Well done Jeremy Hunt with NHS pay.

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Inchy
Been Liked: 1333 times
Has Liked: 95 times

Re: Well done Jeremy Hunt with NHS pay.

Post by Inchy » Sun Sep 30, 2018 3:46 pm

Ooogeorgeorgeoghani wrote:Many more will follow you too and quit, why work for peanuts under immense pressure with no thanks , an average pay rise would have been sufficient, but what nhs staff have had to accept is nothing short of disgusting, I'm not going down the politics route just the common sense route , these people work tirelessly day in day out to save lives of our loved ones and this is how they get repaid !

On my ward we work with 3 nurses everyday (2 at night). We are meant to work with 4 nurses on days but we never ever do. That means two nurses look after 30 patients between them and 1 nurse is in charge sorting out discharges, admissions, complaints, incident reports, social work referrals etc etc. It’s relentless. I have had patients who are end of life and just requiring TLC in their final hours, but I am unable to give them the care I want to give them because I have other patients who are unwell or drunk and causing bother. That’s what upsets me the most. When I go home and I know I have been unable to provide someone in the final hours of their life the peace and comfort I would want for my family. It does get to you. Patients are suffering more and more due to the way the health services has been managed. I started working In The NHS just before the tories got in and it’s has got worse and worse every year.

Last week I had a patient waiting for a gall bladder removal. For 4 days in a row her operation got cancelled and I had to apologise to her. For 4 days she fasted from midnight til 4pm when it was clear the operation wasn’t going ahead. All this whist she was in considerable pain. Fortunately she was understanding but as the person delivering the bad news it’s no wonder nurses are being confronted with aggression and physical violence.

More people are dying in pain, more people are being injured in hospital and more people are dying because of this governments policy. The joke is it doesn’t need to be like this. The Tories could properly fund the NHS. It would gain them many votes. But they choose not to for from what I can tell satanic reasons
These 3 users liked this post: TVC15 quoonbeatz RoystonVasey

dsr
Been Liked: 4569 times
Has Liked: 2259 times

Post by dsr » Sun Sep 30, 2018 11:49 pm

Inchy wrote:I have never said I believe or “feel” that nurses have never had an above inflation pay rise. I said we haven’t since the tories got in. Which we haven’t.

Out of interest I wonder if a Tory government have ever given nurses an above inflation pay rise
Sorry, it was chorltoncharlie said that, not you. My apologies.

HatfieldClaret
Been Liked: 605 times
Has Liked: 346 times

Post by HatfieldClaret » Mon Oct 01, 2018 1:44 pm

Ooogeorgeorgeoghani wrote:Many more will follow you too and quit, why work for peanuts under immense pressure with no thanks , an average pay rise would have been sufficient, but what nhs staff have had to accept is nothing short of disgusting, I'm not going down the politics route just the common sense route , these people work tirelessly day in day out to save lives of our loved ones and this is how they get repaid !
I'm not leaving for the money. My money's good. I'm leaving because the management are just taking us round and round in circles and i'm fed up with constantly seeing the nasty side of people who think they can bully their way to getting preferential treatment.

It's not just a funding problem in the NHS, it's a spending problem too.

ps. only 3 weeks to go :D

bfcmik
Been Liked: 891 times
Has Liked: 1100 times

Post by bfcmik » Mon Oct 01, 2018 8:00 pm

Inchy wrote:I have never said I believe or “feel” that nurses have never had an above inflation pay rise. I said we haven’t since the tories got in. Which we haven’t.

Out of interest I wonder if a Tory government have ever given nurses an above inflation pay rise
Yes - we had the clinical grading review of the late 1980s. I was a Community Charge Nurse, working in Learning Disability services, in Cornwall and was made a G grade and my pay doubled. I had just accepted a job in Banbury, as living in Cornwall with my really crap wages was very hard for my (now) ex, a couple of weeks before the rise was announced. Wouldn't have moved if I had known it was going to happen.

bfcmik
Been Liked: 891 times
Has Liked: 1100 times

Post by bfcmik » Mon Oct 01, 2018 8:02 pm

Oooooh look, Mr Hunt back to his usual self: https://www.independent.co.uk/news/heal ... 62491.html