January transfer window

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
cricketfieldclarets
Been Liked: 8585 times
Has Liked: 11285 times

January transfer window

Post by cricketfieldclarets » Mon Nov 27, 2017 12:16 am

Who would you go for and why?

For once going into Jan i dont think we need much. And too much could have an adverse effect. I diont think we need anyone for the first 11.

A back up to mee and tarks is still needed imo. Even if its the next generation.

Similarly a backup for brady and jbg. If only for emergency or to bring on. Someone with pace.

Think thats it. We could be in our strongest ever position to bring in quality. Id be looking to maximise our position both on the field and off it to invest in two quality players for the future.

Dont think theres a player out there id buy for the first 11 that is within our bracket though

Spiral
Been Liked: 2522 times
Has Liked: 335 times

Re: January transfer window

Post by Spiral » Mon Nov 27, 2017 12:27 am

I'd be interested in whether or not we go for a genuine number 10. Everyone who has played there this season has been either a more natural box-to-box midfielder or deep-lying striker.

Can we sellotape Ings' knees up and get him on loan?

tim_noone
Been Liked: 4384 times
Has Liked: 15117 times

Post by tim_noone » Mon Nov 27, 2017 12:30 am

cricketfieldclarets wrote:Who would you go for and why?

For once going into Jan i dont think we need much. And too much could have an adverse effect. I diont think we need anyone for the first 11.

A back up to mee and tarks is still needed imo. Even if its the next generation.

Similarly a backup for brady and jbg. If only for emergency or to bring on. Someone with pace.

Think thats it. We could be in our strongest ever position to bring in quality. Id be looking to maximise our position both on the field and off it to invest in two quality players for the future.

Dont think theres a player out there id buy for the first 11 that is within our bracket though
Maybe a goalkeeper? A player like Aaron? Ramsey Could be worth maybe nine points a season.but possibly doesn't fit mr Dyches framework.

Vegas Claret
Been Liked: 11049 times
Has Liked: 5658 times

Post by Vegas Claret » Mon Nov 27, 2017 12:37 am

serious competition for Hendrick is our major miss
This user liked this post: Rumpelstiltskin

Saxoman
Been Liked: 577 times
Has Liked: 147 times

Post by Saxoman » Mon Nov 27, 2017 12:38 am

Josh king.

DCWat
Been Liked: 4143 times
Has Liked: 3606 times

Post by DCWat » Mon Nov 27, 2017 12:42 am

Priority should be a young up and coming centre half (two players for every position being the reason).

Similarly, we need someone to challenge Hendrick and give us a different option.

I’ve wanted another winger for a while, someone to really stretch teams, although if Brady and JBG can keep up their performance level from today, whoever came in would be hard pushed to get a game. I’d love someone like Townsend - Dyche would make a real player out of him.

I hope that we might try for some of the up and coming players that want more of a chance at first team football. Ruben Loftus-Cheek bring a good example of what’s out there - if we can prise one or two away.

January could be a good month for us to recruit, despite the silly prices. We could well look an even more attractive proposition to potential recruits by then, if we have somewhere near 30 points on the board. January recruitment would also give Dyche time to bed them in gently for the following season after.
This user liked this post: cricketfieldclarets

Vegas Claret
Been Liked: 11049 times
Has Liked: 5658 times

Post by Vegas Claret » Mon Nov 27, 2017 1:27 am

Saxoman wrote:Josh king.
Can't afford him plus if you have a sell on clause then we would be giving you money - so **** that

Saxoman
Been Liked: 577 times
Has Liked: 147 times

Post by Saxoman » Mon Nov 27, 2017 1:39 am

Vegas Claret wrote:Can't afford him plus if you have a sell on clause then we would be giving you money - so **** that
Ud be giving venkys money, not rovers.

Slurpy
Been Liked: 72 times
Has Liked: 9 times

Post by Slurpy » Mon Nov 27, 2017 3:34 am

A young centre back
A quick winger
I agree that we can probably get a better player than Hendrick in that free role. He's been fantastic there this season and is getting better every match but I feel his best position is still further back. So top of the list should be a Physical and somewhat technical attacking midfielder with more of a goal threat and a bit more flair.

1968claret
Been Liked: 504 times
Has Liked: 635 times

Post by 1968claret » Mon Nov 27, 2017 7:10 am

Priority has to be a fully paid up friendly referee. How Dyche and team didn’t sign one in the summer is beyond me. We would have had at least 9 more points had we been on the ball and got Mason signed up before Arsenal got in there again.