Marketing Burnley FC Worldwide

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
IanMcL
Been Liked: 6361 times
Has Liked: 8704 times

Marketing Burnley FC Worldwide

Post by IanMcL » Sun Dec 17, 2017 11:04 pm

Having been impressed by the Manchester City quest for world domination, which they will achieve, I am sure there is a non glossy version to be had too.

The world is full of working class folk, who respect a hard work, roll your sleeves up, survival ethic. They relate and identify with others of the same ilk. Perhaps this is the target market for Burnley. Honest hard work that brings success, if you persevere.
These 2 users liked this post: Duffer_ ontario claret

LoveCurryPies
Been Liked: 1600 times
Has Liked: 679 times

Re: Marketing Burnley FC Worldwide

Post by LoveCurryPies » Sun Dec 17, 2017 11:07 pm

I think the Club’s success is attracting international attention. We have huge reasons to be proud of Burnley.

Sidney1st
Been Liked: 3547 times
Has Liked: 5594 times

Post by Sidney1st » Sun Dec 17, 2017 11:15 pm

League position at the end of the season will give us more international attention than anything else.

If we finish in a European spot the spotlight will be well and truely on us.

scouseclaret
Been Liked: 858 times
Has Liked: 265 times

Post by scouseclaret » Sun Dec 17, 2017 11:22 pm

Do we really want to market the Club worldwide? God forbid we ever become a football tourist destination like Old Trafford.

Dyched
Been Liked: 1922 times
Has Liked: 446 times

Post by Dyched » Sun Dec 17, 2017 11:24 pm

People like City because they're successful (win trophies) and they can just say we've won this won that. Your armchair fans!

They're loads of working class clubs throughout the world that people support because it's they're local club.

Clarets4me
Been Liked: 2319 times
Has Liked: 1039 times

Post by Clarets4me » Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:13 am

I can see it now, an advert for the US market ....

( Glorious panoramic views over the Pennine Hills, drone swooping down onto Burnley, interior shots of Queen St Mill..the voiceover starts... )

" Imagine if every year, the worst two teams in the NFL, the NBA and the National Hockey League were forced to play at AAA standard and the top two teams from " The best of the rest ", entered the big time...
Crazy, ain't it ? Given a good run, folks in 80,000 population Cities could have worldwide attention, welcoming the Yankee's to their local ball-park, the Knicks throwing 3 pointers at a Municipal Auditorium in Billings, Montana, and the Cowboys going 3rd down and goal, at a tiny stadium in Murfreesboro, Tennessee !
Such a scenario happens in pro-Soccer regularly ! In English Soccer's EPL, a small town called Burnley, in Lancastershire has put together a roster of journeymen professionals, and are now challenging and beating the " big guys " on a regular basis in the world's most lucrative Soccer league.

Back in the day when Elvis and Little Richard were regularly topping the Billboard top 40, little ole Burnley were a force in the land. However,the economy took a nose dive, and this " rust-belt " town, built on mining British coal & weaving American cotton, and it's Soccer Club fell on hard times ! Now they're back ! Not backed by money from goddam Communists like the Chinese, or Ruski OIl gangsters, but by contributions from local boy made good types like Barry Kilby and Mick Garlick...home town heroes !

It's a Hollywood movie waiting to be made ! Success, decline, struggle and a glorious comeback ! So next time you stumble across EPL Soccer on cable, give a shout out for the " little guy ", Burnley FC, " America's Team "... ( View of the Turf fades away, to the sound of " Wise men say, only fools rush in, but I can't etc )....
These 4 users liked this post: RalphCoatesComb levraiclaret Foshiznik Wile E Coyote

Claretforever
Been Liked: 1035 times
Has Liked: 508 times

Post by Claretforever » Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:27 am

Clarets4me wrote:I can see it now, an advert for the US market ....

( Glorious panoramic views over the Pennine Hills, drone swooping down onto Burnley, interior shots of Queen St Mill..the voiceover starts... )

" Imagine if every year, the worst two teams in the NFL, the NBA and the National Hockey League were forced to play at AAA standard and the top two teams from " The best of the rest ", entered the big time...
Crazy, ain't it ? Given a good run, folks in 80,000 population Cities could have worldwide attention, welcoming the Yankee's to their local ball-park, the Knicks throwing 3 pointers at a Municipal Auditorium in Billings, Montana, and the Cowboys going 3rd down and goal, at a tiny stadium in Murfreesboro, Tennessee !
Such a scenario happens in pro-Soccer regularly ! In English Soccer's EPL, a small town called Burnley, in Lancastershire has put together a roster of journeymen professionals, and are now challenging and beating the " big guys " on a regular basis in the world's most lucrative Soccer league.

Back in the day when Elvis and Little Richard were regularly topping the Billboard top 40, little ole Burnley were a force in the land. However,the economy took a nose dive, and this " rust-belt " town, built on mining British coal & weaving American cotton, and it's Soccer Club fell on hard times ! Now they're back ! Not backed by money from goddam Communists like the Chinese, or Ruski OIl gangsters, but by contributions from local boy made good types like Barry Kilby and Mick Garlick...home town heroes !

It's a Hollywood movie waiting to be made ! Success, decline, struggle and a glorious comeback ! So next time you stumble across EPL Soccer on cable, give a shout out for the " little guy ", Burnley FC, " America's Team "... ( View of the Turf fades away, to the sound of " Wise men say, only fools rush in, but I can't etc )....

Absolutely loved reading that with a soft, southern American accent in my head. Ha

RalphCoatesComb
Been Liked: 2416 times
Has Liked: 2115 times

Post by RalphCoatesComb » Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:20 am

Brightened my Monday morning. Thank you.

"PROUDSVILLE - THE MOVIE"

RalphCoatesComb
Been Liked: 2416 times
Has Liked: 2115 times

Post by RalphCoatesComb » Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:21 am

Claretforever wrote:Absolutely loved reading that with a soft, southern American accent in my head. Ha
Like a Kevin Spacey? ;)

UpTheBeehole
Been Liked: 1157 times
Has Liked: 496 times

Post by UpTheBeehole » Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:47 am

America already has this: The Green Bay Packers

Foshiznik
Been Liked: 722 times
Has Liked: 2025 times
Location: Computer matrix, IP not found- current code: 00101110100101001100100 1011101010100010101101010100100

Post by Foshiznik » Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:53 am

You forgot to mention Burnley, living in the shadow of Old Trafford, an arena big enough to fit the entire population of the town within it's boundaries.

Clarets4me

Post by Clarets4me » Mon Dec 18, 2017 4:21 pm

Foshiznik wrote:You forgot to mention Burnley, living in the shadow of Old Trafford, an arena big enough to fit the entire population of the town within it's boundaries.
I thought I'd included quite enough cliches ! :D

I luv my wife
Been Liked: 23 times
Has Liked: 4 times

Post by I luv my wife » Mon Dec 18, 2017 4:46 pm

Clarets4me
We have some very articulate members on this message board

Somethingfishy
Been Liked: 727 times
Has Liked: 514 times

Post by Somethingfishy » Mon Dec 18, 2017 6:17 pm

scouseclaret wrote:Do we really want to market the Club worldwide? God forbid we ever become a football tourist destination like Old Trafford.
It has already started. Quite often hear american/canadian accents walking around the ground pre-match..Chinese, Japanese, Russian/Eastern European too.
Like it or not (and i like it) we are becoming interesting to the foreign fans of the Premier league and doubtless have our followers abroad.

ontario claret
Been Liked: 697 times
Has Liked: 1725 times

Post by ontario claret » Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:32 pm

We're even getting attention on Bein Sports.

cricketfieldclarets
Been Liked: 8585 times
Has Liked: 11285 times

Post by cricketfieldclarets » Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:05 pm

Ive said it before. We should absoluteky play on our stereotypes to become a unique attraction.

Football tourism is big business now. And what sets us apart is the quirkiness. The post above while tongue in cheek is a good one.

What other premier league club has:

4 unmatching stands
Wooden seats
A cricket ground on the same land
Benny and hot
Views of the moors, chimneys and terraces
A town centte stadium
Etc etc

We should go full hog. And have black puddings, pendle witches ale, claret flat caps in the club shop, whippet racing at half time and official accommodation at the keirby... Ok the last two are pushing it.

But we are in a huge football area. We should aim to maximise the locality to three airports and even other clubs. But emphasisng why we differ from the sanitised world of plastic stadiums and tunnel clubs.
This user liked this post: ontario claret

upanatem
Been Liked: 80 times
Has Liked: 96 times

Post by upanatem » Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:17 am

BFC could interview davemanu2000 for the job of International Marketing Manager whilst he's over here in the UK. I'm sure he could do a job for us.

No Ney Never
Been Liked: 895 times
Has Liked: 328 times

Post by No Ney Never » Tue Dec 19, 2017 10:19 am

"Lancastershire" :lol: Good un Clarets4me, a good post and the word what made it for me.

Roosterbooster
Been Liked: 691 times
Has Liked: 362 times

Post by Roosterbooster » Tue Dec 19, 2017 3:07 pm

cricketfieldclarets wrote:claret flat caps in the club shop
Already do Burnley flat caps

Pstotto
Been Liked: 1024 times
Has Liked: 763 times

Post by Pstotto » Tue Dec 19, 2017 5:24 pm

I hate Burnley's so far attempt at marketing their players. It's a disaster. Stick to football and definitely not Ashley Barnes's hair issues.

IanMcL
Been Liked: 6361 times
Has Liked: 8704 times

Post by IanMcL » Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:14 pm

Perhaps we should do Claret and Blue Chairman Mao outfits for the Chinese market and dungarees for the yanks,made from Burnley milled cotton.

The team/club/town is unique in size to be a prem regular and yet historically a founding member of the first football league and still at its ground. Turf Moor should be a must visit ground just for that.

Pstotto
Been Liked: 1024 times
Has Liked: 763 times

Post by Pstotto » Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:21 pm

What one markets oneself as, can be turned round and used against one. Leave the hair thing to Wayne Rooney. Keep the media away from distracting the team from being what they want to be. I still can't believe Stoichkov and Figo having a laugh around the fridge as it's all quids in if you eat Danone. I bet Islamic State watch stuff like that (when they're not in the supermarkets busy stocking up on Nutella.)

Clarets4me

Post by Clarets4me » Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:28 pm

IanMcL wrote:Perhaps we should do Claret and Blue Chairman Mao outfits for the Chinese market and dungarees for the yanks,made from Burnley milled cotton.The team/club/town is unique in size to be a prem regular and yet historically a founding member of the first football league and still at its ground. Turf Moor should be a must visit ground just for that.
Our Irish contingent should be a USP for the American market, given the amount of them who get misty eyed on St Patricks Day or watching a re-run of " The Quiet Man " .... James Tarkowski would appeal to the Polish-Americans ( Polaks )... ;)