Padiham Yesterday

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
ŽižkovClaret
Been Liked: 2175 times
Has Liked: 3110 times

Re: Padiham Yesterday

Post by ŽižkovClaret » Mon Mar 26, 2018 8:55 pm

gandhisflipflop wrote:Cricket club/football club and on to the hare is always a decent afternoon/evening. Gardeners isnt too bad either, kings has no nonsense owners again and starkies is having a massove refurb (although it will take some convincing to go back in there). That coupled with a few decent restaurants (cellar/fat giraffe/ mamma mias and sorranos) make it a decent town to live in in my opinion. I certainly prefer it to Burnley anyway.
There is the makings of a tempting civilised pub crawl there, and it's been a while since i thought that about Padiham

PutTheWheelieBinsOut
Been Liked: 194 times
Has Liked: 16 times

Post by PutTheWheelieBinsOut » Mon Mar 26, 2018 10:53 pm

Dressinggown wrote:
Most local businesses went under with the opening of Tesco.

Those who didn't went under with the floods.
I think you're living in an alternative universe. Which local businesses went under with the opening of Tesco? Which went under with the floods?

It's a fact that there are more business's in Padiham after the Tesco store opened than there was before Tesco. But maybe i'm incorrect and you can give me a long list of the business's that have closed because of Tesco and/or the floods. I say a long list because you did say 'most'. :roll:

lesxdp
Been Liked: 112 times
Has Liked: 1662 times

Post by lesxdp » Mon Mar 26, 2018 11:53 pm

UpTheBeehole wrote:It's a pity the increase in cheap home drinking and the smoking ban don't ever come up in conversation when people discuss why lots of pubs closed in Nelson.
There are other reasons in Nelson

Dressinggown
Been Liked: 553 times
Has Liked: 79 times

Post by Dressinggown » Tue Mar 27, 2018 12:21 am

Hopey wrote:Must be nearly cricket season - Dressinggowns got his camera out again

I got a pint glass the other day with a supposed, frosted. image of the latest cricket ball tampering saga. Well done to the brewery involved although the image is from a test match around a decade or so ago.

Are the wickets too big or are they portraying that diminutive wicket keeper / batsman / little gobshite b*stard / Adam Gilchrist ?
This user liked this post: Hopey

Garnerssoap
Been Liked: 392 times
Has Liked: 514 times

Post by Garnerssoap » Tue Mar 27, 2018 9:34 am

Just a cloudy pint.

UpTheBeehole
Been Liked: 1157 times
Has Liked: 496 times

Post by UpTheBeehole » Tue Mar 27, 2018 10:16 am

lesxdp wrote:There are other reasons in Nelson
Strange that these reasons only exist in Nelson, and not Padiham where dozens of pubs have closed, Burnley where 100+ have closed, and nationally where 10,500 have closed since 2000

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-43492043