More post brexit referendum good news!!!!

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
RingoMcCartney
Been Liked: 2636 times
Has Liked: 2798 times

Re: More post brexit referendum good news!!!!

Post by RingoMcCartney » Sun Dec 17, 2017 11:27 pm

Claret-On-A-T-Rex wrote:The majority of 'the people' didn't vote for Brexit.

The majority of people who voted, voted for Brexit. There's a big difference.

You jeer and gloat about winning something but that something hasn't happened yet and looks less and less likely by the day.

Absolutely none of what you voted for will be delivered, anyone with an ounce of sense can see that but your triumphant stupdity pretty much makes you the only one plowing this particularly lonely furrow.

I must admit, I'm pretty surprised by your attitude to it all, no matter what is said or done all you can seemingly fall back on is "ner ner ner ner we won".

If you aren't actually a child why on earth would you take pride in debating like one?
Do you question the result of a general election on the same way you are the result of the referendum? The majority off The People don't vote for the winning party. It doesn't stop them forming a government and putting into legislation it's manifesto on which it won.

I'm not jeering or gloating. Perhaps your just a sore loser.?

There's nothing "triumphant" about simply pointing out the facts.

MPs voted by a ratio of 5 to 1 to allow the British people to vote in a referendum.

They didn't expect the result the People delivered.

If you can't accept the fact that one side won the argument by gaining more votes than the other side, it's not my problem it's yours.

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Sun Dec 17, 2017 11:51 pm

Spiral wrote:
By the way, you're a f.ucking retard.

It'd be chivalrous of you to at the very least provide citation to the meme-esque blogpost-sourced quotes you're attempting to pass off as your own profound wisdom.
People who, genuinely, suffer from the condition of retardation, do so through no fault of their own. It's usually caused around the pregnancy, during birth or it can be an inherited condition.

To use it as derogatory term, shows a lack of understanding of the condition and it's potential effects on the sufferer and their families.

To use the term , "f******* retard", as a way to try and slam down or mock some body, because they have a different opinion to you. Shows a clear lack of ability to engage in a reasoned discussion, self awareness and propensity to lower the intellectual contribution of an argument, to something of a very basic level.

Your preference to chose the visceral rather than the intellectual approach to debating, suggests that, it is in fact, you, rather than me, that is lacking when it comes to comprehension, wisdom and perception.

Just saying like....
These 2 users liked this post: biggles Healeywoodclaret

Claret-On-A-T-Rex
Been Liked: 1 time
Has Liked: 831 times

Post by Claret-On-A-T-Rex » Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:22 am

RingoMcCartney wrote:Do you question the result of a general election on the same way you are the result of the referendum? The majority off The People don't vote for the winning party. It doesn't stop them forming a government and putting into legislation it's manifesto on which it won.

I'm not jeering or gloating. Perhaps *your just a sore loser.?

MPs voted by a ratio of 5 to 1 to allow the British people to vote in a referendum.

If you can't accept the fact that one side won the argument by gaining more votes than the other side, it's not my problem it's yours.
Again??

Another load of "ner ner ner ner we won" dribble.

Why do you keep calling me a sore loser when you have no idea which way I voted?

*You + are = you're

as in...

You're an idiot.

Quicknick
Been Liked: 1217 times
Has Liked: 7174 times

Post by Quicknick » Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:34 am

Claret-On-A-T-Rex wrote:The majority of 'the people' didn't vote for Brexit.

The majority of people who voted, voted for Brexit. There's a big difference.

You jeer and gloat about winning something but that something hasn't happened yet and looks less and less likely by the day.

Absolutely none of what you voted for will be delivered, anyone with an ounce of sense can see that but your triumphant stupdity pretty much makes you the only one plowing this particularly lonely furrow.

I must admit, I'm pretty surprised by your attitude to it all, no matter what is said or done all you can seemingly fall back on is "ner ner ner ner we won".

If you aren't actually a child why on earth would you take pride in debating like one?
Good post, Claret-on-a-etc.

Everyone knows that if the vote was repeated, Remain would win by a landslide. People didn't know what they were voting for or the full implications of leaving the EU.

The original OP was one of the most ridiculous ever on this site.
Last edited by Quicknick on Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

Claret-On-A-T-Rex
Been Liked: 1 time
Has Liked: 831 times

Post by Claret-On-A-T-Rex » Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:34 am

RingoMcCartney wrote:Do you question the result of a general election on the same way you are the result of the referendum? The majority off The People don't vote for the winning party. It doesn't stop them forming a government and putting into legislation *it's manifesto on which it won.

I'm not jeering or gloating. Perhaps your just a sore loser.?

the possessive form of the neuter pronoun “it” — his, her, its. A Good Rule of Thumb: If you can replace it with his or her, there's no apostrophe.

Thick as two short planks but somehow convinced you're in the right, typical leave voter.

As pointed out to you a million times, it doesn't matter if leave won, the Brexit you voted for isn't happening, we're adopting all the same regulations in exchange for a workable trade deal and no say in anything in the future. The hard Brexiters are now divided, defeated and outnumbered, May cannot even control her own party, even by threatening deselection.
Her government will deliver an "in-name-only Brexit" to keep morons like you happy and, being a moron, you'll believe it.
This user liked this post: Quicknick

Quicknick
Been Liked: 1217 times
Has Liked: 7174 times

Post by Quicknick » Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:37 am

Claret-On-A-T-Rex wrote:the possessive form of the neuter pronoun “it” — his, her, its. A Good Rule of Thumb: If you can replace it with his or her, there's no apostrophe.

Thick as two short planks but somehow convinced you're in the right, typical leave voter.

As pointed out to you a million times, it doesn't matter if leave won, the Brexit you voted for isn't happening, we're adopting all the same regulations in exchange for a workable trade deal and no say in anything in the future. The hard Brexiters are now divided, defeated and outnumbered, May cannot even control her own party, even by threatening deselection.
Her government will deliver an "in-name-only Brexit" to keep morons like you happy and, being a moron, you'll believe it.
Another good post. You are right. He is a moron.

nil_desperandum
Been Liked: 1827 times
Has Liked: 3964 times

Post by nil_desperandum » Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:44 am

Just to add some stats to the above posts.
In a one-off vote, a snap-shot of public opinion at one particular moment in time:
Approx 17 million voted leave
Approx 16 million remain
Approx 13 million didn't vote and
Approx 18 million were ineligible to vote for one reason or another
So whilst it's true that "leave" had a narrow victory, it is impossible to claim with any certainty that it has the backing of the majority of the population.
This user liked this post: Quicknick

Paul Waine
Been Liked: 2349 times
Has Liked: 3177 times

Post by Paul Waine » Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:56 am

nil_desperandum wrote:Just to add some stats to the above posts.
In a one-off vote, a snap-shot of public opinion at one particular moment in time:
Approx 16 million remain
So whilst it's true that "leave" had a narrow victory, it is impossible to claim with any certainty that it has the backing of the majority of the population.
Hi nil_d,

who are the "18 million?" I've not seen that figure before.
What was the turn out in the referendum?

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:58 am

Quicknick wrote:Good post, Claret-on-a-etc.

Everyone knows that if the vote was repeated, Remain would win by a landslide. People didn't know what they were voting for or the full implications of leaving the EU.

"Everyone knows that if the vote was repeated, Remain would win by a landslide."

Do they!? On what basis have you drawn that conclusion? An opinion poll? Didn't those same polling companies also predict a victory for Remain BEFORE the only poll that mattered? Namely the referendum. They were wrong. Leave won.

"People didn't know what they were voting for"

After months of debating, tv, radio, referendum broadcasts for both sides, leaders debates.

An official pamphlet was sent to every single household in the land. This was given the official stamp of approval by the electoral commission. It described, in plain English, what would happen in the event of the People deciding to either Leave or Remain in the European Union.

A question was put on the ballot paper. This too was approved by the electoral commission.

It asked a simple, straight forward question.

Do you want to remain or leave the European Union?

After 40 years of experiencing what membership meant. The majority of the British People voted Leave.

aggi
Been Liked: 2113 times

Post by aggi » Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:00 am

Paul Waine wrote:Hi nil_d,

I imagine a large part were children plus various immigrants who weren't eligible to vote (think about 3m are immigrants for instance).

Paul Waine
Been Liked: 2349 times
Has Liked: 3177 times

Post by Paul Waine » Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:09 am

aggi wrote:I imagine a large part were children plus various immigrants who weren't eligible to vote (think about 3m are immigrants for instance).
So, the 18 million aren't the electorate that "missed out" on voting but persons who aren't part of the electorate?

nil_d, is this what you are saying?

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:15 am

Claret-On-A-T-Rex wrote:the possessive form of the neuter pronoun “it” — his, her, its. A Good Rule of Thumb: If you can replace it with his or her, there's no apostrophe.

When you have to resort to highlighting grammatical, spelling and punctuation you've already lost the argument. This is not the Spectator or The New Statemen. It's a football message board. I post on my phone which uses predictive text and auto correct which obviously leads to errors. If you had the necessary maturity to accept, and be willing to overlook these irrelevant "mistakes." I'd be prepared to give your opinion of me, a higher regard.

However, with this childish inability to stop taking on the role of the self appointed spelling, grammar and punctuation police. Combined with the propensity to simply call me a moron as many times as possible. Simply because I have a different view to yourself. I'll treat this with the contempt they deserve.

Hope that helps......

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:21 am

nil_desperandum wrote:Just to add some stats to the above posts.
Approx 16 million remain

When MPs voted by a ratio of 5 to 1, to give decision as to whether or not to leave or Remain in the European Union , to the British People, in the form of referendum. Was there any criteria that specified a prerequisite percentage of votes had to be cast in order for the result to be valid or not?

No.

Lancasterclaret
Been Liked: 8058 times
Has Liked: 4714 times

Post by Lancasterclaret » Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:05 am

Sidney1st
Been Liked: 3547 times
Has Liked: 5594 times

Post by Sidney1st » Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:10 am

Quicknick wrote:Good post, Claret-on-a-etc.

The original OP was one of the most ridiculous ever on this site.
Remain thought they'd win last time and that didn't work out well.

Also, people still don't know the full implications of leaving the EU because not a lot has been negotiated or agreed upon yet.

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:42 pm

Sidney1st wrote:Remain thought they'd win last time and that didn't work out well.

Also, people still don't know the full implications of leaving the EU because not a lot has been negotiated or agreed upon yet.
To be fair Sid, the full implications of Remaining in the EU are an unknown too.

What is known is that "ever closer union" is enshrined in the following:

Treaty of Rome

Solemn Declaration on European Union

Single European Act

Maastricht Treaty

Amsterdam and Nice

Lisbon Treaty.

(Where were the likes of Clarke, Heseltine, Mandelson, Clegg, Bliar, Ashdown, Gina Miller, Starmer, Kinnock, Adonis, Soubery etc., when parliamentary scrutiny was required while simultaneously, giving more and more of British sovereignty away. A sovereignty that they're now claiming to care so so much about?)

Talk of the euro currency and passport-free Schengen zone COULD be compulsory. As would join in a European defence union. More decisions could be taken by qualified majority votes, including on sensitive areas such as tax, with talk on an appointed EU minsister with powers to over ride national sovereignty. And arch federalist are sympathetic to transnational candidates standing in European elections – ie MEPs representing Europe, rather than a specific region. The withdrawal of funding of minor parties while larger (mainly pro-EU) parties will get more!

When people voted Remain, how many were voting to stay in a body that has an openly admitted policy to morph into a Supersate?
Last edited by RingoMcCartney on Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Spiral
Been Liked: 2522 times
Has Liked: 335 times

Post by Spiral » Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:12 pm

RingoMcCartney wrote:People who, genuinely, suffer from the condition of retardation, do so through no fault of their own. It's usually caused around the pregnancy, during birth or it can be an inherited condition.

To use it as derogatory term, shows a lack of understanding of the condition and it's potential effects on the sufferer and their families.

To use the term , "f******* retard", as a way to try and slam down or mock some body, because they have a different opinion to you. Shows a clear lack of ability to engage in a reasoned discussion, self awareness and propensity to lower the intellectual contribution of an argument, to something of a very basic level.

Your preference to chose the visceral rather than the intellectual approach to debating, suggests that, it is in fact, you, rather than me, that is lacking when it comes to comprehension, wisdom and perception.

Just saying like....
...And the pot said to the kettle, "you lost, get over it!"

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:19 pm

Spiral wrote:...And the pot said to the kettle, "you lost, get over it!"
Show me a single one of my posts that uses the term "f******** retard"

Just one, just a single one.

Not quite as gobby this afternoon are we!?
This user liked this post: Healeywoodclaret

nil_desperandum

Post by nil_desperandum » Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:40 pm

Paul Waine wrote:Hi nil_d,

Hi Paul,
Simple Maths really. Find the total of people eligible to vote in the referendum and subtract it from the "official" population.
So of that ineligible 18 million, just over 3 million are EU citizens [who vote in local elections, and EU elections and are eligible for Jury service, but not allowed to vote in Gen Elections or the referendum]; several million (I don't know the exact figure) are non-EU immigrants who aren't British citizens, (many of whom will be doctors, nurses, and professional people who we rely on); then there are those who were eligible, but who simply weren't on the electoral register at the time. This is a particular issue for students since they changed the rules for registration; and finally, of course, the under 18s.
(Now you could make quite a reasonable argument to discount the under 18s from this list, but bear in mind that by the planned end of the "transitional period" (i.e. March 2021), anyone who was over 13 at the time of the referendum will by then be 18.)
So the "don't knows (i.e. eligible and registered, but didn't vote) plus those who were not eligible for a variety of reasons totals just over 31 million.
(The figures are in the public domain).

UpTheBeehole
Been Liked: 1157 times
Has Liked: 496 times

Post by UpTheBeehole » Mon Dec 18, 2017 2:02 pm

What do you know about the crash in Reedley this weekend Ringo?

Spiral

Post by Spiral » Mon Dec 18, 2017 2:02 pm

RingoMcCartney wrote:Show me a single one of my posts that uses the term "f******** retard"

Just one, just a single one.

Not quite as gobby this afternoon are we!?
Ha! UTC's premier $hitposter arguing in favour of rational debate. What a tw@t! You can't even see your own hypocrisy.

What am I talking about? Of course you can, but I suppose Russian troll farms aren't exactly renowned for their sincerity.

So back on topic, Europe...communist superstate or neoliberal globalist oligarchy? I struggle to see how it can be both.

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Mon Dec 18, 2017 2:03 pm

nil_desperandum wrote:Hi Paul,
Simple Maths really. Find the total of people eligible to vote in the referendum and subtract it from the "official" population.
So of that ineligible 18 million, just over 3 million are EU citizens [who vote in local elections, and EU elections and are eligible for Jury service, but not allowed to vote in Gen Elections or the referendum]; several million (I don't know the exact figure) are non-EU immigrants who aren't British citizens, (many of whom will be doctors, nurses, and professional people who we rely on); then there are those who were eligible, but who simply weren't on the electoral register at the time. This is a particular issue for students since they changed the rules for registration; and finally, of course, the under 18s.
(Now you could make quite a reasonable argument to discount the under 18s from this list, but bear in mind that by the planned end of the "transitional period" (i.e. March 2021), anyone who was over 13 at the time of the referendum will by then be 18.)
So the "don't knows (i.e. eligible and registered, but didn't vote) plus those who were not eligible for a variety of reasons totals just over 31 million.
(The figures are in the public domain).
In a referendum the people who are eligible to vote can exercise their right to vote. 52% (17,410,742) voted leave 48% (16,141,241) voted remain. The eligible people who decide not to vote, have every right to do just that. But in what way, shape or form does their decision not to vote, have any bearing on the result that arose, from the votes cast by the eligible people who did?

People chosing not to vote, does not deligitimise the result of the June 2016 Referendum.

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Mon Dec 18, 2017 2:08 pm

Spiral wrote:Ha! UTC's premier $hitposter arguing in favour of rational debate. What a tw@t! You can't even see your own hypocrisy.

What am I talking about? Of course you can, but I suppose Russian troll farms aren't exactly renowned for their sincerity.

So back on topic, Europe...communist superstate or neoliberal globalist oligarchy? I struggle to see how it can be both.
Do you really think im going to entertain somebody whos just called me a t***. Do you know what I mean? Like I say, one example of me using the term f****** retard. Just one.

Till then.

Off you pop!

nil_desperandum

Post by nil_desperandum » Mon Dec 18, 2017 2:59 pm

RingoMcCartney wrote:In a referendum the people who are eligible to vote can exercise their right to vote. 52% (17,410,742) voted leave 48% (16,141,241) voted remain. The eligible people who decide not to vote, have every right to do just that. But in what way, shape or form does their decision not to vote, have any bearing on the result that arose, from the votes cast by the eligible people who did?

People chosing not to vote, does not deligitimise the result of the June 2016 Referendum.
You're making a different argument. The point being made is whether the country as a whole favoured leaving the EU in 2016, whether it currently does and whether it will in 2021.
I did not claim that the referendum wasn't legitimate. It was what it was - a poorly worded question that was put to approx two thirds of the population, and to which 72% responded. Nonetheless "you won" on the day.
The country does not just consist of those who were eligible and registered to vote on the day.
You won't agree, but I think it's a bit s*** really that the surgeon who pretty much saved my life 8 years ago, and who has been one of the top surgeons in the country for about 25 years, (and paying huge amounts of tax etc.), was ineligible to register because he was born and trained in Korea.

Spiral

Post by Spiral » Mon Dec 18, 2017 3:03 pm

Well it's obvious to everyone that I wasn't actually accusing you of hypocrisy for objecting to the use of the word retard and it's also plain to see that your hysterics are to deflect from the the hole(s) you've dug yourself into. You're about one hysterical bout of faux-indignation away from being accused of treading on 'virtue signalling' or 'snowflake' grounds, or whatever. Not by me, mind. I wouldn't want to be accused of plagiarising your style.

Sidney1st

Post by Sidney1st » Mon Dec 18, 2017 3:04 pm

RingoMcCartney wrote:In a referendum the people who are eligible to vote can exercise their right to vote. 52% (17,410,742) voted leave 48% (16,141,241) voted remain. The eligible people who decide not to vote, have every right to do just that. But in what way, shape or form does their decision not to vote, have any bearing on the result that arose, from the votes cast by the eligible people who did?

Oh the arguments I've seen about not voting.
Apparently the non-voters should've voted remain if they weren't sure about which side to go with :lol:

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Mon Dec 18, 2017 3:15 pm

Sidney1st wrote:Oh the arguments I've seen about not voting.
Apparently the non-voters should've voted remain if they weren't sure about which side to go with :lol:
There is an unhealthy habit adopted by many on the losing Remain side of thinking like this:

"I, as enlightened Remainer, am much too intelligent to let my views be swayed by the likes of the right-wing press or Facebook trolls. Unfortunately, the Brexiteers are incapable of critical thought. Therefore lift their opinions directly from the pages of The Mail, the Sun, the Telegraph or other-peoples' social-media. It is, utterly. inconceivable that they could have formed their opinions independently; after all, independent thinkers would only ever vote to Remain in the EU. Just like me."

Sound familiar?............ ;)

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Mon Dec 18, 2017 3:17 pm

Spiral wrote:Well it's obvious to everyone that I wasn't actually accusing you of hypocrisy for objecting to the use of the word retard and it's also plain to see that your hysterics are to deflect from the the hole(s) you've dug yourself into. You're about one hysterical bout of faux-indignation away from being accused of treading on 'virtue signalling' or 'snowflake' grounds, or whatever. Not by me, mind. I wouldn't want to be accused of plagiarising your style.
Starting to sound needy now fella. Jog on.

Spiral

Post by Spiral » Mon Dec 18, 2017 3:20 pm

The old 'act offended in hope that the conversation disappears' act. Is the EU a communist superstate, yes or no? It's a really simple question but I want to see if you can bring yourself to actually post the answer.

biggles
Been Liked: 182 times
Has Liked: 156 times

Post by biggles » Mon Dec 18, 2017 3:29 pm

well done Ringo. great to see the apoplexy youv'e created in these remainers. so entertaining. youve' suffered obscene insults and abuse from them [and we are told its' us leavers who are uneducated]! you've been taught english grammar and shown where you went wrong by voting to leave the car-crash that is the EU. those EU politicians do'nt like it one bit that we'v'e seen through their evil plans to fully control our future and we have opened the door, ever so slightly, for other nations to follow. the UK doesnt' follow; weve' always lead and will manage very well, thank you, without the EUS'' dictatorial management. keep going Ringo, 'its a hoot. :lol: hope i not made any punktuation or spilling mistakes. ;)

Imploding Turtle
Been Liked: 5483 times
Has Liked: 2540 times

Post by Imploding Turtle » Mon Dec 18, 2017 3:58 pm

RingoMcCartney wrote:People who, genuinely, suffer from the condition of retardation, do so through no fault of their own. It's usually caused around the pregnancy, during birth or it can be an inherited condition.

Just saying like....

So what you're saying is that it's really insulting to retarded people to call you retarded? I couldn't agree more.

Erasmus
Been Liked: 574 times
Has Liked: 44 times

Post by Erasmus » Mon Dec 18, 2017 4:21 pm

I was nearly one of those who didn't vote for the simple reason that I didn't think I was qualified to vote. The arguments were so complicated, and often dishonest, so that the whole process of the referendum seemed wrong-headed. I did vote remain in the end, but only because I detected a racist element creeping in to the Leave side and I didn't want to tolerate that. I also had an instinct that if Johnson and Gove were in favour of something then it was probably wrong. But I still don't think that qualified me to vote.

And I still don't really understand why people voted to leave. Is the country going to be better off now? Will we have more to spend on the health service? And what is this sovereignty business all about? I have been alive since we joined the Common Market and I have never noticed anything that infringed on my sovereignty or that of anyone I know. So why is that such a big deal?

Sidney1st

Post by Sidney1st » Mon Dec 18, 2017 4:47 pm

So did you vote remain because you didn't trust Boris and Give?

UpTheBeehole
Been Liked: 1157 times
Has Liked: 496 times

Post by UpTheBeehole » Mon Dec 18, 2017 4:51 pm

Sidney1st wrote:So did you vote remain because you didn't trust Boris and Give?
Do you trust Johnson and Gove?

Sidney1st

Post by Sidney1st » Mon Dec 18, 2017 4:57 pm

UpTheBeehole wrote:Do you trust Johnson and Gove?
Anyone who trusts any of our politicans needs their head looking at.

If it's a toss up between them or their Labour counterparts it's a rock and a hard place scenario really.

Erasmus
Been Liked: 574 times
Has Liked: 44 times

Post by Erasmus » Mon Dec 18, 2017 5:24 pm

I have got the impression that in their own different ways both Johnson and Gove are extremists who would sacrifice national prosperity for the sake of political ideology. They are not the ones feeling the pinch from inflation because they are rich. But mainly it was the racist tendency, however slight, in the Leave voices that prompted me to vote in the end.

In response to the initial post, which seems a long time ago now, there doesn't seem to be much mystery or unadulterated good news. Order books are probably full because of the devaluation of the pound after the referendum so exports are more competitive. The downside is that it has caused inflation that has made most of us poorer. Overall, I would say it is more bad news than good as we all suffer from higher food prices but we don't all enjoy the benefits of full order books

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Mon Dec 18, 2017 5:31 pm

biggles wrote:well done Ringo. great to see the apoplexy youv'e created in these remainers. so entertaining. youve' suffered obscene insults and abuse from them [and we are told its' us leavers who are uneducated]! you've been taught english grammar and shown where you went wrong by voting to leave the car-crash that is the EU. those EU politicians do'nt like it one bit that we'v'e seen through their evil plans to fully control our future and we have opened the door, ever so slightly, for other nations to follow. the UK doesnt' follow; weve' always lead and will manage very well, thank you, without the EUS'' dictatorial management. keep going Ringo, 'its a hoot. :lol: hope i not made any punktuation or spilling mistakes. ;)
Cheers fella. You're not the only one who appreciates my contributions. Ive spoken to a number of people who arent even registered to post, but check the website out for, mainly, footy related stuff to be honest. But they do look at some of the political stuff. They know who I am and say pretty much what you're saying. The one thing that crops up time and time again, is the apparent mis-match in discussions, re Brexit. I have an opinion. While Remoaners seem to believe they've acquainted themselves with a golden, unambiguous enlightened database of facts. Sadly, for Remoaners, the only tangible validation, that they, do indeed, posess anything more than just an opinion. Is that the fact that they're saying it is! :lol: :lol:

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Mon Dec 18, 2017 5:38 pm

Imploding Turtle wrote:So what you're saying is that it's really insulting to retarded people to call you retarded? I couldn't agree more.
Actually yes! I agree with you Imploding Turtles Head. The term "F***** retard" shouldnt be used as a derogatory remark.

Thanks for your input my, "Zero In A Half Shell " friend! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Spiral

Post by Spiral » Mon Dec 18, 2017 5:41 pm

biggles wrote:well done Ringo. great to see the apoplexy youv'e created in these remainers. so entertaining. youve' suffered obscene insults and abuse from them [and we are told its' us leavers who are uneducated]! you've been taught english grammar and shown where you went wrong by voting to leave the car-crash that is the EU. those EU politicians do'nt like it one bit that we'v'e seen through their evil plans to fully control our future and we have opened the door, ever so slightly, for other nations to follow. the UK doesnt' follow; weve' always lead and will manage very well, thank you, without the EUS'' dictatorial management. keep going Ringo, 'its a hoot. :lol: hope i not made any punktuation or spilling mistakes. ;)
Do TheBotCalledRingoMcCartney's balls taste as salty as you're going to feel when we eventually settle on 'stupid brexit' and/or see an influx of immigrants from the commonwealth?

biggles

Post by biggles » Mon Dec 18, 2017 5:57 pm

Spiral wrote:Do TheBotCalledRingoMcCartney's balls taste as salty as you're going to feel when we eventually settle on 'stupid brexit' and/or see an influx of immigrants from the commonwealth?
in english that would be?
This user liked this post: RingoMcCartney

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Mon Dec 18, 2017 6:13 pm

Spiral wrote:Do TheBotCalledRingoMcCartney's balls taste as salty as you're going to feel when we eventually settle on 'stupid brexit' and/or see an influx of immigrants from the commonwealth?

Can you imagine how salty they're going to be when there's a second referendum because polling shows a significant shift in opinion towards Remain? I'm really looking forward to that.

Spiral

Post by Spiral » Mon Dec 18, 2017 6:19 pm

The response to a narrow remain win would test to destruction the sincerity of the held belief in the 'will of the people'.

biggles

Post by biggles » Mon Dec 18, 2017 6:19 pm

maybe you guys have suffered enough and deserve a bit of luck?

bluelabrador16
Been Liked: 79 times
Has Liked: 125 times

Post by bluelabrador16 » Mon Dec 18, 2017 6:25 pm

The Brussels Business - Who Runs the EU ?
"THE BRUSSELS BUSINESS is a docu-thriller that dives into the grey zone underneath European democracy. An expedition into the world of the 15,000 lobbyists in the EU-capital, of the PR-conglomerates, think tanks and their all embracing networks of power and their close ties to the political elites."
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xMuUEd6w54E" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Recommended by....Tony Gosling of BCfm Radio

randomclaret2
Been Liked: 2757 times
Has Liked: 4318 times

Post by randomclaret2 » Mon Dec 18, 2017 6:44 pm

Has someone actually suggested a second referendum is held because of an opinion poll ?

Sidney1st

Post by Sidney1st » Mon Dec 18, 2017 6:48 pm

People wanted a second referendum immediately after the first one, don't be surprised if someone has suggested having another after an opinion poll.

Remain camp will keep suggesting there should be another until it happens and they get the result they want.

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:18 pm

randomclaret2 wrote:Has someone actually suggested a second referendum is held because of an opinion poll ?
You better believe it!!

General Election. 18 months down the line Government has put through unpopular legislation. Popularity dips as a consequnce. "Right thats it!! We're going to the country!!!" Scream the oppostion. Happens all the time. NOT. :roll:

Mind you it comes from the same source that said the brief fall in the FTSE 100, a day or 2 after the referendum. Was unequivocal proof, that the economy had actually collapsed! :lol: :lol:

Unsuprisingly the same source has not been quite as keen, to describe the FTSE 100 reaching record levels, since the referendum, as proof that the economy has boomed!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:20 pm

Sidney1st wrote:People wanted a second referendum immediately after the first one, don't be surprised if someone has suggested having another after an opinion poll.

Remain camp will keep suggesting there should be another until it happens and they get the result they want.
I didn't. Because there was no reason to believe that there had been a significant change in public opinion. Now there is.

And the argument that we shouldn't be allowed the opportunity to change our mind by havign a second referendum because we want unlimited referendums until we get the result we want is as asinine now as it was 18 months ago. It's a weak as **** argument.

Here's a challenge. Explain to me that actual reason why we shouldn't have a second referendum. Since we were given the right to vote on it in the first place, explain to me why you believe we shouldn't have the right to change our mind.

Surely a decision as massive and impactful as this one should at least be made with as much certainty as a contestant answering a question on a Chris Tarrant quiz show. But if not, why not?
Measure twice, cut once.

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:21 pm

Sidney1st wrote:People wanted a second referendum immediately after the first one, don't be surprised if someone has suggested having another after an opinion poll.

Sometimes referred to as the neverendum, or alternatively the best of 3/5/7.(insert number until required result is achieved)

martin_p
Been Liked: 3765 times
Has Liked: 696 times

Post by martin_p » Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:25 pm

randomclaret2 wrote:Has someone actually suggested a second referendum is held because of an opinion poll ?
Well it’s the reason the first one was held. Although it was UKIP polling well rather than ‘leave’.