I want Dyche to go

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
7decades
Been Liked: 113 times
Has Liked: 69 times

I want Dyche to go

Post by 7decades » Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:35 am

and manage the England cricket team !!

MarkGreen
Been Liked: 479 times
Has Liked: 136 times

Re: I want Dyche to go

Post by MarkGreen » Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:39 am

These 4 users liked this post: TomtheClaret Leisure houseboy tim_noone

houseboy
Been Liked: 2238 times
Has Liked: 1617 times

Post by houseboy » Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:43 pm

7decades wrote:and manage the England cricket team !!
I don't like cricket. I don't really care if they win or not. Ergo: the above post is of course nonsense.

Question: How did anyone manage to invent a game that is both boring AND dangerous? When I was at school my loathing of cricket didn't prevent me from being in the school team occasionally because, although I can't bat or bowl in any way shape or form, I was put in the field because I was quick and displayed an ability to catch a ball. This skill lead to me being in one of two positions, either slips (only occasionally) or in a ridiculous position known as mid-on (or more commonly silly mid-on). It was here that I learned that the game I believed to be boring in the extreme became dangerous. If the batsman hits the ball in a natural and common way mid-on becomes basically a firing range and the fielder is the bloody target. Given that a cricket ball is A - hard and B - fast if hit correctly I found myself spending half the time ducking. I came to the conclusion that I was in the team not for my fielding ability but because the PE teacher didn't like me. Either way this whole exciting interlude in my life only served to make me hate the damn game even more.

I don't care that we lost the Ashes.
These 4 users liked this post: Jel JTClaret cricketfieldclarets MrClaretandBlue

dpinsussex
Been Liked: 1047 times
Has Liked: 1187 times

Post by dpinsussex » Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:36 pm

houseboy wrote:I don't like cricket. I don't really care if they win or not. Ergo: the above post is of course nonsense.

Question: How did anyone manage to invent a game that is both boring AND dangerous? When I was at school my loathing of cricket didn't prevent me from being in the school team occasionally because, although I can't bat or bowl in any way shape or form, I was put in the field because I was quick and displayed an ability to catch a ball. This skill lead to me being in one of two positions, either slips (only occasionally) or in a ridiculous position known as mid-on (or more commonly silly mid-on). It was here that I learned that the game I believed to be boring in the extreme became dangerous. If the batsman hits the ball in a natural and common way mid-on becomes basically a firing range and the fielder is the bloody target. Given that a cricket ball is A - hard and B - fast if hit correctly I found myself spending half the time ducking. I came to the conclusion that I was in the team not for my fielding ability but because the PE teacher didn't like me. Either way this whole exciting interlude in my life only served to make me hate the damn game even more.

Catch the damn thing you wuss :)
These 2 users liked this post: box_of_frogs Bertiebeehead

cricketfieldclarets
Been Liked: 8585 times
Has Liked: 11285 times

Post by cricketfieldclarets » Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:34 pm

houseboy wrote:I don't like cricket. I don't really care if they win or not. Ergo: the above post is of course nonsense.

Is that you Lee Grant?
This user liked this post: houseboy

ablueclaret
Been Liked: 403 times
Has Liked: 50 times

Post by ablueclaret » Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:12 am

Without Irish imports he'd do nothing.

houseboy

Post by houseboy » Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:31 am

dpinsussex wrote:Catch the damn thing you wuss :)
I did a few times and that's what made them keep picking me. I eventually figured that if I was sh!t they would drop me. I don't like cricket you see so it was no loss to my life when they eventually realised I wasn't actually enjoying myself. I also played rugby union, which I enjoyed immensely.

bobinho
Been Liked: 4093 times
Has Liked: 6568 times

Post by bobinho » Tue Dec 19, 2017 10:59 am

I like cricket. And I support England. But anyone, ANYONE, who wants SD to leave Burnley to manage a cricket team must never be allowed to access the Internet ever again.

Yes, I know it was tongue in cheek, and he probably didn’t mean it, but all the same....

cutsy123
Been Liked: 697 times
Has Liked: 351 times

Post by cutsy123 » Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:24 am

Cricket is terrible

houseboy

Post by houseboy » Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:29 am

bobinho wrote:I like cricket. And I support England. But anyone, ANYONE, who wants SD to leave Burnley to manage a cricket team must never be allowed to access the Internet ever again.

Yes, I know it was tongue in cheek, and he probably didn’t mean it, but all the same....
It IS a damned disgraceful suggestion even in jest. Mr Dyche (or Sean to me) has a job to do in the same way that God did when he/she/it created the world (did you notice my little nod in the direction of PC there - a gender, non-specific reference to God - even if there is one)? Sean has to carry on creating and honing and fine tuning this well-oiled machine that is Burnley football club so no commitment to any outside influence is allowed I'm afraid.
Fredric Nietzsche once coined the famous phrase 'God is Dead', and if Sean ever leaves us to go elsewhere I believe that is how we will feel at the time.

***Nietzsche, whilst being a brilliant thinker (although more than a little bonkers, literally) kind of missed his own point with that famous phrase. He was an atheist so pronouncing dead that which you believe to be non-existent was a little illogical (although I THINK he meant 'the church' really).