Has anybody decided to lose weight this year?

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
aberclaret
Been Liked: 31 times
Has Liked: 34 times

Re: Has anybody decided to lose weight this year?

Post by aberclaret » Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:03 pm

not read all of this, but yes started almost 2 years ago. Im 4lbs off 5 stone
These 4 users liked this post: Pearcey FactualFrank cricketfieldclarets JohnMac

Rarosdiablo
Been Liked: 45 times
Has Liked: 101 times

Post by Rarosdiablo » Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:30 pm

deanothedino wrote:That's what I meant. 95% of the time it should be fuel. If you are rewarding yourself with a pizza because you got out of bed this morning then your relationship with food is broken. If you are rewarding yourself with a pizza (or your favourite treat of choice) because you just nailed that big project at work then that's perfectly normal.
Now that I agree with, I think the problem is that bad food is pushed all the time, pizza, burgers, chocolate and sweets are cheap and easy so people succumb all the time.
Small amounts of treat food are fantastic and won't make you unhealthy unless you have an existing health issue. Balanced diet and lots of exercise will generally keep you healthy but children are much less active than they used to be because of safety concerns and it becomes a lifetime habit as they grow older.

jdrobbo
Been Liked: 4831 times
Has Liked: 947 times

Post by jdrobbo » Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:37 pm

I had steak and chips for tea last night but have run around 40km this week. Exercise is the key.

Pearcey
Been Liked: 1149 times
Has Liked: 1443 times

Post by Pearcey » Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:46 am

jdrobbo wrote:I had steak and chips for tea last night but have run around 40km this week. Exercise is the key.
Very true. Promotes mental wellbeing too. You need to be ready up top to lose weight successfully. Cycling and swimming is good for me.

Alanstevensonsgloves
Been Liked: 343 times
Has Liked: 399 times

Post by Alanstevensonsgloves » Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:29 am

I think my question got lost in the thermadynamics or whatever debate, but how have people overcome the excess skin associated with weight loss? Or has it not been a problem?

Pearcey

Post by Pearcey » Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:30 am

Alanstevensonsgloves wrote:I think my question got lost in the thermadynamics or whatever debate, but how have people overcome the excess skin associated with weight loss? Or has it not been a problem?
Don’t lose weight too fast would be my guess. Not been a problem for me.

Woodleyclaret
Been Liked: 1485 times
Has Liked: 1846 times

Post by Woodleyclaret » Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:09 am

And last year and the ones before that !

Rarosdiablo
Been Liked: 45 times
Has Liked: 101 times

Post by Rarosdiablo » Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:12 am

Alanstevensonsgloves wrote:I think my question got lost in the thermadynamics or whatever debate, but how have people overcome the excess skin associated with weight loss? Or has it not been a problem?
I've never had a problem but I would agree with previous poster.dont lose weight too quickly and make sure you keep your skin supple. Maybe try and condition it with cream or oil?

FactualFrank
Been Liked: 6930 times
Has Liked: 11660 times

Post by FactualFrank » Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:46 am

Pearcey wrote:Very true. Promotes mental wellbeing too. You need to be ready up top to lose weight successfully. Cycling and swimming is good for me.
Eating well has been shown to be the key, over exercise. Of course you need to do both, but you can lose weight eating well with little exercise. A crap eating lifestyle mixed with exercise often just isnt enough.
This user liked this post: LeadBelly

MACCA
Been Liked: 4360 times

Post by MACCA » Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:44 am

Time is a big factor for me. I need to get 3 or 4, 30 minute meals that will fill me, be tasty and also could be suitable for my 2 kids to also eat.
The amount of times I find myself with 45 minutes spare to make and eat tea before having to leave the house for 1 reason or another makes unhealthy choices easy choices.

So I might get 3 or 4 well balanced meals a week, the other 3 or 4 times will be something easy rustle up that isn't the best health wise.

I always get 1 takeaway treat a week weather it's eating out, or getting a Chinese or Indian.

I've been doing more slow cooker meals and/or making curries, chilli etc that can be easily accessed during the week, for the times I have no time.

Also I think I'm a bread addict ( seriously ) I was talking to friends where I explained I was down to 2 or 3 slices a day from about 8, and they were gobsmacked and all said that they barely had 8 slices a week, never mind a day

Anyone else a bread addict, know how to cut it out, or have a healthier option?

If it be your will
Been Liked: 500 times
Has Liked: 509 times

Post by If it be your will » Sun Jan 14, 2018 1:49 pm

Last edited by If it be your will on Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

FactualFrank

Post by FactualFrank » Sun Jan 14, 2018 2:00 pm

MACCA wrote:Anyone else a bread addict, know how to cut it out, or have a healthier option?
There's no need to cut it out completely. It's got protein, folate, iron, fibre, calcium, magnesium and several B vitamins. And there's been studies to suggest that white bread isn't any worse for you than wholemeal, however it was a short term study.

starting_11
Been Liked: 1 time
Has Liked: 832 times

Post by starting_11 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 2:01 pm

Try corn things instead of wheat.

Tortillas for example.

Another suggestion is lettuce cups - similar to Yuk Sung if you like Chinese food - you can put whatever you like in them.
This user liked this post: cricketfieldclarets

MACCA

Post by MACCA » Sun Jan 14, 2018 2:15 pm

I've cut out the weekly cheesy topped tiger bread.
The other fresh bread is once a month at most and only when we have a cheese and meats night.
I'm also on kingsmill 50/50 rather than white bread on request of the Mrs, which after several months isn't so bad. I've also cut out Lurpak and gone for flora, as although my bread habit was bad, smothered in lurpak was adding to my issues.

FactualFrank

Post by FactualFrank » Sun Jan 14, 2018 2:17 pm

Macca, get the MyFitnessPal added to your phone.

It takes a bit of effort in the first few days adding foods, but it makes you want to eat better. Also add something like RunKeeper, as that can connect to MFP and automatically deduct calories you work off, meaning you can always eat those back heathily.

deanothedino
Been Liked: 695 times
Has Liked: 297 times

Post by deanothedino » Sun Jan 14, 2018 3:45 pm

jdrobbo wrote:I had steak and chips for tea last night but have run around 40km this week. Exercise is the key.
You can't outrun a bad diet! Saying that, steak and chips isn't that awful in the grand scheme of things - assuming you don't have it every night and it isn't one full plate of chips and one full plate of steak of course.

deanothedino

Post by deanothedino » Sun Jan 14, 2018 3:51 pm

MACCA wrote:I've cut out the weekly cheesy topped tiger bread.
The other fresh bread is once a month at most and only when we have a cheese and meats night.
I'm also on kingsmill 50/50 rather than white bread on request of the Mrs, which after several months isn't so bad. I've also cut out Lurpak and gone for flora, as although my bread habit was bad, smothered in lurpak was adding to my issues.
Lurpack is better for you than Flora, margarine is a con from the fat is bad for you age. Plenty of studies lately show that butter is better for you.

On bread, I used to have 4 slices a day as a minimum (two sandwiches at lunch) unfortunately the only way to properly cut it out is cold turkey. I replaced it with salads find some stuff you like, with some nicely cooked chicken (no sugary marinades) and then put a bit of mayo on it (be sensible) and that's a pretty good lunch. I still have a but of bread at the weekend for a bacon butty, don't torture yourself if you love a bacon butty.

For evening meals that are quick. Veg and meat/fish takes 20 minutes tops, less if you get the frozen bagged veg. Pork loins, chops, fillets of fish all cook in under 10 minutes in a frying pan. Use olive oil, coconut oil or butter rather than vegetable oil in the pan and you've got an easy evening meal there.
These 2 users liked this post: Walton cricketfieldclarets

MACCA

Post by MACCA » Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:19 pm

deanothedino wrote:Lurpack is better for you than Flora, margarine is a con from the fat is bad for you age. Plenty of studies lately show that butter is better for you.

On bread, I used to have 4 slices a day as a minimum (two sandwiches at lunch) unfortunately the only way to properly cut it out is cold turkey. I replaced it with salads find some stuff you like, with some nicely cooked chicken (no sugary marinades) and then put a bit of mayo on it (be sensible) and that's a pretty good lunch. I still have a but of bread at the weekend for a bacon butty, don't torture yourself if you love a bacon butty.

For evening meals that are quick. Veg and meat/fish takes 20 minutes tops, less if you get the frozen bagged veg. Pork loins, chops, fillets of fish all cook in under 10 minutes in a frying pan. Use olive oil, coconut oil or butter rather than vegetable oil in the pan and you've got an easy evening meal there.
Cheers for That!
FactualFrank wrote:Macca, get the MyFitnessPal added to your phone.

It takes a bit of effort in the first few days adding foods, but it makes you want to eat better. Also add something like RunKeeper, as that can connect to MFP and automatically deduct calories you work off, meaning you can always eat those back heathily.
I'll do that now, cheers

MACCA

Post by MACCA » Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:32 pm

FactualFrank wrote:Macca, get the MyFitnessPal added to your phone.

Set both of those up. Might end up picking your brains about it as I'm not to clever with technology.

Shame we can't do an UTC group to see how each of us do on the app

jdrobbo
Been Liked: 4831 times
Has Liked: 947 times

Post by jdrobbo » Sun Jan 14, 2018 5:04 pm

deanothedino wrote:You can't outrun a bad diet! Saying that, steak and chips isn't that awful in the grand scheme of things - assuming you don't have it every night and it isn't one full plate of chips and one full plate of steak of course.
I agree. Definitely don't eat that all the time. It's veg and protein most days.

Another 10km run this morning too.

Tea tonight is chilli, made with lean turkey mince and served with brown rice.

cricketfieldclarets
Been Liked: 8585 times
Has Liked: 11285 times

Post by cricketfieldclarets » Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:38 am

If it be your will wrote:Wholemeal is much less fattening (despite similar calories) because it's less easily broken down. The problem is, wholemeal isn't as nice. If you live near a Booth's, their fresh 'Low GI' bread is perfectly good, though.
Cut out white bread and eat wholemeal or brown and you will soon get used to it and become to like it if you dont to start. when you revert to white you will struggle to understand how you ever liked it!

Eating healthy is easy and tasty.

Proper salads are quick to make and need no seasoning or sauce with the right combination of flavours and from the right place (proper grocers).

cricketfieldclarets

Post by cricketfieldclarets » Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:39 am

Also make sure the bread is from a bakery not packaged as its full of **** of its packaged. Preservatives, sugar etc

cricketfieldclarets

Post by cricketfieldclarets » Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:41 am

MACCA wrote:I've cut out the weekly cheesy topped tiger bread.
Butter is far better than flora or lurpak. It may have more fat but its entirely natural. Unlike the other two.

50/50 will still be full of preservatives and suchlike.

cricketfieldclarets

Post by cricketfieldclarets » Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:43 am

Also a steamer is a godsend. Cooks fish, veg, rice all in one quickly and effortlessly.

pushpinpussy
Been Liked: 895 times
Has Liked: 134 times

Post by pushpinpussy » Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:20 am

They appears to be a lot of depressed and obese people who use this forum. Depression can lead to overeating and weight gain; obesity can lead to overwhelming sadness. You need to learn how to break the cycle.

Inchy
Been Liked: 1333 times
Has Liked: 95 times

Post by Inchy » Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:35 am

But you are massive! Hence why you are a good keeper. Fill the net

FactualFrank

Post by FactualFrank » Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:51 am

Weighing time.

Last Monday 8/1: 13 stones 10.0
Today 15/1: 13 stones 6.4

Loss of 3.6 pounds so far.
These 3 users liked this post: Pearcey cricketfieldclarets piston broke

Inchy
Been Liked: 1333 times
Has Liked: 95 times

Post by Inchy » Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:09 am

just say you have lost 4 lbs. You will lose 0.04 of a pound by picking your nose. Just make sure you don't eat it.

I lost 4lbs in my first week. Went from 14.1 to 13.11. Weighing myself again tomorrow.

deanothedino

Post by deanothedino » Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:43 pm

cricketfieldclarets wrote:Butter is far better than flora or lurpak. It may have more fat but its entirely natural. Unlike the other two.

50/50 will still be full of preservatives and suchlike.
Assume you’re referring to Lurpack Spreadable as normal Lurpack is just butter.

Spijed
Been Liked: 2895 times
Has Liked: 1294 times

Post by Spijed » Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:51 pm

A good comparison between wine/beer v food in terms of calories

https://www.drinkaware.co.uk/alcohol-fa ... uivalents/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

MACCA

Post by MACCA » Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:03 pm

FactualFrank wrote:Weighing time.

Last Monday 8/1: 13 stones 10.0
Today 15/1: 13 stones 6.4

Loss of 3.6 pounds so far.
Firstly well done Frank.

Secondly, I'm using the apps as you suggested. I'm just wondering, after some exercise I have 0lenty of calories left, I gave a few questions.

1. Is this one of those health kicks that recommend using all your calories?
2. What do you do regarding recording milk?
3. Do you pit down tea/coffee and sugars if applicable?
4. Can you save calories?
5. I'm playing 5 a side Wednesday, how do I record that?

If I carry on like This, I think 8lbs this week isn't out of reach.

Are you on the apps? If so I'll add you if you'd like as a bit of a spur on?

FactualFrank

Post by FactualFrank » Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:38 pm

MACCA wrote:Firstly well done Frank.

Secondly, I'm using the apps as you suggested. I'm just wondering, after some exercise I have 0lenty of calories left, I gave a few questions.

1. Is this one of those health kicks that recommend using all your calories?
2. What do you do regarding recording milk?
3. Do you pit down tea/coffee and sugars if applicable?
4. Can you save calories?
5. I'm playing 5 a side Wednesday, how do I record that?

If I carry on like This, I think 8lbs this week isn't out of reach.

Are you on the apps? If so I'll add you if you'd like as a bit of a spur on?
Not sure if there is a rule regarding eating back your exercise calories but I do. The same with saving calories - any you save or make up during the week Im sure is ok to have at the weekend. But you should also take all nutrients and fat/carbs/protein into account to - so of you saved 1000 calories over 5 days that still wont mean you can eat crap as it'll put you over fat, sugar and you'll be down on things like vitamin c. Theres several pieces to make the jigsaw.

Regarding milk, just measure it and input it like all other food. I have 200ml on my cereals for instance. With tea/coffee yeh work out how much you put in a brew.

For exercise like football... try a pedometer?

For apps I use MFP and Runkeeper.

MACCA

Post by MACCA » Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:06 pm

FactualFrank wrote:Not sure if there is a rule regarding eating back your exercise calories but I do. The same with saving calories - any you save or make up during the week Im sure is ok to have at the weekend. But you should also take all nutrients and fat/carbs/protein into account to - so of you saved 1000 calories over 5 days that still wont mean you can eat crap as it'll put you over fat, sugar and you'll be down on things like vitamin c. Theres several pieces to make the jigsaw.

Regarding milk, just measure it and input it like all other food. I have 200ml on my cereals for instance. With tea/coffee yeh work out how much you put in a brew.

For exercise like football... try a pedometer?

For apps I use MFP and Runkeeper.
I've got MFP, but used their run app ( Map my run ) as it linked both accounts so was good to keep records.

What's your name on MFP?

Cheers, I'll look into the other suggestions. As i know I can strip weight fast, it's sticking to it that's my problem. I'm a sucker for living at the weekend with loads of food and booze.

I need a fitness buddy to spur me on or keep tabs on me. Gives me the competitive edge i need.

Sutton-Claret
Been Liked: 378 times
Has Liked: 165 times

Post by Sutton-Claret » Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:21 pm

So far I've lost 8 pounds since I started my diet on the 4th Jan - however I was carrying around 5 or 6 pounds extra due to Xmas festivities.

I've gone for a high protein diet. I have bacon and scrambled eggs for breakfast. salad (mainly spinach) and either tuna or chicken. For tea I just make a mash up of fish, meats and salad - I'm hooked on cooked spinach with a sprinkle of chilli powder. I also now only drink on a friday and saturday. I also take multi vitamins to fill any gaps I've missed.

Next week going to start back at the gym.

piston broke
Been Liked: 1447 times
Has Liked: 1229 times

Post by piston broke » Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:28 pm

Spent the majority of last year at 11-8. At Xmas went up to 12-4. Had this Winter bug and been unable to do any exercise since. Now 12-10.
I'll be starting power walking Wed. and as soon as the weather picks up I'll be back on the bike.
Not read every thread so don't know if this has been mentioned but I carry a lot of water weight, when overweight. I find I can lose this quite quickly, maybe 8lbs, then it gets harder to lose the fat.
As most seem to be agreed a mix of diet and exercise is the key.

Right_winger
Been Liked: 492 times
Has Liked: 411 times

Post by Right_winger » Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:04 am

As someone mentioned earlier in the thread you cannot out train a bad diet. Loosing weight is 80% diet.

My fitness pal is superb but it's only as good as the info being put into it, so you have to be brutally honest. It does work very well and you'd be surprised at how much 2,000 kcal s of food actually is.

I'd also suggest that you sack off supermarket processed food and buy fresh if you can, as the amount of preservatives in mass produced food is alarming. I personally don't find it that much more expensive to buy fresh meat and veg anyway and the taste comparison is night and day.
As for exercise good old fashioned walking is as good as any for loosing weight. Only run/cycle if you prefer it or are trying to greatly increase your CV system.

ClaretCanada
Been Liked: 444 times
Has Liked: 505 times

Post by ClaretCanada » Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:26 am

In September I was sick and tired of being not just fat but really obese. I weighed 298 lbs 21.2 stone
I started atkins protein diet just my version
MEAT EGGS AND A LITTLE SALAD
NO BREAD NO SUGAR TO SPUDS NO COOKIES NO CAKE NO SWEETS AT ALL NO CARBS
CHRISTMAS I WENT and weighed 247.5 around 17.6 stone.
I have started adding a few carbs and fruit and veggies I am down about another 10 lbs an d am happy with that I do need a quick loss everyday
I would lk to hit 240 lbs
I found this easy and no hardship
Watching the scale drop incentive enough

GOOD LUCK TO ALL DIETERS
I INITIALLY ADDED 100 LBS TO MY WEIGHT LOL
These 2 users liked this post: cricketfieldclarets FactualFrank

MACCA

Post by MACCA » Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:14 pm

Well done CC.

I've just done a Nice 32 minute post dinner walk, did 2.2 miles and burnt 302 calories. That's 500 cals in 2 days that I'd not normally have burnt.
With the healthier eating I'm struggling to use 2000 cals a day before counting exercise calories.

Hoping the scales reflect this after my first week of trying to shift some weight.
My target is between 1 and 1.5 stone loss. As i like a bit of timber on me.

FactualFrank

Post by FactualFrank » Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:56 pm

MACCA wrote:With the healthier eating I'm struggling to use 2000 cals a day before counting exercise calories.
I'm going off 1400 calories per day on MFP, but as I do around 350 calories in exercise, it's generally nearer to 1700-1750 as I eat the exercise calories back.

Try drinking 2-3 litres of water a day too. You'll be surprised how much added weight water retention can give you. Drinking more water means less water retention and less weight.

MACCA

Post by MACCA » Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:07 pm

FactualFrank wrote:I'm going off 1400 calories per day on MFP, but as I do around 350 calories in exercise, it's generally nearer to 1700-1750 as I eat the exercise calories back.

Try drinking 2-3 litres of water a day too. You'll be surprised how much added weight water retention can give you. Drinking more water means less water retention and less weight.
First day I logged 1400 calories only, but it told me that's unhealthy and I should aim for 1,700, so I had 3 weetabix with semi skimmed milk at about 21:00.

Today I've logged 1,700 with the exercise gain, and I'd say I had a very filling day, with very filling tasty meals, which wasn't exactly what I'd consider "healthy"

I think it'll be the weekend treats and beer that will prove to be a struggle.
As luck would have it, the next 4 weekends all have evening functions on of some sort. My app said 5 weeks for my goal, but I'd be happy with 8 weeks. I want to sustain my goal weight, with eventually not having to try, if that makes sense.

FactualFrank

Post by FactualFrank » Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:29 pm

I guess it depends on your weight. Im 13 stones 6 and 1400 + exercise calories seems fine. I've not felt hungry at night once.

Pearcey

Post by Pearcey » Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:30 pm

I usually eat between 2000-2500 calories a day. I am eating less carbs and it’s really working for me. I also use a Fitbit which syncs with MFP so the steps convert to calories. I have an active job and I exercise frequently. I have been out for a quick 15 mile bike ride tonight which burnt 1100 calories. I was 21st 4 but have always been fairly active. I just ate terrible food. I’m aiming to get down to 15 stone.

Colburn_Claret
Been Liked: 3078 times
Has Liked: 5042 times

Post by Colburn_Claret » Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:35 am

I've always found dieting easy, since I followed these simple tips. Try them and you won't go wrong.

1. Any diet that leaves you hungry or miserable is a waste of time. You won't stick to it.

2. Weight loss is in steps not a straight line. After the first week only weigh yourself once a week. It's discouraging to have a 'good' day and find out you never lost anything.

3. Never eat white bread. Wholegrain/Multi seed is healthier and tastier, and better for your digestion.

4. Cut the full fat milk for semi skimmed. (Skimmed is better still but you might as well put water on your cereals, and it isn't necessary)

5. Stop putting sugar in your drinks or on your cereal, it isn't needed and tastes better without.

6. Eat four times a day. That's every four hours roughly, and never eat anything the four hours before you go to bed. Eating regularly keeps the metabolism going, stops you feeling hungry and doesn't leave anything heavy on your stomach overnight.

7. So much to a successful diet is psychological. Eat your main meal on a smaller plate, it helps you think you've eaten more than you have. (Most meals are healthy, it's the size of the portions that matter the most)

8. To go with the above, really chew your food. Take your time eating. It helps with digestion again, and makes you think you've eaten more than you have.

9. I drink PLJ, diluted with hot water, at least twice a day. The lemon helps digestion and it tightens the stomach. You can get PLJ from Holland and Barratt

10. There are countless healthy cooking books, with quick, easy, healthy recipes in. There's no need to eat 'rabbit' food to diet.

11. Remember the less you have to lose the smaller and slower the weight loss will be. Don't be discouraged it's normal.

12. Life's for living. If you're invited to a party or celebration, go and enjoy yourself. Eat, drink and be merry. No diet ever failed because you had a day off, you'll lose it all the next day.
Most importantly don't feel guilty about it.

13. Finally. Once you've reached your target weight, it's much easier to keep it off than lose it again. So give yourself a maximum weight not to go above.

I guarantee, stick to the above and Wright loss is easy, without any hunger pangs.
This user liked this post: piston broke

Foshiznik
Been Liked: 722 times
Has Liked: 2025 times
Location: Computer matrix, IP not found- current code: 00101110100101001100100 1011101010100010101101010100100

Post by Foshiznik » Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:01 am

One thing my nutritionist said to me was that the first rule of any diet it not to completely cut anything out of your diet completely. If you do, you are punishing yourself by not allowing yourself to eat something that you enjoy. You need will power and taking away any enjoyment will lower that.
This user liked this post: FactualFrank

NL Claret
Been Liked: 522 times
Has Liked: 213 times

Post by NL Claret » Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:08 am

Good list there Colburn, in relation to chewing you need the right amount of fibre in your diet. Fibre drags fat with it. A good measure is when you go for a dump. A large floater is a good sign, having to sprint to get to the loo is a sign of excessive fibre.
This user liked this post: Colburn_Claret

RalphCoatesComb
Been Liked: 2416 times
Has Liked: 2115 times

Post by RalphCoatesComb » Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:04 am

Lost a stone already. Only another 18 to go ! ;)

Blackrod
Been Liked: 1348 times
Has Liked: 608 times

Post by Blackrod » Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:41 am

A bit of everything in moderation including exercise and you won't put on weight unless you have a medical condition. Cutting out complete food types is not the answer or necessarily good for you. All this January off this that and the other is nonsense. There is no need to eat and drink like a pig throughout December.

FactualFrank

Post by FactualFrank » Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:55 pm

Like I've mentioned before, I don't believe in the term 'diet'. What I'm doing isn't a diet, it's just eating better and making healthier choices, mixed with exercise.

I think if you're going to lose weight and keep it off, get the word diet out of your head. Just eat better and move more.

deanothedino

Post by deanothedino » Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:04 pm

Colburn_Claret wrote:4. Cut the full fat milk for semi skimmed. (Skimmed is better still but you might as well put water on your cereals, and it isn't necessary)
This is bad advice. "Full fat" milk is better for you than both semi and skimmed (and actually tastes nice). The types of fats in milk are not bad for you and furthermore when milk is skimmed plenty of other good nutrients are also removed. Stick to full fat, unless you don't like the taste.
This user liked this post: Walton

piston broke
Been Liked: 1447 times
Has Liked: 1229 times

Post by piston broke » Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:22 pm

Colburn_Claret wrote:I've always found dieting easy, since I followed these simple tips. Try them and you won't go wrong.

3. Never eat white bread. Wholegrain/Multi seed is healthier and tastier, and better for your digestion.

4. Cut the full fat milk for semi skimmed. (Skimmed is better still but you might as well put water on your cereals, and it isn't necessary)

5. Stop putting sugar in your drinks or on your cereal, it isn't needed and tastes better without.

13. Finally. Once you've reached your target weight, it's much easier to keep it off than lose it again. So give yourself a maximum weight not to go above.
I agree with all your post but I left the above showing because my best diet was when I cut out everything white. Bread, Sugar( and try to avoid hidden sugars), Milk( went semi-skimmed), rice, pasta, potatoes. I'm back on it now but it shouldn't take long with the exercise added in.

My top tip for anybody who is hungry between meals, CLEAN YOUR TEETH, the freshness takes away the hunger pangs and zero calories.
Last edited by piston broke on Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
This user liked this post: Colburn_Claret