Your team vs Southampton

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Mala591
Been Liked: 685 times
Has Liked: 429 times

Your team vs Southampton

Post by Mala591 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:58 am

Give 4-4-2 another chance, revert back to 4-4-1-1 or maybe try 4-3-3 ?

The choice is yours.

I'm taking a few risks this week. Ward back in, Taylor playing left midfield and Lennon given a free roaming role behind Vokes.

.................Pope
Lowton Long Mee Ward
JBG Cork Hendrick Taylor
.............Lennon
..............Vokes

Sutton-Claret
Been Liked: 378 times
Has Liked: 165 times

Re: Your team vs Southampton

Post by Sutton-Claret » Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:09 am

Do we actually know who's fit. What about Tarks and Wood?

HiroshimaClaret
Been Liked: 746 times
Has Liked: 927 times

Post by HiroshimaClaret » Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:32 am

For starters, Hendrick shouldn`t be anywhere near the starting 11, in my opinion. Nothing he has done in the last 6 or 7 weeks warrants his inclusion. I think we can name Arfield in there and revolve when necessary between him, Gudmundsson and Lennon. It`s a waste of time mentioning Nkoudou as an option as he will never get a look in. We all know it will be either a 4-4-2 or 4-4-1-1.

Pope
Lowton Long (Tarkowski still out?) Mee Taylor
Lennon Cork Westwood Gudmundsson
Arfield
Take your pick

ClaretTony
Been Liked: 32417 times
Has Liked: 5273 times

Post by ClaretTony » Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:37 am

HiroshimaClaret wrote:For starters, Hendrick shouldn`t be anywhere near the starting 11, in my opinion.
He'd be in my starting 11 and much more importantly he's in Dyche's starting 11. Not once has Jeff Hendrick been left out since he signed for us which tells you how highly valued he is by the manager.
This user liked this post: Burnleyareback2

HiroshimaClaret

Post by HiroshimaClaret » Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:17 am

ClaretTony wrote:He'd be in my starting 11 and much more importantly he's in Dyche's starting 11. Not once has Jeff Hendrick been left out since he signed for us which tells you how highly valued he is by the manager.
Not arguing with you that he`ll be starting - would simply prefer for him not to be doing so.
This user liked this post: KateR

CFS
Been Liked: 231 times
Has Liked: 113 times

Post by CFS » Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:20 am

Pope
Lowton Long Mee Taylor
Lennon cork hendrick JBG
Barnes
Vokes

Firthy
Been Liked: 1613 times
Has Liked: 275 times

Post by Firthy » Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:22 am

Pope
Lowton Long Mee Taylor
Lennon Cork Hendrick JBG
Barnes
Wood

ClaretTony

Post by ClaretTony » Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:23 am

HiroshimaClaret wrote:Not arguing with you that he`ll be starting - would simply prefer for him not to be doing so.
Why? Why would you not want a player in the side who the manager deems good enough to have started every game for the last 17-18 months?

HiroshimaClaret

Post by HiroshimaClaret » Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:25 am

Got me thinking (you can tell the kids have gone to bed) if whether during our other `successful` periods (I can only comment from `91/`92 onwards) there has been a player SO polarising (for use of a better word) a player as Hendrick currently is?

I can recall having some real barndingers with people regards Super Johnny Francis (some unenlightened ones thought he wasn`t so super!!!!). Andy Farrell was another favourite of mine who some did not have down as `a good `un.

Eagles, I suppose, split opinion.

Quickenthetempo
Been Liked: 3862 times
Has Liked: 2072 times

Post by Quickenthetempo » Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:26 am

Pope
Lowton (Tarky) Long Mee Taylor
Lennon Cork Westwood GKN
JBG
Vokes

I know it won't happen, but it would be nice to set up to try and score two goals against a relegation side.

Eyres_11
Been Liked: 73 times
Has Liked: 6 times

Post by Eyres_11 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:30 am

ClaretTony wrote:He'd be in my starting 11 and much more importantly he's in Dyche's starting 11. Not once has Jeff Hendrick been left out since he signed for us which tells you how highly valued he is by the manager.
Why would he be in your starting 11? He has been terrible.

HiroshimaClaret

Post by HiroshimaClaret » Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:31 am

ClaretTony wrote:Why? Why would you not want a player in the side who the manager deems good enough to have started every game for the last 17-18 months?
Speechless! If you honestly think he has been anything other than a passenger in the aforementioned time period, then we are watching different games. He must have an aura and presence to him that I can`t pick up over t`internet. Each to their own though!!!! I suspect you could go through each and every Premier League team, nay football league team, successful or not, where the inclusion of a particular player leaves the locals scratching their heads.

A mate of mine is a Scouser, a huge Liverpool fan to boot and cannot for the life of him understand why Henderson is in the team. I`m with him on that one!
This user liked this post: SussexDon1inIreland

UpTheClaretsFCBK
Been Liked: 372 times
Has Liked: 14 times

Post by UpTheClaretsFCBK » Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:32 am

The initial info from the club was that Wood and Tarkowski we’re back for this game, but not heard anything more.

Pope
Lowton Tarkowski Mee Taylor
Lennon Cork Hendrick Gundmundsson
Barnes Wood

Or

Pope
Lowton Long Mee Taylor
Lennon Cork Hendrick Gudmundsson
Barnes Vokes

Goobs
Been Liked: 1465 times
Has Liked: 995 times

Post by Goobs » Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:33 am

Pope
Lowton Long Mee Taylor
Lennon Cork Hendrick JBG
Arfield
Barnes

Subs Heaton, Ward, Westwood, Vokes, GKN, Bardsley, Wells

Just think with Wood, Marney & Tarks, Walters, Brady and Defour all missing 5 / 6 of the above would not even be in a match day squad usually :o
No wonder our youngsters can't get a sniff. They would have to be an exceptional talent to warrant even a place on the bench at the moment.

UpTheClaretsFCBK

Post by UpTheClaretsFCBK » Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:34 am

Re: the Hendrick bashing.

Simply the ramblings of Supporters who don’t really understand football and have jumped on the scapegoat band wagon.

He’s looked miles better since he reverted to his natural position.
This user liked this post: CaptJohn

Eyres_11
Been Liked: 73 times
Has Liked: 6 times

Post by Eyres_11 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:40 am

UpTheClaretsFCBK wrote:Re: the Hendrick bashing.

Simply the ramblings of Supporters who don’t really understand football and have jumped on the scapegoat band wagon.

No, I fully understand football. You're wrong. He has been sh1te.
These 3 users liked this post: Quickenthetempo HiroshimaClaret claretgimmer

HiroshimaClaret

Post by HiroshimaClaret » Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:44 am

Why is it `bashing`? People simply have a different viewpoint and don`t consider his performances good enough at the moment.

It seems that some people can`t even attempt to follow ClaretCanada`s wishes of `respecting other people`s opinions` without getting abusive or resorting to name-calling. It`s a fans` forum and we`re not all enamored with the same players.
Last edited by HiroshimaClaret on Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Quickenthetempo
Been Liked: 3862 times
Has Liked: 2072 times

Post by Quickenthetempo » Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:45 am

95% of Burnley fans must not understand football then, just have a quick look at Hendrick's player ratings for the whole season on this site.

Sadly just not good enough, I watch him closely hoping he will do something to indicate he's just going through a bad patch and he will come good. His confidence went months ago.

89th minute against Swansea he receives the ball in his own half in acres of space, instead of trying to make something happen and get the ball forward he simply gave it back to the Centre Half. Midfielders need to be on the ball not giving it back to lesser players for them to deal with it.

TVC15
Been Liked: 3321 times
Has Liked: 601 times

Post by TVC15 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:49 am

HiroshimaClaret wrote:Speechless! If you honestly think he has been anything other than a passenger in the aforementioned time period, then we are watching different games. He must have an aura and presence to him that I can`t pick up over t`internet. Each to their own though!!!! I suspect you could go through each and every Premier League team, nay football league team, successful or not, where the inclusion of a particular player leaves the locals scratching their heads.

A mate of mine is a Scouser, a huge Liverpool fan to boot and cannot for the life of him understand why Henderson is in the team. I`m with him on that one!
That`s why you and your scouse mate are football fans rather than managers !!

Hendrick is clearly important to the team. I prefer for him to be playing deeper than number 10 as I don`t think we are seeing the best of him but at this moment in time we do not have many options.

I do not agree Arfield could play this position. I think he gives the ball away far too often when he plays centrally. As for JBG playing there it would seem an unnecessary risk to move him from playing out wide when he has been one of our best players in the last few months (if not our best player).

Whatever we all think what do you think SD and his team do in training every day ? They see the players for much longer than the 60 minutes or so we see the ball in play every few weeks. If they saw that a player had more potential to play the no 10 role than Hendrick do you seriously think that they would not give this a try ?

Hopefully either Hendrick develops into the role or this is a position that we strengthen in the summer. Either way I don`t get this over the top reaction to Hendrick when he is part of a team that is doing better than any of us can have imagined. It`s pure ignorance to think he has not contributed to that team effort and achievement.

ClaretTony

Post by ClaretTony » Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:51 am

HiroshimaClaret wrote:Speechless! If you honestly think he has been anything other than a passenger in the aforementioned time period, then we are watching different games.
If you honestly think Sean Dyche would select anyone on a regular basis who has been anything other than a passenger then you clearly know very little about our team or manager.

HiroshimaClaret wrote:A mate of mine is a Scouser, a huge Liverpool fan to boot and cannot for the life of him understand why Henderson is in the team. I`m with him on that one!
Better than Klopp too - amazed you are not managing a top club.
This user liked this post: burnley007

HiroshimaClaret

Post by HiroshimaClaret » Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:58 am

ClaretTony wrote:If you honestly think Sean Dyche would select anyone on a regular basis who has been anything other than a passenger then you clearly know very little about our team or manager.
I can recall, ClaretTony, that during our 2nd successful championship promotion campaign, Arfield, who was pretty much an ever-present in the team, received 4s, 5s and 6s over a prolonged period by your good self. You may not have queried his inclusion in words, but you certainly did with your ratings. Pot/kettle/black dare I suggest?
These 2 users liked this post: No Ney Never clarethead

claretcarrot93
Been Liked: 403 times
Has Liked: 77 times

Post by claretcarrot93 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:09 pm

HiroshimaClaret wrote:Not arguing with you that he`ll be starting - would simply prefer for him not to be doing so.
Hendrick is all right he is not as bad as some make out but he also is nowhere near as good as what others state.

HiroshimaClaret

Post by HiroshimaClaret » Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:29 pm

TVC15 wrote:That`s why you and your scouse mate are football fans rather than managers !!

Hendrick is clearly important to the team. I prefer for him to be playing deeper than number 10 as I don`t think we are seeing the best of him but at this moment in time we do not have many options.

I do not agree Arfield could play this position. I think he gives the ball away far too often when he plays centrally. As for JBG playing there it would seem an unnecessary risk to move him from playing out wide when he has been one of our best players in the last few months (if not our best player).

Whatever we all think what do you think SD and his team do in training every day ? They see the players for much longer than the 60 minutes or so we see the ball in play every few weeks. If they saw that a player had more potential to play the no 10 role than Hendrick do you seriously think that they would not give this a try ?

Hopefully either Hendrick develops into the role or this is a position that we strengthen in the summer. Either way I don`t get this over the top reaction to Hendrick when he is part of a team that is doing better than any of us can have imagined. It`s pure ignorance to think he has not contributed to that team effort and achievement.
And aren`t fans allowed to put their views across, in a non-abusive way, on a fans` forum? If not, then I suggest closing down the fans`s forums up and down the land (by the way, this fans` forum is clearly one of the best. Maybe as it has SO many passionate fans, AROUND THE WORLD, giving their honest opinions.

*** I thought Hendrick was contributing a great deal until Brady`s injury. He was actually winning me over but since Brady`s injury and Eire`s failure to qualify for the World Cup, his influence on the game, IN MY OPINION AND MANY OTHERS, has tailed off and continues to do so.
Last edited by HiroshimaClaret on Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

claretspice
Been Liked: 2829 times
Has Liked: 141 times

Post by claretspice » Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:31 pm

Everyone is entitled to rate players as they see them. They wouldn't be authentic if you uprated a player because you thought you were missing something the manager saw.

But to imply the manager has been picking someone who really has been a passenger is ludicrous. You're directly questioning the competence/integrity/credibility of the manager. We've had various down the years about whom that might be reasonable, but I think it is fair to say the current incumbent is not one of them. And to pick the time when we're 7th in the country 2/3 of the way through a season is breathtaking, really.

There are comments in the media today from Dyche about Hendrick, and the role he's being asked to play. Suffice to say Dyche has, unsurprisingly, basically said he's not playing as a number 10 as most people see the number 10 role, and most people are making too much of a formation as it might be written on paper rather than what actually happens.

I'd be really surprised if Hendrick is not in the team on Saturday. I don't know whether he'll play at the heart of midfield in a 2, or behind Arfield, or further forwards in the role he's played for most of the season, but I am pretty sure he'll play. For my money, the final place is between Arfield and Westwood, with Hendrick playing the other role either way.

I'd also start with Vokes, Lennon and JBG across the front.

claretcarrot93

Post by claretcarrot93 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:37 pm

claretspice wrote:Everyone is entitled to rate players as they see them. They wouldn't be authentic if you uprated a player because you thought you were missing something the manager saw.

But to imply the manager has been picking someone who really has been a passenger is ludicrous. You're directly questioning the competence/integrity/credibility of the manager. We've had various down the years about whom that might be reasonable, but I think it is fair to say the current incumbent is not one of them. And to pick the time when we're 7th in the country 2/3 of the way through a season is breathtaking, really.

There are comments in the media today from Dyche about Hendrick, and the role he's being asked to play. Suffice to say Dyche has, unsurprisingly, basically said he's not playing as a number 10 as most people see the number 10 role, and most people are making too much of a formation as it might be written on paper rather than what actually happens.

I'd be really surprised if Hendrick is not in the team on Saturday. I don't know whether he'll play at the heart of midfield in a 2, or behind Arfield, or further forwards in the role he's played for most of the season, but I am pretty sure he'll play. For my money, the final place is between Arfield and Westwood, with Hendrick playing the other role either way.

I'd also start with Vokes, Lennon and JBG across the front.
Agree with the below three with hendrick and cork in the middle

UpTheClaretsFCBK

Post by UpTheClaretsFCBK » Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:37 pm

The Hendrick bashing is nothing but misplaced anger that we've not had a result for a while.

When compared to other midfielders in the league, his vital stats are on par or not far behind.

He's shown he's capable, but he's inconsistent, that's not something that's going to be helped by getting on his back.
Attachments
Hendrick.jpg
Hendrick.jpg (147.92 KiB) Viewed 3970 times

claretcarrot93

Post by claretcarrot93 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:40 pm

UpTheClaretsFCBK wrote:The Hendrick bashing is nothing but misplaced anger that we've not had a result for a while.

When compared to other midfielders in the league, his vital stats are on par or not far behind.

He's shown he's capable, but he's inconsistent, that's not something that's going to be helped by getting on his back.
To be fair them above stats make him look bad as he plays more advanced than all of them

UpTheClaretsFCBK

Post by UpTheClaretsFCBK » Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:41 pm

claretcarrot93 wrote:To be fair them above stats make him look bad as he plays more advanced than all of them

Out of position.

quoonbeatz
Been Liked: 2594 times
Has Liked: 760 times

Post by quoonbeatz » Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:43 pm

HiroshimaClaret wrote:Maybe as it has SO many passionate fans, AROUND THE WORLD, giving their honest opinions.
i've no problem with any honest opinions, everyone's got one and that's fine. what i would say is that you watch all our games on tv so you don't get a full picture of whats actually happening on the pitch.

doesn't make your opinion any less valid - and obviously there are plenty who do attend games who agree with you - but i'd perhaps be less harsh. calling hendrick a passenger is just daft when he's been consistently starting games when he's available. there's a lot been made of him playing as a 'number 10' but, in the traditional sense, that's not really his game and its not really what dyche asks of him.
This user liked this post: ClaretTony

HiroshimaClaret

Post by HiroshimaClaret » Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:47 pm

Man Utd are 2nd in the Premier League - aren`t many people surprised regards Smallings inclusion week in, week out?
Liverpool 3rd - don`t tell me people don`t snigger at some of the calamitous defending on show???
Chelsea in 4th - BAKAYOKO????????? Really? Conte won the Premier League last season and has people scratching their heads regards this particular inclusion.
Tottenham - possibly Dier?
Arsenal - where do we start? Go on then...Xhaka!!!!! I would suggest a large chunk of Arsenal fans are bewildered by Arsene`s `faith` in him.

It goes on and on. It`s the nature of the football beast. Managers have their perceived blind spots and supporters their views. PLEASE don`t tell me that those accusing others of not understanding the game or of player bashing have not raised eyebrows or had a quick chuckle at the any of the above mentioned players.

Vintage Claret
Been Liked: 932 times
Has Liked: 607 times

Post by Vintage Claret » Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:58 pm

Personally, I wouldn't refer to Hendrick as a 'passenger' either but just don't think he has been in great form especially when playing further forward and would drop him to the bench.

I know SD (and others obviously) would disagree and I wouldn't presume to know better but as the thread title is 'YOUR team vs Southampton' and not 'what do you think the managers team will be vs Southampton' or 'what team would you pick that other posters would approve of' I'll go with:

Pope
Lowton Tarks if fit (sorry Kevin) Mee Taylor
Lennon Cork Westwood JBG
Wood if fit (sorry Ashley) Vokes

NottsClaret
Been Liked: 2596 times
Has Liked: 1 time

Post by NottsClaret » Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:08 pm

It's only when I read this board I think Hendrick is struggling. Watching the games live he looks like he's doing alright to me. He's got a good touch for a big lad, gets around the pitch, carries it forward well, and he's versatile. He's not DeBruyne or Hazard but other than Defour and Cork, he's our best option in there so he'll be in my XI. Certainly at the moment.

He's not been the best further forward, but again, he's the best option. If Arfield or Westwood were playing every week in either position Hendrick fills they'd be getting hammered for not being as good as Defour. But we can't start judging everyone against an experienced Champions League class player and then writing them off.

KateR
Been Liked: 1019 times
Has Liked: 6172 times

Post by KateR » Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:10 pm

Pope
Lowton (Tark's if fit but expect Long) Mee Taylor
Lennon Cork Westwood GKN
JBG
Vokes

Expect Hendrix to play with Westwood dropping out plus JBG to play instead of GKN with Barnes in with Sam, also expect Wood to be on for last 15 mins or so. Also Ward to make an appearance for Taylor late on but depending on the score.

Managed to have loads of permutations :) but original line up is what I would like to see, however very little chance of that happening

ClaretTony

Post by ClaretTony » Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:21 pm

HiroshimaClaret wrote:I can recall, ClaretTony, that during our 2nd successful championship promotion campaign, Arfield, who was pretty much an ever-present in the team, received 4s, 5s and 6s over a prolonged period by your good self. You may not have queried his inclusion in words, but you certainly did with your ratings. Pot/kettle/black dare I suggest?
Absolutely 100% incorrect and all you would need to do is talk to the people I go to football with. No pot, no kettle, just yourself taking another opportunity to have a go at Hendrick.

TVC15

Post by TVC15 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:24 pm

HiroshimaClaret wrote:And aren`t fans allowed to put their views across, in a non-abusive way, on a fans` forum? If not, then I suggest closing down the fans`s forums up and down the land (by the way, this fans` forum is clearly one of the best. Maybe as it has SO many passionate fans, AROUND THE WORLD, giving their honest opinions.

*** I thought Hendrick was contributing a great deal until Brady`s injury. He was actually winning me over but since Brady`s injury and Eire`s failure to qualify for the World Cup, his influence on the game, IN MY OPINION AND MANY OTHERS, has tailed off and continues to do so.
Nobody is being abusive to you.

None of us are saying Hendrick is setting the world on fire but your description of him is as extreme as fans saying he's a world beater.
Of course it's fine to have a different opinion on a player but it's also fine to be critical of that opinion if it's over the top like yours appears to be.
I'd expect the same reaction if I said I thought Hendrick was better than Eden Hazard ! I could say that's my opinion and I'm entitled to it but it would not stop people calling me out when I have zero to back this up.

HiroshimaClaret

Post by HiroshimaClaret » Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:31 pm

ClaretTony wrote:Absolutely 100% incorrect and all you would need to do is talk to the people I go to football with. No pot, no kettle, just yourself taking another opportunity to have a go at Hendrick.
Why allow ANY threads with the possibility of differing opinions? Honesty don`t know why you even have a match player ratings! It seems to me Claret Tony that if anyone dares to register a point not on point with yours, then eventually you will call their opinion idiotic, moronic, or words of a similar ilk. It seems to me slightly `off` that the creator/moderator/main content contributor (delete/add as applicable) to this website/forum (a lot of which is excellent) deems it acceptable to have such a strong , non-moderate take on proceedings and easily descends into the use of what many would consider and the website itself vehemently states it is against, abusive language.

UpTheClaretsFCBK

Post by UpTheClaretsFCBK » Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:31 pm

You know you've no substance when you have to use capital letters to put your point across. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tall Paul
Been Liked: 2564 times
Has Liked: 692 times

Post by Tall Paul » Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:36 pm

I can't see where anyone has been abusive on this thread.

Apart from towards Jeff Hendrick.

ClaretTony

Post by ClaretTony » Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:38 pm

HiroshimaClaret wrote:Why allow ANY threads with the possibility of differing opinions? Honesty don`t know why you even have a match player ratings! It seems to me Claret Tony that if anyone dares to register a point not on point with yours, then eventually you will call their opinion idiotic, moronic, or words of a similar ilk. It seems to me slightly `off` that the creator/moderator/main content contributor (delete/add as applicable) to this website/forum (a lot of which is excellent) deems it acceptable to have such a strong , non-moderate take on proceedings and easily descends into the use of what many would consider and the website itself vehemently states it is against, abusive language.
What a sad, sad comment that is, so incorrect but jumped on by a poster who simply can't cope with people disagreeing with his comments. Sorry if I've used abusive language, can't find it myself. I'd take a look at the thread if I were you if you don't like people disagreeing with you. There's a good number for you to have a go at.

HiroshimaClaret

Post by HiroshimaClaret » Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:53 pm

ClaretTony wrote:What a sad, sad comment that is, so incorrect but jumped on by a poster who simply can't cope with people disagreeing with his comments. Sorry if I've used abusive language, can't find it myself. I'd take a look at the thread if I were you if you don't like people disagreeing with you. There's a good number for you to have a go at.
Did I say it was in this particular thread? I don`t believe I did. We both know you have called people`s ratings `moronic` and `idiotic` with regards to certain players over the last couple of months. To argue otherwise would be disingenuous.

Let us walk our separate ways on this. I have better things to do at 11pm on a Thursday night and I`m sure your day could be better served otherwise.

Up the Clarets!

ClaretTony

Post by ClaretTony » Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:55 pm

HiroshimaClaret wrote:Did I say it was in this particular thread? I don`t believe I did. We both know you have called people`s ratings `moronic` and `idiotic` with regards to certain players over the last couple of months. To argue otherwise would be disingenuous.

Let us walk our separate ways on this. I have better things to do at 11pm on a Thursday night and I`m sure your day could be better served otherwise.

Up the Clarets!
If you say so - but stop making things up about me if you don't mind. Idiotic yes, I may well have used that, and I think some of your comments on Hendrick are just that. That's not abusive.

HiroshimaClaret

Post by HiroshimaClaret » Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:56 pm

TVC15 wrote:Nobody is being abusive to you.

None of us are saying Hendrick is setting the world on fire but your description of him is as extreme as fans saying he's a world beater.
Of course it's fine to have a different opinion on a player but it's also fine to be critical of that opinion if it's over the top like yours appears to be.
I'd expect the same reaction if I said I thought Hendrick was better than Eden Hazard ! I could say that's my opinion and I'm entitled to it but it would not stop people calling me out when I have zero to back this up.
MOD: Libelous comment removed

TVC15

Post by TVC15 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:58 pm

11pm on a Thursday night ?
Are you on Uranus ?

If I was being abusive I'd say you were talking out of it - but I'm definitely not saying that.
This user liked this post: HiroshimaClaret

HiroshimaClaret

Post by HiroshimaClaret » Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:01 pm

Oops! You`ve got me there. Go on then, Wednesday at 11pm. I will have better things to do though tomorrow at this time, but no doubts I`l be checking in to see what`s going on in the world of Burnley.

HiroshimaClaret

Post by HiroshimaClaret » Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:04 pm

Tall Paul wrote:I can't see where anyone has been abusive on this thread.

Apart from towards Jeff Hendrick.
Referencing other threads - never stated this particular one. At most I`m criticising Hendrick`s recent performances. Abusing the chap himself would be way out of the ball park and not true. Hey ho!

TVC15

Post by TVC15 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:04 pm

Wednesday night / Thursday night / Friday night etc....I would not worry about it as pretty much the same thing will be going on in Burnley every night !

Tall Paul
Been Liked: 2564 times
Has Liked: 692 times

Post by Tall Paul » Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:13 pm

HiroshimaClaret wrote:Referencing other threads - never stated this particular one. At most I`m criticising Hendrick`s recent performances. Abusing the chap himself would be way out of the ball park and not true. Hey ho!
Why would you choose this thread to talk about people being abusive on other threads? Seems a bit odd.

expoultryboy
Been Liked: 341 times
Has Liked: 474 times

Post by expoultryboy » Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:15 pm

I don't post that often but I do go to most of the games home and away . I've watched Hendrick closely at a few matches , and off the ball he works well covering areas that stops the opposition moving forward quickly ( especially utd away first half ) . Now if you don't go to the game and watch the match by stream or on tv , you won't see this happening and form an opinion that he's doing nowt .
These 2 users liked this post: Guich ClaretTony

Guich
Been Liked: 472 times
Has Liked: 598 times

Post by Guich » Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:17 pm

expoultryboy wrote:I don't post that often but I do go to most of the games home and away . I've watched Hendrick closely at a few matches , and off the ball he works well covering areas that stops the opposition moving forward quickly ( especially utd away first half ) . Now if you don't go to the game and watch the match by stream or on tv , you won't see this happening and form an opinion that he's doing nowt .
Spot on

HiroshimaClaret

Post by HiroshimaClaret » Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:25 pm

expoultryboy wrote:I don't post that often but I do go to most of the games home and away . I've watched Hendrick closely at a few matches , and off the ball he works well covering areas that stops the opposition moving forward quickly ( especially utd away first half ) . Now if you don't go to the game and watch the match by stream or on tv , you won't see this happening and form an opinion that he's doing nowt .
I too thought he was excellent against Man Utd away for a good 40-40 minute spell and also for a period, I believe it was against Man City. Referencing your point regards my not being able to follow his every footstep and being a slave to the cameras, then you have a valid point. Several co-commentators though, who I presume are at the game (?????) have pointed out how little Hendrick is `in the game`, especially in recent away games.