Bucket List 2018

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
FactualFrank
Been Liked: 6930 times
Has Liked: 11660 times

Bucket List 2018

Post by FactualFrank » Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:14 pm

What do you plan to do in 2018 that you've never done before?

I guess I'll start with the 127 mile walk of the Leeds-Liverpool canal, to kick things off.

LoveCurryPies
Been Liked: 1600 times
Has Liked: 679 times

Re: Bucket List 2018

Post by LoveCurryPies » Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:15 pm

Make it to 2019.
These 8 users liked this post: Paul Waine Caballo Juan Tanamera tim_noone cricketfieldclarets Pimlico_Claret ClaretRoob Jeffbfc

FactualFrank

Post by FactualFrank » Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:18 pm

LoveCurryPies wrote:Make it to 2019.
Ironic you say that. I created the thread, because my aunt doesn't look like she'll make it that far. It made me think about things I've always said, "Yeah I'll do it, at some point" but never have.

BFCmaj
Been Liked: 391 times
Has Liked: 2107 times

Post by BFCmaj » Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:29 pm

I started writing a book two years ago this Christmas. I plan to finish writing it over the Christmas fortnight and I would love to get it published in 2018.
These 3 users liked this post: Juan Tanamera tim_noone KateR

LoveCurryPies

Post by LoveCurryPies » Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:33 pm

FactualFrank wrote:Ironic you say that. I created the thread, because my aunt doesn't look like she'll make it that far. It made me think about things I've always said, "Yeah I'll do it, at some point" but never have.
As the years pass, we increasingly lose more friends and life seems less sure, more fragile. Almost everyday, we lose musicians, film & tv stars, artists, writers, sports people....the people who made our lives richer and more enjoyable.

I feel I’ve accomplished everything that I wanted to do in life. I’ve had my career, travelled, got a nice home and loved a woman so much it hurt whenever we were apart and she made me try be a better man.

Most importantly, seen my kids grow up and start their careers. Of course, I want to see them get married and have their own families but maybe that won’t happen. In my heart, I know they will be great parents.
These 10 users liked this post: spadesclaret Juan Tanamera tim_noone cricketfieldclarets Vegas Claret The Enclosure Lancasterclaret Funkydrummer KateR Rodneyyouplonker

FactualFrank

Post by FactualFrank » Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:34 pm

What is the book about BFCmaj? I've often thought about writing a book of facts. Not sure if any bugger would buy it though, but I know many random facts which most people wouldn't be aware of but would be interested in knowing.

FactualFrank

Post by FactualFrank » Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:40 pm

LoveCurryPies wrote:As the years pass, we increasingly lose more friends and life seems less sure, more fragile. Almost everyday, we lose musicians, film & tv stars, artists, writers, sports people....the people who made our lives richer and more enjoyable.

I feel I’ve accomplished everything that I wanted to do in life. I’ve had my career, travelled, got a nice home and loved a woman so much it hurt whenever we were apart and she made me try be a better man.
'They' do say, when you get older you won't regret the things you did, but the things you didn't do. It sounds like you've nothing to regret over, which is all you can ask for, really.

I'm 38 on Saturday and I see it now as old. Time flies so quickly, that I genuinely have to pause for a second whenever asked my age. Hence the thread - it's not just to say what you wish to do - it's also a log. Something we can say we plan to do next year and come back and think, "I posted I was going to do that - I have to do it now".

spadesclaret
Been Liked: 2147 times
Has Liked: 3782 times

Post by spadesclaret » Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:43 pm

LoveCurryPies wrote:
Most importantly, seen my kids grow up and start their careers. Of course, I want to see them get married and have their own families but maybe that won’t happen. In my heart, I know they will be great parents.
LCP, my wish for you is that your children provide you with grandchildren, maybe not in 2018, but eventually. Being a grandparent in one of life's richest experiences. My elder granddaughter has recently celebrated her 20th birthday.
These 6 users liked this post: piston broke Juan Tanamera tim_noone cricketfieldclarets The Enclosure Lancasterclaret

piston broke
Been Liked: 1447 times
Has Liked: 1229 times

Post by piston broke » Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:47 pm

To get over for more matches. Turning OAP should help for the financing.
This user liked this post: cricketfieldclarets

LoveCurryPies

Post by LoveCurryPies » Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:50 pm

FactualFrank wrote:'They' do say, when you get older you won't regret the things you did, but the things you didn't do. It sounds like you've nothing to regret over, which is all you can ask for, really.

I'm 38 on Saturday and I see it now as old. Time flies so quickly, that I genuinely have to pause for a second whenever asked my age. Hence the thread - it's not just to say what you wish to do - it's also a log. Something we can say we plan to do next year and come back and think, "I posted I was going to do that - I have to do it now".
38 is an age when you are just getting established and definitely not old. It’s a mindset thing you need to change....I know because I was also brought up with the at 30, at 40, at 50....your finished. It’s complete boll@cks! You are only finished when you tell yourself that.

You need to tell yourself....I’m only 38, I can do anything I set my mind to. Go draw up a huge bucket list and the things you don’t do in 2018 can be carried over to all the following years.
These 6 users liked this post: tim_noone spadesclaret FactualFrank The Enclosure simonclaret DCWat

Sidney1st
Been Liked: 3547 times
Has Liked: 5594 times

Post by Sidney1st » Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:51 pm

FactualFrank wrote:'They' do say, when you get older you won't regret the things you did, but the things you didn't do. It sounds like you've nothing to regret over, which is all you can ask for, really.

You're older than me???
Ha brilliant :lol:

whentheballmoves
Been Liked: 133 times
Has Liked: 114 times

Post by whentheballmoves » Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:52 pm

I like the sound of the LL Canal walk. Am doing 55k in a day from Sowerby Bridge to Manchester in a day (allegedly) with mates. I'm aged 43 these days, 44 in March, and time is indeed marching on. It's depressing at times, and I've been to too many funerals, young and old, this past year, and it does give you a massive wake up call. I'm far less bothered about my career nowadays...if it wasn't for that bloody mortgage!!! Maybe I could add opening a micropub/beer shop in Sheffield? :-)

Bin Ont Turf
Been Liked: 5185 times
Has Liked: 803 times
Location: On top of a pink elephant riding to the Democratic Republic of Congo

Post by Bin Ont Turf » Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:52 pm

Is 'Bucket list' a Yankism?

Sidney1st
Been Liked: 3547 times
Has Liked: 5594 times

Post by Sidney1st » Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:54 pm

In regards to bucket list, I'm going to try and get fit enough to do a 10k run.

I'm also going to try and go watch a footy match abroad, with my kids if possible.

I'll think of some other things as I go along.

LoveCurryPies

Post by LoveCurryPies » Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:54 pm

spadesclaret wrote:LCP, my wish for you is that your children provide you with grandchildren, maybe not in 2018, but eventually. Being a grandparent in one of life's richest experiences. My elder granddaughter has recently celebrated her 20th birthday.
Hi Spades. I must admit my Dad only just met his grandson and sadly never met his granddaughter. I do think of all the conversations they should have had.

When my Mum was dying in hospital, my daughter had decided to be a nurse (just like Mum). My daughter received her nursing degree last week. Can’t help but feel Mum was looking down smiling. I certainly was bursting with pride.
These 7 users liked this post: tim_noone spadesclaret piston broke Dawlishclaret Funkydrummer KateR Foshiznik

tim_noone
Been Liked: 4384 times
Has Liked: 15117 times

Post by tim_noone » Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:03 pm

Your but a young lad ...good times ahead.!
These 3 users liked this post: FactualFrank Anonymous cricketfieldclarets

Chesterthedog
Been Liked: 20 times
Has Liked: 27 times

Post by Chesterthedog » Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:07 pm

Off to NZ for over a month, travelling around both islands. Trip of a lifetime I hope. We’re also off to the Centenary of the WW1 Armistice in Belgium and France next November. There won’t be another one.
These 2 users liked this post: whentheballmoves Paul Waine

Dawlishclaret
Been Liked: 136 times
Has Liked: 500 times

Post by Dawlishclaret » Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:12 pm

Great thread. My wife and I are in our 70's and fortunately still in fairly good health but increasingly conscious that many of our friends are not in such a good position: so my bucket list for 2018.
See more Burnley matches - home and away.
Tour around Sri Lanka - my wife has a very distant family connection.
Take our VW campervan on the Continent - our son bought us a ferry voucher recently....only enough for the outward journey though, not sure whether that is a hint.
Visit all our friends around the UK that we haven't seen for years.
Keep up my work for the Samaritans Postvention team - very sadly the demand seems to be increasing.
Continue to enjoy the grandchildren (9 and 11) and marvel at their grasp of IT.
Drink wine - in moderation of course!
Hopefully see Burnley continue to stay in the top half of the table.
Try and do the Yorkshire 3 Peaks again.
These 4 users liked this post: FactualFrank LoveCurryPies cricketfieldclarets tim_noone

whentheballmoves
Been Liked: 133 times
Has Liked: 114 times

Post by whentheballmoves » Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:12 pm

Always fancied the battlefields, etc... Won't be 2018, I wouldn't have thought...

FactualFrank

Post by FactualFrank » Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:12 pm

Bin Ont Turf wrote:Is 'Bucket list' a Yankism?
No, it's from the phrase 'kick the bucket'. But it was much more popularised when the film came out in 2007, just as coulrophobia was when IT came out in the 90s.

FactualFrank

Post by FactualFrank » Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:18 pm

Dawlishclaret wrote:Great thread. My wife and I are in our 70's and fortunately still in fairly good health but increasingly conscious that many of our friends are not in such a good position: so my bucket list for 2018.
See more Burnley matches - home and away.
Tour around Sri Lanka - my wife has a very distant family connection.
Take our VW campervan on the Continent - our son bought us a ferry voucher recently....only enough for the outward journey though, not sure whether that is a hint.
Visit all our friends around the UK that we haven't seen for years.
Keep up my work for the Samaritans Postvention team - very sadly the demand seems to be increasing.
Continue to enjoy the grandchildren (9 and 11) and marvel at their grasp of IT.
Drink wine - in moderation of course!
Hopefully see Burnley continue to stay in the top half of the table.
Try and do the Yorkshire 3 Peaks again.
That sounds like nice targets. Now - could you split that into monthly goals? It would be interesting to see if you can do them all by the month you set out. Example: Drink wine by 0.01am on the first of January :D
This user liked this post: Dawlishclaret

Paul Waine
Been Liked: 2350 times
Has Liked: 3178 times

Post by Paul Waine » Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:24 pm

Factual, as others have said, 38, you are just a youngster. So, so much ahead of you. I reached that age in 1991 - and so many great things have happened since then, things I would never have dreamed of putting on a bucket list. "70 is the new 40" is my view today. I'm off on a skiing holiday in Jan - and the first time I went skiing I was 44.

PS: I'm planning on writing my will in 2018. ;)
These 2 users liked this post: FactualFrank tim_noone

Paul Waine
Been Liked: 2350 times
Has Liked: 3178 times

Post by Paul Waine » Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:27 pm

Sidney1st wrote:In regards to bucket list, I'm going to try and get fit enough to do a 10k run.

I'm also going to try and go watch a footy match abroad, with my kids if possible.

I'll think of some other things as I go along.
We are all coming with you, Sidney, when the Clarets are in Europe.

UTC
This user liked this post: FactualFrank

IanMcL
Been Liked: 6362 times
Has Liked: 8705 times

Post by IanMcL » Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:34 pm

I become a pensioner next June. I look forward to a cheaper season ticket and cheaper away tickets!

BFCmaj
Been Liked: 391 times
Has Liked: 2107 times

Post by BFCmaj » Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:46 pm

FactualFrank wrote:What is the book about BFCmaj? I've often thought about writing a book of facts. Not sure if any bugger would buy it though, but I know many random facts which most people wouldn't be aware of but would be interested in knowing.
I am an instrumental music teacher it was out of necessity really. I was having trouble finding material to help teach beginners so I started writing my own stuff, backing tracks and all and it’s basically grown from there. I have been using it as I’ve been writing it and it seems to work really well so fingers crossed.

cricketfieldclarets
Been Liked: 8585 times
Has Liked: 11285 times

Post by cricketfieldclarets » Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:54 pm

First created one in 2012. And was one of best things i did. Things i always wanted to do and hadnt got round to. I put a three year limit on it and achieved most of them in that three years. I think creating the list is one thing but putting a specific measurement on it like time to achieve makes it something you focus on each more. Felt great ticking them off.

Literally just started a new one of 30 things to achieve in 3 years. If you break it down, 10 a year seems easily achievable.

Some are personal to me. Some are big and ambitious. Some less so but equally important. Some professional. Some hobbies.

Some of the old ones - climb a continents biggest mountain - 6 months after writing it down id climbed kilimanjaro.
Go on safari. Combined that with kilimanjaro.
Go to an international football comp and watch england. A few weeks after writing it went to Ukraine for the euros.
Start skiing. Been every year since.

Some of the others were less extravagent. But the travel related ones gave me something specific to aim for in a holiday rather than hot weather and beer.

Some of the newer ones are similar some straightforward.
Been at night college for 6 months studying Russian so aiming to master it by 2020.
Travel the trans siberian express.
Climb another continents highest mountain.
Climb the biggest mountain in 10 countries.
Hoping the latter two kick me into ticking some if not all of the big 7 and before you know it might want to do that. Unlikely as it sounds now.

Got loads i want to do personally, professionally and family wise. Having the list helps me track, measure and focus on them. Its a great idea i find.
These 4 users liked this post: jedi_master Dawlishclaret tim_noone JohnDearyMe

jedi_master
Been Liked: 3595 times
Has Liked: 1028 times

Post by jedi_master » Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:54 pm

I turned 31 today, so (sorry to people older!), it’s that time of year where I do genuinely feel time is moving on.

2017 has been a mentally draining year for me, for positive reasons I hasten to add (birth of my first child in August amongst other things).

2018 I already have two things that are massive happening to me, one, I am getting married in June after being with my partner for 10 years this coming January (and engaged since 2009!). Secondly, me and my (by then wife!) will be fulfilling a bucket list item for the pair of us, as we love theme parks and yet neither of us had ever done Florida - we go for three weeks in October for our honeymoon. To some Disney etc probably sounds horrific, but it’s genuinely bucket list worthy for us.

On a personal note, I have lost approaching 80 pounds in weight in the last year, I want to lose another 50 pounds between now and my wedding. I realise that’s more ‘new year resolution’ than bucket list, but there we go. Being thin is bucket list worthy to me!
These 4 users liked this post: LoveCurryPies Dawlishclaret FactualFrank Foshiznik

TVC15
Been Liked: 3321 times
Has Liked: 601 times

Post by TVC15 » Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:07 pm

Good on you Jedi

Florida is great - been there twice....my only regret is we never took the kids (though my wife was pregnant with my daughter when we went the 2nd time !)

The only issue you might have is staying on that diet whilst you are in Florida - the food is great and rather large portions !

Best of luck with the wedding !
This user liked this post: jedi_master

jedi_master
Been Liked: 3595 times
Has Liked: 1028 times

Post by jedi_master » Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:10 pm

TVC15 wrote:Good on you Jedi

Florida is great - been there twice....my only regret is we never took the kids (though my wife was pregnant with my daughter when we went the 2nd time !)

The only issue you might have is staying on that diet whilst you are in Florida - the food is great and rather large portions !

Best of luck with the wedding !
Cheers mate!

Yeah, the diet is getting relaxed in Florida, for sure! All them months of rice and chicken will afford me that pleasure I think!

FactualFrank

Post by FactualFrank » Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:13 pm

TVC15 wrote:Florida is great - been there twice
Ditto... although the second time I spent 2 weeks in a Florida hospital in Naples. My sister used to live there, so went to visit her. It's a nice place though from (Florida, not the hospital) what I rememeber of the first visit when I was 11.

If there's anybody who has kids and hasn't been to Disney World, I'd put that on their bucket list. Expensive, but worth it.

RammyClaret61
Been Liked: 1110 times
Has Liked: 301 times

Post by RammyClaret61 » Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:53 pm

Get myself a season ticket for the 2018/19 season. But this might have to be the season after. Here’s hoping.

chorleyhere
Been Liked: 206 times
Has Liked: 257 times

Post by chorleyhere » Sun Dec 17, 2017 11:07 pm

I would love to see a really spectacular display of the Northern Lights so that's still on the bucket list. Have managed to cross several off e.g. visit relatives in NZ and tour the islands for 5 weeks, visit Anne Franks house and Pompeii and tour Alaska. Always think it's best to have a long list as getting to the end of it is dangerous in terms of kicking things !!!
This user liked this post: cricketfieldclarets

Roosterbooster
Been Liked: 691 times
Has Liked: 362 times

Post by Roosterbooster » Sun Dec 17, 2017 11:32 pm

Without doubt, one of the nicest threads I’ve ever read. It has been a pleasure reading some of your posts. My best wishes to you all. At the moment, my bucket list consists of: write a bucket list
These 5 users liked this post: tim_noone FactualFrank cricketfieldclarets Dawlishclaret simonclaret

FactualFrank

Post by FactualFrank » Sun Dec 17, 2017 11:38 pm

Roosterbooster wrote:Without doubt, one of the nicest threads I’ve ever read. It has been a pleasure reading some of your posts. My best wishes to you all. At the moment, my bucket list consists of: write a bucket list
Thanks Rooster. A nice thing for you to say. And I know what you mean. I have 'To Do' lists which includes to create another list. Sometimes I think we spend too much time planning and organising, without actually doing.

JohnMac
Been Liked: 2378 times
Has Liked: 3801 times

Post by JohnMac » Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:05 am

The obvious statement is for me and my family to finish 2018 in excellent health.

My Wife, kids and grandkids should hopefully be okay.

My Brother is having a triple bypass on Jan 25th and is not in good shape and my Mum is 93.

Having them both here to fuss over occasionally throughout 2018 will be reward enough.

Chobulous
Been Liked: 955 times
Has Liked: 11 times

Post by Chobulous » Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:25 am

Retire

CJW
Been Liked: 144 times
Has Liked: 574 times

Post by CJW » Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:21 am

Shark dive.

aclaretinstevenage
Been Liked: 300 times
Has Liked: 730 times

Post by aclaretinstevenage » Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:32 am

FactualFrank wrote:What do you plan to do in 2018 that you've never done before?

I guess I'll start with the 127 mile walk of the Leeds-Liverpool canal, to kick things off.
I intend to retire. I've spent 47 years working to save for a rainy day and now want to make some hay while there is still a little sunshine left for me.

chorleyhere
Been Liked: 206 times
Has Liked: 257 times

Post by chorleyhere » Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:35 am

Go on and do it aclaretinstevenage, then everytime you look in the mirror a big smile will come on your face. make plans and carry them out !!!
This user liked this post: aclaretinstevenage

Fretters
Been Liked: 1045 times
Has Liked: 549 times

Post by Fretters » Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:08 am

As a lover of stand up comedy, I was convinced to give it a go three years ago at a charity bash. It was an amateur bands event but the organiser created a spot for me half way through. I did okay but there was a problem with the sound system which had been configured for music, not somebody speaking into a mic. The only place I could stand was in front of the speakers (the stage was behind them full of equipment so I had to stand on the dance floor area) so there was quite a lot of electrical feedback and nothing ruins a punchline more than something that sounds like a strangled cat. When there was no feedback, it turned out that only around 25% of the room could actually hear me. This wasn't something I knew until later on and seeing people talking amongst themselves during your debut act throws you a bit!

Anyway, I've always wondered how it would have gone without the sound issues. The people who could hear me seemed to enjoy it. Anyway, long story short, I've just decided to go for it and do it again in May. Five months today in fact. Gulp :o
These 3 users liked this post: cricketfieldclarets KateR Foshiznik

Steve1956
Been Liked: 6485 times
Has Liked: 2910 times

Post by Steve1956 » Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:33 pm

LoveCurryPies wrote:Make it to 2019.
Mine to LCP I retire in 2019... Roll on :)

Foshiznik
Been Liked: 722 times
Has Liked: 2028 times
Location: Computer matrix, IP not found- current code: 00101110100101001100100 1011101010100010101101010100100

Post by Foshiznik » Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:45 pm

I think it's a great idea to have yearly bucket lists, rather than a life long version. I turn 33 on saturday (23rd december) and up until 2016 had the dream of going to New York. Because it was a lifelong ambition, i kept putting it off. Long story cut short, I got cancer in 2016 and was out for the count for most of the year. It made me realise that putting things off was of no benefit to me and once fit, i booked a trip to NYC for february 2017 with all the trimmings, money considerations going out the window. I am so glad i did it, as it will live with me forever.

My 2018 list is alot less pricey, in that i want to watch the Clarets (I've only been fit enough to see them at Turf Moor twice in 24 months) and to get my fitness up to a satisfactory standard (I am overweight and very unfit) with the idea of doing some walk or run in 2019 to repay the cancer ward and charities that have helped me along the way(a secret ambition).
These 6 users liked this post: Steve1956 cricketfieldclarets TVC15 Lancasterclaret FactualFrank JohnDearyMe

cricketfieldclarets

Post by cricketfieldclarets » Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:51 pm

Foshiznik wrote:I think it's a great idea to have yearly bucket lists, rather than a life long version. I turn 33 on saturday (23rd december) and up until 2016 had the dream of going to New York. Because it was a lifelong ambition, i kept putting it off. Long story cut short, I got cancer in 2016 and was out for the count for most of the year. It made me realise that putting things off was of no benefit to me and once fit, i booked a trip to NYC for february 2017 with all the trimmings, money considerations going out the window. I am so glad i did it, as it will live with me forever.

My 2018 list is alot less pricey, in that i want to watch the Clarets (I've only been fit enough to see them at Turf Moor twice in 24 months) and to get my fitness up to a satisfactory standard (I am overweight and very unfit) with the idea of doing some walk or run in 2019 to repay the cancer ward and charities that have helped me along the way(a secret ambition).
Well said and good effort. Good luck with it all. Going on the turf one of the many things i take for granted.
This user liked this post: Foshiznik

Steve1956

Post by Steve1956 » Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:52 pm

Foshiznik wrote:I think it's a great idea to have yearly bucket lists, rather than a life long version. I turn 33 on saturday (23rd december) and up until 2016 had the dream of going to New York. Because it was a lifelong ambition, i kept putting it off. Long story cut short, I got cancer in 2016 and was out for the count for most of the year. It made me realise that putting things off was of no benefit to me and once fit, i booked a trip to NYC for february 2017 with all the trimmings, money considerations going out the window. I am so glad i did it, as it will live with me forever.

Good luck Fosh in everything you do,I hope you get to see us more and the team give you a boost by going from strength to strength...I wish you good health mate .

Lancasterclaret
Been Liked: 8058 times
Has Liked: 4714 times

Post by Lancasterclaret » Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:56 pm

Another here for a yearly bucket list that is achievable.

Ours last year was a family bike ride with three generations from where we live to Barrow-in-Furness and back (about 230 kms) and we did it over the summer.

This year its the coast to coast to Scarborough.

Little steps I know, but very satisfying and a great family memory.

Some cracking stories on this thread, I salute each and everyone of you!

Steve1956

Post by Steve1956 » Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:07 pm

RammyClaret61 wrote:Get myself a season ticket for the 2018/19 season. But this might have to be the season after. Here’s hoping.
Are you returning home to sunny Ramsbottom ..Rammy?

Dyched
Been Liked: 1922 times
Has Liked: 446 times

Post by Dyched » Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:12 pm

Hopefully I will get to spend 2/3 months in the usa. It gets a bad rep on this board at times but its my dream to see the small town/old america that still exists. From old dinners in manhattan to Joshua Tree. A year ago a took the train for 3 night/days from ny to california. It was the best 3 days of my life. Watching america drift by and listening to Dylan. Wonderful
These 3 users liked this post: Foshiznik JohnDearyMe Dawlishclaret

cricketfieldclarets

Post by cricketfieldclarets » Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:16 pm

Lancasterclaret wrote:Another here for a yearly bucket list that is achievable.

Ours last year was a family bike ride with three generations from where we live to Barrow-in-Furness and back (about 230 kms) and we did it over the summer.

This year its the coast to coast to Scarborough.

Little steps I know, but very satisfying and a great family memory.

Some cracking stories on this thread, I salute each and everyone of you!
Did the coast to coast to scarbrough with my dad. Very hard especially the second leg. Going into scarbrough with 20 miles to go seemed so close but took so long. Was a great weekend though. Did it in november a few years ago but weather was perfect.
This user liked this post: Lancasterclaret

Lancasterclaret
Been Liked: 8058 times
Has Liked: 4714 times

Post by Lancasterclaret » Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:16 pm

Goes without saying but watching Burnley play in Europe would tick off a lifetimes ambition as well
This user liked this post: Dyched

Foshiznik
Been Liked: 722 times
Has Liked: 2028 times
Location: Computer matrix, IP not found- current code: 00101110100101001100100 1011101010100010101101010100100

Post by Foshiznik » Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:20 pm

Dyched wrote:Hopefully I will get to spend 2/3 months in the usa. It gets a bad rep on this board at times but its my dream to see the small town/old america that still exists. From old dinners in manhattan to Joshua Tree. A year ago a took the train for 3 night/days from ny to california. It was the best 3 days of my life. Watching america drift by and listening to Dylan. Wonderful
Love the idea of this. Was it a sleeper train? Which places did you visit? Did you go alone? Genuinely very interested.