Could football go the way of corner shops, local pubs high street insurance brokers ?

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
bfcjg
Been Liked: 5072 times
Has Liked: 6846 times

Could football go the way of corner shops, local pubs high street insurance brokers ?

Post by bfcjg » Fri Mar 02, 2018 10:33 pm

We all still eat drink and get insured etc but we do it from the comfort of our house. Food, buy it on line click of a button no need to go out in the cold just go every now again to the remaining small shop when you run out, Pub, lets face it apart from some fantastic locals and town centre pubs we drink at home for convenience and cheaper drinks, friends come round and you can open some great beers etc for a few quid; insurance, I used to always use my local broker but who does now ? I think the same will happen to football. Arsenal last night cold etc stay at home watch it on the tele, Burnley tomorrow a lot will think its to cold stay at home watch it on the tele. Where I sit some of the kids spend more time on their phone then looking at the game. American/Russian/Arab owners who now run British football really don't actually need stadiums full of fans who don't sing, the money they bring in is peanuts to most of the bigger clubs as sponsorship tv rights etc rules. Take City, stewarding costs etc staff costs etc for a game are quite high, sell a view on line get your mates round to your house who have also bought the on line view sing at home which goes onto the VT screen as well as your image, full stadium lots of noise no trouble stewards etc etc. There will still be people in the ground but the TV viewer in his/hers apartment in Taiwan will still see a crowd hear singing watch the likes of Aguero etc but the crowd will be computer generated in the main.
It is happening in films all the time why not football ?
paused for a while typing this as some snotty chap in America playing C O D on line blamed me for him getting shot.

Dyched
Been Liked: 1922 times
Has Liked: 446 times

Re: Could football go the way of corner shops, local pubs high street insurance brokers ?

Post by Dyched » Fri Mar 02, 2018 10:49 pm

Tbh I havent a clue what you're on about. All I know is, if Trump reads the last few sentences he’ll want all football fans to carry guns.
This user liked this post: tim_noone

cricketfieldclarets
Been Liked: 8585 times
Has Liked: 11285 times

Re: Could football go the way of corner shops, local pubs high street insurance brokers ?

Post by cricketfieldclarets » Fri Mar 02, 2018 10:49 pm

The crowd is and needs to be a huge part of it. Even watching on TV if theres no atmosphere I lose interest.

Bordeaux
Been Liked: 16 times

Post by Bordeaux » Fri Mar 02, 2018 10:57 pm

Umwelt

bfcjg
Been Liked: 5072 times
Has Liked: 6846 times

Post by bfcjg » Fri Mar 02, 2018 11:00 pm

Dyched wrote:Tbh I havent a clue what you're on about. All I know is, if Trump reads the last few sentences he’ll want all football fans to carry guns.
Stop drinking then. It is quite simple, will football stadiums become obsolete as more fans choose to watch at home with perhaps a virtual reality screen/head set.