Be very careful if you have a seat near the corner flag

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
strayclaret
Been Liked: 78 times
Has Liked: 93 times

Re: Be very careful if you have a seat near the corner flag

Post by strayclaret » Wed Nov 22, 2017 5:14 pm

Guilty as charged, I remember Sheff u 2008 away when James Beattie scored a penalty right in front of us, I was 3 rows back to the right of the goal, I gave him everything and then on the Yorkshire equivalent of mod I thought I might be seen.
Alas they spanned away to the home fans :D
PS I was 54 years old at the time, several years later I remember weeds away when vokesey scored I was at it again.
You can man take the man out of Keighley, but not the Keighley out of the man. :D
UTC

IanMcL
Been Liked: 6384 times
Has Liked: 8726 times

Post by IanMcL » Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:33 pm

I suspect there are folk with more self control emanating from Keighley.

Damo
Been Liked: 1777 times
Has Liked: 2761 times

Post by Damo » Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:40 pm

Imploding Turtle wrote:Is getting offended by "obscene" hand gestures more or less pathetic than getting offended by people choosing not to buy from certain retailers because of where they advertise?
I know the thread has been deleted, but hand on heart, was anyone offended by stopfundinghate? Or did they just find it a little bit silly?

tim_noone
Been Liked: 4384 times
Has Liked: 15117 times

Post by tim_noone » Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:53 pm

Damo wrote:I know the thread has been deleted, but hand on heart, was anyone offended by stopfundinghate? Or did they just find it a little bit silly?
To be fair this isn't a "hands on heart"?topic
This user liked this post: Damo

kritichris
Been Liked: 135 times
Has Liked: 179 times

Post by kritichris » Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:19 am

I blame those English archers who gave the French the V sign. Obviously if they had known what it was going to lead to they would never have done it and they would have put those red rubber suckers on their arrows.

Imploding Turtle
Been Liked: 5483 times
Has Liked: 2540 times

Post by Imploding Turtle » Thu Nov 23, 2017 4:40 am

Damo wrote:I know the thread has been deleted, but hand on heart, was anyone offended by stopfundinghate? Or did they just find it a little bit silly?

This is how it works, isn't it? When the right complains about something it's always for legitmate reasons - like every year when someone doesn't wear a poppy, or when someone says "happy holidays", or because "they just find it a little bit silly". But when any one else complains about something then it's always because they're offended.

ClaretMoffitt
Been Liked: 1216 times
Has Liked: 807 times

Post by ClaretMoffitt » Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:05 pm

Imploding Turtle wrote:This is how it works, isn't it? When the right complains about something it's always for legitmate reasons - like every year when someone doesn't wear a poppy, or when someone says "happy holidays", or because "they just find it a little bit silly". But when any one else complains about something then it's always because they're offended.
The left generally are offended by everything though. It comes as a result of being pampered all their lives whilst also having a sense of moral superiority.

gandhisflipflop
Been Liked: 2334 times
Has Liked: 1404 times

Post by gandhisflipflop » Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:23 pm

Imploding Turtle wrote:This is how it works, isn't it? When the right complains about something it's always for legitmate reasons - like every year when someone doesn't wear a poppy, or when someone says "happy holidays", or because "they just find it a little bit silly". But when any one else complains about something then it's always because they're offended.

The left get offended by stupid petty things. The right get ****** off with hearing how the left are offended and rightly so. The left then label the right 'snowflakes' in an attempt of irony while the point is completely lost on them.

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:39 pm

gandhisflipflop wrote:The left get offended by stupid petty things. The right get ****** off with hearing how the left are offended and rightly so. The left then label the right 'snowflakes' in an attempt of irony while the point is completely lost on them.

"Snowflake", as i understand it was a right-wing term for those lefties who, as you say, get ridiculously offended at things like "micro-aggressions". The left use it back at those same people on the right because they have a habit of getting so offended by things like advertisers pulling their adverts from right-wing hatemongers that they'll go ahead and destroy their own possessions.

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/world/u ... 89191.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Rick_Muller
Been Liked: 2634 times
Has Liked: 6455 times

Post by Rick_Muller » Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:54 pm

ClaretMoffitt wrote:It comes as a result of being normal all their lives whilst also having moral superiority.
Fixed that for you, you're welcome.

gandhisflipflop
Been Liked: 2334 times
Has Liked: 1404 times

Post by gandhisflipflop » Thu Nov 23, 2017 4:34 pm

Imploding Turtle wrote:"Snowflake", as i understand it was a right-wing term for those lefties who, as you say, get ridiculously offended at things like "micro-aggressions". The left use it back at those same people on the right because they have a habit of getting so offended by things like advertisers pulling their adverts from right-wing hatemongers that they'll go ahead and destroy their own possessions.

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/world/u ... 89191.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Right wing hatemongers.....in your opinion. You know my statement is correct anyway.

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Thu Nov 23, 2017 5:13 pm

gandhisflipflop wrote:Right wing hatemongers.....in your opinion. You know my statement is correct anyway.
And you know mine is.

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Thu Nov 23, 2017 5:21 pm

I think it's more than just opinion to say that Breitbart, for example, are right-wing hatemongers. Do you disagree about them being hatemongers when they have writers like this?

http://www.hopenothate.org.uk/2017/11/2 ... ist-group/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

ClaretMoffitt

Post by ClaretMoffitt » Thu Nov 23, 2017 8:58 pm

Imploding Turtle wrote:I think it's more than just opinion to say that Breitbart, for example, are right-wing hatemongers. Do you disagree about them being hatemongers when they have writers like this?

http://www.hopenothate.org.uk/2017/11/2 ... ist-group/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
No more so than The Independent are left wing hate-mongers.

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:03 pm

ClaretMoffitt wrote:No more so than The Independent are left wing hate-mongers.

Lets compare. You link the words, most hateful Independent article you can find and we'll see if it comes close to the Breitbart i can find.
Go on. I'll wait.

ClaretMoffitt

Post by ClaretMoffitt » Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:18 pm

Imploding Turtle wrote:Lets compare. You link the words, most hateful Independent article you can find and we'll see if it comes close to the Breitbart i can find.
Go on. I'll wait.
http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/com ... 84129.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

https://web.archive.org/web/20150327192 ... 38945.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

https://www.indy100.com/article/how-old ... W1AA_n4nEb" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I wouldn't bother about the breibart thing because I don't read it or like it anyway.

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:33 pm

ClaretMoffitt wrote:http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/com ... 84129.html

https://web.archive.org/web/20150327192 ... 38945.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

https://www.indy100.com/article/how-old ... W1AA_n4nEb" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I wouldn't bother about the breibart thing because I don't read it or like it anyway.

So the best you can come up with is two thoroughly uncontrovertial articles and one edgy opinion article about white men being elected.

And this one is hilarious.

ClaretMoffitt

Post by ClaretMoffitt » Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:36 pm

So calling for the outright denial of people of a certain gender and skin colour from positions of power is ok. But calling someone a "renegade jew" (I don't know what that is but it sounds hilarious) is disgusting?

Also, I like the "dangerous faggot" one. Clearly intended by whoever made your little copypasta image to mislead normies into thinking its about faggots when really it's a direct reference to Milos tour.

I mean, I could go on, but theres no point.

It would convince nobody just as your post has convinced nobody.

Btw, which is the racist proof one? Is it really the regenage jew thing?

Spike
Been Liked: 597 times
Has Liked: 1237 times

Post by Spike » Fri Nov 24, 2017 6:26 am

So really MOTD are doing us all a favour by showing very little of games so that no-one could possibly get a ban