Europa League Thread

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
KeighleyClaret
Been Liked: 340 times
Has Liked: 86 times

Europa League Thread

Post by KeighleyClaret » Sun Apr 15, 2018 10:06 am

Consider this:
Arsenal win the Europa League.
Chelsea win the cup.
5 CL places go to top 4 + Arsenal, and Arsenal vacate their Europa league slot in 6th.
1st Europa place goes to Chelsea for winning the cup so their place for finishing 5th drops down to the next team in the league - i.e. 7th place.
7th place then becomes the first qualifying league position place - effectively becoming 5th place. As I understand it we the 7th placed team becomes the 5th placed team and goes straight through to the group stages.

Is so its Come on Arsenal and Come on Chelsea!!
This user liked this post: Bfcboyo

Zom Zom
Been Liked: 688 times
Has Liked: 917 times

Re: Which Round might we start Europa? Interesting scenario.

Post by Zom Zom » Sun Apr 15, 2018 10:08 am

I don't know the way it all works out, but I did read that we would enter at the 2nd Qualifying Round.

Bfcboyo
Been Liked: 441 times
Has Liked: 355 times

Post by Bfcboyo » Sun Apr 15, 2018 10:09 am

KeighleyClaret wrote:Consider this:
Chelsea win the cup.
5 CL places go to top 4 + Arsenal, and Arsenal vacate their Europa league slot in 6th.
1st Europa place goes to Chelsea for winning the cup so their place for finishing 5th drops down to the next team in the league - i.e. 7th place.
7th place then becomes the first qualifying league position place - effectively becoming 5th place. As I understand it we the 7th placed team becomes the 5th placed team and goes straight through to the group stages.

Does this qualify Leicester.
If so we will do it the hard way with some nice summer trips.

Claretforever
Been Liked: 1035 times
Has Liked: 507 times

Post by Claretforever » Sun Apr 15, 2018 10:12 am

KeighleyClaret wrote:Consider this:
Chelsea win the cup.

I think 5th and 6th go into the group stages, but 7th place (the League Cup position) still remains as a starter in the 2nd qualifying round beginning 26th July.

Our players probably have to be back in training a week or two earlier.

KeighleyClaret

Post by KeighleyClaret » Sun Apr 15, 2018 10:20 am

Bfcboyo wrote:Does this qualify Leicester.
If so we will do it the hard way with some nice summer trips.
No because in that scenario the Europa League position that Arsenal would have taken is lost, so only one place left.

Firthy
Been Liked: 1607 times
Has Liked: 275 times

Post by Firthy » Sun Apr 15, 2018 10:24 am

Totally confused by it all. Do we need Arsenal to win the Europa cup as well as one from Arsenal, Chelsea, Spurs to win the FA cup or do we qualify for Europe as long as Southampton don't win the FA Cup?

Devils_Advocate
Been Liked: 5202 times
Has Liked: 920 times

Post by Devils_Advocate » Sun Apr 15, 2018 10:27 am

Dont think you have it right. I think the 3 teams are given English seeding.rating 1 ,2 & 3.

Seed 1 (5th place) goes into Group Stage
Seed 2 (FA Cup Winner) goes in to 3rd Q round
Seed 3 ( League Cup Winner) goes into 2nd Q round

If Chelsea comes 5th then whether they win the cup or not they will get the seed 1 for 5th and go in to group stages
If Southampton do not win the FA Cup then 6th Place (currently Arsenal) will go in 3rd round
As City won the league cup then 7th place goes into 2nd Q round (looking like us)

Now if Arsenal win the Europa League they go into Champions league. England therefore only get two Europa League places with Chelsea still getting Seed 1 but we will bump up to seed 2 and go into 3rd round. Our seed 3 place will be distributed lower down the European food chain. This happened last year with Man Utd being the winners and going in the Champions League resulting in Everton going straight into 3rd round and no English club starting in 2nd round

If we can come 6th or Arsenal win the Europa league we will go into 3rd Q round otherwise its 2nd round as long as Southampton dont win the cup. Only way i believe we could go straight into group stages is to come 5th

Dyched
Been Liked: 1921 times
Has Liked: 446 times

Post by Dyched » Sun Apr 15, 2018 10:28 am

What if it finishes

City
United
Liverpool
Spurs
Burnley
Chelsea
Arsenal

Liverpool win the UCL
Arsenal win jack ****

Champs League???

Imploding Turtle
Been Liked: 5483 times
Has Liked: 2540 times

Post by Imploding Turtle » Sun Apr 15, 2018 10:28 am

Firthy wrote:Totally confused by it all. Do we need Arsenal to win the Europa cup as well as one from Arsenal, Chelsea, Spurs to win the FA cup or do we qualify for Europe as long as Southampton don't win the FA Cup?

To qualify we have to finish 7th and anyone other than Southampton to win the Cup.

If we finish 7th and Southampton win the cup i'll laugh my tits off. I'll be gutted, bit it'd also be hilarious.
Last edited by Imploding Turtle on Sun Apr 15, 2018 10:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

KeighleyClaret

Post by KeighleyClaret » Sun Apr 15, 2018 10:28 am

Claretforever wrote:I think 5th and 6th go into the group stages, but 7th place (the League Cup position) still remains as a starter in the 2nd qualifying round beginning 26th July.

Our players probably have to be back in training a week or two earlier.
The rules indicate that the 5th placed team in the League goes straight into the Group stages. Where 5th and 6th qualify by other means then the 7th place moves up.

The FA Cup place takes precedence in qualification over the League position place, and the CL place takes precedence over Europa League - hence finishing 7th means you get the 5th place qualification slot if Chelsea qualify for EL as FA Cup winners and Arsenal for CL as Europe League winners.

Unless someone reads the rules differently I'm pretty sure this is correct. In which case the previous exhortations still apply.

KeighleyClaret

Post by KeighleyClaret » Sun Apr 15, 2018 10:30 am

Devils_Advocate wrote:Dont think you have it right. I think the 3 teams are given English seeding.rating 1 ,2 & 3.

Seed 1 (5th place) goes into Group Stage
Seed 2 (FA Cup Winner) goes in to 3rd Q round
Seed 3 ( League Cup Winner) goes into 2nd Q round

If Chelsea comes 5th then whether they win the cup or not they will get the seed 1 for 5th and go in to group stages
If Southampton do not win the FA Cup then 6th Place (currently Arsenal) will go in 3rd round
As City won the league cup then 7th place goes into 2nd Q round (looking like us)

Now if Arsenal win the Europa League they go into Champions league. England therefore only get two Europa League places with Chelsea still getting Seed 1 but we will bump up to seed 2 and go into 3rd round. Our seed 3 place will be distributed lower down the European food chain. This happened last year with Man Utd being the winners and going in the Champions League resulting in Everton going straight into 3rd round and no English club starting in 2nd round

If we can come 6th or Arsenal win the Europa league we will go into 3rd Q round otherwise its 2nd round as long as Southampton dont win the cup. Only way i believe we could go straight into group stages is to come 5th
As I read it they have sorted it so the Cup winning slots take precedence over League position. Hence Chelsea would qualify for winning FA Cup and the slot would move up. If Arsenal vacate their slot as well then we get the 5th placed slot.

The direct entry to the Group stages is:
12 domestic cup winners from associations 1–12
1 domestic league fourth-placed team from association 4 (Italy)
3 domestic league fifth-placed teams from associations 1–3
We are Association 3.
Hence the FA Cup winners and the 5th placed team both go into the Group stage. If Chelsea are 5th then their place moves up as before. If Arsenal win EL then we get the 5th placed slot.
Last edited by KeighleyClaret on Sun Apr 15, 2018 10:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

KeighleyClaret

Post by KeighleyClaret » Sun Apr 15, 2018 10:31 am

Imploding Turtle wrote:To qualify we have to finish 7th and anyone other than Southampton to win the Cup.

If we finish 7th and Southampton win the cup i'll laugh my tits off. I'll be gutted, bit it'd also be hilarious.
It would be absolutely crap.

Devils_Advocate

Post by Devils_Advocate » Sun Apr 15, 2018 10:32 am

KeighleyClaret wrote:The rules indicate that the 5th placed team in the League goes straight into the Group stages. Where 5th and 6th qualify by other means then the 7th place moves up.

The FA Cup place takes precedence in qualification over the League position place, and the CL place takes precedence over Europa League - hence finishing 7th means you get the 5th place qualification slot if Chelsea qualify for EL as FA Cup winners and Arsenal for CL as Europe League winners.

Unless someone reads the rules differently I'm pretty sure this is correct. In which case the previous exhortations still apply.
If Chelsea come 5th and win the FA Cup they will definitely get the top seeding and go into the Group stages whichever of the two takes precedent. it would be completely illogical for Chelsea to achieve both and for us to leap frog them from 7th

KeighleyClaret

Post by KeighleyClaret » Sun Apr 15, 2018 10:37 am

Devils_Advocate wrote:If Chelsea come 5th and win the FA Cup they will definitely get the top seeding and go into the Group stages whichever of the two takes precedent. it would be completely illogical for Chelsea to achieve both and for us to leap frog them from 7th
We would both got straight into the group stages. No leapfrog.

They go in as one of the 12 domestic cup winners from associations 1–12
We would go in as one of the 3 domestic league fifth-placed teams from associations 1–3

CrosspoolClarets
Been Liked: 1623 times
Has Liked: 397 times

Post by CrosspoolClarets » Sun Apr 15, 2018 10:42 am

The Premier League website which somebody helpfully pasted into the other thread indicates that we have two group stage entries and one third qualifying round entry. Thus if we finish sixth, OR if Arsenal win the Europa League and vacate their place, we enter the group stages, otherwise we enter the third qualifying round in mid August with the play off round to follow, matches on four successive Thursdays if we win.

I suspect our recent joy in this competition has meant English sides now enter at a later stage than before, so no July games.

Devils_Advocate

Post by Devils_Advocate » Sun Apr 15, 2018 10:43 am

KeighleyClaret wrote:We would both got straight into the group stages. No leapfrog.

They go in as one of the 12 domestic cup winners from associations 1–12
We would go in as one of the 3 domestic league fifth-placed teams from associations 1–3
Interesting as thats different to what i had read but as you have written it then both our 5th place and FA Cup winner would go into the group stages which could well be correct and I might be wrong.

If that is the case then under your scenario the question would be do you have to physically come 5th or if 5th wins the cup or can you get bumped up to it by being the next best placed League team. Not sure whether that gets explained anywhere, probably not

expoultryboy
Been Liked: 334 times
Has Liked: 453 times

Post by expoultryboy » Sun Apr 15, 2018 10:46 am

What if we finish above arsenal and 1. Arsenal win the Europa 2. Liverpool win the champions league 3 . Southampton don't win the cup - wouldn't we qualify for the champions league ?

Devils_Advocate

Post by Devils_Advocate » Sun Apr 15, 2018 10:47 am

CrosspoolClarets wrote:The Premier League website which somebody helpfully pasted into the other thread indicates that we have two group stage entries and one third qualifying round entry. Thus if we finish sixth, OR if Arsenal win the Europa League and vacate their place, we enter the group stages, otherwise we enter the third qualifying round in mid August with the play off round to follow, matches on four successive Thursdays if we win.

I suspect our recent joy in this competition has meant English sides now enter at a later stage than before, so no July games.
Just checked again and FA Cup winners and 5th place go into Group stages but league cup winners go into 2nd Qualifying round not the 3rd. As it stands we would go into 2nd round but looks to me if Arsenal win Europa league we jump to group stages. Only questionable thing is whether UEFA have some different rules around how they treat English clubs lower down league who replace Cup winners who have already qualified for Europe

Devils_Advocate

Post by Devils_Advocate » Sun Apr 15, 2018 10:49 am

Just to clarify im using Wiki for my info so may not be 100% correct compared to Premier League website

piston broke
Been Liked: 1447 times
Has Liked: 1229 times

Post by piston broke » Sun Apr 15, 2018 10:50 am

Does this mean we won't be coming to Ireland for pre-season?
We've had two fabulous seasons after coming over here.

Claretmatt4
Been Liked: 1049 times
Has Liked: 723 times

Post by Claretmatt4 » Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:16 am

We can't qualify for the champions league unless we finish 4th. Liverpool winning it doesn't open up a 5th spot (unless they finish outside the top four, in which case the fifth spot goes to them)

jrgbfc
Been Liked: 2098 times
Has Liked: 336 times

Post by jrgbfc » Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:33 am

They've changed all the rules for this season to favour the big leagues, i.e Premier, Bundesliga, La liga and Serie A. England has two teams go straight into the group stage, either 5th and 6th, or 5th and 7th if Arsenal won the Europa, obviously assuming Southampton don't win the cup!

TVC15
Been Liked: 3321 times
Has Liked: 601 times

Post by TVC15 » Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:39 am

Well this thread has cleared it up all nicely

So when do we play Real Madrid ?
This user liked this post: Bones

KeighleyClaret

Post by KeighleyClaret » Sun Apr 15, 2018 12:03 pm

So are we cheering on Chelsea and Arsenal now?

ClaretGent
Been Liked: 84 times
Has Liked: 108 times

Post by ClaretGent » Sun Apr 15, 2018 12:45 pm

I've added my latest thoughts on this on the previous thread here (Post 130):
http://www.uptheclarets.com/messageboar ... &start=100

dsr
Been Liked: 4549 times
Has Liked: 2241 times

Post by dsr » Sun Apr 15, 2018 1:44 pm

If Southampton DO NOT win the FA Cup
All of the top seven in the league will qualify for Europe. Top four Champions League, next three Europa. There will be three seeds for the Europa Cup, call them A B and C in order of priority. If the cup winners are not in the top 4 (ie. Chelsea), then the Cup winners will be seed A and the other two qualifiers will be B and C, in league position order. If the cup winners are in the top 4, then 5th will be A, 6th will be B, 7th will be C. A and B get direct into the Europa group stage, C is in the 2nd Qualifying Round (three rounds to qualify).

But - if Arsenal win the Europa Cup and finish 5th-6th-or-7th, England will have five teams in the Champions league and only two qualifiers for league places, being the remaining two teams from 5th-6th-7th. Both will get direct qualifying to the group stages.

if Southampton DO win the FA Cup
They get qualifying position A for the Europa Cup, position B goes to 5th place, position C goes to 6th place. As before, A and B get direct access to the groups, C has to qualify from qualifying round 2.

In this case, if Arsenal win the Europa Cup and finish 5th-6th-7th, England has 5 Champions league places and the Europa places go to Southampton and to the league's 5th place club (or 6th, if Arsenal are 5th). Both Europa qualifiers would be direct into the group stages.

Note - all of this assumes that Arsenal finish in the top 7. If they drop to 8th, it's different again.
Note 2 - all of this assumes I've understood the rules correctly. As if!

So in the Europa Cup, Come On Arsenal. I think. And in the FA Cup, boo to Southampton. That one, I'm confident about. :D

:?

criminalclaret
Been Liked: 166 times
Has Liked: 71 times

Post by criminalclaret » Sun Apr 15, 2018 2:02 pm

Nearly right.

Everton came in at the 3rd qualifying stage and DID play a qualifying game vs Ružomberok (Slovakia) on 27th July and 3rg August. This put them into the group stage.
jrgbfc wrote:They've changed all the rules for this season to favour the big leagues, i.e Premier, Bundesliga, La liga and Serie A. England has two teams go straight into the group stage, either 5th and 6th, or 5th and 7th if Arsenal won the Europa, obviously assuming Southampton don't win the cup!
I have been searching for these new rules and I can't seem to post it. Do you have a link?

If there hasn't been any change in the rules this year so should anyone but Southampton win the FA Cup. As City have already vacated their slot from winning the League Cup and the FA Cup winners will already be in the CL or EL anyway, this is exactly the same scenario last year when Arsenal won the FA Cup and Utd won the EL and League Cup.

Even if arsenal win the EL or not, we will still be playing a qualifying game.

jrgbfc

Post by jrgbfc » Sun Apr 15, 2018 2:38 pm

criminalclaret wrote:Nearly right.

Everton came in at the 3rd qualifying stage and DID play a qualifying game vs Ružomberok (Slovakia) on 27th July and 3rg August. This put them into the group stage.

I have been searching for these new rules and I can't seem to post it. Do you have a link?

If there hasn't been any change in the rules this year so should anyone but Southampton win the FA Cup. As City have already vacated their slot from winning the League Cup and the FA Cup winners will already be in the CL or EL anyway, this is exactly the same scenario last year when Arsenal won the FA Cup and Utd won the EL and League Cup.

I don't know how to post the link on here, technology isn't my strong point! I saw it on the Uefa website, if you Google "Uefa competition changes 2018/19" it should bring the article up.

Goody1975
Been Liked: 979 times
Has Liked: 264 times

Post by Goody1975 » Sun Apr 15, 2018 3:05 pm

http://www.uefa.com/uefachampionsleague ... 99801.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

This link?

jrgbfc

Post by jrgbfc » Sun Apr 15, 2018 3:08 pm

That's the one!

Goody1975

Post by Goody1975 » Sun Apr 15, 2018 3:13 pm

So from that:-

CW and N5 go into group stage of Europa League

N6 goes into qualifying round 2

Obviously filtering down depending on who wins the cup.

Goody1975

Post by Goody1975 » Sun Apr 15, 2018 3:18 pm

Everyone also knows the transfer window has been altered for Premier League clubs this summer?

It closes on Thursday 9th August, this may be an issue as going in the qualifying round will mean we are signing players not knowing if we have a European campaign or not.

KeighleyClaret

Post by KeighleyClaret » Sun Apr 15, 2018 3:22 pm

It’s crucial that Chelsea win the cup and finish outside the top 4, and Arsenal get into the CL. In that case we are deemed to be 5th. It doesn’t work if anyone else wins the cup as we then drop to 6th and into the qualifying round.

IanMcL
Been Liked: 6340 times
Has Liked: 8654 times

Post by IanMcL » Sun Apr 15, 2018 3:31 pm

;) I think we should just get into the Champions League and stop messing about!

Dy1geo
Been Liked: 211 times
Has Liked: 62 times

Post by Dy1geo » Sun Apr 15, 2018 3:34 pm

criminalclaret wrote:Nearly right.

Everton also had to play Split in the play off to get into the Group Stage

FCBurnley
Been Liked: 1967 times
Has Liked: 1132 times

Post by FCBurnley » Sun Apr 15, 2018 3:36 pm

Imploding Turtle wrote:To qualify we have to finish 7th and anyone other than Southampton to win the Cup.

At last the truth is out ( as many have suspected for a long time) IT is not a Claret. NO Burnley supporter could possibly find it hilarious if Burnley were denied a place in The Europa League due to a Southampton Cup win. Jock Ass

Devils_Advocate

Post by Devils_Advocate » Sun Apr 15, 2018 3:37 pm

KeighleyClaret wrote:It’s crucial that Chelsea win the cup and finish outside the top 4, and Arsenal get into the CL. In that case we are deemed to be 5th. It doesn’t work if anyone else wins the cup as we then drop to 6th and into the qualifying round.
Are you sure? 5th and FA Cup Winner (or 6th) go into Group phases so surely if Chelsea come 5th, Man Utd win the FA Cup and we come 6th or Arsenal win the Europa Cup we are deemed to be FA Cup winners and therefore still get straight into the groups?

dsr

Post by dsr » Sun Apr 15, 2018 3:41 pm

KeighleyClaret wrote:It’s crucial that Chelsea win the cup and finish outside the top 4, and Arsenal get into the CL. In that case we are deemed to be 5th. It doesn’t work if anyone else wins the cup as we then drop to 6th and into the qualifying round.
The only English club playing in the qualifying rounds of the Europa Cup next year will be the third qualifying club for that competition. If Arsenal win the Europa Cup this year, then England will have only two clubs qualifying for the Europa Cup next year, and both will be exempt to the group stage.

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Sun Apr 15, 2018 4:39 pm

FCBurnley wrote:At last the truth is out ( as many have suspected for a long time) IT is not a Claret. NO Burnley supporter could possibly find it hilarious if Burnley were denied a place in The Europa League due to a Southampton Cup win. Jock Ass
And the closer you live to Turfmoor the more you love the club.

It's kinda funny, and indicitave of a reactionary moron, that you focus on the very last sentence i said and completely ignore the second to last. This would explain why you like Trump so much. He only listens to the last thing he's told too.

Edit: You're even using his "many people" thing. :lol:

FCBurnley
Been Liked: 1967 times
Has Liked: 1132 times

Post by FCBurnley » Sun Apr 15, 2018 5:05 pm

Imploding Turtle wrote:And the closer you live to Turfmoor the more you love the club.

It's kinda funny, and indicitave of a reactionary moron, that you focus on the very last sentence i said and completely ignore the second to last. This would explain why you like Trump so much. He only listens to the last thing he's told too.

Edit: You're even using his "many people" thing. :lol:
The second to last was simply covering your back. You cannot be gutted and find something hilarious at the same time. What an utter jerk You have been well and truly hoisted by your own petard.
Last edited by FCBurnley on Sun Apr 15, 2018 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CrosspoolClarets
Been Liked: 1623 times
Has Liked: 397 times

Post by CrosspoolClarets » Sun Apr 15, 2018 5:56 pm

So I was wrong earlier and the 3rd QR that Everton entered in has become the 2nd QR and is thus going to bugger up our pre season unless we either overtake Arsenal or they win the Europa this year. The PDF link makes it very clear (and also makes it easy to see the number of football backwaters we could go to :D ).

At least it is in our hands now, win the next 5 and finish 6th.

https://www.uefa.com/MultimediaFiles/Do ... WNLOAD.pdf

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Sun Apr 15, 2018 6:42 pm

FCBurnley wrote:The second to last was simply covering your back. You cannot be gutted and find something hilarious at the same time. What an utter jerk You have been well and truly hoisted by your own petard.

Of course you can be gutted while finding something hilarious. It just requires you to look at something from more than one perspective. That's something people like you will never be able to do.

dsr

Post by dsr » Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:36 pm

Absolutely, Turtle. Most of us can't imagine any situation where we'd laughing like drains at something that had made us extremely sad; but I'm sure you could do it. A similar situation might be when you've written off your car and then find out you forgot to insure it - the comedy would be irresistable. :lol:
This user liked this post: FCBurnley

steve1264b
Been Liked: 160 times

Post by steve1264b » Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:52 am

Redistribution rules[edit]

A Europa League place is vacated when a team qualifies for both the Champions League and the Europa League, or qualifies for the Europa League by more than one method. When a place is vacated, it is redistributed within the national association by the following rules:

When the domestic cup winners (considered as the "highest-placed" qualifier within the national association with the latest starting round) also qualify for the Champions League, their Europa League place is vacated. As a result, the highest-placed team in the league which have not yet qualified for European competitions qualify for the Europa League, with the Europa League qualifiers which finish above them in the league moved up one "place".
When the domestic cup winners also qualify for the Europa League through league position, their place through the league position is vacated. As a result, the highest-placed team in the league which have not yet qualified for European competitions qualify for the Europa League, with the Europa League qualifiers which finish above them in the league moved up one "place" if possible.
For associations where a Europa League place is reserved for either the League Cup or end-of-season European competition play-offs winners, they always qualify for the Europa League as the "lowest-placed" qualifier. If the League Cup winners have already qualified for European competitions through other methods, this reserved Europa League place is taken by the highest-placed team in the league which have not yet qualified for European competitions.

steve1264b
Been Liked: 160 times

Post by steve1264b » Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:05 am

There is no english team in the third qualifying round so its either the second qualifying round (first game 26 July draw on 19 June) or group stages (first game 20 Sept).

However we wont have much notice as the first qualifying round concludes the week before on 19 July unless we are unlucky and draw one of the 20 champions league teams which enter at this stage whose games are completed 17/18 July.

UpTheBeehole
Been Liked: 1157 times
Has Liked: 496 times

Post by UpTheBeehole » Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:30 am

dsr wrote:The only English club playing in the qualifying rounds of the Europa Cup next year will be the third qualifying club for that competition. If Arsenal win the Europa Cup this year, then England will have only two clubs qualifying for the Europa Cup next year, and both will be exempt to the group stage.
There's no such thing as the Europa Cup.

Tall Paul
Been Liked: 2560 times
Has Liked: 690 times

Post by Tall Paul » Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:51 am

UpTheBeehole wrote:There's no such thing as the Europa Cup.
Yes there is

ClaretTony
Been Liked: 32241 times
Has Liked: 5255 times

Post by ClaretTony » Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:53 am

Tall Paul wrote:Yes there is
Let's go and play in that as well :D

UpTheBeehole
Been Liked: 1157 times
Has Liked: 496 times

Post by UpTheBeehole » Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:54 am

Tall Paul wrote:Yes there is
Bizarre that dsr keeps talking about an obscure youth tournament.

Spijed
Been Liked: 2892 times
Has Liked: 1294 times

38 game v 46 game season (Europa league)

Post by Spijed » Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:39 am

One thing I can't understand with some supporters worrying about the extra games we'll have to play if we qualify for the Europa League is that when a team gets relegated from the Prem they automatically have to play an extra 8 matches during the season.

Why not treat it like a Championship season with the extra games. Surely the players can manage that.