Has anybody decided to lose weight this year?

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
ŽižkovClaret
Been Liked: 2169 times
Has Liked: 3104 times

Re: Has anybody decided to lose weight this year?

Post by ŽižkovClaret » Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:32 pm

GodIsADeeJay81 wrote:Still not sorting out my dietary side of it :roll:

Bloke at my footy has lost 11kgs / 1.7 stone in 2-3 weeks but he's on the Keto diet.
Going to be interesting to see if he can maintain the lower weight when he stops the diet.
I'm no expert but i'll not be having bacon eggs and sausage for breakfast every day ha.

I have worked out a weekend treat of low fat black pud slices (3% fat) dry fried or done in the oven, covered in beans in a dish, then 3/4 egss cracked on top and covered then microwaved. Its allowed on my diet and makes you feel like you aren't depriving yourself of a weekend "fry up" without breaking the diet.

South West Claret.
Been Liked: 766 times
Has Liked: 499 times

Post by South West Claret. » Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:01 pm

Factual Frank’s last post was on p228 and most before have been “Edited” has he been banned for something?

ŽižkovClaret
Been Liked: 2169 times
Has Liked: 3104 times

Post by ŽižkovClaret » Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:10 pm

South West Claret. wrote:Factual Frank’s last post was on p228 and most before have been “Edited” has he been banned for something?
Acting the James Hunt? Going off replies to his edited posts?

MRG
Been Liked: 361 times
Has Liked: 154 times

Post by MRG » Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:13 pm

The Keto diet has so much medical evidence behind it these days. It has come a long way from people drinking coffee with butter in it.

The science says that if you have no carbs to burn your body will burn fat stores. Keep carbs very low, hit your protein macros and use fats to fill up and your body will burn stored fat.

Tyson Fury is an obvious example of this working and he’s keeping the weight off

JohnMac
Been Liked: 2378 times
Has Liked: 3806 times

Post by JohnMac » Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:19 pm

I've gone from 17st 4lbs to 18st 5lbs over the past 12 months.

This retirement lark is great but I need to get back on the SW plan.

Inchy
Been Liked: 1340 times
Has Liked: 98 times

Post by Inchy » Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:21 pm

Anyone still on with this?

I’m still 11.4

Any less and I look unwell.

GodIsADeeJay81
Been Liked: 3436 times
Has Liked: 6339 times

Post by GodIsADeeJay81 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:29 pm

18.5 - 19 stone, down from just over 21 stone in June last year.

Had cellulitis for the last couple of months so fitness activities are a no right now :roll:

I'm still careful with the food, which is why the weight is staying levelish

Inchy

Post by Inchy » Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:45 pm

FactualFrank wrote:Haha. I earn more than enough to show I'm doing something right - and I basically earn from writing factual stuff. What you are saying has some merit to it - of course it does. Throw enough mud at the wall and some of it will stay there. But overall, you have taken the UptheClaret's supply of bullshit, so I ask you kindly - get off the thread.

The articles you post do not confirm anything - anybody with 3 braincells know that. You're trying to convince somebody who knows that what you're saying is incorrect. It's like trying to tell somebody to drive on the right side of the road in the UK. People won't do it, regardless of how many times you try and tell them.

Stop Weighing Yourself Every Day - https://caliberstrong.com/stop-weighing ... every-day/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Please - get off the thread. You're just confusing people.

How’s the weight loss going frank?
I’m still weighing myself daily. It’s great, gives me a really good view of body weight fluctuations and affirms my weight loss when I’m feeling I’m not doing well.

How’s the weekly weigh ins going?
Last edited by Inchy on Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Inchy

Post by Inchy » Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:45 pm

GodIsADeeJay81 wrote:18.5 - 19 stone, down from just over 21 stone in June last year.

Had cellulitis for the last couple of months so fitness activities are a no right now :roll:

I'm still careful with the food, which is why the weight is staying levelish

Cellulitis is bloody awful, hope you’re alright.

GodIsADeeJay81

Post by GodIsADeeJay81 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:52 pm

Inchy wrote:Cellulitis is bloody awful, hope you’re alright.
I knew I was ill when I stopped at my local shop and fell asleep in the car for an hour, went straight home from there and was in bed asleep by half 6pm and woke up the next day at about half 7am.
The only time I do that is when I've been up all of the previous night gaming or being out, which I hadn't done at the time.

Cost me a fortune in medication and I've visited the docs more times this year for myself than I have in the previous 4-5 years I think.

Credit where it's due for the docs though, whenever I've rang they've got me in quickly, including ringing at half 3pm, getting a phone call back from the doctor and getting an appointment for 5pm the same day.

I'm no longer on the medication, but I think it might be coming back so I'll be ringing the docs again on Monday potentially :roll:

Inchy

Post by Inchy » Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:00 pm

GodIsADeeJay81 wrote:I knew I was ill when I stopped at my local shop and fell asleep in the car for an hour, went straight home from there and was in bed asleep by half 6pm and woke up the next day at about half 7am.
The only time I do that is when I've been up all of the previous night gaming or being out, which I hadn't done at the time.

Cost me a fortune in medication and I've visited the docs more times this year for myself than I have in the previous 4-5 years I think.

Credit where it's due for the docs though, whenever I've rang they've got me in quickly, including ringing at half 3pm, getting a phone call back from the doctor and getting an appointment for 5pm the same day.

I'm no longer on the medication, but I think it might be coming back so I'll be ringing the docs again on Monday potentially :roll:

It’s a bugger to fully get rid of. I’m a critical care nurse and I often have to educate people/ other nurses on how serious it can be. Hope you get it shifted
Last edited by Inchy on Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Inchy

Post by Inchy » Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:02 pm

clarethomer wrote:Probably not - its the first time I have been asked to not post on a thread for not being the same view of another poster. I wouldnt have responded further if factual hadn't basically called me out for mis informing others when Im clearly not.

How you getting on with it?

Be interested to see if you was right or frank was right

;)

GodIsADeeJay81

Post by GodIsADeeJay81 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:03 pm

Inchy wrote:It’s a bugger to fully get rid off. I’m a critical care nurse and I often have to educate people/ other nurses on how serious it can be. Hope you get it shifted
Cheers
I'm working on it, just have to keep an eye on my leg for swelling and the temperature compared to the other one.

Swizzlestick
Been Liked: 1507 times
Has Liked: 580 times

Post by Swizzlestick » Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:36 pm

Also trying out the keto diet, and really seems to be working for me - lost about a stone and a half in a two month period. Certainly not for everyone though and some days I really crave bread/chips/pizza, though it's amazing how much your appetite reduces.

Page 4 is popcorn worthy btw (ironically, for a diet thread).

South West Claret.
Been Liked: 766 times
Has Liked: 499 times

Post by South West Claret. » Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:49 pm

I’ve started and lost two kilos so far.