Huddersfield Sold Out

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Elder statesman
Been Liked: 60 times
Has Liked: 23 times

Huddersfield Sold Out

Post by Elder statesman » Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:35 am

Just been told there are none left.

Claret Kitch
Been Liked: 42 times
Has Liked: 3 times

Re: Huddersfield Sold Out

Post by Claret Kitch » Wed Nov 29, 2017 12:06 pm

Why is it still only 5000 points? I've been a season ticket holder since 1993 and have the same chance as someone who jumped on the Premier bandwagon! Yes, I'm well ****** off!!

Jimmymaccer
Been Liked: 594 times
Has Liked: 193 times

Post by Jimmymaccer » Wed Nov 29, 2017 12:15 pm

Seriously not happy about this......6500 points etc etc, and don’t live locally...........travel, accommodation all booked.....

Lowbankclaret
Been Liked: 1233 times
Has Liked: 56 times

Post by Lowbankclaret » Wed Nov 29, 2017 12:21 pm

Just rung the ticket office, yes sold out.

Gutted, was going to take my. Daughter.

Oh well

ClaretEngineer
Been Liked: 690 times
Has Liked: 406 times

Post by ClaretEngineer » Wed Nov 29, 2017 12:23 pm

You have to be a superfan.

There is no other option.

claretblue
Been Liked: 1831 times
Has Liked: 961 times

Post by claretblue » Wed Nov 29, 2017 12:23 pm

Agree with the above....it's probably time to increase the number of loyalty points required when tickets first become available.

does anyone know when the points required was last reviewed?

gandhisflipflop
Been Liked: 2317 times
Has Liked: 1399 times

Post by gandhisflipflop » Wed Nov 29, 2017 12:29 pm

I think they should take into consideration how many away tickets are bought against a clarets number to make it fairer. I know we have had a few games where it's been 50 loyalty points for an away ticket but the season ticket loyalty points are seriously over valued when it comes to away ticket loyalty points. A simple window of 5000 loyalty points with 15 away tickets (as an example) bough against a clarets number would make it much fairer.

strayclaret
Been Liked: 76 times
Has Liked: 90 times

Post by strayclaret » Wed Nov 29, 2017 12:29 pm

I'd be interested to know how they allocate on line sales, I tried to buy ours at 6pm last night and was too late and living 50 miles away it wasn't possible to get to the Turf this morning.

MACCA
Been Liked: 4360 times

Post by MACCA » Wed Nov 29, 2017 12:35 pm

strayclaret wrote:I'd be interested to know how they allocate on line sales, I tried to buy ours at 6pm last night and was too late and living 50 miles away it wasn't possible to get to the Turf this morning.
The average person walks 4mph, so a 6pm departure was well enough time to get to the Turf this morning if you really wanted too, and had no other means of transport.

I think many people are moaning for the sake of it.

The ticket office do a fantastic job in my opinion, one in which they'll never be able to please everyone.

I sympathise with a few reasons/excuses, but living 50 miles away doesn't cut it I'm afraid.

quoonbeatz
Been Liked: 2562 times
Has Liked: 757 times

Post by quoonbeatz » Wed Nov 29, 2017 12:37 pm

unless you've got a job, of course.
This user liked this post: Juan Tanamera

MACCA

Post by MACCA » Wed Nov 29, 2017 12:43 pm

Then use the onl8ne service...

quoonbeatz

Post by quoonbeatz » Wed Nov 29, 2017 12:45 pm

unless you can't access the internet until 6...

HatfieldClaret
Been Liked: 605 times
Has Liked: 346 times

Post by HatfieldClaret » Wed Nov 29, 2017 12:58 pm

Claret Kitch wrote:Why is it still only 5000 points? I've been a season ticket holder since 1993 and have the same chance as someone who jumped on the Premier bandwagon! Yes, I'm well ****** off!!
Bur not enough posts on the messageboard....obvious innit. :idea:

Flat Stanley
Been Liked: 60 times
Has Liked: 103 times

Post by Flat Stanley » Wed Nov 29, 2017 1:08 pm

Ticket office is and always has been a shambles. Got a bit better recently but still a long way to go to offer a good customer service.

Quickenthetempo
Been Liked: 3842 times
Has Liked: 2065 times

Post by Quickenthetempo » Wed Nov 29, 2017 1:15 pm

Flat Stanley wrote:Ticket office is and always has been a shambles. Got a bit better recently but still a long way to go to offer a good customer service.
It's only a shambles when people don't get tickets for the games they want.

Everyone had the same chance and enough warning about the 5pm online sales.

Would you expect Peter Kay tickets to be available an hour after going on sale just because some people work different hours?

MACCA

Post by MACCA » Wed Nov 29, 2017 1:17 pm

quoonbeatz wrote:unless you can't access the internet until 6...
:lol: :lol: you'll be asking why you can't pay with pebbles next.
What do you want the club to do.
Get Mr Dyche a to hand deliver tickets for those who work or can't get access to the internet until 18:00

What's your suggestion? It must be a cracker if it appeases everyone. It could even make you a few quid if no one else has thought of it.

quoonbeatz

Post by quoonbeatz » Wed Nov 29, 2017 1:21 pm

MACCA wrote::lol: :lol: you'll be asking why you can't pay with pebbles next.
What do you want the club to do.
Get Mr Dyche a to hand deliver tickets for those who work or can't get access to the internet until 18:00

What's your suggestion? It must be a cracker if it appeases everyone. It could even make you a few quid if no one else has thought of it.
not sure why you're being an arse with me, i'm just pointing out that circumstances dictate for some people. its a bit knobbish to tell them that their 'excuse' doesn't cut it.

there isn't a one size fits all solution.

however, my patented ticketing solution is on the other thread which it think we can all agree is the fairest way.
This user liked this post: tim_noone

iluva64
Been Liked: 189 times
Has Liked: 130 times

Post by iluva64 » Wed Nov 29, 2017 1:22 pm

I think its going to be cheaper to buy a corporate ticket?

White Rose Hospitality
PRICE: FROM £99 - £199 + VAT PER PERSON

PACKAGE INCLUDES

DINING IN THE WHITE ROSE CLUB LOUNGE SPONSORED BY ORCHARD FACILITIES MANAGEMENT
EXECUTIVE MATCH SEATING ON THE HALF WAY LINE, UPPER TIER OF THE REVELL WARD STAND
UNRESERVED CAR PARKING (1 BAY PER 4 GUESTS – SUBJECT TO AVAILABILITY)
THREE COURSE PRE-MATCH MEAL
MATCH DAY MAGAZINE
HALF TIME TEA AND COFFEE
PRE-MATCH Q & A WITH INVITED GUEST IN THE WHITE ROSE CLUB LOUNGE
POST MATCH MAN OF THE MATCH PRESENTATION

Possibilities : No club colours I expect - undercover attire required. Which away colours will we be playing in

pureclaret
Been Liked: 433 times
Has Liked: 176 times

Post by pureclaret » Wed Nov 29, 2017 1:26 pm

really miffed off over the online v ticket office. and times given that 1 of our party is a registered ambulant supporter and his adult son is his registered helper this apparently means they can not get online tickets as this can only be done at the ticket office due to the nature of how ambulant /disabled supporters and there carers are allocated seats at different clubs. If the club is not prepared to sort out the facility for doing this on line they should not sell tickets on line at an earlier time than the ticket office opens. I don't think this is the cub adopting the ''level playing field policy '' Unless the club is suggesting they only want able bodied supporters at away games. all of us have over 6000 points each

bfcmik
Been Liked: 891 times
Has Liked: 1100 times

Post by bfcmik » Wed Nov 29, 2017 1:29 pm

We had around 8000 season ticket holders when we were in the Championship and have around 16000 now. Even those who have been long term season ticket holders (back when we had 8k or so) have little chance when it comes to a popular or local game when, even if BFC get a full 3000 tickets, that works out at quite a bit less than half a ticket each.

The only way to ensure some sort of parity would be to restrict sales to those who got tickets for the previous popular/local game until others had been given priority. I can already almost hear the outcry from those with 10000 points who have been going to home and away games for decades but those of us whose home and/or work lives didn't allow that fanatical attendance at games didn't support Burnley any less than they did but had to do so differently.

Trying to listen to the Orient game on the radio from my garden in Cornwall after working that morning was not a case of me not caring but being unable to be an attendee. Others were simply not born whilst the elite point gatherers were accumulating totals that my son and grandson (who live in Northamptonshire) can never hope to achieve. Should they be evermore prevented from going to Old Trafford, Anfield, The Etihad or Wembley because they were not born early enough or their dad/grandad moved away from Burnley 34 years to get a good job?

MACCA

Post by MACCA » Wed Nov 29, 2017 1:31 pm

quoonbeatz wrote:not sure why you're being an arse with me, i'm just pointing out that circumstances dictate for some people. its a bit knobbish to tell them that their 'excuse' doesn't cut it.

there isn't a one size fits all solution.

however, my patented ticketing solution is on the other thread which it think we can all agree is the fairest way.

I'm not pal. Just playing devils advocate. Don't take it personally.

thatdberight
Been Liked: 927 times
Has Liked: 716 times

Post by thatdberight » Wed Nov 29, 2017 1:32 pm

Quickenthetempo wrote:It's only a shambles when people don't get tickets for the games they want.

Everyone had the same chance and enough warning about the 5pm online sales.

Would you expect Peter Kay tickets to be available an hour after going on sale just because some people work different hours?
No. But I wouldn't expect to find that they'd deliberately kept back half the tickets and were selling them over the counter.

quoonbeatz

Post by quoonbeatz » Wed Nov 29, 2017 1:35 pm

MACCA wrote:I'm not pal. Just playing devils advocate. Don't take it personally.

fair enough. you're playing devils advocate with someone playing devils advocate so no wonder there's confusion :twisted:

thatdberight

Post by thatdberight » Wed Nov 29, 2017 1:37 pm

bfcmik wrote:We had around 8000 season ticket holders when we were in the Championship and have around 16000 now. Even those who have been long term season ticket holders (back when we had 8k or so) have little chance when it comes to a popular or local game when, even if BFC get a full 3000 tickets, that works out at quite a bit less than half a ticket each.

The only way to ensure some sort of parity would be to restrict sales to those who got tickets for the previous popular/local game until others had been given priority. I can already almost hear the outcry from those with 10000 points who have been going to home and away games for decades but those of us whose home and/or work lives didn't allow that fanatical attendance at games didn't support Burnley any less than they did but had to do so differently.

Trying to listen to the Orient game on the radio from my garden in Cornwall after working that morning was not a case of me not caring but being unable to be an attendee. Others were simply not born whilst the elite point gatherers were accumulating totals that my son and grandson (who live in Northamptonshire) can never hope to achieve. Should they be evermore prevented from going to Old Trafford, Anfield, The Etihad or Wembley because they were not born early enough or their dad/grandad moved away from Burnley 34 years to get a good job?
There's no chance of doing anything that's "fairer". There are influential fan voices who are in the "always enough points" camp and anything that upset the status quo would be thwarted. I'm in the "always enough points" too - but for the sake of fairness and future / newer generations of fans would like to see some changes. I'll be honest though, I have concerns over how successful the execution of anything more complex would be.
This user liked this post: Lancasterclaret

MACCA

Post by MACCA » Wed Nov 29, 2017 1:38 pm

quoonbeatz wrote:fair enough. you're playing devils advocate with someone playing devils advocate so no wonder there's confusion :twisted:
Ha ha yes.

Sidney1st
Been Liked: 3547 times
Has Liked: 5594 times

Post by Sidney1st » Wed Nov 29, 2017 1:44 pm

Uh oh, someone's mentioned changing the points system.

There will be some frothing at the mouth when certain people read that.

houseboy
Been Liked: 2238 times
Has Liked: 1617 times

Post by houseboy » Wed Nov 29, 2017 1:47 pm

MACCA wrote:The average person walks 4mph, so a 6pm departure was well enough time to get to the Turf this morning if you really wanted too, and had no other means of transport.

The ticket office do a fantastic job in my opinion, one in which they'll never be able to please everyone.

I sympathise with a few reasons/excuses, but living 50 miles away doesn't cut it I'm afraid.
What an odd response (unless you were having a laugh). So this fan, in your eyes, should pay for around 3 gallons of petrol (£16 or so) on top of the price of a ticket plus (give or take) a round trip of 2-3 hours, depending on traffic etc., in order to get a ticket for a football match? Just how loyal do you expect people to be in these days of high ticket prices/stupid wages in football?

JTClaret
Been Liked: 181 times
Has Liked: 119 times

Post by JTClaret » Wed Nov 29, 2017 1:52 pm

As much as I agree it's slightly unfair to those that go to away games regularly miss out on one they want. I see it the same as I do gig tickets.
I may have seen a band a couple of times, but doesn't mean I'm entitled to the next one and I'd be gutted if I missed out.

We want continued success, which will make situations like this more frequent.
I can also imagine some of those who have missed out this time are the same ones who have a pop at people for not going to as many games, or away games.

As someone who doesn't go to away games, I think it's great we have too many fans for the allocation.

MACCA

Post by MACCA » Wed Nov 29, 2017 1:53 pm

houseboy wrote:What an odd response (unless you were having a laugh). So this fan, in your eyes, should pay for around 3 gallons of petrol (£16 or so) on top of the price of a ticket plus (give or take) a round trip of 2-3 hours, depending on traffic etc., in order to get a ticket for a football match? Just how loyal do you expect people to be in these days of high ticket prices/stupid wages in football?
So this fan in my eyes should accept that for whatever reason, has made certain life choices meaning that it will be harder to keep up his hobby.

I like windsurfing, but if I choose to live 50 miles from the sea, so I can't complain at my lack of opportunities I have compared to those who live closer. I don't get special rates etc on membership.

Also if there moved for better jobs/prospects they should have the £16 fuel money twice a season ;)

strayclaret

Post by strayclaret » Wed Nov 29, 2017 1:56 pm

MACCA wrote:The average person walks 4mph, so a 6pm departure was well enough time to get to the Turf this morning if you really wanted too, and had no other means of transport.

Not with my hip I can’t, no car this morning, first bus out of Village at 9am, drat I should have got a £100 taxi, plus waiting time charge, I’ll know next time :D :D
UTC

thatdberight

Post by thatdberight » Wed Nov 29, 2017 1:56 pm

MACCA wrote:
asdasd.gif
asdasd.gif (2.69 MiB) Viewed 4744 times
This user liked this post: DavidEyresLeftFoot

2 Bee Holed
Been Liked: 548 times
Has Liked: 31 times

Post by 2 Bee Holed » Wed Nov 29, 2017 1:57 pm

Has anybody got a ticket who has not got 5,000 points?

aggi
Been Liked: 2109 times

Post by aggi » Wed Nov 29, 2017 2:00 pm

The obvious issue with loyalty points is that they don't expire so it's an ever-increasing number of people with an ever-increasing number of points.

A lot of clubs have points from 2 or 3 seasons back worth less than the past season or two but we don't for whatever reason.

MACCA

Post by MACCA » Wed Nov 29, 2017 2:01 pm

2 Bee Holed wrote:Has anybody got a ticket who has not got 5,000 points?
Yes, and they don't even support burnley, but not down to the club, down to the fact their neighbour got them tickets.

MACCA

Post by MACCA » Wed Nov 29, 2017 2:03 pm

strayclaret wrote:Not with my hip I can’t, no car this morning, first bus out of Village at 9am, drat I should have got a £100 taxi, plus waiting time charge, I’ll know next time :D :D
UTC

I was in a similar situation myself so understand, however I got lucky and i called in a favour off someone already going down.
Needs must for the biggest away game of the season.

You should have seen the lengths I went to, to obtain Charlton tickets.

houseboy

Post by houseboy » Wed Nov 29, 2017 2:04 pm

MACCA wrote:So this fan in my eyes should accept that for whatever reason, has made certain life choices meaning that it will be harder to keep up his hobby.

I like windsurfing, but if I choose to live 50 miles from the sea, so I can't complain at my lack of opportunities I have compared to those who live closer. I don't get special rates etc on membership.

Also if there moved for better jobs/prospects they should have the £16 fuel money twice a season ;)
Mmm, but did he CHOOSE to live 50 miles away or is he one of those wonderful people who chose to be a Claret because of the magnificence of our club? Or was he dragged away as a child without any care for his allegiances? If he moved for job prospects it may not have been for more money but because it was the only vacancy in his chosen trade of ferret breeding.
You see all these things have to be taken into account before making criticisms. :)

Mondsley
Been Liked: 134 times
Has Liked: 28 times

Post by Mondsley » Wed Nov 29, 2017 2:05 pm

2 Bee Holed wrote:Has anybody got a ticket who has not got 5,000 points?
Inevitably. Someone who has "borrowed" a Clarets number from someone who cannot make the game. Happens all the time. I started queueing at 845 this morning. They sold out the Huddy tickets at 1030 when I got to the ticket window. Bloke next to me got the last five. People were getting 10 at a time (Ok I wanted 7) but all for people with 5000 points or more. Short of making people turn up with their number and id you will not stop people with less than the commensurate number of points getting tickets. Don't imagine I'll have any bother getting Palace tickets!

2 Bee Holed
Been Liked: 548 times
Has Liked: 31 times

Post by 2 Bee Holed » Wed Nov 29, 2017 2:07 pm

MACCA wrote:Yes, and they don't even support burnley, but not down to the club, down to the fact their neighbour got them tickets.
So I assume Macca, their neighbour has 5,000 points and bought one ticket and gave it away?
In that case fair enough.

What I would hate to happen is for a person with 5,000 points being able to buy 2 or 3 tickets for their 'family & friends' who do not have 5,000 points.

MACCA

Post by MACCA » Wed Nov 29, 2017 2:08 pm

houseboy wrote:Mmm, but did he CHOOSE to live 50 miles away or is he one of those wonderful people who chose to be a Claret because of the magnificence of our club? Or was he dragged away as a child without any care for his allegiances? If he moved for job prospects it may not have been for more money but because it was the only vacancy in his chosen trade of ferret breeding.
You see all these things have to be taken into account before making criticisms. :)
Yeah but if he had been dragged away, he could always drag himself back.

If he's a glory hunter who's no affiliation with the town/club and chose us from afar it's irrelevant, it's tough and was a silly choice

And if he's a ferret breeder please get in touch and I'll buy all his tickets for him, as I'm the chairmen of BAPFB ( Burnley and pendle ferret breeders ) and would happily drive him to every away game free so i can talk to someone as like minded and as passionate about ferrets as me.
This user liked this post: houseboy

Quickenthetempo

Post by Quickenthetempo » Wed Nov 29, 2017 2:12 pm

2 Bee Holed wrote:So I assume Macca, their neighbour has 5,000 points and bought one ticket and gave it away?

What I would hate to happen is for a person with 5,000 points being able to buy 2 or 3 tickets for their 'family & friends' who do not have 5,000 points.
You can't but there's plenty of people who have over 5k points and never go away. They let people use their Clarets number so they get credited with the ten points every time.

MACCA

Post by MACCA » Wed Nov 29, 2017 2:17 pm

2 Bee Holed wrote:So I assume Macca, their neighbour has 5,000 points and bought one ticket and gave it away?

Yes that's correct.

You can't have 1 5,000 point card and buy more than 1 ticket.
It's 1 ticket per card with 5,000 points on

MACCA

Post by MACCA » Wed Nov 29, 2017 2:21 pm

Mondsley wrote:Short of making people turn up with their number and id you will not stop people with less than the commensurate number of points getting tickets. Don't imagine I'll have any bother getting Palace tickets!

That won't stop it. People will queue up and still pass their ticket on or even worse sell it on.

You also would end up with bigger queues etc, if people couldn't buy for family and friends at the same time.

They can online with no ID etc. It's probably easier to swindel online as you just need the number and you can repeat for every game.

We only have this discussion once or twice a season, so shows the system works fine. That's until people miss out for failing to plan or not wanting one enough.

strayclaret

Post by strayclaret » Wed Nov 29, 2017 2:24 pm

MACCA wrote:Yeah but if he had been dragged away, he could always drag himself back.

If he's a glory hunter who's no affiliation with the town/club and chose us from afar it's irrelevant, it's tough and was a silly choice

And if he's a ferret breeder please get in touch and I'll buy all his tickets for him, as I'm the chairmen of BAPFB ( Burnley and pendle ferret breeders ) and would happily drive him to every away game free so i can talk to someone as like minded and as passionate about ferrets as me.
Sorry not a ferret breeder, although there’s plenty of mice around.
Glory hunter maybe, not any connection with Burnley and have been going since 1969. Retired so I suppose you’d call me an old fart :mrgreen:

Quickenthetempo

Post by Quickenthetempo » Wed Nov 29, 2017 2:26 pm

They should of had separate kiosks for Hudds and UTD tickets so more people could of got to one game or the other.

Inchy
Been Liked: 1332 times
Has Liked: 95 times

Post by Inchy » Wed Nov 29, 2017 2:26 pm

If you do not have a season ticket but have 5k points can you still get away tickets?

Surely it should be 5k points with season tickets

MACCA

Post by MACCA » Wed Nov 29, 2017 2:28 pm

strayclaret wrote:Sorry not a ferret breeder, although there’s plenty of mice around.
Glory hunter maybe, not any connection with Burnley and have been going since 1969. Retired so I suppose you’d call me an old fart :mrgreen:
Nah I'd just give you a massive hug, a Worthers and make sure you got a ticket for the next available away game.

MACCA

Post by MACCA » Wed Nov 29, 2017 2:28 pm

Inchy wrote:If you do not have a season ticket but have 5k points can you still get away tickets?

Surely it should be 5k points with season tickets
It is...

Inchy
Been Liked: 1332 times
Has Liked: 95 times

Post by Inchy » Wed Nov 29, 2017 2:29 pm

Fair enough

houseboy

Post by houseboy » Wed Nov 29, 2017 2:29 pm

MACCA wrote:Yeah but if he had been dragged away, he could always drag himself back.

The terms Burnley FC and glory hunter are not natural bed-mates in the real world are they and as for dragging himself back maybe he can't afford the high house prices in Burnley. I believe his uncle Ivan (known as Ivan [the ferret] Ivanovich) needs him to keep the family business going as the whole family will starve if he leaves. Just how much sacrifice do you want people to make for the club? And is the BAPFB affiliated in any way to the GADAFI (Garstang and District Associated Ferret Inseminators)?

strayclaret

Post by strayclaret » Wed Nov 29, 2017 2:36 pm

MACCA wrote:Nah I'd just give you a massive hug, a Worthers and make sure you got a ticket for the next available away game.
Thanks but I’d prefer a pie :D