Busy summer ahead?

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Hedontplayforyou
Been Liked: 546 times
Has Liked: 51 times

Busy summer ahead?

Post by Hedontplayforyou » Fri Apr 27, 2018 4:35 pm

With Arfield and Marney certain outgoers, we look set for a busy summer of recruitment with the like of Wells, Walters, and perhaps Bardsley and Vokes leaving.

I’d be looking at 2 x central
Midfielders.
1 x number 10
2 x Strikers if Vokes
Leaves (which personally I hope he doesn’t)
1 x Center Back (2 if Ben Mee leaves)
1 more winger when GKN goes back to spurs.

Eagerly anticipating what kind of names we can attract, World Cup summer too so many players being showcased aswell. I’d like to think we could attract some fellow Belgian talents throughout any influence Defour May or may not have. More than likely more British based again which Has worked wonders for us admittedly, but can we afford the wages of such players from relegated clubs or struggling clubs from this season such as: Redmond, Ward-Prowse, Rodriguez, Burke or Allen for example.

Exciting summer ahead for all those transfer fans anyway.

UTC in Dyche we trust

Silkyskills1
Been Liked: 1695 times
Has Liked: 2534 times

Re: Busy summer ahead?

Post by Silkyskills1 » Fri Apr 27, 2018 4:56 pm

I very much expect Jon Walters to be here next season.

Goobs
Been Liked: 1467 times
Has Liked: 997 times

Post by Goobs » Fri Apr 27, 2018 4:57 pm

Couple of Icelandic players, 2 from the championship and 8 youngsters from places like Gainsborough, Hinckley & Truro for the development squad.
These 2 users liked this post: randomclaret2 SGr

ClaretinMyBlood
Been Liked: 93 times
Has Liked: 54 times

Post by ClaretinMyBlood » Fri Apr 27, 2018 5:06 pm

Hedontplayforyou wrote:With Arfield and Marney certain outgoers, we look set for a busy summer of recruitment with the like of Wells, Walters, and perhaps Bardsley and Vokes leaving.

Midfielders.
1 x number 10
2 x Strikers if Vokes

Eagerly anticipating what kind of names we can attract, World Cup summer too so many players being showcased aswell. I’d like to think we could attract some fellow Belgian talents throughout any influence Defour May or may not have. More than likely more British based again which Has worked wonders for us admittedly, but can we afford the wages of such players from relegated clubs or struggling clubs from this season such as: Redmond, Ward-Prowse, Rodriguez, Burke or Allen for example.

UTC in Dyche we trust

I think I'd be wanting 2 new wide men, to fill the void of GKN & Arfield, Never know how & when Brady will come back, previous players with the same injury have taken a few extra months to get back to where they were and with the excess amount of games before & early in the season this is a position we look light in, along with centre halves.
For me, given no extra outgoings I'd be looking at;-

2x Centre Halfs
1x Central Midfield
2x Wide Midfielders
1x Striker (capable of playing the the 10 role)

AGENT_CLARET
Been Liked: 1157 times
Has Liked: 1070 times

Post by AGENT_CLARET » Fri Apr 27, 2018 5:10 pm

We have already done a deal (a friend in the know at the club told me) for a player from Newcastle he told me nothing else no name, age or what position he plays just said deal is done

MACCA
Been Liked: 4360 times

Post by MACCA » Fri Apr 27, 2018 5:32 pm

AGENT_CLARET wrote:We have already done a deal (a friend in the know at the club told me) for a player from Newcastle he told me nothing else no name, age or what position he plays just said deal is done
No we haven't, you can't have a done deal at this stage of the season.

Back to the OO

Priorities
CB
Winger
Number 10

Like for like should anyone else leave, and possible upgrades on Wells/Vokes if we are being greedy. Other than that I think if those priorities are of quality I would be happy with our business.

jrgbfc
Been Liked: 2108 times
Has Liked: 337 times

Post by jrgbfc » Fri Apr 27, 2018 5:33 pm

Hedontplayforyou wrote:With Arfield and Marney certain outgoers, we look set for a busy summer of recruitment with the like of Wells, Walters, and perhaps Bardsley and Vokes leaving.

Midfielders.
1 x number 10
2 x Strikers if Vokes

UTC in Dyche we trust
So you want another 2 more central midfielders to go alongside Defour, Cork, Westwood and Hendrick? How are you going to keep all them happy?

rufus lumley
Been Liked: 225 times
Has Liked: 7 times

Post by rufus lumley » Fri Apr 27, 2018 5:38 pm

Play them in cup games hopefully there will be loads of them.

Stockbrokerbelt
Been Liked: 229 times
Has Liked: 137 times

Post by Stockbrokerbelt » Fri Apr 27, 2018 6:06 pm

Not according to the chairman on his interview on Clarets mad, he said it won’t be 6 or 7 likely 3 - 4 going for quality over quantity.

randomclaret2
Been Liked: 2758 times
Has Liked: 4325 times

Post by randomclaret2 » Fri Apr 27, 2018 6:23 pm

Gainsborough Hinkley and Truro sounds like a firm of solicitors

bfcmik
Been Liked: 895 times
Has Liked: 1102 times

Post by bfcmik » Fri Apr 27, 2018 6:28 pm

MACCA wrote:No we haven't, you can't have a done deal at this stage of the season.
You are allowed to have a pre contract deal agreed with players who are out of contract at the end of the season. Danny Ings agreed one with Liverpool a few years ago!

Reecey1987
Been Liked: 217 times
Has Liked: 97 times

Post by Reecey1987 » Fri Apr 27, 2018 6:30 pm

bfcmik wrote:You are allowed to have a pre contract deal agreed with players who are out of contract at the end of the season. Danny Ings agreed one with Liverpool a few years ago!
Yes you can only if there out of contract . Scotty arfield has agreed a 4 year deal with rangers

mdd2
Been Liked: 1666 times
Has Liked: 701 times

Post by mdd2 » Fri Apr 27, 2018 6:51 pm

Remember we can only name 25 players for the Premier league games and as many as we want under ?21yrs, so to sign 7 we would need about 7 out

Jakubs Tash
Been Liked: 674 times
Has Liked: 244 times

Post by Jakubs Tash » Fri Apr 27, 2018 7:17 pm

Reecey1987 wrote:Yes you can only if there out of contract . Scotty arfield has agreed a 4 year deal with rangers
This is because it’s an international transfer. Domestic transfers can’t be pre-agreed I don’t think.

OssyClaret
Been Liked: 50 times
Has Liked: 17 times

Post by OssyClaret » Fri Apr 27, 2018 8:05 pm

Pope/Heaton

Lowton/Bardsley, Tarkowski/Long, Mee/(Worrall), Ward/Taylor

Lennon/(Burke), Cork/Hendrick, Defour/Westwood, Gudmunsson/Brady

(Allen)/(Rodriguez)

Barnes/Wood/Vokes

Those 4 additions would have me dancing in the streets.

MonkeyThief
Been Liked: 6 times

Post by MonkeyThief » Fri Apr 27, 2018 8:10 pm

bfcmik wrote:You are allowed to have a pre contract deal agreed with players who are out of contract at the end of the season. Danny Ings agreed one with Liverpool a few years ago!
No you can’t and that is why Ings didn’t sign one with Liverpool. International moves yes, such as Arfield to Rangers. Even though it was common knowledge that Danny would end up at Anfield and they tried to get him in the Jan, there wasnt anything legally binding so if injured, he would have been left in limbo.

Blackrod
Been Liked: 1348 times
Has Liked: 608 times

Post by Blackrod » Fri Apr 27, 2018 8:54 pm

Quality not quantity this time around as confirmed by Chairman.
No 10
Winger
CB

andyh
Been Liked: 483 times
Has Liked: 102 times

Post by andyh » Sat Apr 28, 2018 8:13 am

Unsurprisingly given our manager and the length of his tenure we have exactly the right number of slots to fill just to freshen it up. A wide player a central defender and a couple of wild cards would do me. Obviously if we sell we will need replacements. But as always it looks thought through and progressive. Many of the championship stalwarts are slowly and respectfully being replaced. SD just does the man management side so well.

MACCA

Post by MACCA » Sat Apr 28, 2018 9:52 am

But we haven't, so all is irrelivent.

We all knew ings were Liverpool bound from January.
Who's out of contract at Newcastle who we will be signing?

If there was one, more people than agent claret eould be whispering about it. Too many people in the chain these days for it not to be leaked from one end or the other.

Firthy
Been Liked: 1613 times
Has Liked: 277 times

Post by Firthy » Sat Apr 28, 2018 10:26 am

The only out of contract Newcastle player worth having is Kennedy on loan from Chelsea. I would be more than happy with that but think Matt Ritchie is the more likely target.

HiroshimaClaret
Been Liked: 746 times
Has Liked: 927 times

Post by HiroshimaClaret » Sat Apr 28, 2018 10:42 am

OssyClaret wrote:Pope/Heaton

Lowton/Bardsley, Tarkowski/Long, Mee/(Worrall), Ward/Taylor

Lennon/(Burke), Cork/Hendrick, Defour/Westwood, Gudmunsson/Brady

(Allen)/(Rodriguez)

Barnes/Wood/Vokes

Those 4 additions would have me dancing in the streets.
Not disagreeing with your post,mate...it`s just a nice template for a compare/contrast in ideas.

NOT WHAT I WANT BUT WHAT I THINK

Heaton + NEW

Lowton/Bardsley, Tarkowski/NEW, Mee/NEW Ward/Taylor

Lennon/NEW, Cork/Hendrick/NEW, Defour/Westwood, Gudmundsson/Brady

Barnes/Wood/NEW/NEW

buzzclarets79
Been Liked: 227 times
Has Liked: 208 times

Post by buzzclarets79 » Sat Apr 28, 2018 1:14 pm

Just get Mee to stay and sign a deal, that will be singing of the summer! He is Burnley, we can't afford to lose him.

Hedontplayforyou
Been Liked: 546 times
Has Liked: 51 times

Post by Hedontplayforyou » Sun Apr 29, 2018 9:28 am

jrgbfc wrote:So you want another 2 more central midfielders to go alongside Defour, Cork, Westwood and Hendrick? How are you going to keep all them happy?
If we play 3 of those from the start which we did majority of the first half of the season then that leaves us with one option from the bench, if we get an injury then we are short.

Plus I’d look for one of them at least to be on the younger side, to learn from Defour and Cork and eventually take over from them in the future. Aren’t both Cork and Defour 30 now?

I’d look for an upgrade on Bardsley too if possible, I think we struggled down that side when Lowton was out, Who by the way I think it’s so under rated!

mdd2
Been Liked: 1666 times
Has Liked: 701 times

Post by mdd2 » Sun Apr 29, 2018 9:34 am

Can see the likes of Anderson, Ginnelly, Agyei and Long leaving as they don't seem to have figured much out on loan.

TVC15
Been Liked: 3322 times
Has Liked: 601 times

Post by TVC15 » Sun Apr 29, 2018 9:52 am

Craig Dawson would be an upgrade on Bardsley and an upgrade on Long (though Long as done great). If the £10m is correct that seems reasonable for a player with his experience who can cover multiple positions and genuinely challenge to be a starter.

We will also go for a wide player I reckon and at least one forward....hopefully 2. I’m hoping we spend at least £40m on 3 or 4 players who are good enough to go straight in the team (or be at least players that he has no qualms with putting straight in the first team unlike Wells and Walters)

Long Time Lurker
Been Liked: 603 times
Has Liked: 420 times

Post by Long Time Lurker » Sun Apr 29, 2018 2:11 pm

From the current squad

Heaton / Pope / Lindegaard
Lowton / Ward / Taylor / Bardsley
Mee / Tarkowski / Long
Cork / Defour / Hendrick / Westwood
Brady / Gudmundsson / Lennon / Walters
Wood / Barnes / Vokes / Wells

which would account for 22 spaces out of 25

Incomings I would like to see

Linus Wahlqvist - Right Back ( U21 Rule ) Free Transfer

Mystery Man - Central Defender

Stuart Armstrong - Attacking Mid / Centre Mid

Steven Zuber - Left Midfield / Right Midfield

Bobby Reid - Attacking Mid / Support Striker

Based on 3 empty slots to fill and one of Vokes / Wells / Walters leaving or going out on loan

Mystery man central defender options would be

Joe Worrall ( U21 Rule ) / Sven van Beek / Liam Moore / Rob Holding

U23 Development Squad Candidates

Georges-Kevin N'Doukou / Marc-Oliver Kempf / Gustav Valsvik / Lewis Baker

It would be nice if we had more quality candidates in the development squad to draw from. This would boost the option of replenishing the squad internally at the mid way point in the season if we should need to. They could also be sent out on loan if we don't. Kempf is a free transfer and Valsvik is left footed defender who has played very well in 2.Bundesliga over the course of this season and shouldnt cost much. I'm guessing that Baker would still cost a bit even though his loan at Middlesborough has done his value and visibility no favours.

I've included Ndoukou because I wouldn't run screaming if we signed him up permanently. He seems to fit in well and he obviously isn't afraid of putting in the hard work it will take to improve. I think his time with us has shown that he has potential, but he isn't ready for a first team slot just yet. If we could get him for a reasonable price it would reflect the time and effort that we would have to contribute to get him to where we would need him to be - and the risk he might not make it.

Long Time Lurker
Been Liked: 603 times
Has Liked: 420 times

Post by Long Time Lurker » Fri May 11, 2018 4:23 pm

Long Time Lurker wrote:From the current squad

Heaton / Pope / Lindegaard
Lowton / Ward / Taylor / Bardsley
Mee / Tarkowski / Long
Cork / Defour / Hendrick / Westwood
Brady / Gudmundsson / Lennon / Walters
Wood / Barnes / Vokes / Wells

which would account for 22 spaces out of 25

Incomings I would like to see

Linus Wahlqvist - Right Back ( U21 Rule ) Free Transfer

Mystery Man - Central Defender

Stuart Armstrong - Attacking Mid / Centre Mid

Steven Zuber - Left Midfield / Right Midfield

Bobby Reid - Attacking Mid / Support Striker

Based on 3 empty slots to fill and one of Vokes / Wells / Walters leaving or going out on loan

Mystery man central defender options would be

Joe Worrall ( U21 Rule ) / Sven van Beek / Liam Moore / Rob Holding

U23 Development Squad Candidates

Georges-Kevin N'Doukou / Marc-Oliver Kempf / Gustav Valsvik / Lewis Baker

It would be nice if we had more quality candidates in the development squad to draw from. This would boost the option of replenishing the squad internally at the mid way point in the season if we should need to. They could also be sent out on loan if we don't. Kempf is a free transfer and Valsvik is left footed defender who has played very well in 2.Bundesliga over the course of this season and shouldnt cost much. I'm guessing that Baker would still cost a bit even though his loan at Middlesborough has done his value and visibility no favours.

I've included Ndoukou because I wouldn't run screaming if we signed him up permanently. He seems to fit in well and he obviously isn't afraid of putting in the hard work it will take to improve. I think his time with us has shown that he has potential, but he isn't ready for a first team slot just yet. If we could get him for a reasonable price it would reflect the time and effort that we would have to contribute to get him to where we would need him to be - and the risk he might not make it.
Revisions

Sven Van Beek - Feyenoord

He looked very good in his initial matches after his return from the serious foot injury that kept him out of the team for over a year. However, after his well publicised altercation with Steven Burguis, his form has dipped significantly. He really doesn't look happy or comfortable in the team.

I also read this recent interview with him called "No Friends in Football"

https://www.vi.nl/pro/overig/vader-en-z ... tbalwereld" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I think there is a big difference between friendly competition amongst players for first team places, which can bring out the best in everyone involved, and a somewhat aggressive me vs them attitude.

I also got the impression that he wouldn't be happy to sit on the bench as a fourth choice, waiting for an opportunity to play.

Assessment - dropping him from my list of suggestion, because I don't think he would be a good fit for us.

Linus Wahlqvist

I made a mistake, he won't qualify as an U21 squad addition, but I still think he would make an excellent development candidate for the future role of attacking right back.

Steven Zuber

Still happy wth this suggestion, good player from the matches I've watched and a model professional from everything I've read about him, but I would be equally happy with the recently linked Joe Bryan.
This user liked this post: randomclaret2

AGENT_CLARET
Been Liked: 1157 times
Has Liked: 1070 times

Post by AGENT_CLARET » Wed Jul 04, 2018 10:05 am

MACCA wrote:No we haven't, you can't have a done deal at this stage of the season.

Back to the OO

Priorities
CB
Winger
Number 10

Like for like should anyone else leave, and possible upgrades on Wells/Vokes if we are being greedy. Other than that I think if those priorities are of quality I would be happy with our business.
https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/f ... d-14863229" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

MACCA

Post by MACCA » Wed Jul 04, 2018 1:31 pm

That bit of a kid?
You've got lucky with 1 of around a dozen if not more kids coming in from various clubs and claimed it was a top secret?

So where this lad slotting in to the first team squad then?
As That s what we were talking about, he states in an interview his first aim is to break into the under 23 team.

Ps He was free after being released, no deal done at all.