REPORT: Clarets go to Toon on Sean’s big night

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
ClaretTony
Been Liked: 32526 times
Has Liked: 5276 times

REPORT: Clarets go to Toon on Sean’s big night

Post by ClaretTony » Tue Oct 31, 2017 2:22 pm

Report from last night's win v Newcastle

See link
http://www.uptheclarets.com/clarets-go- ... -big-night" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

RammyClaret61
Been Liked: 1131 times
Has Liked: 301 times

Re: REPORT: Clarets go to Toon on Sean’s big night

Post by RammyClaret61 » Wed Nov 01, 2017 1:07 am

The “Lincoln supporter” you spoke to. Was he of the religious fraternity? ;)

ClaretTony

Post by ClaretTony » Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:32 am

RammyClaret61 wrote:The “Lincoln supporter” you spoke to. Was he of the religious fraternity? ;)
He was, and very proud of being a Lincoln supporter.

RammyClaret61
Been Liked: 1131 times
Has Liked: 301 times

Post by RammyClaret61 » Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:35 am

Oh dear, how sad. :roll:

Yearofthefox
Been Liked: 16 times
Has Liked: 1 time

Post by Yearofthefox » Wed Nov 01, 2017 10:06 am

Tony, i also overheard a group of either Canadians or Amercians queing behind myself and my wife...its still seems slightly weird how we can manage to attract overseas fans even with global broadcasting.

ClaretTony

Post by ClaretTony » Wed Nov 01, 2017 10:39 am

Yearofthefox wrote:Tony, i also overheard a group of either Canadians or Amercians queing behind myself and my wife...its still seems slightly weird how we can manage to attract overseas fans even with global broadcasting.
The Germans were decent lads, once they'd deciphered that it was best for us to converse in English. They did ask me why I was wearing a flower in my coat (poppy). I chose my words sensibly and carefully.

Silkyskills1
Been Liked: 1695 times
Has Liked: 2534 times

Post by Silkyskills1 » Wed Nov 01, 2017 1:29 pm

Good report,CT. Both managers very adept at the defensive side of the game made it intriguing,at least for the committed fans that attended the game. One goal either way always seemed probable but it was us that got it and I said to my son and daughter as we left the ground that I'd left the Turf many times in previous years where very similar games had seen us unable to break the deadlock and the opposition had come out on top. Gritty, determined and ekeing out results is a very satisfactory way to win a game sometimes.

ClaretTony

Post by ClaretTony » Wed Nov 01, 2017 2:48 pm

Silkyskills1 wrote:Good report,CT. Both managers very adept at the defensive side of the game made it intriguing,at least for the committed fans that attended the game. One goal either way always seemed probable but it was us that got it and I said to my son and daughter as we left the ground that I'd left the Turf many times in previous years where very similar games had seen us unable to break the deadlock and the opposition had come out on top. Gritty, determined and ekeing out results is a very satisfactory way to win a game sometimes.
I've seen a lot of games like that over the years that have ended 0-0 or 0-1. We knew just how they would play and how difficult they would be to break down. It's the same with Huddersfield, only difference is if you can get in front against them they do then tend to concede more.