few morons who will never be happy until Burnley are lifting the World club Cup !

Pstotto

Post by Pstotto » Wed Oct 25, 2017 9:31 pm

I disagree with Saxo for a start. Burnley are now one of the top 20 richest clubs in the world and in an area of outstanding natural beauty with good transport links. Getting to that top 20 position cannot be said to be a small time mentality. One doesn't know how Burnley might grow and grow.

Liverpool is a dump and a divided city and he has children of his own to think of, notwithstanding his Maserati, or whatever he drives (and his 45K watch.)

He will instantly be under at least double the pressure from fans demanding so much more. He will have to contend with demands for trophies and the egos of any such players demanded of.

It's too soon in his career, from the background he's come from. He isn't a Guardiola. OK if he fails he will still get a big pay check but anyone can see the snakes and ladders of club management in English football and he might just be grateful to be managing the likes of QPR in League One, in say, three years time, if he took the Everton job and failed. He MAY make a success of Everton but he's more than likely to not. Think of Koeman and his international pedigree.

Surely to leave Burnley in the lurch at this stage, only to go down the table to an Everton in disarray, cannot really be said to represent a step upwards and the disservice to Burnley in doing so, would surely prick the conscience of even a battle hardened footy bloke, if not an amoral entity like horseface.

For me it's a no brainer. Burnley is a better bet for now. Maybe Everton or whoever in another three years, but not now. Don't forget he is not even 50 years old and Wenger is 68, so there more than enough time to manage Arsenal or Spurs etc.
This user liked this post: Rick_Muller

scouseclaret
Been Liked: 858 times
Has Liked: 265 times

Post by scouseclaret » Wed Oct 25, 2017 9:48 pm

What a load of nonsense.

Saxoman

Post by Saxoman » Wed Oct 25, 2017 9:51 pm

Pstotto wrote:I disagree with Saxo for a start. Burnley are now one of the top 20 richest clubs in the world and in an area of outstanding natural beauty with good transport links. Getting to that top 20 position cannot be said to be a small time mentality. One doesn't know how Burnley might grow and grow.
Shut up and let me speak! :)

I meant the fans.

Pstotto

Post by Pstotto » Wed Oct 25, 2017 10:01 pm

Fans? FANS????? Burnley to win the 2022 World Cup!

timshorts
Been Liked: 413 times
Has Liked: 307 times

Post by timshorts » Wed Oct 25, 2017 10:05 pm

Pstotto wrote:I've made a complaint to the BBC about this latest drivel regarding Sean Dyche. It is pure sh*t stirring with no journalistic standard other than base opinion with little insight as to the situation i.e. Sean Dyche should just leave Burnley at the height of its success 'because he might never get another such opportunity.'
As its the BBC you are complaining about, perhaps you could also add in that all the managers their pundits are recommending are middle aged white men. It's a disgrace. Surely Dwight Yorke would be the best manager for Everton with all that managerial experience. Maybe sue barker or harry redknapp could be options To cover wimmin and the saga fraternity.

Pstotto

Post by Pstotto » Wed Oct 25, 2017 10:07 pm

Incidentally Hartson was probably paid some cash by Swansea to make the comment. The way these 'pundits' talk about poaching from clubs, you'd think they were gangsters. It's the BBC who want to be thought of as gangsters so that subliminally we will bow to their every word, along the likes of 'We the biggies take what we want, any time we want, be it your wife your car or your home, except it's 'I think Dyche' or 'Silva would be good' even though they are already committed to their respective clubs contractually.

I wrote to the BBC about this 'sports punditry' rubbish and its social divisive message that criminality is the way forward for the UK.

Tim are you a real Guardianista or is it more than likely ironic?

3putt
Been Liked: 180 times
Has Liked: 245 times

Post by 3putt » Wed Oct 25, 2017 11:48 pm

[quote="Saxoman"]You still upset about my comments regarding leaving your dog at home to go on holiday? :roll:[/quote

Blimey you have some memory or are extremely paranoid or both. :D

Hadn't given that a thought, as I said I liked his common sense post and funny terminology. :roll:

turfytopper
Been Liked: 409 times
Has Liked: 3431 times

Post by turfytopper » Thu Oct 26, 2017 7:54 am

Everton a big opportunity? Well maybe it is....so was Sunderland 12 months ago...Villa a couple of years ago, Boro last season too and Leeds generations ago.

What if he went there and didn't turn them around? Big gamble as his reputation would be trashed.

Far better to stay where he's successful, with a board he can work with and where the support wouldn't fall off a cliff edge, nor pressure mount to stupid levels when the inevitable happens, and we eventually fall away. (hope that is a long way off).