Windrush Scandal

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
evensteadiereddie
Been Liked: 3150 times
Has Liked: 10261 times

Re: Windrush Scandal

Post by evensteadiereddie » Tue Apr 24, 2018 6:26 pm

Have a guess, nil !

RingoMcCartney
Been Liked: 2636 times
Has Liked: 2798 times

Post by RingoMcCartney » Tue Apr 24, 2018 6:28 pm

nil_desperandum wrote:Did they actually say that there are "no illegal immigrants in the UK so we can't use that term anymore""?
Or are you twisting something that they said?
No. To be fair obrain used the term "illegal immigrant" in passing. Then he checked himself by saying something on the lines of. " I shouldn't use that term, I was told that a human cannot be illegal, just undocumented." The caller agreed with him. No it's not me trying to twist their words. I'm sure you could find it somewhere on the LBC website or something to confirm. It was yesterday, he's on between 10 till 1 in the morning.

nil_desperandum
Been Liked: 1827 times
Has Liked: 3965 times

Post by nil_desperandum » Tue Apr 24, 2018 6:33 pm

RingoMcCartney wrote:No. To be fair obrain used the term "illegal immigrant" in passing. Then he checked himself by saying something on the lines of. " I shouldn't use that term, I was told that a human cannot be illegal, just undocumented." The caller agreed with him. No it's not me trying to twist their words. I'm sure you could find it somewhere on the LBC website or something to confirm. It was yesterday, he's on between 10 till 1 in the morning.
There's a whole world of difference between "illegal" and "undocumented", and tbh, that's really what the Windrush scandal is all about.
Context is everything

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Tue Apr 24, 2018 6:36 pm

nil_desperandum wrote:There's a whole world of difference between "illegal" and "undocumented", and tbh, that's really what the Windrush scandal is all about.
Context is everything
Well you need to call into LBC while Obrain is on and tell him, "There's a whole world of difference between "illegal" and "undocumented",

He doesn't believe there is......

evensteadiereddie

Post by evensteadiereddie » Tue Apr 24, 2018 6:46 pm

"He doesn't believe there is....."
So what ?
Does anybody, apart from you, give a monkey's ? Rudd and May are in the shoite big-time and no amount of smokescreening over what some broadcaster meant or didn't mean will change that.

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Tue Apr 24, 2018 7:14 pm

evensteadiereddie wrote:"He doesn't believe there is....."
So what ?
Does anybody, apart from you, give a monkey's ? Rudd and May are in the shoite big-time and no amount of smokescreening over what some broadcaster meant or didn't mean will change that.
Calm down Eddie. Did I say the Tories have not got themselves into a pickle? No. Who's smokescreening? I was semi seriously pointing out the futility of pussy footing around with words to sound more politically correct. You clearly give enough of a monkey's to get yourself all revved up , and keep chipping in between myself and nil desperandums relatively calm exchanges, don't you.

evensteadiereddie

Post by evensteadiereddie » Tue Apr 24, 2018 7:21 pm

Oh God, Ringo, here we go again.
Sorry, love, but nobody's getting "revved up" nor needs to calm down.
You attempted to make a point, you were challenged, ballsed it up again and continue blathering on about your latest crush/bogey-man.
There's nothing else to say.

claretandy
Been Liked: 953 times
Has Liked: 238 times

Post by claretandy » Tue Apr 24, 2018 7:26 pm

RingoMcCartney wrote:No. To be fair obrain used the term "illegal immigrant" in passing. Then he checked himself by saying something on the lines of. " I shouldn't use that term, I was told that a human cannot be illegal, just undocumented." The caller agreed with him. No it's not me trying to twist their words. I'm sure you could find it somewhere on the LBC website or something to confirm. It was yesterday, he's on between 10 till 1 in the morning.
A windrush caller spoke to O'Brien today and told him that this had been going on for years, almost immediately O'Brien said "talk to me about whats happened recently", several other spoke to Matt Frei and said the same thing, been going on for decades. O'Brien keeps pushing the hostile environment line, what he won't mention is that it was Labour who started it.

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Tue Apr 24, 2018 7:55 pm

evensteadiereddie wrote:Oh God, Ringo, here we go again.
Sorry, love, but nobody's getting "revved up" nor needs to calm down.
You attempted to make a point, you were challenged, ballsed it up again and continue blathering on about your latest crush/bogey-man.
There's nothing else to say.
Haha. Nobody's getting revved up Eddie! :lol: Aye oreight! :lol:

In what way shape or form have I "ballsed it up" Eddie? You really are a dreamer aren't you.

nil_desperandum
Been Liked: 1827 times
Has Liked: 3965 times

Post by nil_desperandum » Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:42 pm

claretandy wrote:A windrush caller spoke to O'Brien today and told him that this had been going on for years, almost immediately O'Brien said "talk to me about whats happened recently", several other spoke to Matt Frei and said the same thing, been going on for decades. O'Brien keeps pushing the hostile environment line, what he won't mention is that it was Labour who started it.

Ok - so just to clear this up.
The previous Labour administration decided to crackdown on ILLEGAL immigration, (which is what the majority of the country, inc. you wanted), and then Home Secretary Theresa May's department extended this to include the "undocumented" inhabitants of this country, and began the process of chucking out people who in some cases had lived and worked here legally for 5 decades and more.
I think I've got it now.

Sidney1st
Been Liked: 3548 times
Has Liked: 5594 times

Post by Sidney1st » Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:27 pm

nil_desperandum wrote:Ok - so just to clear this up.
The previous Labour administration decided to crackdown on ILLEGAL immigration, (which is what the majority of the country, inc. you wanted), and then Home Secretary Theresa May's department extended this to include the "undocumented" inhabitants of this country, and began the process of chucking out people who in some cases had lived and worked here legally for 5 decades and more.
I think I've got it now.
Pretty much.
People are now trying to nail it all on the PM when it was quite possibly someone in an office who made the decision to dispose of some old paperwork.
After 50yrs you'd assume everyone had their act together wouldn't you?
Although one bloke found out in 2010 he had a problem when he wanted a passport and again in 2016, but did nothing about it until it made the news recently and then he decided to tell his story.

Appears there have been ongoing issues but it's probably easier to blame the PM, instead of the actual person who signed off throwing 50yr old documents in the bin.

joey13
Been Liked: 1767 times
Has Liked: 1231 times

Post by joey13 » Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:31 pm

Sidney1st wrote:Pretty much.
People are now trying to nail it all on the PM when it was quite possibly someone in an office who made the decision to dispose of some old paperwork.
Although one bloke found out in 2010 he had a problem when he wanted a passport and again in 2016, but did nothing about it until it made the news recently and then he decided to tell his story.

Appears there have been ongoing issues but it's probably easier to blame the PM, instead of the actual person who signed off throwing 50yr old documents in the bin.
May was in charge of the department , it’s her fault it’s not that difficult to understand

Sidney1st
Been Liked: 3548 times
Has Liked: 5594 times

Post by Sidney1st » Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:50 pm

joey13 wrote:May was in charge of the department , it’s her fault it’s not that difficult to understand
Depends on the agenda.

Corbyn is head of a party rife with anti semitism, doesn't mean he is...

I'm sure someone's got a copy of the official document where she ordered the destruction of the documents.
Or suggested it.

Or something...
No?

Does the head of a company oversee every single thing that happens or is there something called delegation involved?

Personally I think the government have ballsed this up quite badly and a blanket amnesty with actual citizenship given out is required to stop this embarrassing spectacle getting worse.
Financial compensation isn't really needed unless it can be proven beyond doubt that it is.

aggi
Been Liked: 2124 times

Post by aggi » Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:59 pm

Sidney1st wrote:Pretty much.

May was in charge of the department when the law was changed though, which was quite a bit more important than disposing of some documents (I've not really followed it closely enough to know who was in charge of that).

dsr
Been Liked: 4579 times
Has Liked: 2271 times

Post by dsr » Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:13 pm

The disposing of the documents is a red herring. Corbyn raised it when he thought it would make a cheap political point, but it turned into a double own goal - firstly because it was partly Labour's fault, and secondly because it took the emphasis off the real issue.

The real issue is that there are a lot of people who are in this country legally, but don't have the 160 documents that the Home Office thinks every Briton should have. And therefore the Home Office, although it knows perfectly well that these people almost certainly have a full legal right to stay, it has decided to be as nasty as it can to them and deport some of them because that means they will have ticked a few boxes that says "we have deported illegal immigrants". It's a two-fold scandal - firstly, that they are incompetent to a ridiculous degree; but secondly and worse, that they have made a conscious decision to treat UK citizens as being undeserving of human rights. They are treating people as if their lives do not matter. This is not what the Home Office ought to be about.

It should have been closed down and its duties redistributed years ago, because it can't handle prisons, it can't handle the police, it can't handle immigration. It can't do any of its main jobs. "Not fit for purpose" is an overused phrase, but in this case it is right. Shut it down, pay off the senior civil servants and put a rocket up the backsides of the junior ones, start all over again.
This user liked this post: nil_desperandum

AndrewJB
Been Liked: 1159 times
Has Liked: 754 times

Post by AndrewJB » Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:53 am

dsr wrote:The disposing of the documents is a red herring. Corbyn raised it when he thought it would make a cheap political point, but it turned into a double own goal - firstly because it was partly Labour's fault, and secondly because it took the emphasis off the real issue.

The real issue is that there are a lot of people who are in this country legally, but don't have the 160 documents that the Home Office thinks every Briton should have. And therefore the Home Office, although it knows perfectly well that these people almost certainly have a full legal right to stay, it has decided to be as nasty as it can to them and deport some of them because that means they will have ticked a few boxes that says "we have deported illegal immigrants". It's a two-fold scandal - firstly, that they are incompetent to a ridiculous degree; but secondly and worse, that they have made a conscious decision to treat UK citizens as being undeserving of human rights. They are treating people as if their lives do not matter. This is not what the Home Office ought to be about.

It should have been closed down and its duties redistributed years ago, because it can't handle prisons, it can't handle the police, it can't handle immigration. It can't do any of its main jobs. "Not fit for purpose" is an overused phrase, but in this case it is right. Shut it down, pay off the senior civil servants and put a rocket up the backsides of the junior ones, start all over again.
Theresa May called for ministerial responsibility when she was in opposition, but avoids it now. I don't think it's right to lay the blame of this on Home Office staff, as this article points out. What May set in place in 2014 enabled the Home Office to do far more than crack down on illegal immigration. Removing the specific right to remain for the Windrush people was her doing, and the leverage it gave the Home Office to send out letters of warning to people can't be explained away as random over zealous Home Office officials, but seems more likely to be as a result of target driven directive from the government - who let's not forget promised to bring net migration down to the tens of thousands at that time.

Beyond this we should consider how much time and money the government has wasted in taking such a retrograde step as this; harassing people it knew it shouldn't but who it made vulnerable through changing the law. What did the government hope to accomplish with this? It's a complete waste.

Lancasterclaret
Been Liked: 8058 times
Has Liked: 4714 times

Post by Lancasterclaret » Wed Apr 25, 2018 12:46 pm

https://twitter.com/SnellArthur/status/ ... 6244205568" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I think this sums it all up.

AndrewJB

Post by AndrewJB » Wed Apr 25, 2018 12:58 pm

My link:

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... k-serwotka" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Claret-On-A-T-Rex
Been Liked: 1 time
Has Liked: 837 times

Post by Claret-On-A-T-Rex » Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:55 pm

Pstotto wrote:I know Spanish people who came here just to give birth so that their children would have a UK passport.
Go on then. Name six of them.

Greenmile
Been Liked: 1081 times
Has Liked: 4265 times

Post by Greenmile » Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:03 pm

I find it extraordinary that a Minister isn’t willing just to step up to the plate and take responsibility and it seems to me that you don’t have to take a Ministerial job, you don’t have to take the care and the extra pay and so forth.

But when you do there is responsibility that has to be taken with it. And I’m actually sick and tired of government ministers in this ... government who simply blame other people when something goes wrong and are not willing to take responsibility for what is happening under this government and their decisions

Guess who said this?
This user liked this post: Claret-On-A-T-Rex

Falcon
Been Liked: 894 times
Has Liked: 1172 times

Post by Falcon » Thu Apr 26, 2018 12:14 pm

Theresa May.

Wonder what will now happen now her lying minister has been caught lying...

Pstotto
Been Liked: 1024 times
Has Liked: 763 times

Post by Pstotto » Thu Apr 26, 2018 2:20 pm

I'm not going to name them personally because it's a family connection.

walter the softy
Been Liked: 60 times
Has Liked: 129 times

Post by walter the softy » Thu Apr 26, 2018 2:50 pm

Pstotto wrote:I'm not going to name them personally because it's a family connection.
You might be better telling your "family connection" that they are wasting their time as according to the law...

"Children born in the UK to parents who are not British citizens and do not have indefinite leave to remain do not acquire British citizenship by birth. They have the right to be registered as British citizens once at least one of the parents obtains a settled status (or receives indefinite leave to remain). This registration is subject to good character requirement, but is not subject to ministerial discretion.

A child is entitled to register as a British citizen if his father or mother becomes a member of the British armed forces.

A person born in the UK to non-British parents who has spent the first 10 years of his life in the UK and has not been out of the country for more than 90 days in any one year of the first 10 years of his life, is entitled to be registered as a British citizen. Such application for registration can be made at any time and is not limited by a requirement to apply while the applicant is under 18. The requirement of good character applies."

I took that from the following link.

http://www.kadmosimmigration.com/britis ... gistration" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Could be they know better though, I suppose.

thatdberight
Been Liked: 927 times
Has Liked: 716 times

Post by thatdberight » Thu Apr 26, 2018 2:55 pm

dsr wrote:The disposing of the documents is a red herring. Corbyn raised it when he thought it would make a cheap political point, but it turned into a double own goal - firstly because it was partly Labour's fault, and secondly because it took the emphasis off the real issue.

You're right. Government departments get like this; unwieldy, ineffective, bureaucratic, tick-boxing and costly.

Never mind, I'm sure Jeremy would reduce the amount of government we have looking over us. Very much his kind of thing.

AndrewJB

Post by AndrewJB » Thu Apr 26, 2018 4:37 pm

thatdberight wrote:You're right. Government departmenlt get like this; unwieldy, ineffective, bureaucratic, tick-boxing and costly.

Never mind, I'm sure Jeremy would reduce the amount of government we have looking over us. Very much his kind of thing.
Like any organisation, won't it depend on how it's managed? Granted, the Home Office has had a pair of wasteful incompetents in charge over the last few years, but there's no hard and fast rule that a government department is always ineffective. Our health service is about twice as efficient as the private US one, for example.

How long will Rudd last now? She's said there were no targets, and now it turns out they had them on the walls in offices.

Bordeauxclaret
Been Liked: 3342 times
Has Liked: 1964 times

Post by Bordeauxclaret » Thu Apr 26, 2018 5:03 pm

Falcon wrote:Theresa May.

Wonder what will now happen now her lying minister has been caught lying...
A promotion?

Falcon

Post by Falcon » Fri Apr 27, 2018 9:15 am

Well Rudd has said that she's not resigning, so Mrs M has a decision to make one way or the other.

martin_p
Been Liked: 3768 times
Has Liked: 696 times

Post by martin_p » Fri Apr 27, 2018 9:37 am

Falcon wrote:Well Rudd has said that she's not resigning, so Mrs M has a decision to make one way or the other.
And she'll support her as anything else would be suicide as Amber Rudd might be tempted to tell the truth, i.e. none of this is really Amber Rudd's fault, she's inherited the situation from the previous Home Secretary. Anyone remember who that was?

Falcon

Post by Falcon » Fri Apr 27, 2018 9:38 am

I have an inkling

AndrewJB

Post by AndrewJB » Fri Apr 27, 2018 11:20 am

They've apologised for this, but it's symptomatic of a wider sadism they've practiced on vulnerable people in the UK. What's the difference between how they've treated the Windrush people to how they've made terminally ill cancer sufferers attend work capability assessments, cut services for young people, and made women who have been raped relive their ordeal in order to claim child tax credits? It's all part of the same thing.
These 2 users liked this post: UpTheBeehole longsidepies

Claret-On-A-T-Rex
Been Liked: 1 time
Has Liked: 837 times

Post by Claret-On-A-T-Rex » Sun May 06, 2018 11:18 pm

RingoMcCartney wrote:This may be futile as it appears your unable to read and understand English
"You're" not "your" and you end a sentence with a full stop.

You should maybe rethink your dream of becoming an English teacher and content yourself with learning the absolute basics of the language.

tiger76
Been Liked: 4644 times
Has Liked: 9849 times

Post by tiger76 » Tue May 15, 2018 10:38 pm

Some more facts coming to light http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-44131136

Imploding Turtle
Been Liked: 5483 times
Has Liked: 2540 times

Post by Imploding Turtle » Tue May 15, 2018 10:49 pm

tiger76 wrote:Some more facts coming to light http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-44131136

The left: If you start getting hardcore with removals then you'll remove some of the wrong people.
The right: Typical leftie scaremongering.

Windrush happens

The right: This is an outrage!
The left: No sh*t, you dumb f*cks.

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Tue May 15, 2018 10:53 pm

Imploding Turtle wrote:The left: If you start getting hardcore with removals then you'll remove some of the wrong people.
The right: Typical leftie scaremongering.

Windrush happens

The right: This is an outrage!
The left: No sh*t, you dumb f*cks.
The rest of the population : sort it out.
Imploding Turtles Head : Hissy Fit required.
This user liked this post: AndrewJB

AndrewJB

Post by AndrewJB » Wed May 16, 2018 1:57 pm

It doesn't look as though anything has materially changed with the government's immigration policy:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... -home.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

At a time of austerity, is this money well spent?

AndrewJB

Post by AndrewJB » Sun Jul 28, 2019 5:17 pm

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2019/ ... ld-go-back" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The scandal continues...

I have both UK and Canadian citizenship. I was born here, moved away as a child, and returned in '98. I wonder whether I might find myself on a list of people to be deported one day?

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Sun Jul 28, 2019 5:22 pm

AndrewJB wrote:https://www.theguardian.com/world/2019/ ... ld-go-back

The scandal continues...

I have both UK and Canadian citizenship. I was born here, moved away as a child, and returned in '98. I wonder whether I might find myself on a list of people to be deported one day?
Depends. Are you white?

GodIsADeeJay81
Been Liked: 3437 times
Has Liked: 6339 times

Post by GodIsADeeJay81 » Sun Jul 28, 2019 5:57 pm

AndrewJB wrote:https://www.theguardian.com/world/2019/ ... ld-go-back

The scandal continues...

I was reading this article earlier and from what I can see they've moved over here because they aren't being treated that well in the countries the UK relocated them too.
Then some are seeking housing assistance and being refused because "they've intentionally made themselves homeless" , which is the standard response from housing associations and they say it to white people all the time.
The part where someone is saying they'll arrange a flight home is shocking and that person/people want sacking.

GodIsADeeJay81

Post by GodIsADeeJay81 » Sun Jul 28, 2019 6:00 pm

AndrewJB wrote:It doesn't look as though anything has materially changed with the government's immigration policy:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... -home.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

At a time of austerity, is this money well spent?
A Home Office spokesman told The Guardian: 'Miss Qu has overstayed her visa since January 2014. Her last removal notice was served in January 2018. Miss Qu had not made an application to the Home Office simply by booking and paying for the appointment. The application is not made until she actually turns up to the appointment and submits the application.
Who's in error here, the home office for enforcing it's rules or the woman for not ensuring she's done what's required at her end?
Assuming what's written is correct btw.

dougcollins
Been Liked: 1820 times
Has Liked: 1803 times

Post by dougcollins » Sun Jul 28, 2019 7:13 pm

It must be pretty bad, wherever they are, if people are desperate to come here.

GodIsADeeJay81

Post by GodIsADeeJay81 » Sun Jul 28, 2019 7:14 pm

They were being treated quite badly apparently over in Mauritius and the Seychelles.

Of course this wouldn't be a problem if the UK hadn't thrown them out of their original homes so the Yanks could build a military base.

AndrewJB

Post by AndrewJB » Wed Jul 31, 2019 12:51 pm

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/201 ... ees-treble" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

GodIsADeeJay81

Post by GodIsADeeJay81 » Wed Jul 31, 2019 1:41 pm

The massive increase in fees isn't fair if they're already paying taxes.
The extending of time to apply for citizenship isn't fair.

The lad in.rhe article has lived in the UK for 13 years though and hasn't applied for citizenship though.
There must be a reason, especially with Brexit happening etc.

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Wed Jul 31, 2019 1:59 pm

GodIsADeeJay81 wrote:The massive increase in fees isn't fair if they're already paying taxes.
The extending of time to apply for citizenship isn't fair.

The lad in.rhe article has lived in the UK for 13 years though and hasn't applied for citizenship though.
There must be a reason, especially with Brexit happening etc.

It's unfair fees are a feature, not a bug. It's all designed to make immigration harder. (btw, what happens to illegal immigration when legal immigration becomes more difficult? We've had this talk before, you and I, so hopefully you remember.)

GodIsADeeJay81

Post by GodIsADeeJay81 » Wed Jul 31, 2019 2:27 pm

Imploding Turtle wrote:It's unfair fees are a feature, not a bug. It's all designed to make immigration harder. (btw, what happens to illegal immigration when legal immigration becomes more difficult? We've had this talk before, you and I, so hopefully you remember.)
If I remember rightly you throw a tantrum and call anyone who disagrees a Nazi, right wing, insert ***** here.

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Wed Jul 31, 2019 2:39 pm

GodIsADeeJay81 wrote:If I remember rightly you throw a tantrum and call anyone who disagrees a Nazi, right wing, insert ***** here.
No. You're just choosing to attack me for no reason.

Interesting, isn't it? We agree that there is unfairness here and yet you still don't want to be seen to agree with me.

GodIsADeeJay81

Post by GodIsADeeJay81 » Wed Jul 31, 2019 2:45 pm

Imploding Turtle wrote:No. You're just choosing to attack me for no reason.
It's what you do, it isn't really an attack, but you'll view it differently.

As for immigration, no issue with illegal immigration being made harder, but we are generally crap at that anyway and dealing with illegal migrants when we find them.

Legal immigration is fine with me, ramping the fees right up for current residents isn't really fair though and I've no issue with the NHS fee being included if someone ISN'T already paying taxes.
I'd also prefer it if people were moving here to do skilled jobs, not working in manual or low skilled jobs that British people could do.

I've no time for people whinging if they've failed to get their own affairs in order prior to recent rule changes, it isn't down to the government to hold their hands and make sure their status is sorted prior to rule changes.

Asylum seeking is a different thing altogether.

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Wed Jul 31, 2019 6:34 pm

GodIsADeeJay81 wrote:It's what you do, ...

Nope. Not true. You have to be a mendacious prick to even say that it is.

GodIsADeeJay81

Post by GodIsADeeJay81 » Wed Jul 31, 2019 6:36 pm

Imploding Turtle wrote:Nope. Not true. You have to be a mendacious prick to even say that it is.
Yep, you're always eager to throw out the N word, you were hinting towards it the other day and got a sulk on when I pointed that out.

I'm not going to argue with you about it, that is how I view you and it isn't going to change because you're the one who does it more than anyone else.

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Wed Jul 31, 2019 6:56 pm

GodIsADeeJay81 wrote:Yep, you're always eager to throw out the N word, you were hinting towards it the other day and got a sulk on when I pointed that out.

I'm not going to argue with you about it, that is how I view you and it isn't going to change because you're the one who does it more than anyone else.

Why don't you do a search of "Nazi" in my post history and post an example of where you think i've misused it. It only throws up 49 posts so you don't have to look for hours even if you find nothing.