Pogba.....

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
ClaretDiver
Been Liked: 553 times
Has Liked: 131 times

Pogba.....

Post by ClaretDiver » Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:28 am

Looks like he is on his way out......

conyoviejo
Been Liked: 2491 times
Has Liked: 1477 times

Re: Pogba.....

Post by conyoviejo » Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:30 am

We don't want him here.. He's a bit of a knob..
These 3 users liked this post: LeadBelly BleedingClaret SussexDon1inIreland

Bin Ont Turf
Been Liked: 5185 times
Has Liked: 803 times
Location: On top of a pink elephant riding to the Democratic Republic of Congo

Post by Bin Ont Turf » Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:32 am

I suppose a midfield three of Cork, Pogba and Defour would be okay next season.

ClaretDiver
Been Liked: 553 times

Post by ClaretDiver » Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:32 am

conyoviejo wrote:We don't want him here.. He's a bit of a knob..
Dyche would not want him.....he probably doesn't like omelettes!

karatekid
Been Liked: 1108 times
Has Liked: 318 times

Post by karatekid » Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:37 am

Can get Didier Drogba for ten Bob.

cricketfieldclarets
Been Liked: 8585 times
Has Liked: 11285 times

Post by cricketfieldclarets » Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:38 am

Not surprised. Definitely not a Mourinho player.

A talented player (when he fancies it) but way too ill disciplined, lackadaisical and with too much baggage. He is probably more hassle than its worth for Mourinho to manage. And its no wonder he didnt stick around under Fergie.

A very good player, but in the Gascoigne / Balotelli mould.

randomclaret2
Been Liked: 2758 times
Has Liked: 4325 times

Post by randomclaret2 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:43 am

Didnt Mourinho sign him ?

cricketfieldclarets

Post by cricketfieldclarets » Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:52 am

Technically he did. But it was always going to happen regardless of who the manager was.

Suspect Mourinho will do a stan and get shut of the lot of them. Sanchez included.

IanMcL
Been Liked: 6363 times
Has Liked: 8707 times

Post by IanMcL » Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:03 pm

One can understand why Sir Alex let him go. Character is everything.

Dyched
Been Liked: 1922 times
Has Liked: 446 times

Post by Dyched » Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:04 pm

cricketfieldclarets wrote:Technically he did. But it was always going to happen regardless of who the manager was.

Suspect Mourinho will do a stan and get shut of the lot of them. Sanchez included.
Sanchez is quite possibly the most overrated footballer to ever step onto a football pitch. Id rather have Danny Graham than him.
This user liked this post: ClaretinMyBlood

DustyBawls
Been Liked: 156 times

Post by DustyBawls » Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:07 pm

Pogba seems to certainly divide opinion. I think he's overrated myself. I prefer Sanchez between the two.

PLTMGMBJ
Been Liked: 15 times
Has Liked: 13 times

Post by PLTMGMBJ » Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:14 pm

cricketfieldclarets wrote:Not surprised. Definitely not a Mourinho player.

A talented player (when he fancies it) but way too ill disciplined, lackadaisical and with too much baggage. He is probably more hassle than its worth for Mourinho to manage. And its no wonder he didnt stick around under Fergie.

Agree with this apart from the Gazza comparison. Gazza in his heydey was unplayable, one of the world's greats of his time. Pogba, as stated is talented when he fancies it. He can't hack the Premier League, he couldn't the first time and can't now. When will United stop throwing money hand over fist at players? Di Maria is another and Depay. Just not cut out for the rigours of the Premier League.
That's one reason I have to hand it to Pep. De Bruyne was a masterstroke. Getting good but inconsistent players to raise their level is exceptional. I mean Delph, Sterling even David Silva looked decidedly just average last season. He's stepped them up a level. United don't seem to have a direction and haven't done since Fergie retired.

cricketfieldclarets

Post by cricketfieldclarets » Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:14 pm

IanMcL wrote:One can understand why Sir Alex let him go. Character is everything.
Agree. Think Mourinho will build a squad of hard working, harder to beat side.

For a manager who tends to play this way theres far too many weak links. Especially defensively.

cricketfieldclarets

Post by cricketfieldclarets » Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:16 pm

PLTMGMBJ wrote:Agree with this apart from the Gazza comparison. Gazza in his heydey was unplayable, one of the world's greats of his time. Pogba, as stated is talented when he fancies it. He can't hack the Premier League, he couldn't the first time and can't now. When will United stop throwing money hand over fist at players? Di Maria is another and Depay. Just not cut out for the rigours of the Premier League.
That's one reason I have to hand it to Pep. De Bruyne was a masterstroke. Getting good but inconsistent players to raise their level is exceptional. I mean Delph, Sterling even David Silva looked decidedly just average last season. He's stepped them up a level. United don't seem to have a direction and haven't done since Fergie retired.
Gazza was a great player. One of if not my favourite of all time. But theres a reason he played for Newcastle, Spurs, Lazio and Rangers at his peak and why he only played in one world cup. His mentality and consistency werent there.

Herts Clarets
Been Liked: 1766 times
Has Liked: 470 times

Post by Herts Clarets » Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:17 pm

Dyched wrote:Sanchez is quite possibly the most overrated footballer to ever step onto a football pitch. Id rather have Danny Graham than him.
The last 2 times I have been to watch Burnley v Arsenal, he was the class act on the field. I also saw him play for Chile v England at Wembley when Jay Rod made his debut and he was a class above anything else on the field that night too.
These 2 users liked this post: CarlesTheClaretPuyol JohnMac

Bin Ont Turf

Post by Bin Ont Turf » Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:22 pm

cricketfieldclarets wrote: But theres a reason he played for Newcastle, Spurs, Lazio and Rangers at his peak and why he only played in one world cup.
The reason he played for Newcastle had nothing to do with his mentality or consistency.

The reason he went to Spurs and not Man United is that Spurs bought a house for his parents.

Sidney1st
Been Liked: 3548 times
Has Liked: 5594 times

Post by Sidney1st » Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:28 pm

Someone will be along soon enough to tell us all how wrong we are about Pogba...

He's quite possibly not being used correctly and has the wrong manager.

However Fergie didn't promote him to the first team, Scholes said recently that Pogba didn't put the effort in either as a youngster so I'd take a shot in the dark and say Pogba doesn't suit English football.
More space and time on the ball in Italian football.

cricketfieldclarets

Post by cricketfieldclarets » Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:28 pm

Bin Ont Turf wrote:The reason he played for Newcastle had nothing to do with his mentality or consistency.

The reason he went to Spurs and not Man United is that Spurs bought a house for his parents.
There you go. Mentality.

Oh and a sunbed for his sister.

Bin Ont Turf

Post by Bin Ont Turf » Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:35 pm

cricketfieldclarets wrote:There you go. Mentality.

Oh and a sunbed for his sister.

He wasn't a time traveller.

Man Utd were nothing special at the time.

cricketfieldclarets

Post by cricketfieldclarets » Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:41 pm

Bin Ont Turf wrote:He wasn't a time traveller.

Nor were spurs. Or lazio.

cutsy123
Been Liked: 697 times
Has Liked: 351 times

Post by cutsy123 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:50 pm

Overrated
This user liked this post: SussexDon1inIreland

KRBFC
Been Liked: 3800 times
Has Liked: 1071 times

Post by KRBFC » Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:29 pm

The Mourinho effect, makes excellent flair players look bang average. I honestly think United should get rid of Jose, if Jose stays i'd love us in for Rashford/Martial on loan. If I were Rashford i'd be out of the door asap, although I think Rashford is a United fan which will probably see him stick around.

CarlesTheClaretPuyol
Been Liked: 30 times
Has Liked: 57 times

Post by CarlesTheClaretPuyol » Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:50 pm

PLTMGMBJ wrote: Getting good but inconsistent players to raise their level is exceptional. I mean Delph, Sterling even David Silva looked decidedly just average last season.
Never thought I'd see the words David Silva and average in the same sentence. Staggering.

Absolute Rolls Royce of a player.
This user liked this post: claretcarrot93

gandhisflipflop
Been Liked: 2334 times
Has Liked: 1401 times

Post by gandhisflipflop » Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:07 pm

Dyched wrote:Sanchez is quite possibly the most overrated footballer to ever step onto a football pitch. Id rather have Danny Graham than him.

With all due respect that is the single most disagreeable football opinion i have encountered on here in many a year.

cricketfieldclarets

Post by cricketfieldclarets » Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:20 pm

KRBFC wrote:The Mourinho effect, makes excellent flair players look bang average. I honestly think United should get rid of Jose, if Jose stays i'd love us in for Rashford/Martial on loan. If I were Rashford i'd be out of the door asap, although I think Rashford is a United fan which will probably see him stick around.
Love the idea but even with The Europa League it would never happen.

BleedingClaret
Been Liked: 988 times
Has Liked: 1660 times

Post by BleedingClaret » Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:26 pm

Maybe your not quite old enough Cricketfields but you're going to have to be admonished, I can see the Balotelli comparison but Gazza was in a different class to either of them.
Unfortunately a different class of crazier too as well as supremely more talented.

cricketfieldclarets

Post by cricketfieldclarets » Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:33 pm

BleedingClaret wrote:Maybe your not quite old enough Cricketfields but your going to have to be admonished, I can see the Balotelli comparison but was in a different class to either of them.
Unfortunately a different class of crazier too as well as supremely more talented.
Definitely old enough. As above one of my favorite players ever. But Pogba has already done more at club level both here and in Italy and internationally than Gazza.

BleedingClaret
Been Liked: 988 times
Has Liked: 1660 times

Post by BleedingClaret » Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:36 pm

cricketfieldclarets wrote:Definitely old enough. As above one of my favorite players ever. But Pogba has already done more at club level both here and in Italy and internationally than Gazza.
Maybe like many I just had a love in with him and admittedly we all give him credit for what we think he would have done but for that crazy tackle on Charles and what he nearly did if he'd connected with that cross.

P.S. Yes I thought you looked Old enough!

cricketfieldclarets

Post by cricketfieldclarets » Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:59 pm

BleedingClaret wrote:Maybe like many I just had a love in with him and admittedly we all give him credit for what we think he would have done but for that crazy tackle on Charles and what he nearly did if he'd connected with that cross.

P.S. Yes I thought you looked Old enough!
Exactly - Ifs and Maybes with Gazza. Amazing at his best. But never fulfilled his potential. Not the only one.
This user liked this post: BleedingClaret

Stayingup
Been Liked: 921 times
Has Liked: 2751 times

Post by Stayingup » Tue Apr 17, 2018 3:17 pm

I have read recently that Balotelli is going very cheap. Quoted as saying if only I could get a good omelette somewhere.

cricketfieldclarets

Post by cricketfieldclarets » Tue Apr 17, 2018 3:18 pm

Stayingup wrote:I have read recently that Balotelli is going very cheap. Quoted as saying if only I could get a good omelette somewhere.
Imagine a Dyche fit Balotelli :o 8-) 8-) 8-)

TVC15
Been Liked: 3321 times
Has Liked: 601 times

Post by TVC15 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 4:23 pm

Don't think I have ever seen Sanchez and Danny Graham mentioned in the same sentence....what a very very silly thing to say.

Sanchez has been consistently one of the best players in the league the last few years. Arsenal`s demise would have happened much sooner without him and Wenger would have been sacked a few years ago.

United signing him was however a bit strange - they do not really need him. To be paying the reported £600k a week is stupid. In Martial and in particular Rashford they have quicker and more explosive player which they need. The way Mourinho is dealing with Rashford is ridiculous. No wonder there are rumours that Rashford and Martial want away.

The best thing for United is that Mourinho leaves.

As for Pogba I cannot make my mind up. He certainly has not been worth the transfer fee but he has also been played out of position a number of times. In the 2-2 draw against us he was ridiculously deep for most of the match. All that said he has not been consistent enough. He seems to play football like a school kid....sets off running with no real plan as to what he is doing to do. Sometimes it looks good as he can be a beast when he gets going but most of the time he loses the ball. He seems to play for himself rather than the team and his ego on and off the field gets in the way. It may be that he is just not suited to this league - if he goes I doubt it would be to anyone in the Premier League.

Maybe Blackburn could sign him and Danny Graham go the other way United to help show Sanchez how to play ?

Buxtonclaret
Been Liked: 3766 times
Has Liked: 7557 times

Post by Buxtonclaret » Tue Apr 17, 2018 5:03 pm

Over rated
Over paid
Over 'ere

Notsosuperstevedavis
Been Liked: 101 times
Has Liked: 31 times

Post by Notsosuperstevedavis » Tue Apr 17, 2018 5:46 pm

If he cant motivate himself for Utd on THAT wage, he wont be able to motivate himself for us. Its a no from me on that basis. Wont play for the shirt.

IndigoLake
Been Liked: 1 time
Has Liked: 833 times

Post by IndigoLake » Tue Apr 17, 2018 5:50 pm

I think United would be better off without both Pogba and Mourinho. Pogba is lazy and overrated while Mourinho has lost that competitive edge and will to win.

ClaretinMyBlood
Been Liked: 93 times
Has Liked: 54 times

Post by ClaretinMyBlood » Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:30 pm

I said this on here when the signing was going through, unbelievably overrated. Took some abuse for my opinion.

I can't see why people like him so much, he slows play down too much, wastes a lot of ball & spends half of the match whinging at the ref and his own players.

Nowhere near world class in my opinion.

Dyched

Post by Dyched » Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:39 pm

ClaretinMyBlood wrote:I said this on here when the signing was going through, unbelievably overrated. Took some abuse for my opinion.

I can't see why people like him so much, he slows play down too much, wastes a lot of ball & spends half of the match whinging at the ref and his own players.

Nowhere near world class in my opinion.
Absolutely spot on. He’s a bad apple.

JohnMac
Been Liked: 2378 times
Has Liked: 3804 times

Post by JohnMac » Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:42 pm

Bin Ont Turf wrote:He wasn't a time traveller.

And Spurs were even worse! :lol:

Dyched

Post by Dyched » Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:44 pm

gandhisflipflop wrote:With all due respect that is the single most disagreeable football opinion i have encountered on here in many a year.
Not one bit. If Sanchez is sooooo good why did barca let him leave? Why did Madrid let Ozil leave? Because they are nowhere near the levels the media think they are.

As Claretinmyblood says he has the most remarkable knack of slowing play down.

Gets the ball, swivels round, looks up, ignores team mates, runs abit, gets tackled or tries chipping the ball over the top. Loses it, flings arms in air. Repeat over and over.

Conroy92
Been Liked: 504 times
Has Liked: 30 times

Post by Conroy92 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:56 pm

Not sure if people have only watched the last 1-15 prem games on here. Sanchez was winning games for Arsenal for the last two seasons before this. An outstanding player on his day. Not got going at united yet.

gandhisflipflop
Been Liked: 2334 times
Has Liked: 1401 times

Post by gandhisflipflop » Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:01 pm

Dyched wrote:Not one bit. If Sanchez is sooooo good why did barca let him leave? Why did Madrid let Ozil leave? Because they are nowhere near the levels the media think they are.

As Claretinmyblood says he has the most remarkable knack of slowing play down.

Gets the ball, swivels round, looks up, ignores team mates, runs abit, gets tackled or tries chipping the ball over the top. Loses it, flings arms in air. Repeat over and over.

So by your logic fabregas isnt a good player? Or James Rodriguez? Or Wesley Schneider in his pomp? Or Robben? Just because 1 club allows him to leave doesnt make him a bad player, his performances for Chile, Arsenal amd further back Udinese were exeptional.

Sidney1st
Been Liked: 3548 times
Has Liked: 5594 times

Post by Sidney1st » Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:04 pm

Fabregas is usually good for half a game and it's been like that for years now.

James Rodriguez - flopped in Spain, I've been told by KRBFC I think that he's excelling in Germany but 20 league appearances and 6 league goals in a one team league would suggest otherwise so that's two places he's hardly excelled at.

Sanchez just made the wrong choice to join a Jose team.

Dyched

Post by Dyched » Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:29 pm

gandhisflipflop wrote:So by your logic fabregas isnt a good player? Or James Rodriguez? Or Wesley Schneider in his pomp? Or Robben? Just because 1 club allows him to leave doesnt make him a bad player, his performances for Chile, Arsenal amd further back Udinese were exeptional.
Well no. I never said they weren't good players. There just absolutely nowhere near the level people say they are. If they were they’d still be at the clubs I mentioned.

JimmyRobbo
Been Liked: 507 times
Has Liked: 883 times

Post by JimmyRobbo » Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:52 pm

Pogba massively overrated. Hasn't had a good season no matter what any Old Trafford homer will try to tell you. Ambled through a number of games completely lost with the odd very good performance and rare moment of magic. £89m for his transfer fee, however when you consider his frighteningly large wage, he's cost them fortunes. Waste of money.

BennyD
Been Liked: 1338 times
Has Liked: 757 times

Post by BennyD » Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:59 pm

Would be great in the Championship. I think Fergie got his value right when he flogged him for £900k.

tim_noone
Been Liked: 4384 times
Has Liked: 15117 times

Post by tim_noone » Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:04 pm

Give me a Barnes or Vokes every day of the week!

cricketfieldclarets

Post by cricketfieldclarets » Sat Apr 21, 2018 5:27 pm

Pogba with laziest defending ive ever seen now for spurs goal. No wonder mourinho wants shut.

Imploding Turtle
Been Liked: 5483 times
Has Liked: 2540 times

Post by Imploding Turtle » Sat Apr 21, 2018 6:01 pm

So much jealousy in this thread.

timshorts
Been Liked: 413 times
Has Liked: 307 times

Post by timshorts » Sat Apr 21, 2018 10:39 pm

Pogba looks like a better version of Mohammed sissoko, able to batter his way forward in a straight line, but with a bit more skill about it. Both large, French, bought for an insane price and believe they are better than they actually are.
That said, sissoko wouldn't improve our team.

I'm not sure about Sanchez. Hes loaded with talent, but is too keen to have a go at his more average teammates. I imagine that if he'd been playing with some of the arsenal teams of the past, he might appear in the second half with cotton wool stuck up his nose, coz some of them wouldn't have taken his sh1t readily.