Burnley v Bournemouth - Player Ratings

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Buxtonclaret
Been Liked: 3771 times
Has Liked: 7571 times

Re: Burnley v Bournemouth - Player Ratings

Post by Buxtonclaret » Sun May 13, 2018 11:38 pm

Pope 7
Lowton 6
Tarks 7
Long 5
Ward 6

Cork 7
Westwood 7
Hendrick 7
JBG 7
Lennon 6
Wood 6

Vokes 6

Can't give daft goals away like that and expect anything from a game at this level.
Disappointing end to the season.
But what a season! Our best for a long, long time.

MACCA
Been Liked: 4360 times

Post by MACCA » Sun May 13, 2018 11:43 pm

taio wrote:Same could be said of you. Or you don't understand the game enough to see that Hendrick had a decent game today. Or you just have an agenda against him.
Yeah was a game changer...

jlup1980
Been Liked: 858 times
Has Liked: 531 times

Post by jlup1980 » Mon May 14, 2018 7:58 am

Pope 7
Lowton 7
Tarks 7
Long 5
Ward 5

Cork 7
Westwood 7
Hendrick 8
JBG 7
Lennon 5
Wood 5

Vokes 6

Always a fan
Been Liked: 4 times

Post by Always a fan » Mon May 14, 2018 2:11 pm

MACCA wrote:Yep was the better of the players last week. This week as the home side anonymous.
I'd rather he didn't start for us in a 4411 role.

I give him credit when he contributes, the amount of times he didn't complete a 15 yard pass, or offered a powder puff shot/tackle amazes me.

7th in the premier league and some are way to easily pleased. I want to see football and footballers not work horses.
Jeff should be 4th choice at very best
Christ if you had your way we'd have knowone to start. All you do is moan and slate players. Every thread all you do is moan moan moan. Go support Real or barca or even City if you want to see the best win all the time.
This user liked this post: Leisure

MACCA

Post by MACCA » Mon May 14, 2018 2:42 pm

Always a fan wrote:Christ if you had your way we'd have knowone to start. All you do is moan and slate players. Every thread all you do is moan moan moan. Go support Real or barca or even City if you want to see the best win all the time.
Not always, just praise when it's deserved, or voice an opinion when it's not.
Why would I change who I support, are you a premier league plastic? You would know otherwise that your football team is none changeable

I want my team to be the best and win as much as they can, so I'll stick to watching them thanks.

Jakubs Tash
Been Liked: 674 times
Has Liked: 244 times

Post by Jakubs Tash » Mon May 14, 2018 3:02 pm

Pope 7

Lowton 6
Long 5
Tarkowski 6
Ward 6

Cork 7
Westwood 7
Hendrick 8

JBG 6
Lennon 5
Wood 6

Vokes 5

ClaretTony
Been Liked: 32545 times
Has Liked: 5279 times

Post by ClaretTony » Sun May 20, 2018 6:36 pm

MACCA wrote:What did he offer?
Couldn't complete a 15 yard forward pass.
Couldn't shoot.

If he's a number 10, I'll make it pro...

He is genuinely an awful number 10.

Chooses the wrong option nearly every time.

I get that you love him to bits, but if he snapped his leg tomorrow i really wouldn't care. Sounds harsh, but he's an awful footballer.
The game is all about opinions but this post just about sums you up. Clearly clueless, and to make that comment about a player potentially getting a serious injury is nothing short of appalling.

Leisure
Been Liked: 3803 times
Has Liked: 12495 times

Post by Leisure » Sun May 20, 2018 10:45 pm

MACCA wrote: I get that you love him to bits, but if he snapped his leg tomorrow i really wouldn't care. Sounds harsh, but he's an awful footballer.
That's an appalling statement from anyone and even more so from a so called Burnley supporter!

MACCA

Post by MACCA » Mon May 21, 2018 12:38 pm

ClaretTony wrote:The game is all about opinions but this post just about sums you up. Clearly clueless, and to make that comment about a player potentially getting a serious injury is nothing short of appalling.
Up until the Arsenal game, according to the stats and poll's you run to judge player performances, he's was rock bottom even though he had started 30 premier league games.
Below every single player even GKN who had around 400 minutes game time.
So I think my opinion on Jeff and his performances are shared by the majority ( he's the least effective ).

I didn't say I hoped he'd snap his leg, I said if he did I wouldn't care. Would Jeff care if I snapped my arm and couldn't work, and subsequently not get paid? Would he care if I fell behind on my bills and mortgage with 2 mouths to feed?
Answer is NO.
He would still keep picking up his 30k a week whether he's sat on his arse, or stood doing next to nothing wearing a Burnley strip.

However if he did snap his leg, as point 1 ( and your polls ) shows, he would be the better 1 to do it, as he's rated the most cobsistent poorest performer.

I've not met too many folk who live a more comfortable life than a footballer as to feel sorry for them, should they be income free if injured
Last edited by MACCA on Mon May 21, 2018 12:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.

MACCA

Post by MACCA » Mon May 21, 2018 12:38 pm

Leisure wrote:That's an appalling statement from anyone and even more so from a so called Burnley supporter!

See above.

ClaretTony

Post by ClaretTony » Mon May 21, 2018 1:42 pm

Leisure wrote:That's an appalling statement from anyone and even more so from a so called Burnley supporter!
And he tries to defend it with more appalling words

UpTheBeehole
Been Liked: 1157 times
Has Liked: 496 times

Post by UpTheBeehole » Mon May 21, 2018 1:46 pm

Macca if you're in a position where if you got injured you wouldn't be able to feed your family, then either get a better job with a caring employer, or take out some insurance.

MACCA

Post by MACCA » Mon May 21, 2018 1:49 pm

ClaretTony wrote:And he tries to defend it with more appalling words
Quick Pete back me up...

appalling
əˈpɔːlɪŋ/Submit
adjective
causing shock or dismay; horrific.
"the cat suffered appalling injuries during the attack"

CT - please don't watch the news, if you're genuinely appauled at me not being bothered if Jeff broke his leg, the news of terminally ill children, multiple deaths, or famin across the globe will see you off.
Last edited by MACCA on Mon May 21, 2018 1:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MACCA

Post by MACCA » Mon May 21, 2018 1:52 pm

[/img]
UpTheBeehole wrote:Macca if you're in a position where if you got injured you wouldn't be able to feed your family, then either get a better job with a caring employer, or take out some insurance.
You must read my post again....
Can't recall saying I wouldn't be able to feed my family I said, well I'll quote it for you then you don't get confused again....

"Would he care if I fell behind on my bills and mortgage with 2 mouths to feed?
Answer is NO"

There, try again.

UpTheBeehole

Post by UpTheBeehole » Mon May 21, 2018 1:53 pm

with 2 mouths to feed

facepalm

TVC15
Been Liked: 3322 times
Has Liked: 601 times

Post by TVC15 » Mon May 21, 2018 1:59 pm

Just because he is the "least effective" as voted by an average of about 50 or 60 Burnley fans (not the biggest sample out of 20,000 fans is it ?) does not mean he is not an important part of the team.
It`s a bit far fetched to think this represents the majority of Burnley fans.

As for comparing him to "even GKN" are you seriously saying someone who made a few sub appearances and generally ran around with as much composure as Bernie Clifton on that Ostrich was more effective than Hendrick ?

We get that you do not like him but you are way over the top with the language you use and the scores you gave him all season....they are petty, biased and often childish. He is getting picked most weeks in the first eleven of a team that has just finished 7th in the league and also always in the team for the Republic of Ireland.

If he was anywhere near as bad as you make out how could Dyche, O`Neil and Keane be all so wrong with their judgement ?

Vino blanco
Been Liked: 1904 times
Has Liked: 1980 times

Post by Vino blanco » Mon May 21, 2018 2:02 pm

Hendrick is a good player, who played out of position most of the season. Simples.

MACCA

Post by MACCA » Mon May 21, 2018 2:22 pm

TVC15 wrote:Just because he is the "least effective" as voted by an average of about 50 or 60 Burnley fans (not the biggest sample out of 20,000 fans is it ?) does not mean he is not an important part of the team.
It`s a bit far fetched to think this represents the majority of Burnley fans.

As for comparing him to "even GKN" are you seriously saying someone who made a few sub appearances and generally ran around with as much composure as Bernie Clifton on that Ostrich was more effective than Hendrick ?

We get that you do not like him but you are way over the top with the language you use and the scores you gave him all season....they are petty, biased and often childish. He is getting picked most weeks in the first eleven of a team that has just finished 7th in the league and also always in the team for the Republic of Ireland.

If he was anywhere near as bad as you make out how could Dyche, O`Neil and Keane be all so wrong with their judgement ?
I was only using GKN as an example as a player who's played a minute fraction of the minute Hendrick has, yet up until the last couple of weeks has been above him in every one of the fans opinion polls.
Seems odd for a player that's potentially been regular performer.

You're right, I don't get him.
In the number 10 role I struggle to see what he offers, I'd rather him be on the bench, it possibly is biased/clouded after I've watched him stroll around the park offering very little plenty of times.
When he changes my opinion maybe he can be cut some slack, until then I've still not seen him put in anything above an average to good performance.

I'm not saying Dyche, O'Neil or Keane are wrong or judgment isn't correct, but similarly I've heard plenty of UTC posters questiining Hart's, Welbeck's, Henderson's, Walcott, Cahill's and plenty more players inclusion in certain teams squads. Are they questioning Ferguson's Mourinho's, Wenger's, Klopp's, Conte's ( world class managers will multiple honours to their name ) or Southgate's ( the countryfootball manager ) judgement?
Last edited by MACCA on Mon May 21, 2018 2:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MACCA

Post by MACCA » Mon May 21, 2018 2:24 pm

Vino blanco wrote:Hendrick is a good player, who played out of position most of the season. Simples.
Agree to some extent, however this season for that reason and possibly others, hasn't reached the heights he could have.

I likened him to Burnley's Yaya Toure, sadly due to injuries and the form of others he's been playing in a role that's made him look rather poor. IMO of course, he may have been the shining star of the team for some.

UpTheBeehole

Post by UpTheBeehole » Mon May 21, 2018 2:28 pm

In Dyche's own words:
“Without going too deep about it, the number 10 is played in different ways,” Dyche added.

“You can have a defensive number 10, you can have a number 10 who’s a creator, you can have a number 10 who’s in there to sit on their deep lying midfielder, which a lot have now, or to break off their deep-lying midfielder into the pockets.

“So there’s many different ways of playing it. He (Hendrick) is more of a running number 10, he’ll join in, back the play, recover when he needs to, rather than a technical number 10 who we know there’s many of around the world who more or less wait in the slot and you get the ball to them.

“Jeff will go and work for the ball. But he is learning it better. And that is part of what we do, it is adapt players to roles that we think are needed for the team.”

MACCA

Post by MACCA » Mon May 21, 2018 2:30 pm

Excellent, shows just what I though.

UpTheBeehole

Post by UpTheBeehole » Mon May 21, 2018 2:30 pm

So if Hendrick is an attacking midfielder, and doesn’t score or assist, and doesn’t really create that many chances, and is his club’s most substituted player, what the heck does he do?

One thing he does very well, maybe better than anyone else in the league, is get into position for the second ball. Burnley send a lot of aerials to the strikers, and if you watch Hendrick closely you’ll see how often he finds a spot where a header is likely to come down.

Another thing he does well is pass. His completion percentage is 79.8%, quite good for a player in an advanced central role. It’s better than Aaron Mooy, Grzegorz Krychowiak, Riyad Mahrez, Dusan Tadic, Nathan Redmond, Pascal Gross and Dele Alli.

Put that together, and you have someone who gets to the ball and keeps the attack going, while himself only rarely creating or scoring goals. In other words, his most frequent task is to recycle the ball in an advanced position.

Ever heard of that kind of player? Neither have I. But the role fits Hendrick perfectly. Playing in the number 10 area, his primary weakness – defending – is minimised. His natural strengths – energy, touch, tactical awareness, passing ability – are maximised. And the whole team benefits, which is why Sean Dyche hasn’t seen fit to acquire any other players who can play that position.

So I guess I get Jeff Hendrick now. In fact, I propose that, much like the famed Makelélé role, there be an official Hendrick role, also known as the ‘Burnley 10’ or ‘Irish trequartista.’ It may take twenty or so years before we find another player who plays it, of course. But that’s because Hendrick plays for Burnley FC, that most ordinary and extraordinary of football clubs.
http://www.football365.com/news/forensi ... f-hendrick

TVC15

Post by TVC15 » Mon May 21, 2018 2:32 pm

MACCA wrote:I was only using GKN as an example as for a player who's played a minute fraction having being above him in the fans opinion polls.

You're right, I don't get him.
In the number 10 role I struggle to see what he offers, I'd rather him be on the bench, it possibly is biased/clouded after I've watched him stroll around the park offering very little plenty of times.
When he changes my opinion maybe he can be cut some slack, until then I've still not seen him put in anything above an average to good performance.

I'm not saying Dyche, O'Neil or Keane are wrong or judgment isn't correct, but similarly I've heard plenty of UTC posters questiining Hart's, Welbeck's, Henderson's, Walcott, Cahill's and plenty more players inclusion in certain teams squads. Are they questioning Ferguson's Mourinho's, Wenger's, Klopp's, Conte's ( world class managers will multiple honours to their name ) or Southgate's ( the countryfootball manager ) judgement?
Any fans who think any of the players you mention are not good players fall into the same category as you Macca....i.e. ideas way above their station in terms of their knowledge of what constitutes a good footballer.

Even after the couple of seasons Joe Hart has had its all relative....he`s clearly not as good as the very high standards he used to set himself but that does not mean the 36 stone numpties who sit their in their armchairs eating donuts and pointing to the TV saying they would do better in the nets than him know what they are talking about !!

ClaretTony

Post by ClaretTony » Mon May 21, 2018 2:43 pm

MACCA wrote:Hendrick 5 wow , offers nothing going forwards. Looks lost and cannot pick the right pass/shot

All started with this which, of course, was clearly not a rating from the Bournemouth game, it couldn't be because he played well.

Then, of course, came the appalling comments.

KRBFC
Been Liked: 3804 times
Has Liked: 1071 times

Post by KRBFC » Mon May 21, 2018 2:47 pm

Vino blanco wrote:Hendrick is a good player, who played out of position most of the season. Simples.
Nail on the head

Leisure

Post by Leisure » Mon May 21, 2018 2:59 pm

:?:
MACCA wrote:Excellent, shows just what I though.
But you wouldn't be bothered if he broke his leg, whereas I'm fairly certain that the Manager would!

MACCA

Post by MACCA » Mon May 21, 2018 3:03 pm

Leisure wrote::?:

But you wouldn't be bothered if he broke his leg, whereas I'm fairly certain that the Manager would!
I'm sure Mr Dyche like myself would possibly have a priority order of people was someone to break their leg.
Hendrick is the bottom of my first team players list as to importance, who knows where he would be in Mr Dyche's list. Maybe he's top.

MACCA

Post by MACCA » Mon May 21, 2018 3:10 pm

TVC15 wrote:Any fans who think any of the players you mention are not good players fall into the same category as you Macca....i.e. ideas way above their station in terms of their knowledge of what constitutes a good footballer.
!
That's comforting to hear as think 90% of UTC posters have had digs at those players and their selection since the launch of the site.
You could almost gurantee nearly every football fan has questioned at least 1 players contribution to the team, or wondered why the manager has selected them for a specific role.

My opinions on Hendrick do seem to attract more of a crowd though, than when any of the aforementioned players come in for stick from other posters. Some very good and strong debates come my way, which is pleasing.

MACCA

Post by MACCA » Mon May 21, 2018 3:17 pm

ClaretTony wrote:All started with this which, of course, was clearly not a rating from the Bournemouth game, it couldn't be because he played well.

Then, of course, came the appalling comments.
CT , the cast was about a week ago, time to move on.
Some gave him a 6, did they not watch the game either?

In fact i think 1 poster gave him a 9... 9 ( NINE ) we were beaten and rarely tested the goal keeper. I'd love to see what score he'd get for a goal and an assist.

Leisure

Post by Leisure » Mon May 21, 2018 3:23 pm

MACCA wrote:I'm sure Mr Dyche like myself would possibly have a priority order of people was someone to break their leg.
Hendrick is the bottom of my first team players list as to importance, who knows where he would be in Mr Dyche's list. Maybe he's top.
Ha ha ha! So you're seriously suggesting that along with all the other things that the Manager has to think about that he has a list of players in order of who he would like to break their leg first/last!

MACCA

Post by MACCA » Mon May 21, 2018 3:32 pm

Leisure wrote:Ha ha ha! So you're seriously suggesting that along with all the other things that the Manager has to think about that he has a list of players in order of who he would like to break their leg first/last!
No, now you're being ridiculous.
What I said was, he would probably ( most definitely) have an opinion on who he'd rather break their leg if he had an option.

For instance, I'd select Jeff to break his leg before Heaton, Pope, Lowton, Tarky, ( long by default as we've no cover ) Mee, Ward , Taylor, JBG, Lennon, Brady, Defour, Cork, Westwood, Vokes, Barnes, Wood.

Everyone will have a different opinion, but to suggest it doesn't matter who gets injured is a bit silly. There are players that are more important to the team than others. That's why some injured players are missed more than others.

UpTheBeehole

Post by UpTheBeehole » Mon May 21, 2018 3:35 pm

Is this injury you;ve got a wishlist of solely restricted to a broken leg?

What about an ACL injury, who would be your number 1 to do that?

What about a month out with a back injury, who would that be?

TVC15

Post by TVC15 » Mon May 21, 2018 3:44 pm

Wow Macca - dig yourself any further into that hole and you’ll be eating kangaroo butties tonight !

WTF are you on about ? Just admit it was a stupid comment to make.

MACCA

Post by MACCA » Mon May 21, 2018 3:47 pm

UpTheBeehole wrote:Is this injury you;ve got a wishlist of solely restricted to a broken leg?
Again if you read the thread/post, you will see my comment saying it wouldn't bother me if he snapped his leg.
That's what's "appauling" and started all this nonsense.

You need to get better at the reading malarkey before trying to be controversial on fishing trips.

The fact I'm bagging up over a week after the initial cast is credit to both myself and the quality of my bait.

A couple of whoppers in the keep net too, which have been a particular pleasing part of the trip.

MACCA

Post by MACCA » Mon May 21, 2018 3:53 pm

TVC15 wrote:Wow Macca - dig yourself any further into that hole and you’ll be eating kangaroo butties tonight !

WTF are you on about ? Just admit it was a stupid comment to make.

I actually don't mind kangaroo, in fact I prefer them too dogs, well I prefer pretty much anything compared to dogs.

TVC15

Post by TVC15 » Mon May 21, 2018 3:54 pm

Why do people think they are fishing when they have been caught out for just being a t-wat ?

Yeh - you got us Macca you cheeky little tinker !

UpTheBeehole

Post by UpTheBeehole » Mon May 21, 2018 3:57 pm

The only whopper on this thread is you Macca

MACCA

Post by MACCA » Mon May 21, 2018 4:10 pm

TVC15 wrote:Why do people think they are fishing when they have been caught out for just being a t-wat ?

Yeh - you got us Macca you cheeky little tinker !
It's a good cover up some people use.
Similar to the foul and abusive language people use when they've been had/ are getting worked up on the internet.

I've been known to be a cheeky tinker, I genuinely should grow up.

MACCA

Post by MACCA » Mon May 21, 2018 4:12 pm

UpTheBeehole wrote:The only whopper on this thread is you Macca
But you're still wasting your time on said whopper :D

You're only upset you're not deemed a decent catch.

MACCA

Post by MACCA » Mon May 21, 2018 4:14 pm

TVC15 wrote:WTF are you on about ? Just admit it was a stupid comment to make.
I don't like the word stupid, although silly/bad taste I'd accept.

UpTheBeehole

Post by UpTheBeehole » Mon May 21, 2018 4:16 pm

You're not a fisherman, you just know nothing about football.

MACCA

Post by MACCA » Mon May 21, 2018 4:20 pm

UpTheBeehole wrote:You're not a fisherman, you just know nothing about football.
I'd beg to differ.
I've some excellent views on various parts of the game, from grass roots through to the Premiership.

UpTheBeehole

Post by UpTheBeehole » Mon May 21, 2018 4:21 pm

Sums it up. It hasn't been called the Premiership for 10 years

MACCA

Post by MACCA » Mon May 21, 2018 4:38 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

It's easy