Thank you BFC

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
dpinsussex
Been Liked: 1047 times
Has Liked: 1187 times

Thank you BFC

Post by dpinsussex » Sun Dec 17, 2017 3:47 pm

Took my lad to just his second away game yesterday. He had only been to Chelsea before that.
After the game the players were fantastic pausing to chat with him and take photos. It wasn't just the odd player most of the squad seemed really keen to spend time with young fans.
For his collection he now has pictures of Ashley Barnes, Sam Vokes, Jack Cork, nick pope, ben mee and JBG

He was beaming all the way home. What a great memory for a young lad. Especially as he is the only claret at his school.

Couldnt wait to show his Ben Mee picture to his envious sister lol
These 22 users liked this post: Jel PhiladelphiaChris Goodclaret Ashingtonclaret46 Leisure Buxtonclaret longsidepies turfytopper bobinho JohnMac Dawlishclaret CHEWBACCA whiffa spadesclaret Juan Tanamera conyoviejo SussexDon1inIreland Ooogeorgeorgeoghani Andingle BleedingClaret Braindead ontario claret

Goodclaret
Been Liked: 543 times
Has Liked: 1512 times

Re: Thank you BFC

Post by Goodclaret » Sun Dec 17, 2017 3:53 pm

The players do seem fantastic with the young fans. You can see they always make a fuss of the mascots. It's just another thing our "group" do unbelievably well.

Glad your lad had a good day dp :)

dpinsussex

Post by dpinsussex » Sun Dec 17, 2017 3:55 pm

Thanks Good. Hardest bit was being in a box surrounded by Brighton fans lol
These 3 users liked this post: turfytopper Goodclaret Juan Tanamera

Diesel
Been Liked: 1228 times
Has Liked: 391 times

Post by Diesel » Sun Dec 17, 2017 3:59 pm

dpinsussex wrote:Thanks Good. Hardest bit was being in a box surrounded by Brighton fans lol
Quite a common scenario.

Caernarfon_Claret
Been Liked: 1474 times
Has Liked: 634 times

Post by Caernarfon_Claret » Sun Dec 17, 2017 4:31 pm

dpinsussex wrote:Took my lad to just his second away game yesterday. He had only been to Chelsea before that.
After the game the players were fantastic pausing to chat with him and take photos. It wasn't just the odd player most of the squad seemed really keen to spend time with young fans.
For his collection he now has pictures of Ashley Barnes, Sam Vokes, Jack Cork, nick pope, ben mee and JBG

He was beaming all the way home. What a great memory for a young lad. Especially as he is the only claret at his school.

Couldnt wait to show his Ben Mee picture to his envious sister lol

How did he deal with the incredibly long round trip.

Added ;-) so you get my drift.

dpinsussex

Post by dpinsussex » Sun Dec 17, 2017 4:35 pm

Caernarfon_Claret wrote:How did he deal with the incredibly long round trip.

Added ;-) so you get my drift.
Nearly 3 hours each way on the train from basingstoke. He did alright he had his old man for company

Caernarfon_Claret

Post by Caernarfon_Claret » Sun Dec 17, 2017 4:43 pm

dpinsussex wrote:Nearly 3 hours each way on the train from basingstoke. He did alright he had his old man for company
Oh so still a fair journey, although obviously on cloud nine on the way home.

Ashingtonclaret46
Been Liked: 1830 times
Has Liked: 2624 times

Post by Ashingtonclaret46 » Sun Dec 17, 2017 4:46 pm

dp --my son is a photographer and he does quite a few games at the Turf so I usually travel down early and we meet up for a bite to eat before he sets up. He likes to take photos of the players arriving and I have noticed that, whatever the weather, they are always willing to meet the wishes of fans of all ages for photos, autographs etc. Long may it continue.
These 2 users liked this post: dpinsussex Juan Tanamera

ClaretTony
Been Liked: 32409 times
Has Liked: 5273 times

Post by ClaretTony » Sun Dec 17, 2017 6:40 pm

I rarely have dealings personally with our players but reading this thread is certainly not a surprise to me given what I'm told on a regular basis by people who do deal with our players. All say the same thing, how grounded all our players are and how they are always prepared to go out of their way for supporters.

We've certainly seen this at the supporters clubs player of the year evenings since Sean Dyche became manager. Apart from one former player, they've been absolutely spot on. I would hate to single any players out as being the best to be honest, they are all spot on from the minute they walk in until the minute they leave.
This user liked this post: SussexDon1inIreland

clarethomer
Been Liked: 944 times
Has Liked: 411 times

Post by clarethomer » Sun Dec 17, 2017 7:27 pm

ClaretTony wrote:I rarely have dealings personally with our players but reading this thread is certainly not a surprise to me given what I'm told on a regular basis by people who do deal with our players. All say the same thing, how grounded all our players are and how they are always prepared to go out of their way for supporters.

We've certainly seen this at the supporters clubs player of the year evenings since Sean Dyche became manager. Apart from one former player, they've been absolutely spot on. I would hate to single any players out as being the best to be honest, they are all spot on from the minute they walk in until the minute they leave.
Would that be a former captain by any chance?

dpinsussex

Post by dpinsussex » Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:44 pm

Caernarfon_Claret wrote:Oh so still a fair journey, although obviously on cloud nine on the way home.
Definitely . Already been showing his photos with anyone who will look at them. The power of heroes
Certainly a life long claret now
These 2 users liked this post: Juan Tanamera SussexDon1inIreland

Cooperclaret
Been Liked: 283 times
Has Liked: 225 times

Post by Cooperclaret » Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:18 pm

Great bunch. My lad got a few of the players autographs on Saturday and everyone said "thank you" to him !

Fantastic to see.

ClaretTony
Been Liked: 32409 times
Has Liked: 5273 times

Post by ClaretTony » Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:19 pm

clarethomer wrote:Would that be a former captain by any chance?
I wouldn’t like to say :D

Caernarfon_Claret

Post by Caernarfon_Claret » Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:23 pm

Seeing the official club youtube channel I'm a big fan of Matt Lowton.

The only time I've met Burnley players was at a Stoke nightclub when I was at University - Adrian Heath was manager. First player I saw was David Eyres at the bar.

Nicest of the lot was our reserve keeper at the time - can't for the life of me remember his name.

Caernarfon_Claret

Post by Caernarfon_Claret » Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:25 pm

Wayne Russell ?
This user liked this post: tim_noone

TonbridgeClaret
Been Liked: 193 times
Has Liked: 8 times

Post by TonbridgeClaret » Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:13 pm

Couldn't agree more dpinsussex. We were the people chatting with you and standing next to you by the team coach. We spoke with Sam Vokes, Ben Mee, Ashley Barnes and Nick Pope, they were all very keen to speak with the fans and seemed very humble. It was great to see that they all were meeting friends and family. When we got the train back to Lewes we again bumped into, and chatted with, Ben Mee's mum and dad, lovely people. Several other players were also there and every one posed for selfies etc, all were a credit to the club.
First time we had stayed behind after an away match and we stumbled across the team coach by accident, but we'll certainly do it again sometime!
This user liked this post: dpinsussex

dpinsussex

Post by dpinsussex » Mon Dec 18, 2017 3:30 pm

TonbridgeClaret wrote:Couldn't agree more dpinsussex. We were the people chatting with you and standing next to you by the team coach. We spoke with Sam Vokes, Ben Mee, Ashley Barnes and Nick Pope, they were all very keen to speak with the fans and seemed very humble. It was great to see that they all were meeting friends and family. When we got the train back to Lewes we again bumped into, and chatted with, Ben Mee's mum and dad, lovely people. Several other players were also there and every one posed for selfies etc, all were a credit to the club.
First time we had stayed behind after an away match and we stumbled across the team coach by accident, but we'll certainly do it again sometime!
What a small world tonbridge . Pleasure to meet you
They were absolutely brilliant

jedi_master
Been Liked: 3596 times
Has Liked: 1028 times

Post by jedi_master » Mon Dec 18, 2017 3:54 pm

Met a few of them over the last three or four years and they are lovely lads, to a man.

Ben Mee (and his Dad!) are really good blokes, love to chat football and have all the time in the world for their fans. From speaking to some of them off the record, they (and no, I don't have any cynicism about what they say at all - I believe it) really do like the fanbase at Burnley and feel the support for the club is first class, particularly the away support (which always comes up).

We have a really good set of lads representing us.