More post brexit referendum good news!!!!

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Chip Harrison
Been Liked: 126 times
Has Liked: 328 times

Re: More post brexit referendum good news!!!!

Post by Chip Harrison » Thu Nov 23, 2017 1:41 pm

RingoMcCartney wrote:Well well.

The UTC graph chimp turns down a chance to prove me wrong AND produce a graph!

You see turtles head. Look at post 21 in this thread. I point out that you were conspicuous by your absence. And wasn't it the case that you never let the opportunity of producing a self loathing anti brexit graph pass. But remained some what reticent when it came to providing graphs when it was excellent news.

I noticed you'd given a "like" to a post and knew you'd come out turtle slumber after no doubt being up all night supplying graphs all over the web. So I dropped in the "false" claim to smoke you out of the turtle bunker. (Do you genuinely think I hadn't already checked the age split of voters in the 1975 referendum!!!!!!)

And it worked a treat! :lol: :lol:

After remaining silent on a good news thread you were in!! :lol:

Shouldve waited a little longer and I'm sure the pie charts would have been flowing !! :lol:
What a ridiculous reply.
This user liked this post: Dejavu

RingoMcCartney
Been Liked: 2636 times
Has Liked: 2798 times

Post by RingoMcCartney » Thu Nov 23, 2017 1:49 pm

aggi wrote:Ringo's technique of arguing is make an unfounded claim.

If people ask him where he got it from he'll say prove that I'm wrong.

Obviously proving a negative can be awkward but fairly often evidence will be provided that he's wrong. He'll then dismiss the evidence on the basis that it doesn't fit his very specific criteria (or just ignore it). Sometimes he'll use CAPITALS to reinforce his point because they're better than facts.

Evidence-based debate isn't really his forte. He's been proven factually wrong a couple of times on this page alone and he just carries on regardless
My claim is that Remoaners are miserable, self loathing, types. Who dream of economic masochism to prove they were right.

Where's my evidence for such a claim.

Well, a quick glance back thru this thread will show there's not a single begrudging acceptance by Remoaners that manufacturing order books being at their highest since 1988. Is anything other than fantastic news......

I rest my case.

Imploding Turtle
Been Liked: 5483 times
Has Liked: 2540 times

Post by Imploding Turtle » Thu Nov 23, 2017 1:56 pm

aggi wrote:Ringo's technique of arguing is make an unfounded claim.

If people ask him where he got it from he'll say prove that I'm wrong.

Obviously proving a negative can be awkward but fairly often evidence will be provided that he's wrong. He'll then dismiss the evidence on the basis that it doesn't fit his very specific criteria (or just ignore it). Sometimes he'll use CAPITALS to reinforce his point because they're better than facts.

Evidence-based debate isn't really his forte. He's been proven factually wrong a couple of times on this page alone and he just carries on regardless
Proving a negative is impossible when Ringo makes a claim like he has done. I've looked. There's no easily findable evidence to support his clam that the vast majority of under 25s voted to join. And he's repeatedly refused requests to provide his source. So it's fair to conclude that he's just made it up.

It's pretty sad really.

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Thu Nov 23, 2017 2:12 pm

Imploding Turtle wrote:Proving a negative is impossible when Ringo makes a claim like he has done. I've looked. There's no easily findable evidence to support his clam that the vast majority of under 25s voted to join. And he's repeatedly refused requests to provide his source. So it's fair to conclude that he's just made it up.

It's pretty sad really.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Stop squirming! You were had. Hook line and sinker.

Ringo 1. The Halitosis Kid 0.

Consider yourself well and truly Ringoed!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Lancasterclaret
Been Liked: 8058 times
Has Liked: 4714 times

Post by Lancasterclaret » Thu Nov 23, 2017 2:15 pm

Ladies and gentlemen, political debate in the era of Trump and Farage
This user liked this post: Greenmile

dsr
Been Liked: 4577 times
Has Liked: 2268 times

Post by dsr » Thu Nov 23, 2017 2:17 pm

Imploding Turtle wrote:Proving a negative is impossible when Ringo makes a claim like he has done. I've looked. There's no easily findable evidence to support his clam that the vast majority of under 25s voted to join. And he's repeatedly refused requests to provide his source. So it's fair to conclude that he's just made it up.

It's pretty sad really.
Here's one from the LSE that says 62% of 18-29 year olds voted Remain in 1975.

http://blogs.lse.ac.uk/brexit/2017/07/3 ... cepticism/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Thu Nov 23, 2017 2:18 pm

dsr wrote:Here's one from the LSE that says 62% of 18-29 year olds voted Remain in 1975.

http://blogs.lse.ac.uk/brexit/2017/07/3 ... cepticism/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I'm aware of that one. Thanks.

Bordeauxclaret
Been Liked: 3340 times
Has Liked: 1959 times

Post by Bordeauxclaret » Thu Nov 23, 2017 2:18 pm

So you’ve made something up then when you get called on it you claim it was a joke?

Oh dear.

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Thu Nov 23, 2017 2:24 pm

dsr wrote:Here's one from the LSE that says 62% of 18-29 year olds voted Remain in 1975.

Finally some data!

Well better late than never!!!

But my bit of fun with the resident "it's Armageddon and here's a graph to prove it" provider, turtles head. Would have been complete if he'd totally fallen for the bait. ( I think Lancaster spooked him!) And he'd done what I wanted him to do.

Apparently he's all out of graphs and stats that show unequivocally, it's the end of the world due to brexit.

Imploding Turtles Head -

Who ate all the pie charts!? :lol: :lol:

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Thu Nov 23, 2017 2:27 pm

Bordeauxclaret wrote:So you’ve made something up then when you get called on it you claim it was a joke?

Oh dear.

I think he's embarrassed.

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Thu Nov 23, 2017 2:28 pm

Yes that's the very same one that I looked at prior to my turtle based bushwackery!! :lol:

Just wanted to make sure I'd got my facts "right" :lol:

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Thu Nov 23, 2017 2:28 pm

Imploding Turtle wrote:I think he's embarrassed.
:lol: :lol:

If it be your will
Been Liked: 500 times
Has Liked: 509 times

Post by If it be your will » Thu Nov 23, 2017 2:30 pm

That's the interesting thing here, Ringo genuinely thinks he 'won' that little exchange. It's mind boggling to think that, but I honestly believe it.

If it be your will

Post by If it be your will » Thu Nov 23, 2017 2:37 pm

Bordeauxclaret wrote:Voting Leave isn’t the reason people think Ringo is thick to be fair.
Is he, though? Ringo is deeply angry, and it's made him a bit bonkers over time, but I actually don't think he is thick.

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Thu Nov 23, 2017 2:38 pm

RingoMcCartney wrote:Yes that's the very same one that I looked at prior to my turtle based bushwackery!! :lol:

Just wanted to make sure I'd got my facts "right" :lol:

No it's not. It says nothing about the vast majority of under 25s voting anything. And it can't even be inferred from the information it does offer because there's a negative correlation between voter age and level of scepticism.

Just be honest. You made it up and didn't expect to be asked to verify your claim.

I'm going to be doing this more often with your claims now, so make sure you don't make up facts to support your arguments in future.
This user liked this post: fatboy47

Bordeauxclaret
Been Liked: 3340 times
Has Liked: 1959 times

Post by Bordeauxclaret » Thu Nov 23, 2017 2:47 pm

If it be your will wrote:Is he, though? Ringo is deeply angry, and it's made him a bit bonkers over time, but I actually don't think he is thick.

Judging by his performance on here over the past months I’d say yes.
Incoherent, lack of understanding, lack of comprehension. All adds up to one of two things. Thick or drunk.
He doesn’t like being called drunk.
This user liked this post: If it be your will

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Thu Nov 23, 2017 2:50 pm

If it be your will wrote:Is he, though? Ringo is deeply angry, and it's made him a bit bonkers over time, but I actually don't think he is thick.
Genuinely laughing here!

I can assure you I'm defo not angry! But thanks for the back handed compliment! ;)
This user liked this post: If it be your will

Devils_Advocate
Been Liked: 5209 times
Has Liked: 921 times

Post by Devils_Advocate » Thu Nov 23, 2017 2:53 pm

Got to give him some credit for his Turtle Bunker and UTC Graph Chimp putdowns to IT. If he could focus on just trolling IT and not really getting involved in any serious discussions he could easily become the most entertaining poster on here

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Thu Nov 23, 2017 2:55 pm

Imploding Turtle wrote:No it's not. It says nothing about the vast majority of under 25s voting anything. And it can't even be inferred from the information it does offer because there's a negative correlation between voter age and level of scepticism.

Just be honest. You made it up and didn't expect to be asked to verify your claim.

I'm going to be doing this more often with your claims now, so make sure you don't make up facts to support your arguments in future.
"And it can't even be inferred from the information it does offer because there's a negative correlation between voter age and level of scepticism."

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Is that the sound of an imploding turtle meeting himself coming back as he ties himself in knots!? :lol:

No! It's just desperation! :lol:

This is actually funnier than my original idea !!!

Brilliant!! :lol:

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Thu Nov 23, 2017 2:57 pm

Devils_Advocate wrote:Got to give him some credit for his Turtle Bunker and UTC Graph Chimp putdowns to IT. If he could focus on just trolling IT and not really getting involved in any serious discussions he could easily become the most entertaining poster on here
You may be onto something there!

Do they do half season tickets for Turtle baiting!? :D

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Thu Nov 23, 2017 2:59 pm

Devils_Advocate wrote:Got to give him some credit for his Turtle Bunker and UTC Graph Chimp putdowns to IT. If he could focus on just trolling IT and not really getting involved in any serious discussions he could easily become the most entertaining poster on here

The guy's a bluffer. Notice how he's first refused to provide supporting evidence and then latched onto the first piece of evidence that someone posted, which doesn't even support his claim. And all the while pretending to have some master scheme to sucker me into first asking him to support his claim and then to have an expectation of how i'll refute him. Yet he's failed to offer a crumb of information at all.

This would still be funny if i wasn't playing poker right now.

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Thu Nov 23, 2017 3:10 pm

The weekend started early for me lads! :lol:

Just need 3 points off Arsenal and that's me!! :D

dsr
Been Liked: 4577 times
Has Liked: 2268 times

Post by dsr » Thu Nov 23, 2017 3:12 pm

Imploding Turtle wrote:No it's not. It says nothing about the vast majority of under 25s voting anything. And it can't even be inferred from the information it does offer because there's a negative correlation between voter age and level of scepticism.

What it says is that the majority of under 25's voted Remain unless 88% or more of 26-29's voted Remain.

If you take 72% as the likely maximum of 26-29's who voted remain (72% is the figure for 30-44) then you get 57% of 18-25's voting remain.

If you take the theoretical (but statistically impossible) maximum that every 26-29 year old voted Remain, then we're down to 43% remainers - which is still a big swing towards Leave by the over 65's last year!

RocketLawnChair
Been Liked: 1 time
Has Liked: 835 times

Post by RocketLawnChair » Thu Nov 23, 2017 3:16 pm

It amazes me how much spare time some of you ******* have.

In terms of forum trends Ringo McCartney is without doubt absolute box office, He only has to put in but the merest of fleeting appearances and the subject traffic increases almost tenfold. And you lot all keep falling for it, I am beginning to think this man could be a marketable commodity such is the attraction. The mans a genius!

BRING OUT THE RINGO, BRING OUT THE RINGO,,,
This user liked this post: RingoMcCartney

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Thu Nov 23, 2017 3:23 pm

RocketLawnChair wrote:It amazes me how much spare time some of you ******* have.

It amazes me how much of your spare time you chose to spend thinking about me.

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Thu Nov 23, 2017 3:26 pm

RocketLawnChair wrote:It amazes me how much spare time some of you ******* have.

In terms of forum trends Ringo McCartney is without doubt absolute box office, He only has to put in but the merest of fleeting appearances and the subject traffic increases almost tenfold. And you lot all keep falling for it, I am beginning to think this man could be a marketable commodity such is the attraction. The mans a genius!

BRING OUT THE RINGO, BRING OUT THE RINGO,,,
I've been called a lot off things pal.

But "genius" is one that I've just had to get used to over the years!! :o

As for being "box office". I'm not sure about that. But don't panic ladies and gents. I'm here all week. Discount for families available in the foyer! ;)

RocketLawnChair

Post by RocketLawnChair » Thu Nov 23, 2017 3:31 pm

Imploding Turtle wrote:It amazes me how much of your spare time you chose to spend thinking about me.

Where have I mentioned you in my post, examples please.

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Thu Nov 23, 2017 3:36 pm

RocketLawnChair wrote:Where have I mentioned you in my post, examples please.
You've referred to me and spare time before. If you weren't referring to me in any way then i stand corrected this time, but i'm sure i was one of them.

https://i.gyazo.com/c6393390ac1eb72e048 ... 51a062.png" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

RocketLawnChair

Post by RocketLawnChair » Thu Nov 23, 2017 3:40 pm

Imploding Turtle wrote:You've referred to me and spare time before. If you weren't referring to me in any way then i stand corrected this time, but i'm sure i was one of them.

https://i.gyazo.com/c6393390ac1eb72e048 ... 51a062.png" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Whose thinking about who here, Jesus that was March. I cant even remember March let alone writing that!

Anyhow Tarahhh for a bit things to do !
This user liked this post: Damo

TheFamilyCat
Been Liked: 5559 times
Has Liked: 208 times

Post by TheFamilyCat » Thu Nov 23, 2017 3:46 pm

RingoMcCartney wrote:
Who ate all the pie charts!? :lol: :lol:
As difficult as it is to give Ringo any credit for anything, that did make me laugh. Shame he had to spoil it with the :lol: :lol:

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Thu Nov 23, 2017 3:52 pm

TheFamilyCat wrote:As difficult as it is to give Ringo any credit for anything, that did make me laugh. Shame he had to spoil it with the :lol: :lol:
Cheers fella. And look. None of those bloody childish emojis !

Inchy
Been Liked: 1340 times
Has Liked: 98 times

Post by Inchy » Thu Nov 23, 2017 3:56 pm

RingoMcCartney wrote:The British people have had 40 odd years to decide whether EU membership has been beneficial. The majority decided not. That's why we're leaving.

Also, in the original 1975 referndum. The vast majority of under 25s voted to JOIN the EEC. They've had the benefit of hindsight and 65 year olds can see the direction of travel for the last 40 odd years. They voted out second time around.

so? not sure what the relevance to my post was

Lancasterclaret
Been Liked: 8058 times
Has Liked: 4714 times

Post by Lancasterclaret » Thu Nov 23, 2017 4:04 pm

Doesn't matter.

Ringo is a force of nature, and completely unstoppable when he's on a roll.

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Thu Nov 23, 2017 4:06 pm

Lancasterclaret wrote:Doesn't matter.

Ringo is a force of nature, and completely unstoppable when he's on a roll.
Farce not force Lancs!

Thing is. I never lose sight of the fact that this is just a football message board.

And really none of it. None one bit of it really matters. As the PC lot would put it.

It's pretty much all a load of none gender specific reproductive organs
Last edited by RingoMcCartney on Thu Nov 23, 2017 4:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Inchy
Been Liked: 1340 times
Has Liked: 98 times

Post by Inchy » Thu Nov 23, 2017 4:07 pm

RingoMcCartney wrote:The weekend started early for me lads! :lol:

Just need 3 points off Arsenal and that's me!! :D

This is really sad.

Cryssys
Been Liked: 141 times
Has Liked: 28 times

Post by Cryssys » Thu Nov 23, 2017 4:12 pm

I credit Ringo with many things. Unfortunately, most of them reflect badly on him.

Take this thread for example, he claims that Brexit is good news because manufacturing order books are at record levels. He chooses to ignore the fact that yesterday’s budget forecast confirmed that GDP growth will, for the first time ever, be less than 2% for the next five years. Using Ringo's logic, I could justifiably claim that this post Brexit bad news.

Ringo has his opinions and selectively quotes any evidence he can find that he believes supports his position. Any evidence that runs contrary to his view of the world is ignored and conveniently brushed under the carpet. If you expect reasoned and rational debate from Ringo, then you're in for a long wait.

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Thu Nov 23, 2017 4:24 pm

Cryssys wrote:I credit Ringo with many things. Unfortunately, most of them reflect badly on him.

Take this thread for example, he claims that Brexit is good news because manufacturing order books are at record levels. He chooses to ignore the fact that yesterday’s budget forecast confirmed that GDP growth will, for the first time ever, be less than 2% for the next five years. Using Ringo's logic, I could justifiably claim that this post Brexit bad news.

Ringo has his opinions and selectively quotes any evidence he can find that he believes supports his position. Any evidence that runs contrary to his view of the world is ignored and conveniently brushed under the carpet. If you expect reasoned and rational debate from Ringo, then you're in for a long wait.
Well the seize fire didn't last long.

The budget forecast was just that. A forecast. And strangely enough. The same people making that forecast have been wrong on many occasions...

Order books are full of orders. Not forecasts of orders.....

ClaretEngineer
Been Liked: 690 times
Has Liked: 406 times

Post by ClaretEngineer » Thu Nov 23, 2017 4:30 pm

Order books might be full at what price?

There can still be full order books but a down turn in GDP if companies are ''buying'' jobs just to stay afloat.
Last edited by ClaretEngineer on Thu Nov 23, 2017 4:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cryssys

Post by Cryssys » Thu Nov 23, 2017 4:31 pm

Fine bit of selective ignoring there Ringo. I rest my case.

Cryssys

Post by Cryssys » Thu Nov 23, 2017 4:34 pm

I don't doubt that if the forecast had been for 5% growth over the next five years that you would be claiming that it was more post Brexit good news. Go on, tell me you wouldn't...

If it be your will

Post by If it be your will » Thu Nov 23, 2017 4:47 pm

dsr wrote:What it says is that the majority of under 25's voted Remain unless 88% or more of 26-29's voted Remain.

If you take 72% as the likely maximum of 26-29's who voted remain (72% is the figure for 30-44) then you get 57% of 18-25's voting remain.

If you take the theoretical (but statistically impossible) maximum that every 26-29 year old voted Remain, then we're down to 43% remainers - which is still a big swing towards Leave by the over 65's last year!
Okay, but come on, Ringo basically made it up. I haven't even read the link or examined it's methodology, but I already know it's the wrong age group and no-one could reasonably describe 62% as 'vast'.

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Thu Nov 23, 2017 4:49 pm

Cryssys wrote:Fine bit of selective ignoring there Ringo. I rest my case.
No ignoring.

Just pointing out the difference between orders and forecasts.

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Thu Nov 23, 2017 4:54 pm

ClaretEngineer wrote:Order books might be full at what price?

There can still be full order books but a down turn in GDP if companies are ''buying'' jobs just to stay afloat.

More misery peddling.

Just imagine. Families from sycamore avenue. From kiddrow lane. From briercliffe road. A family from cliviger. One from oat st in padiham.

Imagine if each family, cos of extra overtime or God forbid, a brand new job, thanks to the boost manufacturing gets in this area. Imagine if the kids in those families next Christmas have a better one than this Christmas.

I hope they do. I'm positive. But you. You prefer to pick holes in the great news Ebenezer.....
Last edited by RingoMcCartney on Thu Nov 23, 2017 5:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cryssys

Post by Cryssys » Thu Nov 23, 2017 5:10 pm

RingoMcCartney wrote:
The budget forecast was just that. A forecast. And strangely enough. The same people making that forecast have been wrong on many occasions...

The people making those forecasts are the government, the same government that is forecasting the post Brexit dream that you have chosen to believe.

Cryssys

Post by Cryssys » Thu Nov 23, 2017 5:15 pm

RingoMcCartney wrote:

The post Brexit forecast is just that. A forecast and, strangely enough, the same people making that forecast have been wrong on many occasions...

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Thu Nov 23, 2017 5:37 pm

Cryssys wrote:The post Brexit forecast is just that. A forecast and, strangely enough, the same people making that forecast have been wrong on many occasions...
They failed to forecast the financial melt down under Labour too!

So we're agreed! Forecasts on both sides can, and often are, wide of the mark.

However, order books at record levels are something to celebrate are they not!?

Or are you going to give me a "bah humbug" as well!?

Healeywoodclaret
Been Liked: 259 times
Has Liked: 779 times

Post by Healeywoodclaret » Thu Nov 23, 2017 5:52 pm

evensteadiereddie wrote:Nothing to do with being politically correct or coming from the left - you threaten to kick someone's teeth in and you're a dick, end of.
I'm surprised the mods allow you to post the crap you do.
BTW I never threatened to kick anyone's head in. What I said was if you employ someone's services and then simply don't pay them like your friend beehole then you deserve to get your head kicked in. And another thing that d*ck word that you are fond of using on here first of all its not classy and secondly I'm surprised the mods haven't banned you from this board for using language like that.
This user liked this post: RingoMcCartney

Cryssys

Post by Cryssys » Thu Nov 23, 2017 5:55 pm

It is good news. But getting carried away by a bit of good news and suggesting that it's as a result of Brexit and that Brexit is therefore the best thing to happened to the country in recent times is misleading and lacks honesty.

It's your willingness to believe those forecasts you like and disregard those you don't that winds me and a lot of other people up. Until you are honest enough with yourself to admit that you will continue to lack credibility in the eyes of many on here and deservedly so.

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Thu Nov 23, 2017 6:13 pm

Cryssys wrote:It is good news. But getting carried away by a bit of good news and suggesting that it's as a result of Brexit and that Brexit is therefore the best thing to happened to the country in recent times is misleading and lacks honesty.

It's your willingness to believe those forecasts you like and disregard those you don't that winds me and a lot of other people up. Until you are honest enough with yourself to admit that you will continue to lack credibility in the eyes of many on here and deservedly so.
I've already said forecasters from both sides get it wrong.

Plus.

I'm not "suggesting that its as a result of brexit" There's a clue in the thread title!

Just saying, that despite the forecast by lying Remoaners.

There's reasons to be cheerful! You should try it!

Healeywoodclaret
Been Liked: 259 times
Has Liked: 779 times

Post by Healeywoodclaret » Thu Nov 23, 2017 6:24 pm

RingoMcCartney wrote:I've been called a lot off things pal.

But "genius" is one that I've just had to get used to over the years!! :o

As for being "box office". I'm not sure about that. But don't panic ladies and gents. I'm here all week. Discount for families available in the foyer! ;)
Ringo I'm sitting on a train reading your posts and two things stuck me. Number one how the lefties gang up to stick the boot in, tell you how knowledgeable and well educated they are and what a goon you are. Number two (I laughed all the way home) because I can see you have as much fun posting on here as I do!