Friday racing

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
happyclaret17
Been Liked: 446 times
Has Liked: 14 times

Friday racing

Post by happyclaret17 » Fri Jan 26, 2018 1:30 pm

well, 6 hours in a and e isn't condusive to good form studying and a bit behind today
3 potentially vulnerable favs early today will be against all 3 in some form.
1 35 django django currently 2.5 betfair
on last run looked like a step up in trip would suit and has been dropped in trip
stable has been pretty quiet and there are some strong trainer stats for several in here
( macksville....stormingin....the go tou man, to name just 3 ) also AR MEST was given a very
CONSIDERATE ride at lingers on the poly..

1 45 ambient....currently 2.46 is bred by born to see whose runners on the all weather have
been poor....not a strong race in depth though but keep tabs on the market.

1 55 mount mews...currently 2.16
this is small for a chaser and after a very promising hurdle start got a bit disappointing....
received weight last time from his only real danger and won as he was entitled to do....
not a natural jumper though and faces tougher opponemnts today....he popp[ed his fences
last time and probably wont get away with it against more natural chasers.....laid.

2 20
I have 3 notebook horses here....baby gal....sonnet rose and tigerfish so will be watching
the race with interest and keeping tabs on how the form works out.

2 40 POUGNE BOBBI 7/4
hasnt had the chance to win since his impressive ludlow win last year.....todays conditions
look perfect and he should take some pegging back.

3 05
CAPTAIN MOWBRAY 7/1
ran on good ground last time ( quicker than was quoted ) he was doing all of his best work late
and this more galloping track should suit.
the tim before that he made an amazing recovery to get up and win and since stepping up
in trip has looked a well handicapped horse.

not looked at kempton yet....utc.

Flyingboltclaret
Been Liked: 56 times
Has Liked: 1 time

Re: Friday racing

Post by Flyingboltclaret » Fri Jan 26, 2018 1:42 pm

Already started a Friday Race by thread Happy . Maybe you missed it .. will post my selections here to keep everything together

Will post for Kempton later .. low grade card at LINGFIELD today .. but some tentative selections below

LINGFIELD

Low grade handicap with many with chances including Lord Murphy who always seems to find trouble in running, my selections are

TARSEEKH.. trading around 7.00 on Betfair .. stable starting to find form 3 winners from last 5 runners , likes to lead and has ran well in similar company on last 2 starts

SONNET ROSE . Trading around 5.6 on Betfair .. beaten by an in form horse last time with the 3rd winning yesterday and previously a comfortable winner at Southwell, useful claimer on board and stable has had recent winners.

RUNALOCHT..Trading around 6.8 on Betfair . Stable has few runners nowadays , and thus one has been out of form recently until finishing well at Kempton , tumbling down the weights.

LIVING LEADER ..Trading around 3.8 on Betfair ..prolific winner over the years , in good form at present and top jockey booked.

Another open looking race the form horse being no Burauq but two at bigger prices are

SWIFT FOX .. Trading at 12.5 on Betfair .. actually finished behind Something Lucky last time and slowly getting the hang of things .. might have more improvement to come and could be well handicapped if he shows it

NOBLE DEED .. Trading at 9.2 on Betfair .. has won off higher marks and ran better than his finishing position suggested last time .

ESTIBDAAAD.. Trading at 28.0 on Betfair . Jockey has won on the horse before , has finished ahead and behind Attain recently so looks better value than the 2.82 Attain is trading at

WILLIAM BOOTH..Trading at 6.6 .. has shown distinct promise in several races this season only to flop next time , dropped to a mark of 63 and easiest assignment so far

Flyingboltclaret

Post by Flyingboltclaret » Fri Jan 26, 2018 1:44 pm

And the other post from the original Friday thread !!

Just a quick look at the 15.40 at Doncaster

Scrutinise would romp this if he could convert his flat form to hurdles , and did run better last time, by my selections are

DOES IT IN STYLE ..Trading at 4.8 on Betfair. Could be well handicapped , started a shortish price on his hurdles debut behind a decent Alan King horse , then well beaten on next starts until 2nd behind Cougar King , who has won again since ..with another winner coming out of race as well

FIT FOR FIFTY . Trading at 9.8 on Betfair .. has run a couple of decent races and from a stable in fine form

Flyingboltclaret

Post by Flyingboltclaret » Fri Jan 26, 2018 4:24 pm

Quick rundown on the Kempton card

ROUBLES .. Trading at 5.1 .. stable has had a couple of winners , lightly raced and dropped in class.
LA FORTUNA... Trading at 4.8 on Betfair .. not a lot between him and Silver Penny on previous run but Luke Morris booked .

ROWLESTONERENEZVU... Trading at 3.0 on Betfair ... has run well behind a couple of subsequent winners in previous races .. and stable still trying to find top form but has had a winner

ASPACIOUS .. Trading at 18.5 on Betfair . Decent horse in Germany , first glimmer of form in last run

Poor race with Bill Cody the obvious choice, so the two outsiders of the field might offer value

ROSEDALE TOPPING .. trading at 24 on Betfair . Given a break and upped in trip

FERAGUST .. looks to be in a stiff mark for his handicap debut , has a hood on for the first time and 7lb claimer

SPARKALOT ..Trading at 5.8 on Betfair .. Well thought if by his trainer and had some fancy entries at 3, win two race comfortably at the track last year and comeback run was full of promise
BLAZED ..Trading at 5.2 on Betfair ... another promising individual, missed the break on last two runs but not beaten far, might be there at the finish given a clear run .

DREAM MOUNT .. Trading at 4.8 on Betfair .. has run some decent races sine winning his maiden and still on a mark of 75 .

happyclaret17

Post by happyclaret17 » Fri Jan 26, 2018 4:55 pm

JUST STARTED KEMP
1ST RACE 5 45
POP SILCA 8.6 and DEER SONG 6.4
both are 5 furlong horses with various things in their favour.
backed both to win and will lay the total stake back in running @ 2.2 so if either
touches 2.2 I have a free bet....very possible considering their low draws and
good possibility they will be prominent early.....enough pace in this to set it up for
a closer but I prefer the pace setters with more chance to lay off in running.

KRBFC
Been Liked: 3800 times
Has Liked: 1071 times

Post by KRBFC » Fri Jan 26, 2018 5:05 pm

Why post these but no update on results?

happyclaret17

Post by happyclaret17 » Fri Jan 26, 2018 5:13 pm

6 15....TOPMEUP 12 on betfair.
a notebook horse who drifted big time last time out and ran a shocker....I don't trust the trainer Kellaway
but I am sure this filly has a race in her somewhere along the way and this is a cheap bet......she only ran
5 days ago and Harley is a quality rider.....interestingly, the handicapper has not fallen for the dodgy runs
and she is not dropping in the weights.
negatives for several in here
generally speaking the horses drawn 1 2 3 at kemp recently have struggled.....not including
5 furlongs as a pace setter can get out early and race off the rail.....so fav RAKEMATIZ isnt ideally
drawn in 2.....2nd fav ARCADIAN SEA is another bred by BORN TO SEA who have very poor all weather
record.....3rd fav GRACIOUS GEORGE is drawn in 1 box.

happyclaret17

Post by happyclaret17 » Fri Jan 26, 2018 5:19 pm

no problem krbfc....you post the results....not forgetting to do all the rule 4s....should take less than an hour a day....cheers.
These 3 users liked this post: claretdj cutsy123 Bordeauxclaret

cutsy123
Been Liked: 697 times
Has Liked: 351 times

Post by cutsy123 » Fri Jan 26, 2018 6:05 pm

Not the best day but cant win em all

happyclaret17

Post by happyclaret17 » Fri Jan 26, 2018 6:15 pm

nicely in front today cutsy...would have been more if AR MEST hadnt made a horlicks of the last hurdle in the first..django django a bit lucky there but it was still a good run considering stable form and distance of race....mount mews was best horse fence to fence but just isn't a natural jumper.....will come back over hurdles I think......this kempton racing is rancid....poor horses running for peanuts is not the way forward......this be TOPMEUP is drifting now....you can only put small stakes on this stuff.

happyclaret17

Post by happyclaret17 » Fri Jan 26, 2018 6:36 pm

dont like the 6 45 race
7 15 IF BILL CODY is on the job tonight he should be different gravy .....big eye catcher last time and the sire is an exceptional one on the all weather....bred for the all weather and has got a very lenient mark....but trainer will be in the states and even though Kirby is booked, the last time he rode for yard the horse was 8/11 and finished last of 4....I have had only a small bet.....another trainer I don't trust....whatever happens tonight I will be following this horse.

happyclaret17

Post by happyclaret17 » Fri Jan 26, 2018 6:49 pm

7 45
if this was at Newcastle then wiff waff would be well odds on....it isn't, its kempton, a much sharper test....maybe his stamina will get him home late but like the first race tonight I am going to play a horse who is likely to at least trade shorter in running....SIR HECTOR made all at lingers last time and wasn't best drawn.....backed him to small stakes at 9.6 and will try to protect stake with a 3.5 lay in running for a free bet .

Flyingboltclaret

Post by Flyingboltclaret » Fri Jan 26, 2018 7:06 pm

happyclaret17 wrote:6 15....TOPMEUP 12 on betfair.
a notebook horse who drifted big time last time out and ran a shocker....I don't trust the trainer Kellaway
but I am sure this filly has a race in her somewhere along the way and this is a cheap bet......she only ran
5 days ago and Harley is a quality rider.....interestingly, the handicapper has not fallen for the dodgy runs
and she is not dropping in the weights.
negatives for several in here
generally speaking the horses drawn 1 2 3 at kemp recently have struggled.....not including
5 furlongs as a pace setter can get out early and race off the rail.....so fav RAKEMATIZ isnt ideally
drawn in 2.....2nd fav ARCADIAN SEA is another bred by BORN TO SEA who have very poor all weather
record.....3rd fav GRACIOUS GEORGE is drawn in 1 box.
Still not convinced she stays 10f .. nothing in her pedigree suggests she does .. being by Maysoon .. incidentky shes a half brother to Hillborough who won over 1m at Southwell ( tho more stamina on sires side there ) and suspect she needs to drop a few pounds and get back on turf

Don't like using pedigree stats above form etc .. think your ref to Ambients sire Born to Sea was a bit of a red herring .. simply a case of the winner being a better horse and Ambient perhaps being a bit quirky

Incidently the great Federico Tesio breeder of Nearco and the mighty Ribot put as much emphasis on the dams influence as the sires.
So one could say it was Undulant Way which put the mockers on Ambients chances ...three off spring and 0/10 on the all weather !! .. Dont underestimate the influence of dam lines

But none relevant in Ambients case .. all a load of tosh

For every case of sire stats being benifical you can find 10 that aren't .. rant over !!

I use Proform a lot and really if you dig deep you can find a stat to justify anything . Useful but often irelevent

happyclaret17

Post by happyclaret17 » Fri Jan 26, 2018 7:12 pm

8 45
2 of the 3 most fancied runners sparkalot and blazed are not ideally drawn.....sparkalot widest and blazed on the rail thats been tricky to win on lately.....DASCHAS is tempting but still not fully convinced that this horse is a 6f horse....think he may need 7f....4th fav envisaging has always seemed best over further although fanshawe is to be respected with anything he sends to the course....I fancy a cheap bet at a price....JAMEERAH has run well in better class than this over c and d when drawn wide enough in the 9 box....the 9 box tonight not ideal but the horse is 19 on betfair so willing to take a small bet.....brian smart has just sent this one horse to the track and his stable is in reasonable form.

Flyingboltclaret

Post by Flyingboltclaret » Fri Jan 26, 2018 7:12 pm

happyclaret17 wrote:no problem krbfc....you post the results....not forgetting to do all the rule 4s....should take less than an hour a day....cheers.

For KRBFC .. and happy ( don't take that long !!)

https://www.sportinglife.com/racing/results" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

cutsy123

Post by cutsy123 » Fri Jan 26, 2018 7:22 pm

Ive gone for Nampara and Walk.the Sun in the next 2 races

happyclaret17

Post by happyclaret17 » Fri Jan 26, 2018 7:33 pm

possibly saving the best until last
9 15 EL BORRACHO curently 6.8 betfair...has made my notebook twice at this course...on both occasions going nicely without being put in the race....I would prefer 1 mile to be honest but one of his eye catching runs was over 6 furlongs so hoping for the best.....again it is just a case of when the stable try to win a race with this one......I am gambling that it is tonight as he is currently the biggest price of the 5 runners....stable has some very good track stats lately and jockey is a positive booking....backed at 6.8 and will try to lay in running at 2.5 for a free bet.
the market on betfair 2 or 3 minutes before the race should tell a story....doing tomorrows now and will post no later than 12 15....utc.

Flyingboltclaret

Post by Flyingboltclaret » Fri Jan 26, 2018 7:45 pm

happyclaret17 wrote:dont like the 6 45 race
7 15 IF BILL CODY is on the job tonight he should be different gravy .....big eye catcher last time and the sire is an exceptional one on the all weather....bred for the all weather and has got a very lenient mark....but trainer will be in the states and even though Kirby is booked, the last time he rode for yard the horse was 8/11 and finished last of 4....I have had only a small bet.....another trainer I don't trust....whatever happens tonight I will be following this horse.

Sire of BILL CODY iS Declaration of War who has around 12% record on his all weather runners here and in Ireland .. not brilliant .. three have been at Southwell which is far removed from Kempton .. indeed he is 1/13 at Kempton .. another meaningiess stat as nearly all runners ( Bill Cody excepted ) started at odds of greater than 20/1.. He has had no influence what so ever on the performance of his runners at the track .. fact !!

dogwith3legs
Been Liked: 20 times
Has Liked: 10 times

Post by dogwith3legs » Fri Jan 26, 2018 7:57 pm

I've got on the last 2 races ... good if its a case of saving the best till last :)

Anyone interested in golf punting I’ve nibbled at Tyrell Hatton at the halfway mark of the Dubai Desert Classic. He’s 55/1 ….. I looked at him pre-play but felt was too short at 22 or so but he’s well positioned Top 15 and 5 off the lead after a good first round and a very average 2nd round today…. He should improve and hopefully that’s his bad round out of the way. He’s prone to a tantrum but if he gets it together he can score very well …. Won twice towards the back end of last season and top 20’s all the way this season. He finished T15 last week with a very decent final round 68 in the wind. I think 55/1 (Betfair) is good on him right now before play starts tomorrow

(Edit - meant to mention some players (McIlroy for example) not yet finished the 2nd round... things could change but the price on Hatton I still like at this point)

Watching the Farmers Open at Torey Pines – good to see Woods back playing
Last edited by dogwith3legs on Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Flyingboltclaret

Post by Flyingboltclaret » Fri Jan 26, 2018 7:58 pm

Posting links to videos of Toast of New York .. including on the track at Gulfstream in the quarantine barn and many more on the twitter link . Worth a look if your a fan .. plus link to his amazing run in the 2014 Breeders Cup Classic

https://mobile.twitter.com/osbornejamie ... r%5Eauthor" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

https://youtu.be/2tp8mT3b0NE" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

happyclaret17

Post by happyclaret17 » Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:07 pm

look at the all american extended pedigree....right the way through....but best tip is to concentrate on finding some winners for tomorrow.....your negativity is getting tedious.

happyclaret17

Post by happyclaret17 » Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:10 pm

dogwith3legs wrote:I've got on the last 2 races ... good if its a case of saving the best till last :)

Anyone interested in golf punting I’ve nibbled at Tyrell Hatton at the halfway mark of the Dubai Desert Classic. He’s 55/1 ….. I looked at him pre-play but felt was too short at 22 or so but he’s well positioned Top 15 and 5 off the lead after a good first round and a very average 2nd round today…. He should improve and hopefully that’s his bad round out of the way. He’s prone to a tantrum but if he gets it together he can score very well …. Won twice towards the back end of last season and top 20’s all the way this season. He finished T15 last week with a very decent final round 68 in the wind. I think 55/1 (Betfair) is good on him right now before play starts tomorrow

(Edit - meant to mention some players (McIlroy for example) not yet finished the 2nd round... things could change but the price on Hatton I still like at this point)

Watching the Farmers Open at Torey Pines – good to see Woods back playing
funnily enough I was just thinking how good hatton looked at times last year dog.....was thinking a genuine contender for a major this year if he perhaps took a valium :D .

Flyingboltclaret

Post by Flyingboltclaret » Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:29 pm

happyclaret17 wrote:look at the all american extended pedigree....right the way through....but best tip is to concentrate on finding some winners for tomorrow.....your negativity is getting tedious.

Not being negative at all( unlike your reply re posting results ) .. just voicing my opinion and backing it up with facts .. I just get the impression you want this thread all to yourself ( you even started another Friday thread ) . And dont being challenged . Racing and message boards are all about opinion . If we didn't interact and have different views life would be a lot poorer

Could you elaborate on how the extended pedigree is relevant when his record re his progeny over here isn't "brilliant " and mediocre re Kempton ( but as I said nor relevant )
There again you said Ian Jardine was out of form despite him having a winner . Then two the next day

Get over it .. and don't be so " precious " .. you have a decent knowledge of racing .. as have othets who are entitled to their views and to challenge some of your misconceptions

Stay happy !!

cutsy123

Post by cutsy123 » Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:29 pm

20 on the 9.15 at 5s

Bordeauxclaret
Been Liked: 3338 times
Has Liked: 1954 times

Post by Bordeauxclaret » Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:31 pm

You do seem to attract some competition happy.
Claretpunter will be along soon. Or is he already here?

Flyingboltclaret

Post by Flyingboltclaret » Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:31 pm

Flyingboltclaret wrote:Not being negative at all( unlike your reply re posting results ) .. just voicing my opinion and backing it up with facts .. I just get the impression you want this thread all to yourself ( you even started another Friday thread ) . And dont being challenged . Racing and message boards are all about opinion . If we didn't interact and have different views life would be a lot poorer

Could you elaborate on how the extended pedigree is relevant when his record re his progeny over here isn't "brilliant " and mediocre re Kempton ( but as I said not relevant as you well know)
There again you said Ian Jardine was out of form despite him having a winner . Then two the next day

Get over it .. and don't be so " precious " .. you have a decent knowledge of racing .. as have others who are entitled to their views and to challenge some of your misconceptions . Debate . Don't try and drive decent posters away

Stay happy !!

cutsy123

Post by cutsy123 » Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:35 pm

Never doubted the last with him on board

happyclaret17

Post by happyclaret17 » Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:37 pm

nice one cutsy....2 decent types there and the 3rd horse of baldings will be in a handicap next time I think....wasn't beaten up by any means.

Flyingboltclaret

Post by Flyingboltclaret » Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:38 pm

Bordeauxclaret wrote:You do seem to attract some competition happy.

I am passionate about my racing Bordeaux( did an internship at timeform many years ago ) .. as I said before just trade pre race now , but analyse most races to find back/ lay or vice verse before the off

Happy does things Differently to me.. doesn't seem to understand value ,and seems to go with crowd rather than trying to find that elusive edge ..talks rubbish with his cliches about sires and suspect has never seen the machinations of breeding a racehorse and the importance of the dam .

I like to think the few days I've been posting I've given some decent info and advice .. just hope he doesnt drive me away as he did last time

cutsy123

Post by cutsy123 » Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:45 pm

Flyingboltclaret wrote:I am passionate about my racing Bordeaux( did an internship at timeform many years ago ) .. as I said before just trade pre race now , but analyse most races to find back/ lay or vice verse before the off

Happy does things Differently to me.. doesn't seem to understand value ,and seems to go with crowd rather than trying to find that elusive edge ..talks rubbish with his cliches about sires and suspect has never seen the machinations of breeding a racehorse and the importance of the dam .

I like to think the few days I've been posting I've given some decent info and advice .. just hope he doesnt drive me away as he did last time
I think if both post tips and the reason for choice wel all be happy as happy

Both seem to have good knowledge which makes good reading for others
This user liked this post: tim_noone

cutsy123

Post by cutsy123 » Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:46 pm

Done dutiful son in the next

Bordeauxclaret

Post by Bordeauxclaret » Fri Jan 26, 2018 9:02 pm

Flyingboltclaret wrote:I am passionate about my racing Bordeaux( did an internship at timeform many years ago ) .. as I said before just trade pre race now , but analyse most races to find back/ lay or vice verse before the off

You do seem to be a bit jealous of him. Started posting last time he started posting tips. Happy starts up again and on you come.
Not sure why there needs to be competition. If you want to share tips then fine just do it.

cutsy123

Post by cutsy123 » Fri Jan 26, 2018 9:05 pm

Happy is the main man but open to another view of a race if in a friendly nature

happyclaret17

Post by happyclaret17 » Fri Jan 26, 2018 9:05 pm

Bordeauxclaret wrote:You do seem to attract some competition happy.
the strange thing is though bordeaux I just post my stuff which usually doesnt take too long....unlike tonight which is a rarity....I quite literally spend twice as long doing the horses than I do at work.....taking time to share my views is ok with me....I have found this site useful for finding things out and I am just doing my bit....it would seem that the vast majority who read understand that its not an easy thing to do....so many imponderables.
Also I very much doubt if people follow blindly....most seem to know when I like something a lot or dont like something ( lays ).....I have my opinions about fb but I am not going to get into any big arguments......sometimes its better to keep quiet and appear foolish rather than opening your mouth and removing all doubt.
the betfair betting is a huge part of what I do....have a bet then lay it off for a free bet or profit in running.......the lays are my bread and butter....all 3 shorties would have lost today but for a last hurdle blunder.
what I post on here is only a fraction of what I do.
I have never ever made claims or said this is a certainty etc.....whenever possible I like to explain the reasoning so that people can decide for themselves.
I really hope people use betfair the way I do to get full value from the selections....its only every now and again that there will be multiple winners in a day....its important to get regular returns....utc.

Flyingboltclaret

Post by Flyingboltclaret » Fri Jan 26, 2018 9:06 pm

cutsy123 wrote:I think if both post tips and the reason for choice wel all be happy as happy

Both seem to have good knowledge which makes good reading for others

Thanks for that ..variety and different opinions are what's life is about .. and heathy debate is often very educational,...I have no problem having my post questioned and wouldn't take it as critiscm or feel the need to post proof of whst I've done ( re happy posting details of his bets on Totalise.. nobody cares )

If there's no interaction between posters it kinda defeats the object of a message board .. and starting new racing threads when one exists doesn't help .. bit like " spitting your dummy out "

Glad you find my posts informative .. but obviously didn't persuade you re SPARKALOT who won nicely despite the draw ( thanks for pointing that out happy !!) .. and a decent sp

Hope happy interacts rather than being defensive and aloof as I've always enjoyed his posts if not his approach
This user liked this post: tim_noone

Bordeauxclaret

Post by Bordeauxclaret » Fri Jan 26, 2018 9:10 pm

happyclaret17 wrote:.......
the strange thing is though bordeaux I just post my stuff which usually doesnt take too long....unlike tonight which is a rarity....I quite literally spend twice as long doing the horses than I do at work.....taking time to share my views is ok with me....I have found this site useful for finding things out and I am just doing my bit....it would seem that the vast majority who read understand that its not an easy thing to do....so many imponderables.
Also I very much doubt if people follow blindly....most seem to know when I like something a lot or dont like something ( lays ).....I have my opinions about fb but I am not going to get into any big arguments......sometimes its better to keep quiet and appear foolish rather than opening your mouth and removing all doubt.
the betfair betting is a huge part of what I do....have a bet then lay it off for a free bet or profit in running.......the lays are my bread and butter....all 3 shorties would have lost today but for a last hurdle blunder.
what I post on here is only a fraction of what I do.
I have never ever made claims or said this is a certainty etc.....whenever possible I like to explain the reasoning so that people can decide for themselves.
I really hope people use betfair the way I do to get full value from the selections....its only every now and again that there will be multiple winners in a day....its important to get regular returns....utc.
I think you do a very good job and have done over a number of years.
I hope the posts are still running for Cheltenham.

cutsy123

Post by cutsy123 » Fri Jan 26, 2018 9:13 pm

Flyingboltclaret wrote:Thanks for that ..variety and different opinions are what's life is about .. and heathy debate is often very educational,...I have no problem having my post questioned and wouldn't take it as critiscm or feel the need to post proof of whst I've done ( re happy posting details of his bets on Totalise.. nobody cares )

If there's no interaction between posters it kinda defeats the object of a message board .. and starting new racing threads when one exists doesn't help .. bit like " spitting your dummy out "

Glad you find my posts informative .. but obviously didn't persuade you re SPARKALOT who won nicely despite the draw ( thanks for pointing that out happy !!) .. and a decent sp

Hope happy interacts rather than being defensive and aloof as I've always enjoyed his posts if not his approach
As a rule of thumb i usually always back one of kirby or morris in a 6f race. Went for a bigger price this time. Should have covered. Hope the 5 to 1 wins at 9 15

happyclaret17

Post by happyclaret17 » Fri Jan 26, 2018 9:15 pm

sparkalot should be marked up a fair bit for that win....switched onto slow rail to win with a late run....won off 80 tonight....definitely a 90 rated horse.

Flyingboltclaret

Post by Flyingboltclaret » Fri Jan 26, 2018 9:15 pm

Bordeauxclaret wrote:You do seem to be a bit jealous of him. Started posting last time he started posting tips. Happy starts up again and on you come.
Not sure why there needs to be competition. If you want to share tips then fine just do it.

Not in anyway competitive but if someone says something ( and a lot of people follow happy and don't have his knowledge ) and it's patently tosh . Then it's repeated .. I think it's worth pointing it out .

I just trade in betfair using Betangel .. and green up ( or red up if it's a losing trade ) before the off .. very rarely ever back a horse to win anymore .
But like happy I spend hours every day trying to identify price moves etc .. so I do appreciate the time he puts in

And to be honest didn't realise he had just starting posting as havnt been on here in awhile .. as you can see by my no of posts .

I just remember him behaving exactly the same way when I used to post on Claretsmad .. and really there's no need for it

cutsy123

Post by cutsy123 » Fri Jan 26, 2018 9:20 pm

happyclaret17 wrote:sparkalot should be marked up a fair bit for that win....switched onto slow rail to win with a late run....won off 80 tonight....definitely a 90 rated horse.
Last one needed a bit more track. Morris close again too.

Knew 1 of the 1st 2 in betting wouldnt win. They rarely do in a small race like that

happyclaret17

Post by happyclaret17 » Fri Jan 26, 2018 9:23 pm

not sure how many of you watched the 9 15 but yet again EL BORRACHO wasnt touched by the jockey after just one crack.....this is really nicely handicapped...they simply must win a race soon with this very soon....would think a mile....but that has gone down as another huge eye catcher and will not have been missed by the betting public.

Flyingboltclaret

Post by Flyingboltclaret » Fri Jan 26, 2018 9:31 pm

happyclaret17 wrote:not sure how many of you watched the 9 15 but yet again EL BORRACHO wasnt touched by the jockey after just one crack.....this is really nicely handicapped...they simply must win a race soon with this very soon....would think a mile....but that has gone down as another huge eye catcher and will not have been missed by the betting public.
Not sure about the value of the race .. nearly three secs slower than the novice event . But like Simon Dow as a trainer and the horse is only rated 68 and has been described by his trainer as immature .. so sure there is more to come from EL BORRACHO.. and we havnt seen the best of him yet .. tho Ted Duran does tend to be quiet in the saddle on many of his rides ( others would use a different description!!) so wouldn't read too much into that

happyclaret17

Post by happyclaret17 » Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:00 pm

Flyingboltclaret wrote:Not in anyway competitive but if someone says something ( and a lot of people follow happy and don't have his knowledge ) and it's patently tosh . Then it's repeated .. I think it's worth pointing it out .

I just trade in betfair using Betangel .. and green up ( or red up if it's a losing trade ) before the off .. very rarely ever back a horse to win anymore .
But like happy I spend hours every day trying to identify price moves etc .. so I do appreciate the time he puts in

And to be honest didn't realise he had just starting posting as havnt been on here in awhile .. as you can see by my no of posts .

I just remember him behaving exactly the same way when I used to post on Claretsmad .. and really there's no need for it

behaving in what way?
tipping horses?
when you posted previously I worked you out....very little knowldge of draw bias....sire preference etc...2 of your selections today were sired by BORN TO SEA....one of the very worst all weather sires...that just screams lack of undrstanding of very basic sire stats....then tonight you go off on one about a horse whose entire breeding screams all weather and yet again you try and have a pop and yet again totally wrong.....I would love to learn something from you because thats what I try to do every day....but your obsession with ratings simply does not work.....you just seem to wait for my post then try to rip it to bits.
for instance yesterday when you said that y DECISION MAKER "looks poor value here not that long ago effectively rated 61 with his penalty and upped in class ( last 2 wins in class 6 and 7 ) "
the reason you said that was to have a dig at me which you have done frequently on here and cm.....now people can see right through that so perhaps just concentrate on your own selections.
I dont have time to write chapter and verse about every bet but my thoughts yesterday were as follows.
when beaten previously at the track the horse was used early to get a position down the slow rail so you can toss that out.....when winning the previous run I tipped the 2nd horse who was very badly drawn on his previous run and something lucky had the best ground.....I really thought the 2nd would beat him but SOMETHING LUCKY beat him with something to spare in a fast time after they changed tactics by holding the horse up to conserve his energy for a telling winning run
so for me that made him a good bet at 2/1 yesterday although drifted to 11/4 which was even better.....now I am too busy for this rubbish so just concentrate on your own stuff eh....maybe you start the daily thread so you can give your bets your full attention instead of criticising mine.....no one wants to read this.....I really don't care what you tip...it doesn't affect my view in any way....who knows if you put a couple of horses up with really good reasoning ( not just ratings ) and perhaps I do as well, the unfortunate soles that have to read this might get a lucky 15 up......perhaps 1 selection in most races would help most punters as well.....got to go....not had my tea yet.
thats it....the end...if you want to talk nice then ok....but no interest in oneupmanship......speak tomorrow on the saturday thread xxxx.

WestMidsClaret
Been Liked: 534 times
Has Liked: 506 times

Post by WestMidsClaret » Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:07 pm

Which one of you is claretpunter??? :lol: 8-)

happyclaret17

Post by happyclaret17 » Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:09 pm

no comment...on the grounds that I don't want to incriminate myself.....ffs...lol.
This user liked this post: WestMidsClaret

Dy1geo
Been Liked: 211 times
Has Liked: 62 times

Post by Dy1geo » Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:30 pm

I remember Claretpunter with his fictitious points staking it got quite comedic in the end.
I personally like reading Happy’s tips and make my own mind up, Coolfitch being one.
I definately think the more you study horses the “luckier you become” my late Dad was a massive believer in making sure by breeding the horse is suitable for a particular race, he had an excellent knowledge of bloodlines and used to win quite a few quid, his downfall was trying to pick one in each race and then doing the mug multiple bets.

TVC15
Been Liked: 3321 times
Has Liked: 601 times

Post by TVC15 » Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:47 pm

Flyingboltclaret - the thing is just like last time you did this my own preference is that you don't post on the racing threads - for me you are ruining them

A lot of us go on the thread to look at what Happyclaret is saying because we know he is genuine and spends a hell of a lot of time researching.

happyclaret17

Post by happyclaret17 » Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:27 pm

just for you Dy1geo
http://www.uptheclarets.com/messageboar ... =2&t=16831" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
one or 2 more like this this year hopefully eh.
This user liked this post: Dy1geo

Flyingboltclaret

Post by Flyingboltclaret » Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:44 pm

happyclaret17 wrote:.........

behaving in what way?
tipping horses?
when you posted previously I worked you out....very little knowldge of draw bias....sire preference etc...2 of your selections today were sired by BORN TO SEA....one of the very worst all weather sires...that just screams lack of undrstanding of very basic sire stats....then tonight you go off on one about a horse whose entire breeding screams all weather and yet again you try and have a pop and yet again totally wrong.....I would love to learn something from you because thats what I try to do every day....but your obsession with ratings simply does not work.....you just seem to wait for my post then try to rip it to bits.
for instance yesterday when you said that y DECISION MAKER "looks poor value here not that long ago effectively rated 61 with his penalty and upped in class ( last 2 wins in class 6 and 7 ) "
the reason you said that was to have a dig at me which you have done frequently on here and cm.....now people can see right through that so perhaps just concentrate on your own selections.
I dont have time to write chapter and verse about every bet but my thoughts yesterday were as follows.
when beaten previously at the track the horse was used early to get a position down the slow rail so you can toss that out.....when winning the previous run I tipped the 2nd horse who was very badly drawn on his previous run and something lucky had the best ground.....I really thought the 2nd would beat him but SOMETHING LUCKY beat him with something to spare in a fast time after they changed tactics by holding the horse up to conserve his energy for a telling winning run
so for me that made him a good bet at 2/1 yesterday although drifted to 11/4 which was even better.....now I am too busy for this rubbish so just concentrate on your own stuff eh....maybe you start the daily thread so you can give your bets your full attention instead of criticising mine.....no one wants to read this.....I really don't care what you tip...it doesn't affect my view in any way....who knows if you put a couple of horses up with really good reasoning ( not just ratings ) and perhaps I do as well, the unfortunate soles that have to read this might get a lucky 15 up......perhaps 1 selection in most races would help most punters as well.....got to go....not had my tea yet.
thats it....the end...if you want to talk nice then ok....but no interest in oneupmanship......speak tomorrow on the saturday thread xxxx.
Glad you've got that off your chest .. for someone who wanted to keep quiet you've a lot to say .. no one really wants to read your sour grapes ( as you say).. if you read my post I did say I got Something Lucky wrong .. and yes I know the riding tactics have changed in the horse .. I don't follow rating but am a believer in back form and trainer form

We all do things differently . It works for me . And your way works for you .. but you are allowed to comment on other postings on message boards .. so don't be so prentenious

Just remember it's a footy message boards and the majority don't give a fig about what we say.. and there are far more important things in life.

So lighten up and try not to be as mean spirited as you appear to be

Flyingboltclaret

Post by Flyingboltclaret » Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:46 pm

TVC15 wrote:Flyingboltclaret - the thing is just like last time you did this my own preference is that you don't post on the racing threads - for me you are ruining them

A lot of us go on the thread to look at what Happyclaret is saying because we know he is genuine and spends a hell of a lot of time researching.

I spend a lot of time researching .. and as is often said in here .. no one has to read posts they don't like or have no interest in

It's a message board !!