Rivers of blood..

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
tim_noone
Been Liked: 4384 times
Has Liked: 15117 times

Rivers of blood..

Post by tim_noone » Fri Apr 20, 2018 10:09 pm

On 5 what's been the outcome after 50 years.

conyoviejo
Been Liked: 2491 times
Has Liked: 1477 times

Re: Rivers of blood..

Post by conyoviejo » Fri Apr 20, 2018 10:10 pm

The country's phooked..

ClaretMoffitt
Been Liked: 1216 times
Has Liked: 807 times

Post by ClaretMoffitt » Fri Apr 20, 2018 10:18 pm

Well, there's certainly been no blood on our streets or integration problems with incompatible cultures that have totally different value systems, that's for sure.
These 4 users liked this post: Pimlico_Claret ten bellies lovebeingaclaret IndigoLake

bartons baggage
Been Liked: 597 times
Has Liked: 541 times

Post by bartons baggage » Fri Apr 20, 2018 10:20 pm

[quote="tim_noone"]On 5 what's been the outcome after 50 years.
Da rivers of blud run through da rivers of fam do ya get me blud? #Wengerout.
Last edited by bartons baggage on Fri Apr 20, 2018 10:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
This user liked this post: Stayingup

tim_noone

Post by tim_noone » Fri Apr 20, 2018 10:24 pm

I think there as been a lot of blood letting amongst descendants of immigrants tbh the knife crime statistics don't lie.

cricketfieldclarets
Been Liked: 8585 times
Has Liked: 11285 times

Post by cricketfieldclarets » Fri Apr 20, 2018 10:25 pm

tim_noone wrote:I think there as been a lot of blood letting amongst descendants of immigrants tbh the knife crime statistics don't lie.
This is going to be a six pager and a 12 poster ban...

tim_noone

Post by tim_noone » Fri Apr 20, 2018 10:33 pm

Well I was following the Stephen Lawrence case on TV this week and the alleged killers at the time were almost lynched by a mob fronted by the Brothers of Islam ....scary stuff not forgetting no one had been charged at the time... It was a trial by newspaper which is c'mon place now. Cliff Richards being the latest.

fidelcastro
Been Liked: 2219 times
Has Liked: 2210 times

Post by fidelcastro » Sat Apr 21, 2018 12:24 am

tim_noone wrote:Well I was following the Stephen Lawrence case on TV this week and the alleged killers at the time were almost lynched by a mob fronted by the Brothers of Islam ....scary stuff not forgetting no one had been charged at the time... It was a trial by newspaper which is c'mon place now. Cliff Richards being the latest.
Alleged killers!

:lol:
This user liked this post: Claret-On-A-T-Rex

ClaretMoffitt

Post by ClaretMoffitt » Sat Apr 21, 2018 1:22 pm

cricketfieldclarets wrote:This is going to be a six pager and a 12 poster ban...
More of a fizzle than a bang this one it seems!

Sidney1st
Been Liked: 3548 times
Has Liked: 5594 times

Post by Sidney1st » Sat Apr 21, 2018 1:31 pm

fidelcastro wrote:Alleged killers!

:lol:
Tim specifically said "alleged killers at the time", ie before any court case.

It's a recurring theme on here that certain people don't understand that in regards to English law, or choose to ignore it.
These 2 users liked this post: starting_11 cricketfieldclarets

starting_11
Been Liked: 1 time
Has Liked: 835 times

Post by starting_11 » Sat Apr 21, 2018 1:35 pm

Sidney1st wrote:Tim specifically said "alleged killers at the time", ie before any court case.

It's a recurring theme on here that certain people don't understand that in regards to English law, or choose to ignore it.
There was me thinking that once you're named that means you dunnit!

On a serious note- 'Ar lass was on jury service the other week, it was a sexual assault crime. One of the jurors said that she saw the defendant getting into his car the previous day after court. The missus said "yeah so did I...". The other woman then said "Well, you wouldn't think they'd let rapists out when they're in court"

Needless to say the court accepted a 10/2 majority verdict, most of which were based on opinion, not fact.

Imploding Turtle
Been Liked: 5483 times
Has Liked: 2540 times

Post by Imploding Turtle » Sat Apr 21, 2018 1:44 pm

starting_11 wrote:There was me thinking that once you're named that means you dunnit!

On a serious note- 'Ar lass was on jury service the other week, it was a sexual assault crime. One of the jurors said that she saw the defendant getting into his car the previous day after court. The missus said "yeah so did I...". The other woman then said "Well, you wouldn't think they'd let rapists out when they're in court"

Needless to say the court accepted a 10/2 majority verdict, most of which were based on opinion, not fact.

Was that before or after the defence was allowed to make their case? If before then that's probably prejudicial and good reason for the conviction to be vacated and a retrial ordered.
I'm not a lawyer though, so i might have made all that up.

fidelcastro
Been Liked: 2219 times
Has Liked: 2210 times

Post by fidelcastro » Sat Apr 21, 2018 4:39 pm

Sidney1st wrote:Tim specifically said "alleged killers at the time", ie before any court case.

They were alleged killers for a very long time... even though the whole world knew they were as guilty as sin.

I like the fact that what Tim Loon took from that documentary was not the fact that the whole case changed the face of policing in this country, and how cases were investigated, but the side story that there were protests from some obscurantist fringe group :shock:

Stayingup
Been Liked: 921 times
Has Liked: 2753 times

Post by Stayingup » Sat Apr 21, 2018 5:34 pm

tim_noone wrote:Well I was following the Stephen Lawrence case on TV this week and the alleged killers at the time were almost lynched by a mob fronted by the Brothers of Islam ....scary stuff not forgetting no one had been charged at the time... It was a trial by newspaper which is c'mon place now. Cliff Richards being the latest.
I didn't watch the programme but is it true what the BBC kept saying that this murder changed a nation? I just couldn't follow that one.

yTib
Been Liked: 711 times
Has Liked: 667 times

Post by yTib » Sat Apr 21, 2018 5:44 pm

powell was an old white man wanting to cling on to an old white way.

it was inevitable as technology and markets grew that the world was going to get smaller. it has always been this way.

people who hark back to enoch as some sort of soothsayer will cite all the negatives of multiculturism whilst ignoring all the positives, and especially ignoring the role of the british empire as a major catalyst of it.

Erasmus
Been Liked: 574 times
Has Liked: 44 times

Post by Erasmus » Sat Apr 21, 2018 5:48 pm

The outcome after 50 years is that Enoch Powell completely misread the situation. There have been some problems with immigration but nothing that could reasonably be described as 'Rivers of Blood'. And as for the 'black man holding the whip hand over the white', Powell was so very, very wrong. He was a man who was brought up in the old imperial era and so didn't understand the modern world that was taking shape. I am old enough to remember Powell's speech and the horrible consequences for race relations. He was wrong and very misguided.

ClaretMoffitt

Post by ClaretMoffitt » Sat Apr 21, 2018 5:51 pm

Erasmus wrote:The outcome after 50 years is that Enoch Powell completely misread the situation. There have been some problems with immigration but nothing that could reasonably be described as 'Rivers of Blood'. And as for the 'black man holding the whip hand over the white', Powell was so very, very wrong. He was a man who was brought up in the old imperial era and so didn't understand the modern world that was taking shape. I am old enough to remember Powell's speech and the horrible consequences for race relations. He was wrong and very misguided.
You do realise he never actually said that (the whip hand thing) he was just quoting what one on his constituents had said to him.

Sidney1st
Been Liked: 3548 times
Has Liked: 5594 times

Post by Sidney1st » Sat Apr 21, 2018 6:05 pm

Stayingup wrote:I didn't watch the programme but is it true what the BBC kept saying that this murder changed a nation? I just couldn't follow that one.
I think it highlighted an issue with the police, they handled it very badly, unsurprisingly and I'm sure they were accused of institutional racism etc.

bobinho
Been Liked: 4105 times
Has Liked: 6588 times

Post by bobinho » Sat Apr 21, 2018 6:47 pm

Maybe he was talking metaphorically? Easy to ignore that possibility when there's an agenda to be had.

We have PLENTY of issues stemming from race and incompatible cultures. Multicultural society? Don't make me laugh. Real life isn't like EastEnders and Coronation St you know, irrespective what the politicians will tell you!

The two main communities in this town, and the surrounding areas, don't really mix. Sure some of us have friends who are from these `other` communities, but massive cultural differences prevent true integration. Anyone who thinks we (and them) integrate are kidding themselves. I'd be surprised if we EVER see the society some people think we have now. Don't get me wrong, i'd like peace and harmony as much as the next man, but I think if we haven't managed it so far, we will struggle to change things now.

yTib

Post by yTib » Sat Apr 21, 2018 6:55 pm

bobinho wrote:Maybe he was talking metaphorically? Easy to ignore that possibility when there's an agenda to be had.

We have PLENTY of issues stemming from race and incompatible cultures. Multicultural society? Don't make me laugh. Real life isn't like EastEnders and Coronation St you know, irrespective what the politicians will tell you!

The two main communities in this town, and the surrounding areas, don't really mix. Sure some of us have friends who are from these `other` communities, but massive cultural differences prevent true integration. Anyone who thinks we (and them) integrate are kidding themselves. I'd be surprised if we EVER see the society some people think we have now. Don't get me wrong, i'd like peace and harmony as much as the next man, but I think if we haven't managed it so far, we will struggle to change things now.
i was in a library in bradford a few years ago and there were these two asian lads on a computer near me. they were looking for a job.

one of them suddenly started kicking off because a job he was interested in asked for 'polish speakers only'. part of his rant included the phrase 'this is england'.

i realised then that although it will take time, the kind of ghettoisation we see in towns like bradford or burnley will subside.

bfcjg
Been Liked: 5080 times
Has Liked: 6886 times

Post by bfcjg » Sat Apr 21, 2018 7:01 pm

I prefer Rivers of Babylon,much catchier.

yTib

Post by yTib » Sat Apr 21, 2018 7:04 pm

bfcjg wrote:I prefer Rivers of Babylon,much catchier.

oh god no. reminds me of working at honda in the nineties.

Wile E Coyote
Been Liked: 2889 times
Has Liked: 1763 times

Post by Wile E Coyote » Sat Apr 21, 2018 7:43 pm

its maybe a fault to take his speech out of context and regard the language used as inappropriate by modern standards .
That said, we have massive divisions in most major towns and cities, religious intolerance, huge cultural differences.
Terrorism, grooming gangs, disproportionate levels of criminality .
Older generations were made to accept changes without question.
People talk about tradition and identity, yet the fabric of what was once familiar to them was eradicated within a few short years.
London is awash with criminal gangs from all manner of communities, we have people trafficking to contend with and the colossal social problems that causes.
Most people would prefer it to be better by now, but it isn't.
Its not Trumpton out there, there are genuine problems the length and breadth of the country.
This user liked this post: bartons baggage

yTib

Post by yTib » Sat Apr 21, 2018 7:48 pm

Wile E Coyote wrote:Terrorism, grooming gangs, disproportionate levels of criminality .
i think i can read between the lines.

you attribute these problems to immigration, yes?

yTib

Post by yTib » Sat Apr 21, 2018 7:50 pm

or should that be immigrants?

Devils_Advocate
Been Liked: 5209 times
Has Liked: 921 times

Post by Devils_Advocate » Sat Apr 21, 2018 8:01 pm

He's got a point though just think about all those Irish immigrants who came across the water and started touching up our choirboys
This user liked this post: yTib

tiger76
Been Liked: 4644 times
Has Liked: 9849 times

Post by tiger76 » Sat Apr 21, 2018 8:39 pm

yTib wrote:i was in a library in bradford a few years ago and there were these two asian lads on a computer near me. they were looking for a job.

one of them suddenly started kicking off because a job he was interested in asked for 'polish speakers only'. part of his rant included the phrase 'this is england'.

i realised then that although it will take time, the kind of ghettoisation we see in towns like bradford or burnley will subside.
Is that strictly legal to restrict applications to speakers of only one language,of course there could be valid reasons for these criteria.

yTib

Post by yTib » Sat Apr 21, 2018 8:42 pm

tiger76 wrote:Is that strictly legal to restrict applications to speakers of only one language,of course there could be valid reasons for these criteria.
i suspect in certain jobs there are language-specific criteria but i didn't enquire about the specifics.

bartons baggage
Been Liked: 597 times
Has Liked: 541 times

Post by bartons baggage » Sat Apr 21, 2018 9:11 pm

We can all turn a blind eye,but the fact is multiculturalism has failed.
Owd Enoch saw the writing on the wall.

yTib

Post by yTib » Sat Apr 21, 2018 9:21 pm

you are a direct product of multiculturism.

if you don't believe me do a dna test.

https://www.ancestry.co.uk/dna/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
This user liked this post: Sidney1st

Wile E Coyote
Been Liked: 2889 times
Has Liked: 1763 times

Post by Wile E Coyote » Sun Apr 22, 2018 12:29 am

yTib wrote:you are a direct product of multiculturism.

if you don't believe me do a dna test.

https://www.ancestry.co.uk/dna/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
irrelevant and you should know it, we have passports and border controls , try swanning in to any country of your choosing thesedays and asking them to check your link. see how far it takes you.
the post was about the speech, not some insipid nursery school version of norsemen and africans.

bfcjg
Been Liked: 5080 times
Has Liked: 6886 times

Post by bfcjg » Sun Apr 22, 2018 12:29 am

I'm a blood donar and I keep getting reminders about appointments and how stocks are low especially at winter they'd love Enochs vision of blood for all.

mdd2
Been Liked: 1666 times
Has Liked: 701 times

Post by mdd2 » Sun Apr 22, 2018 8:31 am

Most of it has little to do with DNA but who and what is said in the pulpit, mosque, temple.