Chelsea goal

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
TVC15
Been Liked: 3321 times
Has Liked: 601 times

Chelsea goal

Post by TVC15 » Sat Dec 02, 2017 1:14 pm

Morata - did he not just "push" the Newcastle defender then before scoring ?

The Newcastle defender was very weak and he also exaggerated the dive - 99% sure he could have stayed on his feet given how small a push it was.

How was this any different to the Arsenal penalty last Sunday ?

Personally think the fact he exaggerates the dive should be enough for nothing to get awarded and you get what you deserve for diving.

But f-uck me the inconsistency being shown by refs is horrendous.

Look at that Joe Hart foul v Everton on Wednesday which led to a penalty - it was virtually identical to the one he did on Chris Wood. Just because he gets a touch does not mean you can wipe out the player after the touch.

Back to Chelsea earlier in the match Morata clearly dived in the penalty area....commentator said he stumbled and not one further comment on it.

Tall Paul
Been Liked: 2564 times
Has Liked: 692 times

Re: Chelsea goal

Post by Tall Paul » Sat Dec 02, 2017 1:30 pm

Yep, I thought it was s much of a push as Tarkowski's on the cheating barsteward last week.

TeesClaret
Been Liked: 22 times
Has Liked: 14 times

Post by TeesClaret » Sat Dec 02, 2017 1:32 pm

You are spot on. Morata had both hands on the back of the defender but it wasn't a foul - the defender dived. Exactly like Tarks on Ramsey. I thought I'd got over this but like Sean I'm raging.

FactualFrank
Been Liked: 6930 times
Has Liked: 11660 times

Post by FactualFrank » Sat Dec 02, 2017 1:42 pm

There's a formula that some referees use.

IF team = arsenal OR man united OR spurs OR man city OR chelsea
AND opponent <> arsenal OR man united OR spurs OR man city OR chelsea
THEN pressure applied has to be doubled and opponent has to be stretchered off, before penalty/freekick is awarded.

IndigoLake
Been Liked: 1 time
Has Liked: 832 times

Post by IndigoLake » Sat Dec 02, 2017 1:44 pm

Anyone else think the ref's movement and positioning is really, really poor?

Ashingtonclaret46
Been Liked: 1829 times
Has Liked: 2623 times

Post by Ashingtonclaret46 » Sat Dec 02, 2017 2:03 pm

IndigoLake wrote:Anyone else think the ref's movement and positioning is really, really poor?
No. He has been running the correct diagonal and has been in good positions to see any incidents. The only thing I will say is that the Morata goal highlighted the fact that the decision last week against us was a farce.

Caernarfon_Claret
Been Liked: 1474 times
Has Liked: 634 times

Post by Caernarfon_Claret » Sat Dec 02, 2017 2:11 pm

If Morata's push was careless, reckless or with excessive force then a foul should have been called.

At least they're being consistent in giving the benefit of doubt to the attacker.

Foulthrow
Been Liked: 699 times
Has Liked: 1518 times

Post by Foulthrow » Sat Dec 02, 2017 2:37 pm

TVC15 wrote:Morata - did he not just "push" the Newcastle defender then before scoring ?

The Newcastle defender was very weak and he also exaggerated the dive - 99% sure he could have stayed on his feet given how small a push it was.

How was this any different to the Arsenal penalty last Sunday ?

Personally think the fact he exaggerates the dive should be enough for nothing to get awarded and you get what you deserve for diving.

But f-uck me the inconsistency being shown by refs is horrendous.

Look at that Joe Hart foul v Everton on Wednesday which led to a penalty - it was virtually identical to the one he did on Chris Wood. Just because he gets a touch does not mean you can wipe out the player after the touch.

Back to Chelsea earlier in the match Morata clearly dived in the penalty area....commentator said he stumbled and not one further comment on it.

I saw both of these incidents and thought exactly the same!!! The dive from Morata was especially bad yet Sky didn't return to it all.