Walters

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
warksclaret
Been Liked: 1706 times
Has Liked: 791 times

Re: Walters

Post by warksclaret » Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:48 pm

We should not write this guy off or say he was a bad buy. Unlucky to get injured at Ewood. Would seriously start him behind Barnes next week (assuming Wood is out). He is better suited there than Hendricks, with a good work rate, good feet and head and knows where the net is. If he tires them there are options. Giving him so little time is unfair to someone who pledged his future to us. Also anyone looking at joining us who needs to fight for his place could be put off by what has happened to him

I think you will find a lot of enquiries for him at the end of the window if he is not playing. Would rather Wells went on loan to sharpen him up and play regularly

SkiptonClaret
Been Liked: 294 times
Has Liked: 92 times

Post by SkiptonClaret » Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:55 pm

Woodleyclaret wrote:'re Irish obsession are we still interested in James McLean?
We can only hope not.

KRBFC
Been Liked: 3811 times
Has Liked: 1072 times

Post by KRBFC » Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:09 pm

elwaclaret wrote:Havn't seen that but not surprised, I think for anyone who watches Stoke more than I it was pretty obvious very early on he'd dropped a pretty major clanger letting him come to us. At the time they expected a BIG signing to come in to fill his boots.... which was obviously harder to acheive than they believed.
The Sky panel never said that, they said ''Hughes allowed a lot of experienced pros go'' they never said it was a mistake nor did they ever say it was anything to do with Walters' playing ability more his experience.

KRBFC

Post by KRBFC » Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:15 pm

bobinho wrote:If we have done our due diligence, and i'm sure we did, then there is zero risk in buying a player with an injury. Players don't go for less money in the January window, they go for more, and in Nahki's case, we'd now be buying an injury free player, who still wouldn't be ready to play for us as he wouldn't have been with us long enough to be 'Dyche fit', and neither would he be settled in the squad like he is now.

He's cost us nothing yet. He's just another viable option from the bench, until SD says otherwise. I think this could work out just fine if he nicks a goal soon.
How is he going to nick a goal when he's deemed not good enough for more than 5 minutes off the bench and that's without Wood available. As soon as Wood comes back he's back down to 4th choice for 1 spot.

IWOODLOVETT
Been Liked: 495 times
Has Liked: 219 times

Post by IWOODLOVETT » Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:18 pm

KRBFC wrote:The Sky panel never said that, they said ''Hughes allowed a lot of experienced pros go'' they never said it was a mistake nor did they ever say it was anything to do with Walters' playing ability more his experience.
Watch it again - they specifically singled out Walters as a key member of the Stoke squad who gave his all every time he played.

KRBFC

Post by KRBFC » Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:22 pm

IWOODLOVETT wrote:Watch it again - they specifically singled out Walters as a key member of the Stoke squad who gave his all every time he played.
They didn't single out Walters, they mentioned Bardsley, Walters and Whelan as being good experienced pros. Keep pretending they sat there talking about how great Walters is at football if you want...

elwaclaret
Been Liked: 2018 times
Has Liked: 2915 times

Post by elwaclaret » Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:27 pm

KRBFC wrote:The Sky panel never said that, they said ''Hughes allowed a lot of experienced pros go'' they never said it was a mistake nor did they ever say it was anything to do with Walters' playing ability more his experience.
Can't comment on Sky.... as I say not seen it.

IWOODLOVETT
Been Liked: 495 times
Has Liked: 219 times

Post by IWOODLOVETT » Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:36 pm

KRBFC wrote:They didn't single out Walters, they mentioned Bardsley, Walters and Whelan as being good experienced pros. Keep pretending they sat there talking about how great Walters is at football if you want...
Didn't mention Bardsley or Whelan ..... But I can't be arsed arguing with you - maybe someone else on here watched the programme.

joey13
Been Liked: 1767 times
Has Liked: 1231 times

Post by joey13 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:51 am

bobinho wrote:If we have done our due diligence, and i'm sure we did, then there is zero risk in buying a player with an injury. Players don't go for less money in the January window, they go for more, and in Nahki's case, we'd now be buying an injury free player, who still wouldn't be ready to play for us as he wouldn't have been with us long enough to be 'Dyche fit', and neither would he be settled in the squad like he is now.

He's cost us nothing yet. He's just another viable option from the bench, until SD says otherwise. I think this could work out just fine if he nicks a goal soon.
Players don’t go for less money in the January window?
You do realise his Huddersfield contract ran out in the summer don’t you ?
That’ll be why Sanchez is costing £20 million less than if he had gone in the summer.

houseboy
Been Liked: 2242 times
Has Liked: 1619 times

Post by houseboy » Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:14 am

I hate to say I told you so (actually sometimes I do). I said I thought Walters was an odd signing at the time, to say the least, and people said 'oh it's to bring in the experience'. I said he was too old and people said he was okay because of his experience. Question: what exactly, in terms of experience or anything else for that matter, has he brought to the club. Dyche doesn't make too many mistakes but nobody is perfect, this was always a bad signing. And again (sorry about going on guys) we desperately need a striker if nothing else in the window. We have got a bunch of okay guys up front who try their best but we have got no one of PL quality up there. Barnes and Vokes try their best and they are good blokes but just not quite got it, Wood is injured but he's hardly set the PL alight. And why on earth did we get Wells if he's not going to get a game under the current circumstances? We have two great goalkeepers, an amazing back four, a good central midfield and with JBG and now GKN (maybe) 2 decent wide men with other options (Westwood, Arfield etc.). The side is crying out for a striker! Yes the other positions could do with back up I'll agree but it's blatantly obvious what is missing from our side, we don't score enough goals and will always struggle if we go behind.