Standing at Man City

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Claretforever
Been Liked: 1035 times
Has Liked: 509 times

Re: Standing at Man City

Post by Claretforever » Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:12 am

Great at old Trafford standing, but my Grandad really struggled with his knees, and could barely walk for a bit after the game. If we’d had rail seats he’d have been fine, because he’d have had something to lean against, but it’s hard work on the older folk and youngsters to be fair.

I used to crave standing, but I now can take it or leave it and don’t mind either way where I am, but do think standing of some sort should be reintroduced to give people an option.
These 2 users liked this post: box_of_frogs ClaretTony

claptrappers_union
Been Liked: 1771 times
Has Liked: 359 times

Post by claptrappers_union » Sat Jan 06, 2018 8:39 pm

So was it persistent standing then?

Woodleyclaret
Been Liked: 1489 times
Has Liked: 1848 times

Post by Woodleyclaret » Sat Jan 06, 2018 8:51 pm

We had to move eight times v City away and finally two lads swopped our row z tickets for their front row ones.
We have been put off attending away games as we can't stand up due to health reasons and fans who insist on standing regardless of whose behind them.
Allocating the first five rows to those who can't stand is a start .
This user liked this post: Juan Tanamera

cricketfieldclarets
Been Liked: 8585 times
Has Liked: 11285 times

Post by cricketfieldclarets » Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:24 pm

claptrappers_union wrote:So was it persistent standing then?
No. Wqs standing from our row backwards on the top. Some behind wanted to sit so changed with some others in front of them. Some older fans further down the front switched around with some younger fans too.

Then our section and those behind us including nany kids and older fans wanted to stand. Even despite the sell out was no issues.

ClaretTony
Been Liked: 32530 times
Has Liked: 5276 times

Post by ClaretTony » Sun Jan 07, 2018 6:09 pm

Claretforever wrote:Great at old Trafford standing, but my Grandad really struggled with his knees, and could barely walk for a bit after the game. If we’d had rail seats he’d have been fine, because he’d have had something to lean against, but it’s hard work on the older folk and youngsters to be fair.

I used to crave standing, but I now can take it or leave it and don’t mind either way where I am, but do think standing of some sort should be reintroduced to give people an option.
Nail on the head is that. Having something to lean on when forced to stand makes a massive difference.

As it happens, I didn't suffer for my standing at Old Trafford at all. I was fine walking after the game and also on the following day. But I struggled with Huddersfield, was in pain during the second half and could hardly walk the day after. Yesterday I was able to sit through the entire match with no one stood in front of me.
These 2 users liked this post: Woodleyclaret Sidney1st

aggi
Been Liked: 2119 times

Post by aggi » Sun Jan 07, 2018 11:02 pm

ClaretTony wrote:All seats are reserved for sitting down but we have to sell the tickets in the order decided by the home club and we are not permitted to deviate from that.
I thought the ticket order was by block rather than at a seat/row basis so you could sell from the back/front of a block.

ClaretTony
Been Liked: 32530 times
Has Liked: 5276 times

Post by ClaretTony » Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:21 am

aggi wrote:I thought the ticket order was by block rather than at a seat/row basis so you could sell from the back/front of a block.
Not necessarily. I'm certainly aware of a good number of clubs who have a very strict selling order, seat by seat.

IanMcL
Been Liked: 6386 times
Has Liked: 8733 times

Post by IanMcL » Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:24 pm

ClaretTony wrote:I'm fully aware of at least three people now who weren't able to watch the match because of people standing in front of them and they were all on the front three rows.
Seats are for sitting on. Nothing worse thatch having to stand for an hour and a half and get a worse view than when sat down.

My legs lock up and it is no fun. People should be made to sit for safety sake. Standing is for terraces.

aggi
Been Liked: 2119 times

Post by aggi » Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:53 pm

ClaretTony wrote:Not necessarily. I'm certainly aware of a good number of clubs who have a very strict selling order, seat by seat.
I was more thinking of the Premier League regulations rather than actual clubs. I imagine we don't have much choice other than to abide by the former but there isn't much that can be done if we don't abide by the latter.

Indecisive
Been Liked: 400 times
Has Liked: 68 times

Post by Indecisive » Mon Jan 08, 2018 2:02 pm

I've only ever stood when those in front have.

Personal preference is to stand, and I do feel it tends to aid atmosphere.

However on Saturday I was dying to sit down. Could see half the stand was sat but where we were everyone was stood. I had a four year old with me, so spent the the entire game holding him up. Add the need to carry him on my shoulders for the walk from the City centre before and after the game and I was aching like mad yesterday!

The rail seating has to come. The current situation is not great at all. From a personal point of view Saturday highlighted the issue, and made me appreciate a bit more that some are probably having to give the away games a miss purely for this reason. That's really not good whatever way you look at it.