Leicester fans

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
k90bfc
Been Liked: 114 times
Has Liked: 5518 times

Re: Leicester fans

Post by k90bfc » Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:22 pm

Foxy Tom,list along the Wolves fans,coming up,so similar,unreal,their chips are well and truly,back on there shoulders,they will soon be looking down on us,as cannon fodder,just be aware of the new and mighty Burnley,just talking by experience,from them over many years.UTC.

Culmclaret
Been Liked: 472 times
Has Liked: 52 times

Post by Culmclaret » Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:34 pm

You always know when you see the phrase 'absolutely battered' that you are in the presence of a bitter loser who doesn't really understand football

mickleoverclaret
Been Liked: 397 times
Has Liked: 429 times

Post by mickleoverclaret » Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:43 pm

Another excellent contribution from Foxy Tom. Very odd that the moderators keep him around, to be honest.

ClaretEngineer
Been Liked: 690 times
Has Liked: 406 times

Post by ClaretEngineer » Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:48 pm

NL Claret wrote:Spent 4 years in Leicester in the 90s and confirm it is a sh!thole.

The chip shops don't sell gravy but sell donner meat and anything they can pickle and try asking for a chip barm. It's a cob apparently and they call you duck or me ducky. Their bitter, Everards, tastes like p!ss.

I could go on..............
I’m currently an inmate in Leicestershire. You find this sort of attitude displayed Foxy Tom is reserved for inner City types.

I raise you Braunstone, Beaumont Leys, St Matthews. Grim.

Oh and what actually matters.

Two - One to the Burn-e-ly.

SammyBoy
Been Liked: 469 times
Has Liked: 434 times

Post by SammyBoy » Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:51 pm

I lived in Highfields when I was in Leicester, deprivation at it's worst.

Rileybobs
Been Liked: 6947 times
Has Liked: 1477 times

Post by Rileybobs » Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:36 pm

k90bfc wrote:Foxy Tom,list along the Wolves fans,coming up,so similar,unreal,their chips are well and truly,back on there shoulders,they will soon be looking down on us,as cannon fodder,just be aware of the new and mighty Burnley,just talking by experience,from them over many years.UTC.
Nice poem. I prefer ones that rhyme though.
This user liked this post: tim_noone

superdimitri
Been Liked: 1007 times
Has Liked: 725 times

Post by superdimitri » Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:58 pm

Oh the irony in an opposing fan mentioning we haven't won anything in 50 years when it wasn't until a lucky season that his team won nothing at all!

I guess that's what happens when you spend years and years being goaded about the only decent team in Leicester being the tigers and being outclassed by every single football team for honours in the Midlands.

I think next year they will be in big trouble.

Stockbrokerbelt
Been Liked: 228 times
Has Liked: 137 times

Post by Stockbrokerbelt » Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:14 am

He reminds me of a foxes fan that was caught shoving a carrot up his bum on a lake night fishing, still laugh at that as I know the bailiff that caught him, the guy said it was a mistake? How is that a mistake?

Culmclaret

Post by Culmclaret » Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:22 am

Maybe he was told you had to use the carrot as a suppository to improve night vision?
These 2 users liked this post: piston broke bob-the-scutter

Lancasterclaret
Been Liked: 8058 times
Has Liked: 4714 times

Post by Lancasterclaret » Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:24 am

Just what we need

More clubs full of Fans of a club that won a massive prize once and never stop going on about it, despite now being really shite.

Bordeauxclaret
Been Liked: 3337 times
Has Liked: 1954 times

Post by Bordeauxclaret » Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:40 am

Foxy_Tom99 wrote:Just for my little fan club i'll give you one final post following my visit to Burnley to keep you happy

First of all apart from the disastrous first 10 mins we absolutely battered you, played some great flowing football (especially in contrast to your hoofball) and deserved to come away with all 3 pts. It didnt help up coming up against 12 men with that homer of a ref giving you every single decision for the first 60 mins including a dodgy corner that led to your second goal

That said fair play you defended well and scored more than us so earned your points and as a result secured 7th place ahead of us. That is no mean feat for a little club like yours who has done nothing for the last 50 years and who have such a little fanbase where you can barely muster 20k fans when you are having your best days for a few generations. Enjoy your season in Europe cos you'll be sliding down the league and into the lower divisions very soon.

As for Burnley itself what a backward town and it is nearly as ugly as the football (or lack of it)your team plays. Thank god im not from a dump like that although in fairness I did meet and talk to a lot of nice reasonable people who are nothing like the numpties on here. Your arrogant attitude seen on this forum really doesnt seem representative of the real Burnley folk I met.

The only thing you have that I would like is your manager Dyche and I could well see his next career move coming to Leicester. If he can get you lot in to Europe just imagine what he could do with a great club like ours.

So long hillbillies see you next season
He’s that angry fat man from the video isn’t he.
Still furious.

Moorite
Been Liked: 203 times
Has Liked: 108 times

Post by Moorite » Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:51 am

NL Claret wrote:How big is Harry Maguire?

Was he that big when he was at Hull or is he still growing / on the weights? He'd make a good ref / linesman, he passed on plenty of advice to them.

Morgan, never rated him, even when he was at Notts Forrest.
Speaking of Maguire. Nice of him to sign the kids programmes in the home end after the game.
This user liked this post: Colburn_Claret

Blackrod
Been Liked: 1348 times
Has Liked: 608 times

Post by Blackrod » Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:55 am

Foxy Tom has displayed that he clearly knows nothing about football. As for Leicester large parts are a sh*thole. It also suffers from serious immigration issues. People from that part of the world are renowned for being miserable.

Caernarfon_Claret
Been Liked: 1474 times
Has Liked: 634 times

Post by Caernarfon_Claret » Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:06 am

If you are going to describe Leicester as Great when they've won exactly the same number of major honours as Burnley then that's great because it means Burnley are a great club.

Our top 3 honours are 2 league titles and an FA cup win

Their best being one league title and 3 league cups.

They've won the Charity shield once to our twice (shared?)

Portsmouth must also be a Great club with two league titles two FA cup wins and a Charity Shield (shared)

And the eighteen teams that have a greater history than Leicester, Portsmouth and Burnley must be Behemoths.

The likes of Forest, Wolves and Sheffield Wednesday not to forget Blackburn Rovers.

ashtonlongsider
Been Liked: 494 times
Has Liked: 162 times

Post by ashtonlongsider » Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:08 am

Short memories a lot of Leicester fans have. I don't dislike many clubs but i make an exception with this East Midland club.

bob-the-scutter
Been Liked: 420 times
Has Liked: 995 times

Post by bob-the-scutter » Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:53 am

Rileybobs wrote:Nice poem. I prefer ones that rhyme though.
And preferably without the machine gun punctuation!

Culmclaret

Post by Culmclaret » Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:35 pm

A chance combination of a Thai billionaire and a freak collective loss of competence from the premier league oligarchs gave this lot their moment in the sun. Really enjoyed beating them on Saturday.

LeicDaz
Been Liked: 10 times

Post by LeicDaz » Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:29 pm

Let's have some honest perspectives on here.

There are bad and good places in Leicester and Burnley (come on grow up) As there are fans. Can't believe people still post stuff like that.

Regarding my club and a few comments especially us winning the league, we came up as Championship winners with a very good team, had the greatest escape and CR steered a fearless, hard working and talented squad to the title, despite what people have said, only losing 3 times and winning how we did was always going to give us the hope we could compete (not for the title again) but certainly a top 6 position, I think with a few more signings we're not far off.

We've spent some serious cash on some very good players, kept most of our decent players, so I don't think our expectations of beating teams (with all the due respect & I'll get to your team) like Burnley, that, that is delusions of grandeur..... we do play some very good technical football with some additions I truly think we'll be challenging regularly for top 6 spot.

You're on a good run and hats off to winning, we did play you off the park but in the end couldn't get past your excellent goalie.

I'm going to be up front and also say I've got a lot of respect for Burnley and the majority of their fans, I'll never forget the gracious applause you lot showed us when we beat you at Turf Moor to all but seal the Championship 13/14 when we left the ground in the coaches, loads of clarets stood and applauded our fans.

The size of your club and the players you've sold and the budget you've spent is astonishing, your position is well deserved. Sean Dyche should get manager of the season.

Anyway, enjoy Europa, this league needs clubs like Leicester and Burnley to stop the boring monopoly.
UTB
These 10 users liked this post: ten bellies IanMcL Sausage Zom Zom nil_desperandum Burnley_Mark Hozz JohnMac ClaretMoffitt Falcon

IanMcL
Been Liked: 6361 times
Has Liked: 8704 times

Post by IanMcL » Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:47 pm

Now that is a football fan with a football perspective.
Leicester did perform a miracle to win the league (with the aid of many vital pens). Burnley followed with a miracle of winning the Championship and now aiming for 6th, ahead of the financially privileged usuals.

I have no issues with Leicester. They have some excellent players. We have some excellent players with a superb manager and super team ethic.

On Saturday, we won with 2 good goals to their one good goal.

We are 7th going on 6th. They are 8th going on 9th, if they don't watch out.

I am a Claret and appreciate our ongoing miracle.

keith1879
Been Liked: 262 times
Has Liked: 366 times

Post by keith1879 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:28 pm

LeicDaz "We've spent some serious cash on some very good players, kept most of our decent players, so I don't think our expectations of beating teams (with all the due respect & I'll get to your team) like Burnley, that, that is delusions of grandeur..... we do play some very good technical football with some additions I truly think we'll be challenging regularly for top 6 spot."

The phrase "with all due respect" is a dead giveaway that the user is about to show no respect. The phrase "teams like Burnley" is where he shows no respect.

Braindead
Been Liked: 987 times
Has Liked: 1056 times

Post by Braindead » Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:41 pm

LeicDaz wrote:we do play some very good technical football with some additions I truly think we'll be challenging regularly for top 6 spot.
You don't and you won't.

Blackrod
Been Liked: 1348 times
Has Liked: 608 times

Post by Blackrod » Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:50 pm

'Played us off the park' lol

superdimitri
Been Liked: 1007 times
Has Liked: 725 times

Post by superdimitri » Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:56 pm

Leicester are a season ahead of us with finances but the gap will be closed quite a bit next season with the extra cash we have to spend compared to the the second season since winning the league for Leicester.

Before the game I saw our under 16s play against a Leicester team completely made of Thai players. That sums it up for me. You can get so far with foreign ownership but eventually the fact they don't know what's good for a football club will catch up with them.

Don't think that will happen to us. Leicester like many a premier league club have their values set in the wrong areas and it's only ever going to be a short term plan. When Mahrez and Maguire leave they will be hopeless, much the same as we would be losing our best players.

Yet we already lost our best players this season.

Rileybobs
Been Liked: 6947 times
Has Liked: 1477 times

Post by Rileybobs » Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:42 pm

Play us off the park? We played you off the park for 9 minutes and achieved more in that period than you did in the following 81. When you take a 2 goal lead with such ease in a game of such importance the momentum is only likely to go in one direction. Had the game had been 0-0 for more than 6 minutes I’m sure we’d have seen more of a balance of play.
These 5 users liked this post: jtv Colburn_Claret superdimitri Braindead PaintYorkClaretnBlue

Dressinggown
Been Liked: 553 times
Has Liked: 79 times

Post by Dressinggown » Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:52 pm

Vino blanco wrote:I was in the Jimmy Mac upper for the first time yesterday and the one thing I noticed was how the Burnley fans in the CFS drowned out the Leicester fans. I know they were two down after only ten minutes, but it was great to see and hear our fans in there.
I sit in the JMU and I always look towards our fellow supporters in the CFS as they tend to be rather exhuberant when we score. On Saturday they were approaching full tilt when the 2nd went in.

But nowt compared to when Ashley Barnes scored the last gasp winner against Crystal Palace the other season.

Senior Citizens poured over the Bob Lord Stand wall as a couple of thousand Clarets went bloody berserk in the CFS.

Our support has really played its part in where we are today.

LeicDaz

Post by LeicDaz » Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:58 am

Yes due respect the fact remains our squad compared to yours we "Should be beating you" the fact that what you've spent on players and what you've achieved is showing respect as I mentioned.

Your basing an u16's game on your opinion of the state of our club. Lol.....we have an in-house development to help football in Thailand. Have a look at our u 18's u23's or you could say our 2nd team.....we have 6 players on the fringe of the 1st team, All Local lads, we have the best owners, they invest, do not get involved in managing and player signings and are about to build a £80m training ground and extend the ground to 42,000.

And technically better absolutely, if you watched the game and have seen us this year, you know it's true.

Even your manager mentioned as much.

Belial
Been Liked: 381 times
Has Liked: 320 times

Post by Belial » Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:28 pm

"we did play you off the park but in the end couldn't get past your excellent goalie"

Played us off the park would infer that you played outstanding, and we were merely lucky. However, in reality, you did have a few chances that could have easily got 2/3 goals, however your football was pretty direct and certainly nothing amazing. We sat back and allowed you to come onto us after a 2 goal lead, and collectively as a team put in the effort to maintain the lead. Had we continued at the pace of the first 10minutes it would have been a different game, although we concentrated on defending well and went more long ball style (as you do regularly also), but at the end of the day we won, so we were the better team full stop.

Culmclaret

Post by Culmclaret » Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:21 pm

They created a few half chances. There isn’t much point crossing the ball for Mahrez to head in because he is rubbish at heading the ball, ditto Vardy, who appeared to duck out of one header, Pope’s low save in the second half was good, but one we would expect him to make. For the most part we defended pretty comfortably except when Vardy got beyond Tarkowski and Ward for the goal. I know supporters of other clubs don’t like it but defending is part of the game and we are very good at it. That’s why all season we have not conceded more than one goal in any game against a team outside the top five. We applied a lot of pressure on Leicester’s defence in the first 10 minutes and it cracked twice.

LeicDaz

Post by LeicDaz » Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:43 pm

Played you off the park infers that on the day we were the better side, "The better side lost", as it does on many occasions in the premier league.
I'd rather we'd played worse than you and won, but we're not the first or last for this to happen, at the end if the day if I'm being brutally honest our future is looking brighter, but like I said in my first post, hats off to your achievements and good luck in Europe.

RocketLawnChair
Been Liked: 1 time
Has Liked: 832 times

Post by RocketLawnChair » Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:55 pm

LeicDaz wrote:Played you off the park infers that on the day we were the better side, "The better side lost", as it does on many occasions in the premier league.
I'd rather we'd played worse than you and won, but we're not the first or last for this to happen, at the end if the day if I'm being brutally honest our future is looking brighter, but like I said in my first post, hats off to your achievements and good luck in Europe.
When all said and done you didn't create right much. And from where I was sat Burnley were more than happy to let you sling the ball into the box because that's the advantage Tarks and Longy have on Vardy. Its called tactics and our manager outthought yours IMO.

Sidney1st
Been Liked: 3547 times
Has Liked: 5594 times

Post by Sidney1st » Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:58 pm

I'm struggling to see why their future is brighter tbh.

Mahrez will be off in the summer, or he will spend most of it sulking if he doesn't, we all know that.

We've had a better season with how we do things than many clubs, inc Leicester, who spend far more than we do.

Yet your future looks brighter??

Silkyskills1
Been Liked: 1692 times
Has Liked: 2530 times

Post by Silkyskills1 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:58 pm

[quote="LeicDaz"]

Your basing an u16's game on your opinion of the state of our club. Lol.....we have an in-house development to help football in Thailand. Have a look at our u 18's u23's or you could say our 2nd team.....we have 6 players on the fringe of the 1st team, All Local lads, we have the best owners, they invest, do not get involved in managing and player signings and are about to build a £80m training ground and extend the ground to 42,000.

Well, bully for you. Any of your players want to leave this Shangri-la?

Sidney1st

Post by Sidney1st » Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:02 pm

Ah the best owners line that gets trotted out by fans of numerous clubs.

We need a royal rumble to sort out who gets that title.

As for local lads on the fringe of the first team, that's about to change now you're going to be in the PL and the owner has promised unlimited funds.

The local lads won't get a look in unless they're very very good.

WestMidsClaret
Been Liked: 534 times
Has Liked: 506 times

Post by WestMidsClaret » Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:25 pm

Love it when fans etc say they shouldn't be losing to lil ol' Burnley! Even more brilliant that most of these fans don't know that we have the majority of our spine missing and a winger who was showing real class and they're still getting beat by lil ol' Burnley. Love it!
This user liked this post: k90bfc

BennyD
Been Liked: 1338 times
Has Liked: 757 times

Post by BennyD » Tue Apr 17, 2018 3:14 pm

LeicDaz, if you are going to visit another teams forum after a loss, please do so to give plaudits to the team that beat you, not blow smoke up your own ar5e. Football is a results based business and the key phrase is; it’s not how, it’s how many that counts. Time alone will tell what the future holds but the present league table shows that this season we have, so far, been better than you. What you think you should be doing, ie finishing 6th on a regular basis, is irrelevant until you are doing it on a regular basis. Also, I’d have our owners and manager over yours any day of the week and twice on Sunday.
This user liked this post: CBT

Foxy_Tom99
Been Liked: 4 times

Post by Foxy_Tom99 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:04 pm

Just seen Lawro's League Table on the BBC website and he has us as 7th and you hillbillies in 12th which just proves how lucky you have been this season

tim_noone
Been Liked: 4384 times
Has Liked: 15117 times

Post by tim_noone » Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:06 pm

Foxy_Tom99 wrote:Just seen Lawro's League Table on the BBC website and he has us as 7th and you hillbillies in 12th which just proves how lucky you have been this season
And your lucky not to have been shot as vermin! Now off you pop!

Barry_Chuckle
Been Liked: 586 times
Has Liked: 203 times

Post by Barry_Chuckle » Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:07 pm

Any point scoring you were hoping to gain young lady, was lost with your third word...................Lawro :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fecking Lawro............ :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sidney1st

Post by Sidney1st » Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:33 pm

Lawro?

Has he seriously quoted Lawro?

burnmark
Been Liked: 602 times
Has Liked: 477 times

Post by burnmark » Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:34 pm

Foxy_Tom99 wrote:Just seen Lawro's League Table on the BBC website and he has us as 7th and you hillbillies in 12th which just proves how lucky you have been this season
Wow. Probably the most laughable thing I’ve ever read on here.

RocketLawnChair

Post by RocketLawnChair » Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:53 pm

Seriously how many times as this happened on our forums over the last 5 years? Fan of insert club logs on a few days before the match tells us how they are going spank us and then spends the next few days after the match telling us we were lucky.

My personal favourite was Old Time Ram who for 3 years trolled this board which consisted of 4 games against his beloved Derby which we won on aggregate 9-1 and the one they got was when we scored four !!We won auto promotion and then later a title but technically according to Old Time Fool they were better than us !!

yorkyclaret
Been Liked: 246 times
Has Liked: 118 times

Post by yorkyclaret » Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:57 pm

Quality, only Saxo could come up with that one!

ClaretEngineer
Been Liked: 690 times
Has Liked: 406 times

Post by ClaretEngineer » Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:16 pm

No such thing as better team lost. That’s not how it works. The team who scores one more than the opposition wins. Nothing deserving about anything. That’s the facts.

Burnley won 2-1. **** off back to Crisp Town.

This is a local club for local people, you’re not welcome here.
This user liked this post: tim_noone

PaintYorkClaretnBlue
Been Liked: 662 times
Has Liked: 1220 times

Post by PaintYorkClaretnBlue » Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:43 pm

Do these Leicester fans actually believe that the game would have been the same if we weren’t 2-0 up in the first ten minutes?

Oh, and did lawro predict them winning the league that season or were they lucky?? :D :D
This user liked this post: Colburn_Claret

RocketLawnChair

Post by RocketLawnChair » Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:49 pm

No just checked he had them finishing twelfth !!
This user liked this post: PaintYorkClaretnBlue

Bin Ont Turf
Been Liked: 5185 times
Has Liked: 803 times
Location: On top of a pink elephant riding to the Democratic Republic of Congo

Post by Bin Ont Turf » Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:51 pm

yorkyclaret wrote:Quality, only Saxo could come up with that one!

Some of our lot still don't seem to be having it that Faulty_Tom99 isn't a Leicester fan.

Notsosuperstevedavis
Been Liked: 101 times
Has Liked: 31 times

Post by Notsosuperstevedavis » Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:58 pm

I could just as easily argue that we out played you. Both in terms of the score and tactically.
We beat you 2-0 inside the first ten mins.
After that you threw the kitchen sink at us. We handled everything you could throw at us.

Had it been 0-0 for the duration, you'd have been far more conservative and attempt to keep a draw rather than risk it and lose.

Thats how any game in those circumstances would go and dont even need to get into a 'whose club is bigger or better' dick measuring contest.

joey13
Been Liked: 1767 times
Has Liked: 1230 times

Post by joey13 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:03 pm

Ha ha quality

tiger76
Been Liked: 4644 times
Has Liked: 9849 times

Post by tiger76 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:10 pm

Caernarfon_Claret wrote:If you are going to describe Leicester as Great when they've won exactly the same number of major honours as Burnley then that's great because it means Burnley are a great club.

Our top 3 honours are 2 league titles and an FA cup win

Their best being one league title and 3 league cups.

They've won the Charity shield once to our twice (shared?)

Portsmouth must also be a Great club with two league titles two FA cup wins and a Charity Shield (shared)

And the eighteen teams that have a greater history than Leicester, Portsmouth and Burnley must be Behemoths.

The likes of Forest, Wolves and Sheffield Wednesday not to forget Blackburn Rovers.
AH! but you seem to forget football only started in 1992 with the Premier League everybody knows that surely. :lol:

Braindead
Been Liked: 987 times
Has Liked: 1056 times

Post by Braindead » Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:24 pm

Well i will prefer to pick the ACTUAL league table where we are 7th, nine whole points ahead of you instead of the biased ramblings of some over the hill, past it pundit.

Oh, and to show you what a dick Lawro is, we actually have too many points on the board to FINISH the season in 12th. With five whole games to go.

Ouch.