Forest Green apologise after Crewe fans get drenched

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
ClaretTony
Been Liked: 32534 times
Has Liked: 5277 times

Forest Green apologise after Crewe fans get drenched

Post by ClaretTony » Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:10 pm

But they are not apologising to the Crewe fans but to their own fans who had to contend with Crewe fans joining them in a covered area. Forest Green have even handed footage to the police for getting pitch side. Looks as though they are going to get banned as well as drenched.

http://www.stroudnewsandjournal.co.uk/s ... home_fans/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Juan Tanamera
Been Liked: 771 times
Has Liked: 10078 times

Re: Forest Green apologise after Crewe fans get drenched

Post by Juan Tanamera » Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:18 pm

What a pompous bunch of clowns.
If I was a Crewe supporter I'd be encouraging supporters to boycott this ground.
I wonder if any of their own supporters complained about this?
If anything, they should be more concerned about the standard of stewarding.
These 2 users liked this post: ClaretPope Dazzler

Dazzler
Been Liked: 881 times
Has Liked: 2332 times

Post by Dazzler » Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:23 pm

That Vegan owner gets right on my boobies

'You will eat what I eat'

ClaretTony

Post by ClaretTony » Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:24 pm

I remember us going to Macclesfield in 1998 in the pouring rain and they did what they could to get as many of us under cover. Seems Forest Green are certainly making more enemies this season than they are friends.

ClaretTony

Post by ClaretTony » Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:24 pm

Dazzler wrote:That Vegan owner gets right on my boobies

'You will eat what I eat'
Don't all the players have to be vegan?

Dazzler
Been Liked: 881 times
Has Liked: 2332 times

Post by Dazzler » Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:26 pm

ClaretTony wrote:Don't all the players have to be vegan?
I was referring to the catering for supporters.

ClaretTony

Post by ClaretTony » Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:28 pm

Dazzler wrote:I was referring to the catering for supporters.
The whole club is vegan though.

Supporters can't even have milk in a brew. I'll take a flask if we have to play there. :D
This user liked this post: Dazzler

Cleveleys_claret
Been Liked: 956 times
Has Liked: 583 times

Post by Cleveleys_claret » Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:38 pm

The players aren't vegan.....its just they are not given what they want at the club cafeteria....hence the photographs of them all stood outside the local Greggs eating sausage and bean pasties and meat and potato pies with the manager
This user liked this post: Dazzler

Rodneyyouplonker
Been Liked: 64 times
Has Liked: 182 times

Post by Rodneyyouplonker » Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:54 pm

ClaretTony wrote:I remember us going to Macclesfield in 1998 in the pouring rain and they did what they could to get as many of us under cover. Seems Forest Green are certainly making more enemies this season than they are friends.
Remember that Macclesfield game well, probably one of the wettest games I can remember, get moved into the stand at side, what a horrible day and think we got beat.

Rowls
Been Liked: 5102 times
Has Liked: 5173 times

Post by Rowls » Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:00 pm

Rodneyyouplonker wrote:Remember that Macclesfield game well, probably one of the wettest games I can remember, get moved into the stand at side, what a horrible day and think we got beat.
Lost 3-2 I think. Effing Sodje got Andy Cooke sent off by pretending to have been elbowed.

Awful, awful day.

wilks_bfc
Been Liked: 3189 times
Has Liked: 1870 times

Post by wilks_bfc » Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:30 pm

From the look of this vlog from one of their fans the police & stewards let them by walking behind the ad boards
https://youtu.be/vD9fW4KLuHM" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; (about 4:30mins in)

ClaretTony

Post by ClaretTony » Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:20 pm

Rodneyyouplonker wrote:Remember that Macclesfield game well, probably one of the wettest games I can remember, get moved into the stand at side, what a horrible day and think we got beat.
All the way over I was expecting to hear it had been called off and it should have been. We lost 2-1 and John O'Kane made his debut.

Shows how far we've come, the team that day was: Gavin Ward, Chris Scott, Peter Swan, Brian Reid, Gordon Armstrong, John O'Kane, Glen Little, Rune Vindheim, Phil Eastwood, Andy Payton, Andy Cooke. Subs: Carl Smith, Brad Maylett, Colin Carr-Lawton.

Goobs
Been Liked: 1467 times
Has Liked: 997 times

Post by Goobs » Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:49 pm

ClaretTony wrote:All the way over I was expecting to hear it had been called off and it should have been. We lost 2-1 and John O'Kane made his debut.

Shows how far we've come, the team that day was: Gavin Ward, Chris Scott, Peter Swan, Brian Reid, Gordon Armstrong, John O'Kane, Glen Little, Rune Vindheim, Phil Eastwood, Andy Payton, Andy Cooke. Subs: Carl Smith, Brad Maylett, Colin Carr-Lawton.
Yeah I remember loads of us all standing there confused when he read out O'Kane's name as we didn't know who he was or that we had signed anyone (in hindsight this would likely have been better :lol:)

kritichris
Been Liked: 135 times
Has Liked: 179 times

Post by kritichris » Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:51 pm

much the same happened at the old Hull ground, the BFC supporters at the supermarket end got p!ssd thru but some of us were put in a longside and started chanting something along the lines of "your getting drenched, we're not!" to our own supporters, happy (wet) days.

Rowls
Been Liked: 5102 times
Has Liked: 5173 times

Post by Rowls » Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:53 pm

kritichris wrote:much the same happened at the old Hull ground, the BFC supporters at the supermarket end got p!ssd thru but some of us were put in a longside and started chanting something along the lines of "your getting drenched, we're not!" to our own supporters, happy (wet) days.
Ah but that was all worth it because we won it with a John Deary goal :)

I think that may have been the game our goalkeeper was announced on the tannoy as "Marion" Beresford.
This user liked this post: kritichris

maccclaret
Been Liked: 172 times
Has Liked: 107 times

Post by maccclaret » Thu Nov 23, 2017 1:49 am

Funnily enough, I was there 3 weeks ago watching Macc in the cup, for a ground tick.

We were saying then we were glad it was a dry day, although, apparently, that covered terrace used to be the away end; it's only this year that they've put the away fans on the uncovered side so they can squeeze in the 60 or so of their own fans that want to stand behind that goal. Managed to survive without a brew or a pie. "many" Macc fans unwrapped meat pies they had brought with them at half time.

As for that game at the Moss in 98, I was in the home end undercover and actually asked to be let in to the uncovered away end so I could join in with the NNNs. The only consolation was I was home 10 minutes after the whistle and didn't have a wet hour or so drive back to Burnley.

Loyalclaret
Been Liked: 436 times
Has Liked: 370 times

Post by Loyalclaret » Thu Nov 23, 2017 7:34 am

I was thinking about the Macc game whilst out in the rain last night with the dog. Memories of being front row behind the goal when Sodje fell into the net - he wasn’t greeted nicely by the Burnley fans. Wettest I’ve ever been on a match.

Firthy
Been Liked: 1613 times
Has Liked: 277 times

Post by Firthy » Thu Nov 23, 2017 8:12 am

With a name like Forest Green they couldn't be anything else but Vegan :)

Hendrickxz
Been Liked: 200 times
Has Liked: 44 times

Post by Hendrickxz » Thu Nov 23, 2017 8:47 am

I went there ONCE. They are in a place called Nailsworth on the edge of the Cotswolds. We had fish and chips from the local chippy and I can honestly say they were the worst I have ever experienced. You could have greased the slipway for a liner with em. No wonder the bugger is a vegan! :)

Hipper
Been Liked: 1178 times
Has Liked: 921 times

Post by Hipper » Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:19 am

Standing on the Beehole you could get wet! In my day you could then walk round to the Longside although later they put a lockable gate there I think.

The wettest I've been was a game at Preston in November 1984. It poured down all day. I got to the railway station and there didn't seem to be any busses so I walked to the ground getting a right soaking. I bought myself a Bovril and slowly dried off in the ground. There were loads of Burnley fans in the ground quite early and despite the pitch having water sitting on it the game went ahead. The game was a farce and fortunately ended 3-3. After the game I got another soaking on the way back!

ClaretTony

Post by ClaretTony » Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:39 am

Goobs wrote:Yeah I remember loads of us all standing there confused when he read out O'Kane's name as we didn't know who he was or that we had signed anyone (in hindsight this would likely have been better :lol:)
We were sat in the car, keeping dry as long as possible, when the team news came through and there was O'Kane. Given his performances for us I think we would have been better not signing him.