Make them earn your respect ..

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
bfccrazy
Been Liked: 2105 times
Has Liked: 416 times

Make them earn your respect ..

Post by bfccrazy » Sat Feb 03, 2018 7:56 pm

Commented at the Etihad a few weeks ago how we sat off their players almost in awe - today we did the opposite ... we went at them.

I'm the stands out fans spent 45 mins just enjoying watching City pass the ball around flawlessly and they got on with business as usual - all it took today was for the fans to think "F THIS" and the whole place got a buzz. Every misplaced pass from City was pounced on by the home fans. Their players started receiving stick again and Sterling was pantomime villain again (I honestly think Burnley fans get into his head every time we play him at home). The respect that City have earnt over a season of special moments was lost in front of our fans today when Sterling missed a goal any of us could have scored easily.

The true animal that is Turf Moor erupted after that as it does on occasion and special things always happen - as soon as the crowd got going I knew we would do something and the players visibly fed off the energy - a truly magical sight that I wish could happen more often but I am so glad I was part of again today. If we could manage 19 of those atmospheres a season (it'll never happen but then again I never thought we'd be 7th) the fortress Turf Moo would again be a place any visitors would dread for weeks to visit.

Long may it continue - UTFC.
These 3 users liked this post: Holmeclaret Croydon Claret Rick_Muller