Cricketfield Stand improvments

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Chester Perry
Been Liked: 3166 times
Has Liked: 481 times

Re: Cricketfield Stand improvments

Post by Chester Perry » Wed May 23, 2018 5:11 pm

The promised vid on the Dressing Rooms

https://www.burnleyfootballclub.com/new ... o-impress/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

As predicted - another vid tomorrow regarding the changes in the Bob Lord

Murger
Been Liked: 1245 times
Has Liked: 847 times

Post by Murger » Wed May 23, 2018 5:58 pm

I get all the improvements with the dressing rooms and disabled area, but how many times do the Bob Lord facilities need doing up?
This user liked this post: mybloodisclaret

Chester Perry

Post by Chester Perry » Wed May 23, 2018 6:26 pm

Murger wrote:I get all the improvements with the dressing rooms and disabled area, but how many times do the Bob Lord facilities need doing up?
For Corporate rates I don't think the facilities are that brilliant and I think the last two efforts at the Chairman's lounge have been awful from a design and comfort perspective

piston broke
Been Liked: 1448 times
Has Liked: 1229 times

Post by piston broke » Wed May 23, 2018 6:29 pm

TVC15 wrote:Mine was 2 weeks ago. You will definitely know very well the person i’m talking about but can’t divulge it on here.

Like I said £12m seems very very high but I am told that the scheme has ended up very different to what the club originally expected / planned for.

Guess we’ll find our final costs at some point in the future.
Could the £12m be total work. 2 corners, new dressing rooms & managers office and work on the BL to be announced tomorrow?

TVC15
Been Liked: 3322 times
Has Liked: 601 times

Post by TVC15 » Wed May 23, 2018 6:43 pm

Possibly - but the guy who told us seemed to be referring to the work on the disabled facilities

Bop
Been Liked: 244 times
Has Liked: 343 times

Post by Bop » Wed May 23, 2018 7:47 pm

Has the ‘holding suite’ gone underneath the CFS?

Clarets4me
Been Liked: 2341 times
Has Liked: 1041 times

Post by Clarets4me » Wed May 23, 2018 7:50 pm

Bop wrote:Has the ‘holding suite’ gone underneath the CFS?
It's at the Harry Potts Way end of the Cricket Field Stand, so I would guess it's still there ..... not that I've ever been a match-day Guest here !! :D

Inchy
Been Liked: 1340 times
Has Liked: 98 times

Post by Inchy » Wed May 23, 2018 9:40 pm

I don’t understand why we are continuing to invest money in old stands

To use an analogy if you have a 15 year old focus that has done 70k Miles, how much money do you spend every time you have an MOT before you think “it’s time to get a new car”

Rick_Muller
Been Liked: 2636 times
Has Liked: 6466 times

Post by Rick_Muller » Thu May 24, 2018 7:42 am

Inchy wrote:I don’t understand why we are continuing to invest money in old stands

To use an analogy if you have a 15 year old focus that has done 70k Miles, how much money do you spend every time you have an MOT before you think “it’s time to get a new car”
When the cost to service and maintain it is considerably lower than getting a new one you keep the old one on the road, unless you win the lottery :)

Inchy
Been Liked: 1340 times
Has Liked: 98 times

Post by Inchy » Thu May 24, 2018 7:53 am

We have won the lottery
These 2 users liked this post: randomclaret2 Juan Tanamera

Sproggy
Been Liked: 667 times
Has Liked: 143 times

Post by Sproggy » Thu May 24, 2018 8:23 am

It's going to take some planning before we knock down the Cricket Field Stand though. Where are we going to put the home and away supporters for a season, or the changing rooms?

Claretforever
Been Liked: 1035 times
Has Liked: 509 times

Post by Claretforever » Thu May 24, 2018 2:01 pm

Inchy wrote:I don’t understand why we are continuing to invest money in old stands

Surely it’s a time and capacity thing as well. We are ensuring compliance with UEFA guidelines for their competition. Now I’m no engineer, but I’d imagine dismantling an entire stand and building a new one between May and July would be a stretch?

I’d imagine the planning and approvals alone would take 12 months? Probably 9-12 months to dismantle and build?

We appear to be spending thousands rather than millions on that area.

Sproggy
Been Liked: 667 times
Has Liked: 143 times

Post by Sproggy » Thu May 24, 2018 2:10 pm

We could get a couple of helicopters to lift the old one out then surely it's just a case of wheeling the Bread Bin into place.

Chester Perry

Post by Chester Perry » Thu May 24, 2018 5:44 pm

The promised vid on the Bob Lord Stand improvements

https://www.burnleyfootballclub.com/new ... e-upgrade/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Wokingclaret
Been Liked: 298 times
Has Liked: 781 times

Post by Wokingclaret » Thu May 24, 2018 5:53 pm

Bigger Directors box seating but nothing on the Bob Lord exterior deteriorating Cladding
These 2 users liked this post: randomclaret2 Turfytop

mybloodisclaret
Been Liked: 699 times
Has Liked: 4036 times

Post by mybloodisclaret » Thu May 24, 2018 6:17 pm

It is getting frustrating now. We have cash and we are poncing about making (other than the corners) minor alterations. Lets get it sorted. Everyone knows where and what the problems are.
This user liked this post: Turfytop

ŽižkovClaret
Been Liked: 2176 times
Has Liked: 3110 times

Post by ŽižkovClaret » Thu May 24, 2018 6:19 pm

Its not impossible to think of the stand being dismantled around the newer facilities is it?

TsarBomba
Been Liked: 1142 times
Has Liked: 292 times

Post by TsarBomba » Thu May 24, 2018 9:40 pm

The argument of ‘little and often’ to justify what is in reality snails pace improvements to Turf Moor is just laughable.

We HAD to introduce disabled facilities, and the titivating of corporate facilities won’t benefit or register with the 99% of those that go on. We’re knocking down a wall in a corporate lounge for god sake, and lauding it as some sort of iconic moment. I’m sure the extra few feet of floor space will make all the difference to our already meagre corporate income.

I want a traditional ground and the Turf, set in between rows of terrace houses, is exactly where a football ground should be, but come on, it’s a dump.

We’re on the receiving end of untold riches, yet regular fans are faced with dirty toilets, crap seats and concourses that are quite frankly ******* dangerous.

Enough is enough now. Get the ground sorted BFC. It’s embarassing and there’s no excuse.

Bfcboyo
Been Liked: 441 times
Has Liked: 355 times

Post by Bfcboyo » Thu May 24, 2018 11:39 pm

Bloody leave it alone. Away team turn up and think either oh no or no reason to try. Half of the game is psychology.

Turfytop
Been Liked: 37 times
Has Liked: 449 times

Post by Turfytop » Fri May 25, 2018 12:20 am

Bfcboyo wrote:Bloody leave it alone. Away team turn up and think either oh no or no reason to try. Half of the game is psychology.
Why do some fans always come out with this rubbish, we got more points away from home last season than we did at home

DCWat
Been Liked: 4143 times
Has Liked: 3606 times

Post by DCWat » Fri May 25, 2018 12:37 am

TsarBomba wrote:The argument of ‘little and often’ to justify what is in reality snails pace improvements to Turf Moor is just laughable.

We HAD to introduce disabled facilities, and the titivating of corporate facilities won’t benefit or register with the 99% of those that go on. We’re knocking down a wall in a corporate lounge for god sake, and lauding it as some sort of iconic moment. I’m sure the extra few feet of floor space will make all the difference to our already meagre corporate income.

I want a traditional ground and the Turf, set in between rows of terrace houses, is exactly where a football ground should be, but come on, it’s a dump.

We’re on the receiving end of untold riches, yet regular fans are faced with dirty toilets, crap seats and concourses that are quite frankly ******* dangerous.

Enough is enough now. Get the ground sorted BFC. It’s embarassing and there’s no excuse.
This is a great example of the club not being able to do right for doing wrong. They are hardly lauding the knocking down of a wall, they are providing an update to fans of changes occurring.

Yes, there are other things to be improved or rebuilt but as with the team, steady progression is the right approach. The changes made to the concourse in the BL were a positive, as are the disabled facilities, as was the training ground, as was the expansion of office space. The changes now are partly due to being in the europa league qualifiers - if that’s not something to celebrate, I don’t know what - and it’s all due to our steady, careful approach.

We have to be careful and make sure what we do is sustainable, affordable and planned for the long term future.

We are making great strides both on and off the pitch and I’d be surprised if the next few years (particularly if we retain our PL status for a few more years) doesn’t see more significant development of the ground.

Things do need improvement but they can’t all happen at once.
This user liked this post: Bop

Bfcboyo
Been Liked: 441 times
Has Liked: 355 times

Post by Bfcboyo » Fri May 25, 2018 2:33 am

Turfytop wrote:Why do some fans always come out with this rubbish, we got more points away from home last season than we did at home
Because it is true.

Proof.

Highbury

White hart lane

Upton Park

Sincil Bank {wild card}

TsarBomba
Been Liked: 1142 times
Has Liked: 292 times

Post by TsarBomba » Fri May 25, 2018 4:56 am

DCWat wrote:This is a great example of the club not being able to do right for doing wrong. They are hardly lauding the knocking down of a wall, they are providing an update to fans of changes occurring.

Yes, there are other things to be improved or rebuilt but as with the team, steady progression is the right approach. The changes made to the concourse in the BL were a positive, as are the disabled facilities, as was the training ground, as was the expansion of office space. The changes now are partly due to being in the europa league qualifiers - if that’s not something to celebrate, I don’t know what - and it’s all due to our steady, careful approach.

We have to be careful and make sure what we do is sustainable, affordable and planned for the long term future.

We are making great strides both on and off the pitch and I’d be surprised if the next few years (particularly if we retain our PL status for a few more years) doesn’t see more significant development of the ground.

Things do need improvement but they can’t all happen at once.
We know the club are making progress in all areas, and the achievements certainly on the field are nothing short of remarkable. But to say we are making ‘great’ strides when it comes to modernising the Turf is not really the case, is it? We’re doing the bare minimum, partly because we have to.

Let’s be real here, the facilities are poor, the availability of good seating is abysmal, and It’s about time the vast majority of us had a better match day experience. When we have threads rightly complaining of dirty toilets and unsafe concourses, then something is going very wrong, when we have just finished seventh in the richest league in the world.

I agree there have been other priorities in the past, which we have rightly targeted, and now is the time to improve facilities for the regular paying fan which is 99% of us. I expect this to happen whether we stay up or not.

Murger
Been Liked: 1245 times
Has Liked: 847 times

Post by Murger » Fri May 25, 2018 7:08 am

TsarBomba wrote:We know the club are making progress in all areas, and the achievements certainly on the field are nothing short of remarkable. But to say we are making ‘great’ strides when it comes to modernising the Turf is not really the case, is it? We’re doing the bare minimum, partly because we have to.

Let’s be real here, the facilities are poor, the availability of good seating is abysmal, and It’s about time the vast majority of us had a better match day experience. When we have threads rightly complaining of dirty toilets and unsafe concourses, then something is going very wrong, when we have just finished seventh in the richest league in the world.

I agree there have been other priorities in the past, which we have rightly targeted, and now is the time to improve facilities for the regular paying fan which is 99% of us. I expect this to happen whether we stay up or not.
Agree with pretty much all of this. Even basics like washing your hands with cold water, when it's already freezing outside is a basic human right I would say.