Hello Norwegian clarets

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
catcatcher
Been Liked: 53 times
Has Liked: 31 times

Hello Norwegian clarets

Post by catcatcher » Tue Oct 31, 2017 8:17 am

We are coming to Norway on the 5th November to do the Hurtigruten eleven day voyage from Bergen. Looking forward to seeing some snow and doing a husky sled ride in Kirkenes.

If you see me in my Burnley hat and scarf come and say hello. I may even have a Burnley souvenir for anyone brave enough :lol:

Cheers

Katy

Dark Cloud
Been Liked: 1981 times
Has Liked: 3299 times

Re: Hello Norwegian clarets

Post by Dark Cloud » Tue Oct 31, 2017 8:44 am

Watch out for those huskies pooing as they run! It's not much fun for those in the sledge! I bloody know!!!!

Leisure
Been Liked: 3771 times
Has Liked: 12358 times

Post by Leisure » Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:08 am

Katy - One of our very committed Norwegian fans , Helge, lives in Bergen. Although he does spent a lot of his time traveling to and staying in Burnley as he comes over for all the home games and a fair number of away games.

spadesclaret
Been Liked: 2147 times
Has Liked: 3782 times

Post by spadesclaret » Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:35 am

what has happened to Heiaburnley (sp?). I haven't seen him on here for some time.

Leisure
Been Liked: 3771 times
Has Liked: 12358 times

Post by Leisure » Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:45 am

spadesclaret wrote:what has happened to Heiaburnley (sp?). I haven't seen him on here for some time.
Heia is Helge. Didn't bump into him last night but spoke to him at the previous home game.
This user liked this post: spadesclaret

catcatcher

Post by catcatcher » Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:56 am

Dark Cloud wrote:Watch out for those huskies pooing as they run! It's not much fun for those in the sledge! I bloody know!!!!
Ha ha I'll remember that. Have been once before and remember being covered in shards of ice from the husky paws flicking them up. May make my husband sit at the front of the sledge now :lol:
This user liked this post: Dark Cloud

catcatcher

Post by catcatcher » Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:59 am

Leisure wrote:Katy - One of our very committed Norwegian fans , Helge, lives in Bergen. Although he does spent a lot of his time traveling to and staying in Burnley as he comes over for all the home games and a fair number of away games.
Cheers Leisure, don't expect I'll bump in to him though as we go straight from airport to ship. Not unless he's onboard anyway!

spadesclaret
Been Liked: 2147 times
Has Liked: 3782 times

Post by spadesclaret » Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:01 am

Leisure wrote:Heia is Helge. Didn't bump into him last night but spoke to him at the previous home game.
Thanks, Leisure.

Dark Cloud
Been Liked: 1981 times
Has Liked: 3299 times

Post by Dark Cloud » Tue Oct 31, 2017 2:37 pm

catcatcher wrote:Ha ha I'll remember that. Have been once before and remember being covered in shards of ice from the husky paws flicking them up. May make my husband sit at the front of the sledge now :lol:
Having said that, driving is bloomin' hard work too. Try putting the "break" on when the huskies are frisky and up for running off! We did it in Finland, but it WAS good fun!

heiaburnley
Has Liked: 38 times

Post by heiaburnley » Tue Oct 31, 2017 8:02 pm

As Leisure said, I commute between Bergen and Burnley, spending about one third of my time in Burnley. I've just come home from watching the anniversary win yesterday :lol: . I cannot be there to meet you on the quayside. I am sure you will enjoy the trip but there is not much daylight at this time of the year. Bergen will have seven and a half hours between sunrise and sunset, Tromsø (day 4?) about five hours and Hammerfest four hours. But I believe there is sufficient snow in Kirkenes , and with luck you may see Northern Lights, Aurora Borealis - I am sure the ship's crew will tell you when it is likely to show. Welcome back to see the Midnight Sun in June, July and August :D . And don't be surprised that everything is expensive :roll: .

PWBFC
Been Liked: 139 times
Has Liked: 59 times

Post by PWBFC » Tue Oct 31, 2017 8:24 pm

Really enjoyed visiting Bergen last summer. I don't think I saw the sun once in 4 days but it's a lovely little city. Particularly enjoyed Mount Floyen and morning breakfasts at Godt Brod.
Also caught a Brann game which was a pretty good atmosphere, maybe helped that they won 4-1.

Bones
Been Liked: 29 times
Has Liked: 100 times

Post by Bones » Tue Oct 31, 2017 8:25 pm

I was speaking to a Norwegian lad last night in the pub before the game I’m assuming you’re one of the group that was sat at the table heia? He said he had been to watch Leeds on Friday night and Liverpool on Saturday aswell.

heiaburnley
Has Liked: 38 times

Post by heiaburnley » Tue Oct 31, 2017 8:31 pm

I was speaking to a Norwegian lad last night in the pub before the game I’m assuming you’re one of the group that was sat at the table heia? He said he had been to watch Leeds on Friday night and Liverpool on Saturday aswell.
Not me. sorry

catcatcher

Post by catcatcher » Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:32 pm

heiaburnley wrote:As Leisure said, I commute between Bergen and Burnley, spending about one third of my time in Burnley. I've just come home from watching the anniversary win yesterday :lol: . I cannot be there to meet you on the quayside. I am sure you will enjoy the trip but there is not much daylight at this time of the year. Bergen will have seven and a half hours between sunrise and sunset, Tromsø (day 4?) about five hours and Hammerfest four hours. But I believe there is sufficient snow in Kirkenes , and with luck you may see Northern Lights, Aurora Borealis - I am sure the ship's crew will tell you when it is likely to show. Welcome back to see the Midnight Sun in June, July and August :D . And don't be surprised that everything is expensive :roll: .
Thanks we did the same cruise in February 2014 and loved it. I am checking the snow daily on the BBC weather app :o

My husband has just Informed me that the snow hotel in Kirkenes has been using a snow machine to make snow :roll:

Last time we saw an amazing northern light display on two days and then smaller grey lights on about four days. I Remember a pint of lager in Hammerfest cost us £10!

piston broke
Been Liked: 1447 times
Has Liked: 1229 times

Post by piston broke » Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:58 pm

Bergen had this years world road cycling champs and looked stunning.
I wish i could afford a visit.

duncandisorderly
Been Liked: 970 times
Has Liked: 232 times

Post by duncandisorderly » Wed Nov 01, 2017 1:01 pm

piston broke wrote:I wish i could afjord a visit.
Corrected that for you.
This user liked this post: piston broke

Wile E Coyote
Been Liked: 2887 times
Has Liked: 1760 times

Post by Wile E Coyote » Wed Nov 01, 2017 1:33 pm

dont mention eurovision.