Thunderstruck and Gobsmacked

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Lowbankclaret
Been Liked: 1233 times
Has Liked: 56 times

Re: Thunderstruck and Gobsmacked

Post by Lowbankclaret » Sun Feb 18, 2018 7:47 am

I read this yesterday and wanted to type something but really there are no words you can say.
It is truly very sad to hear this news.
My thoughts are with you.
This user liked this post: FactualFrank

Pearcey
Been Liked: 1149 times
Has Liked: 1443 times

Post by Pearcey » Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:43 am

So sad to read this CC. Thoughts are with you and your family.

africlaret
Been Liked: 73 times
Has Liked: 169 times

Post by africlaret » Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:01 am

From one distant Claret to another - may The Force be with you.

claptrappers_union
Been Liked: 1766 times
Has Liked: 354 times

Post by claptrappers_union » Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:44 am

I’ve seen this Thunderstruck thread floating around the forum for a while but only opened it this morning. There is nothing I can say which has already been said.

If there’s anything you need - wether it be helping fund friends and family to see you or sending something from here over to you, I’m sure as a collective we can help make it happen.
These 4 users liked this post: jjclaret The Enclosure cricketfieldclarets ClaretCanada

Holmeclaret
Been Liked: 201 times
Has Liked: 232 times

Post by Holmeclaret » Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:12 am

Words are hard to find. Wishing you peace and contentment in whatever time there is and I'm praying that it's going to be much longer than predicted.

Love and best wishes.

Hipper
Been Liked: 1177 times
Has Liked: 921 times

Post by Hipper » Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:14 am

CC - is there anything this Board can do for you?
These 3 users liked this post: FactualFrank The Enclosure ebby

tim_noone
Been Liked: 4384 times
Has Liked: 15117 times

Post by tim_noone » Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:40 am

Holmeclaret wrote:Words are hard to find. Wishing you peace and contentment in whatever time there is and I'm praying that it's going to be much longer than predicted.

Love and best wishes.
As above and all the posts on here.

alwaysaclaret
Been Liked: 236 times
Has Liked: 441 times

Post by alwaysaclaret » Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:43 am

Can't believe I've read this this morning, as lots have said so hard to comprehend, but hey, your in every bodies thoughts and prayers, I pray it's better news on Tuesday and we're all with you for the biggest fight of your life.

FCBurnley
Been Liked: 1997 times
Has Liked: 1142 times

Post by FCBurnley » Sun Feb 18, 2018 2:13 pm

I am just a few months younger than you CC and I could not stop thinking about post. Can only hope the diagnosis is wrong but either way my thoughts are with you. Stay Burnley Strong and you can win. You have truly put life into perspective.

HigherfordClaret
Been Liked: 5 times

Post by HigherfordClaret » Sun Feb 18, 2018 5:32 pm

Earlier this week one of your former school friends told me about your heartbreaking news. I browse this site on a regular basis but had not realised who Canada Claret was. Steve,I will always remember our meeting just a few years ago when you and your wife and the aforementioned friend and his wife together with myself were given a tour of the ground and then had a photo taken of the five of us in the Bob Lord Stand.So many fellow Clarets have posted heartfelt words on here because of your continued support for the club. For you to have followed your home town team from your Canadian home is typical of a true Claret. My thoughts and feelings echo those of all of the previous posters and I will always remember meeting you and enjoying your company. Peace and love to you and your family Steve.
These 5 users liked this post: tim_noone conyoviejo ClaretCanada MT03ALG cricketfieldclarets

JPS71
Been Liked: 119 times
Has Liked: 310 times

Post by JPS71 » Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:31 pm

WOW thats a real kick in the butt
Really sorry to hear your news.
Hopefully you will enjoy a pain free time & another clarets win .
God bless

gandhisflipflop
Been Liked: 2327 times
Has Liked: 1401 times

Post by gandhisflipflop » Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:35 pm

This has to the saddest post i have ever read on any forum ever. I am deeply saddened to read this and echo the thoughts and prayers of everyone in here. May your last few weeks be filled with love and peace. So so sorry. You will always be a claret.

Soccermad
Been Liked: 7 times

Post by Soccermad » Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:52 pm

Just had a message from Canada claret who is in hospital now and will get the final results on Tuesday but he is not hopeful. He's asked for an extra cheer on his behalf against Southampton. Let's make an extra noise just for Steve xx
These 7 users liked this post: FactualFrank tim_noone Juan Tanamera MT03ALG cricketfieldclarets Rick_Muller The Enclosure

FactualFrank
Been Liked: 6930 times
Has Liked: 11660 times

Post by FactualFrank » Sun Feb 18, 2018 7:01 pm

Soccermad wrote:Just had a message from Canada claret who is in hospital now and will get the final results on Tuesday but he is not hopeful. He's asked for an extra cheer on his behalf against Southampton. Let's make an extra noise just for Steve xx
It's one of those moments in your life when you really don't know how you feel, or what to say.

Even though I've never met ClaretCanada (well, that I know of), he's always been a great poster on here, and Up The Clarets over the last couple of years has become more than just a place to post messages. It's not just that. It's a place where you've got to know people without needing to physically meet them. In a way, we're all part of a family because we all support Burnley.
These 4 users liked this post: spadesclaret tim_noone Juan Tanamera The Enclosure

KLClaret
Been Liked: 92 times
Has Liked: 44 times

Post by KLClaret » Sun Feb 18, 2018 7:24 pm

As above, Peace be with you fellow Claret

ALP
Been Liked: 1466 times
Has Liked: 388 times

Post by ALP » Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:30 pm

WOW, this really does put life into perspective with news like that.

All the very best Canada Claret, you are in my thoughts and prayers.

UTC and God bless

Juan Tanamera
Been Liked: 770 times
Has Liked: 10055 times

Post by Juan Tanamera » Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:37 pm

Hard to know what to say CC but to wish you peace mate.

ClaretCanada
Been Liked: 444 times
Has Liked: 505 times

Post by ClaretCanada » Sun Feb 18, 2018 11:28 pm

Hipper wrote:CC - is there anything this Board can do for you?
Treat everyone with respect, value everyones opinion, resorting to name calling just ruins so many topics
These 35 users liked this post: HunterST_BFC Wile E Coyote Billy_Bumface HiroshimaClaret spadesclaret Gerry Hattrick Pearcey ClaretTony IndigoLake Firthy longsidepies Braindead Coates4england Paulclaret Goddy cricketfieldclarets Paul Waine Bcap1959 tim_noone Rick_Muller ClaretRoob ebby derryclaret bfcjg Cirrus_Minor CrosspoolClarets Holmeclaret BFCmaj The Enclosure Yeovil1951 Damo rincon JohnMac Claretnick KeighleyClaret

HunterST_BFC
Been Liked: 1402 times
Has Liked: 2692 times

Post by HunterST_BFC » Mon Feb 19, 2018 1:20 am

This is the hardest ever thread to put any reply into words.

Simply hoping you have better news Tuesday.
Huge love to you and yours.
From us all.
Attachments
pray canada.jpg
pray canada.jpg (133.71 KiB) Viewed 3310 times

IanMcL
Been Liked: 6361 times
Has Liked: 8704 times

Post by IanMcL » Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:35 am

I wondered what the thread was about.
Now I know.

I am stunned too.

Like all the Clarets, I feel for you and wish you a painless peace. Thanks for being one of us. You chose well.

I have no other words. Now I will literally wior the tear from my eye. Good luck my fellow Claret.

Burtonwoodclaret
Been Liked: 82 times
Has Liked: 4 times

Post by Burtonwoodclaret » Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:06 am

Canada Claret, like everyone else, I send you my love thoughts and prayers as well as my great respect for you. In starting this thread , you have unleashed an enormous amount of kindness and sensitivity from fellow Clarets. Reading these posts has made me feel both humble and proud to be a member of this community. UTCC

Burtonwoodclaret
Been Liked: 82 times
Has Liked: 4 times

Post by Burtonwoodclaret » Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:06 am

Canada Claret, like everyone else, I send you my love thoughts and prayers as well as my great respect for you. In starting this thread , you have unleashed an enormous amount of kindness and sensitivity from fellow Clarets. Reading these posts has made me feel both humble and proud to be a member of this community. UTCC
This user liked this post: jtv

cricketfieldclarets
Been Liked: 8585 times
Has Liked: 11285 times

Post by cricketfieldclarets » Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:36 am

Zesty wrote:That’s awful news CC, I admire how positive you are about it! If you was up for coming the turf again for a match I’m sure we could all chip in and get it sorted for you.

Keep fighting because occasionally they are wrong with their diagnosis and people live for years and years!

A bit of a strange idea I guess but I’ve heard a lot of people talking about cannabis oil. If you’re interested there’s a lot of info on google about it, there’s nothing to lose if you do decide to try it!

I wish you all the best. Keep fighting. UTC
Mrs mentioned this and her friends gran is still about 2 years after she was given 6 weeks. I didnt want to post it as I am sure he is aware of it and I didnt want to play doctor. But you are right to mention it zesty.
This user liked this post: Zesty

cricketfieldclarets
Been Liked: 8585 times
Has Liked: 11285 times

Post by cricketfieldclarets » Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:40 am

ClaretCanada wrote:Treat everyone with respect, value everyones opinion, resorting to name calling just ruins so many topics
Well said. Seen similar posted before. But given your situation one of the most powerful posts ive read.
These 2 users liked this post: FactualFrank HiroshimaClaret

Bcap1959
Been Liked: 11 times
Has Liked: 494 times

Post by Bcap1959 » Mon Feb 19, 2018 1:53 pm

I don’t normally post on here but just want to wish you peace and sympathy, and hope the prediction is wrong.

FCBurnley
Been Liked: 1997 times
Has Liked: 1142 times

Post by FCBurnley » Mon Feb 19, 2018 3:14 pm

Claret Tony, I dont think I know Steve ( CanadaClaret) but feel like I have a lot in common with him ( age and emigrated to North America). Like many others his article hit me hard. So I just wondered if you thought it appropriate to run with an article or a maybe a banner headline asking members to
STAY CLARETS STRONG for STEVE. It might just help you never know. If its not possible then no problem.
This user liked this post: cricketfieldclarets

Bin Ont Turf
Been Liked: 5185 times
Has Liked: 803 times
Location: On top of a pink elephant riding to the Democratic Republic of Congo

Post by Bin Ont Turf » Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:24 pm

UTCC!
This user liked this post: conyoviejo

conyoviejo
Been Liked: 2491 times
Has Liked: 1477 times

Post by conyoviejo » Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:49 pm

UTCC!

ClaretCanada

Post by ClaretCanada » Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:43 pm

We saw the oncologist this morning and he has pencilled in a chemo appointment for next week, so that will start then provided his secondary issues improve a bit. They want him a bit stronger.
His heart rate is stabilized with meds, his breathing needs to improve a little (a little more mobility like sitting up or walking will help with that) lungs sound very good (but still 2 days of the 7 day treatment of antibiotics still to go) the meds for the blood clot has reached therapeutic levels (meaning his heart rate and blood pressure are working together within a proper range, he has been on IV for that and can now switch to daily injections) so once all the above reach required expectations he will be able to start chemo next week and hopefully (cross fingers) be home in the next few days.

We know it’s terminal so with palliative treatment we will take it .....
One day at a time and keeping positive

Once he’s home he will want visitors, it’ll be - Open door - anytime

Dar

I am no going to keep posting and bore you, I will keep you up to date periodically
I thank you all for your tremendous support I will be forever grateful
Now back to more important stuff BurnLey 3-1
UTC
These 17 users liked this post: BennyD bfcjg tim_noone derryclaret Wile E Coyote IndigoLake Rick_Muller The Enclosure stokesy19 cricketfieldclarets HunterST_BFC Firthy longsidepies ebby JohnMac lesxdp KeighleyClaret

bfcjg
Been Liked: 5072 times
Has Liked: 6846 times

Post by bfcjg » Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:21 pm

Thanks for the update. I hope all goes as well as possible.

IndigoLake
Been Liked: 1 time
Has Liked: 832 times

Post by IndigoLake » Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:45 pm

Appreciate the update. I think it's safe to say that we're all rooting for ClaretCanada (Steve) right now. UTC.

Wile E Coyote
Been Liked: 2889 times
Has Liked: 1763 times

Post by Wile E Coyote » Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:45 pm

Thanks , and it will not bore any of us, this post has struck a chord with all Clarets on here, and we found it both sad and inspirational.

Rick_Muller
Been Liked: 2633 times
Has Liked: 6447 times

Post by Rick_Muller » Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:50 pm

“There’s only one Steve in Canada, one Steve in Canada, there’s only one Steve in Can-a-da...” that would echo round Turf Moor beautifully on Saturday

UTCC

bf2k
Been Liked: 336 times
Has Liked: 1516 times

Post by bf2k » Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:53 pm

ClaretCanada wrote:I turned 71 last week, i had x rays scheduled for pnuemonia and duly had them but was immediately sent for CT Scan and within 30 mins i was admitted
to emergency and for the last 10 days I have been pricked, opened,biopsied and attacked by any hospital machine known to man.
ABSOLUETLTY SHOCKED TO FIND I HAVE CANCER OF STOMACH, ESOPIGUS, excuse spelling to lazy and tired to check.LIVER LEFT LUNG.
From having a cold and pnumonia finally clearing up last week to be told 3 to 4 weeks max justGobsmacks me.
So sorry to hear your news ClaretCanada. I've just lost a dear friend to a similar scenario. Enjoy all the time remaining and hopefully the clarets can pick up another 3 points.

Bin Ont Turf
Been Liked: 5185 times
Has Liked: 803 times
Location: On top of a pink elephant riding to the Democratic Republic of Congo

Post by Bin Ont Turf » Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:54 pm

UTCC
This user liked this post: bf2k

Belial
Been Liked: 381 times
Has Liked: 320 times

Post by Belial » Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:11 pm

Just read this post, Wow, what horrible, horrible news. You've clearly gotten to many of us on here, and indirectly brought everyone together in doing so. I lost my father to cancer a few weeks ago - aged 69, so sympathise with you and all involved. Be the best you can be, and enjoy as much as you can. Much love to you and your family, and if you or any of them need anything don't hesitate to ask

UTC(C)

ClaretCanada

Post by ClaretCanada » Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:40 pm

HigherfordClaret wrote:Earlier this week one of your former school friends told me about your heartbreaking news. I browse this site on a regular basis but had not realised who Canada Claret was. Steve,I will always remember our meeting just a few years ago when you and your wife and the aforementioned friend and his wife together with myself were given a tour of the ground and then had a photo taken of the five of us in the Bob Lord Stand.So many fellow Clarets have posted heartfelt words on here because of your continued support for the club. For you to have followed your home town team from your Canadian home is typical of a true Claret. My thoughts and feelings echo those of all of the previous posters and I will always remember meeting you and enjoying your company. Peace and love to you and your family Steve.
A great day and a memory hat will stay with me forever Thank you
These 2 users liked this post: tim_noone cricketfieldclarets

Moorite
Been Liked: 203 times
Has Liked: 108 times

Post by Moorite » Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:00 pm

Honestly can't put my thoughts in words. UTCC

levraiclaret
Been Liked: 428 times
Has Liked: 1460 times

Post by levraiclaret » Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:42 pm

Rick_Muller wrote:“There’s only one Steve in Canada, one Steve in Canada, there’s only one Steve in Can-a-da...” that would echo round Turf Moor beautifully on Saturday

UTCC
Lets do it,

HiroshimaClaret
Been Liked: 746 times
Has Liked: 927 times

Post by HiroshimaClaret » Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:10 pm

ClaretCanada wrote:We saw the oncologist this morning and he has pencilled in a chemo appointment for next week, so that will start then provided his secondary issues improve a bit. They want him a bit stronger.
His heart rate is stabilized with meds, his breathing needs to improve a little (a little more mobility like sitting up or walking will help with that) lungs sound very good (but still 2 days of the 7 day treatment of antibiotics still to go) the meds for the blood clot has reached therapeutic levels (meaning his heart rate and blood pressure are working together within a proper range, he has been on IV for that and can now switch to daily injections) so once all the above reach required expectations he will be able to start chemo next week and hopefully (cross fingers) be home in the next few days.

We know it’s terminal so with palliative treatment we will take it .....
One day at a time and keeping positive

Once he’s home he will want visitors, it’ll be - Open door - anytime

Dar

I am no going to keep posting and bore you, I will keep you up to date periodically
I thank you all for your tremendous support I will be forever grateful
Now back to more important stuff BurnLey 3-1
UTC
I wish you all the best and hope you can find strength to keep fighting and comfort in the dark times. Thoughts and prayers are with you and your family x