Six Nations 2018

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
LeadBelly
Been Liked: 1007 times
Has Liked: 2047 times

Re: Six Nations 2018

Post by LeadBelly » Mon Mar 12, 2018 2:37 pm

Re RU now v 70s. I used to prefer watching League to Union but it's the other way round for me now. I think RU as a spectacle has improved no end. Partly (as per footy) because of better pitches & partly because of laws to tidy up tackle area etc. The ball is actually in play a lot longer now it seems.
I prefer watching RU to football now (excepting watching Clarets of course).
The thing that I miss most from those 70s days are the (relatively) small nimble players (I think of Phil Bennett as prime example). It was great to see him jinking through/beyond the grasps of much bigger guys trying to bring him down. Everybody seems a giant now. Centres like Bastareaud coming at you with 18+ stone on them- would steamroller me flat.

On the 6N: quite a few England weaknesses have been exposed but I still fancy England to beat Ireland on St Paddy's Day. I wish I had a ticket for that.

Tribesmen
Been Liked: 1180 times
Has Liked: 637 times

Post by Tribesmen » Fri Mar 16, 2018 11:19 pm

Right then, here we go for the final week .
As for the Championship it's all over as we know , now first game up is Italy v Scotland , let's face it i think we can only see one result but you never know if Italy start well as they have to take aim as this is a game they have to win and i hope they do . Still i can't see the Scots losing and win by 18 points , hey hope i get this one wrong .
The last game of the day is very interesting Wales at home and the French on the up now going to be tight i would say but feel the French will miss out and Wales will win .
So saved the best for last the middle game .
What this means for England is sort of stop the rot ,beat the Irish as the the Irish did to England in Dublin and stop the Grand Slam last season .
This game is a strange one as if Jones had gone with the same 15 as last week they would have got well beaten , but he has rolled the dice with the changes .
Are England good enough to beat the Irish i am not sure , hey on Paddy's Day everything is loaded for the boys in green .
I think it has come down to what Eddie Jones has said about the " scummy Irish " this is all they need as Ireland will win the slam and the whole of Ireland will have a party ... Ohhh i will be somewhere in the middle of it in a pub in Galway City .

timshorts
Been Liked: 413 times
Has Liked: 307 times

Post by timshorts » Sat Mar 17, 2018 7:22 am

It has not been the most exciting six nations.
Everyone has tonked Italy
all but one of the other games has been won by the home team. Even that one was won by a last second drop goal by the side that probably deserved to lose.
Hope Ireland can pull off a second win away today. Notwithstanding the luck in Paris, they deserve to win the thing.

Tribesmen
Been Liked: 1180 times
Has Liked: 637 times

Post by Tribesmen » Sun Mar 18, 2018 6:09 am

timshorts wrote:It has not been the most exciting six nations.
Everyone has tonked Italy
all but one of the other games has been won by the home team. Even that one was won by a last second drop goal by the side that probably deserved to lose.
Hope Ireland can pull off a second win away today. Notwithstanding the luck in Paris, they deserve to win the thing.
Hard luck old boy , have to feel sorry for the English :lol:
This user liked this post: SussexDon1inIreland

conyoviejo
Been Liked: 2491 times
Has Liked: 1477 times

Post by conyoviejo » Mon Mar 19, 2018 7:26 pm

Disturbing scenes at Twickers as stewards force England fans to stay and watch their third consecutive defeat...
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (72.8 KiB) Viewed 335 times

Caernarfon_Claret
Been Liked: 1475 times
Has Liked: 634 times

Post by Caernarfon_Claret » Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:30 pm

Forced to buy twixes at inflated prices at twickers.