Tommy Robinson

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
fidelcastro
Been Liked: 2219 times
Has Liked: 2210 times

Re: Tommy Robinson

Post by fidelcastro » Wed Aug 01, 2018 8:10 pm

Tommy Robinson is far-right. If you're a supporter of his and admire his ideology, then that makes YOU far-right in my book.
These 2 users liked this post: Imploding Turtle longsidepies

Caernarfon_Claret
Been Liked: 1475 times
Has Liked: 634 times

Post by Caernarfon_Claret » Wed Aug 01, 2018 8:19 pm

:ugeek: i
ClaretMoffitt wrote:I just calls it as I sees it.

I watched as the liberals on twitter applauded with glee when Tommy was sent down (some even stating they hoped he got murdered on the inside) and now I watch the same people, exert their rage on the same platform, about the same legal principles/systems they were so in favour of when they were sending Tommy down.

Todays leftism is about cultural dominance. There is nothing liberal about it.
Why do you continue to misapply the term liberal?

I understand if you are American but in the UK liberals exist across all political parties and are promoters of free speech and univeral sufferage amongst other things.

Closely linked to the term liberty.

Liberals believe in minimal government interference in day to day life, the complete opposite to the nanny state.

And political correctness goes against freedom of speech which is a key liberal idea.

Some choose not to offend others as they see that as being an honorable thing but that is nothing to do with being politically correct.

I can understand you blaming liberals for the banking collapse ten years ago because unregulated banks was a freedom allowed in a liberal system.

ClaretMoffitt
Been Liked: 1216 times
Has Liked: 807 times

Post by ClaretMoffitt » Wed Aug 01, 2018 8:29 pm

Caernarfon_Claret wrote::ugeek: i

Why do you continue to misapply the term liberal?

I understand if you are American but in the UK liberals exist across all political parties and are promoters of free speech and univeral sufferage amongst other things.

Closely linked to the term liberty.

Liberals believe in minimal government interference in day to day life, the complete opposite to the nanny state.

And political correctness goes against freedom of speech which is a key liberal idea.

Some choose not to offend others as they see that as being an honorable thing but that is nothing to do with being politically correct.

I can understand you blaming liberals for the banking collapse ten years ago because unregulated banks was a freedom allowed in a liberal system.
For the record, I do not believe the people in question who identify themselves as liberals are liberal; they obviously aren't. They are left wing fascists hellbent on reforming our culture.

True liberals are a rare breed in these partisan times. Perhaps it has always been this way, I'm probably too young to know. The only political culture clash I've ever lived through is this one. However, from what I have seen, it appears that the pendulum has shifted, and classical liberal values which were once associated with the left are now more strongly associated with what is considered the right.
This user liked this post: burnleymik

Caernarfon_Claret
Been Liked: 1475 times
Has Liked: 634 times

Post by Caernarfon_Claret » Wed Aug 01, 2018 8:37 pm

ClaretMoffitt wrote:For the record, I do not believe the people in question who identify themselves as liberals are liberal; they obviously aren't. They are left wing fascists hellbent on reforming our culture.

True liberals are a rare breed in these partisan times. Perhaps it has always been this way, I'm probably too young to know. The only political culture clash I've ever lived through is this one. However, from what I have seen, it appears that the pendulum has shifted, and classical liberal values which were once associated with the left are now more strongly associated with what is considered the right.
Fair enough, and I don't disagree with your response.

Perhaps with a lot of liberal values now in place the natural swing will be further left and it might swing back to right of centre liberalism in a few years.
This user liked this post: ClaretMoffitt

Burnley Ace
Been Liked: 656 times
Has Liked: 2897 times

Post by Burnley Ace » Wed Aug 01, 2018 8:56 pm

Flat Stanley wrote:The guy pleaded guilty to contempt of court because he was in contempt of court. The appeal is about legal process not being followed. He is appealing the contempt of court ruling but on the basis of due process not being followed. His barrister pretty much admitted what he did amounted to contempt of court (for the second time ). Most likely he will be found guilty again and released due to time served.
He's served the 3 month sentence (which is why he's now on bail) but not the consecutive 10 nth sentence which his team claim is manifestly excessive and the Judge didn't hear his personal mitigation (I can't wait to hear what that is!), but you're right in that they will count up the days served and that will coincidentally equal the new sentence.

UpTheClaretsFCBK
Been Liked: 372 times
Has Liked: 14 times

Post by UpTheClaretsFCBK » Wed Aug 01, 2018 9:04 pm

ClaretMoffitt wrote:I firmly believe that if it wasn't for Tommy Robinson those grooming gangs would still be acting with impunity to this day.
You’d be wrong then.
These 5 users liked this post: Burnley Ace Caballo Greenmile Imploding Turtle longsidepies

Burnley Ace
Been Liked: 656 times
Has Liked: 2897 times

Post by Burnley Ace » Wed Aug 01, 2018 9:05 pm

Which party can claim to be the home of true liberal ideas? Labour would claim to be the home of gender and race equality but is it now so comfortable with freedom of expression, religion, markets, the press. Would John Locke feel more comfortable with the Tories?

Granny WeatherWax
Been Liked: 711 times
Has Liked: 88 times

Post by Granny WeatherWax » Wed Aug 01, 2018 9:34 pm

Tommy Robinson charges his missus full price to use the sunbeds in his tanning salon

burnleymik
Been Liked: 1171 times
Has Liked: 2916 times

Post by burnleymik » Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:17 pm

Whether you like him or not, his concerns should be listened to and properly discussed. Instead, it's easier to just label him a racist thug and dismiss him.

Maybe if they had listened to his concerns 15 years ago they could have saved potentially thousands of young girls from grooming gangs.
These 2 users liked this post: rincon ants_g

burnleymik

Post by burnleymik » Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:18 pm

ClaretMoffitt wrote:For the record, I do not believe the people in question who identify themselves as liberals are liberal; they obviously aren't. They are left wing fascists hellbent on reforming our culture.

Good post. I think you are absolutely correct.

Imploding Turtle
Been Liked: 5483 times
Has Liked: 2540 times

Post by Imploding Turtle » Thu Aug 02, 2018 10:16 am

I think you're mistaking classical liberalism with neoliberalism. One is liberalism for people, the other is liberalism for businesses. The right-wing prioritise liberalism for business over people.

redski
Been Liked: 2 times
Has Liked: 9 times

Post by redski » Thu Aug 02, 2018 10:50 am

labels are meaningless nowadays

martin_p
Been Liked: 3767 times
Has Liked: 696 times

Post by martin_p » Thu Aug 02, 2018 11:16 am

redski wrote:labels are meaningless nowadays
I thought that....until I ate some ham that was a week past its use by date and spent a few days in bed with food poisoning!
This user liked this post: redski

TheFamilyCat
Been Liked: 5559 times
Has Liked: 208 times

Post by TheFamilyCat » Thu Aug 02, 2018 11:30 am

burnleymik wrote:Whether you like him or not, his concerns should be listened to and properly discussed. Instead, it's easier to just label him a racist thug and dismiss him.

Maybe if they had listened to his concerns 15 years ago they could have saved potentially thousands of young girls from grooming gangs.
Possibly but forming an organisation that carried on like the NF probably wasn't the best way to be heard and taken seriously.

aggi
Been Liked: 2119 times

Post by aggi » Thu Aug 02, 2018 12:34 pm

ClaretMoffitt wrote:I firmly believe that if it wasn't for Tommy Robinson those grooming gangs would still be acting with impunity to this day.
Somewhere way back in this thread you or someone else said a similar thing. I said I'd pretty much never heard of him until until recently when the EDL became NF-lite so could someone point me in the direction of something unbiased to show this early part of his "career" and what he actually did. No-one has yet, can you point me in the direction of something?

burnleymik

Post by burnleymik » Thu Aug 02, 2018 12:34 pm

TheFamilyCat wrote:Possibly but forming an organisation that carried on like the NF probably wasn't the best way to be heard and taken seriously.
He was a working class lad and all his friends were football lads. They were not political heavyweights or had any political influence, but they wanted their concerns to be known about. I believe he even fought physically against the neo nazis who tried to infiltrate the group. Eventually they got in so he left.

He has a lot of support from people with genuine concerns, but are being totally ignored.

HatfieldClaret
Been Liked: 605 times
Has Liked: 346 times

Post by HatfieldClaret » Thu Aug 02, 2018 12:45 pm

burnleymik wrote:He was a working class lad and all his friends were football lads. They were not political heavyweights or had any political influence, but they wanted their concerns to be known about. I believe he even fought physically against the neo nazis who tried to infiltrate the group. Eventually they got in so he left.

He has a lot of support from people with genuine concerns, but are being totally ignored.
WTF have you been reading ??

He's a criminal, loves living off his reputation as a man of the people (by some gullible fools) and uses it for criminal gains.

Toe rag. Trailer park trash. Wannabe gangsta. Fraudster. WTF are you on ? :lol:
This user liked this post: Imploding Turtle

burnleymik

Post by burnleymik » Thu Aug 02, 2018 12:50 pm

HatfieldClaret wrote:WTF have you been reading ??

He's a criminal, loves living off his reputation as a man of the people (by some gullible fools) and uses it for criminal gains.

Toe rag. Trailer park trash. Wannabe gangsta. Fraudster. WTF are you on ? :lol:
I am not denying he has a past of violence etc, that's his background. Do you know why he has been sent to jail on the occasions he has? Have a look at the video on YT where he addresses Oxford in his speech and maybe you can broaden your own horizons and see how he has gotten to the conclusions he has.

You see though you are part of the reason he gains in popularity because you are instantly dismissing the concerns he is raising because you have ore judged everything about him even though in reality I suspect you know very little.
This user liked this post: ants_g

HatfieldClaret

Post by HatfieldClaret » Thu Aug 02, 2018 1:05 pm

I am not dismissing concerns regarding past or current grooming cases. Nobody is.

I suggest a bit more research of publicly available information from a variety of sources.

burnleymik

Post by burnleymik » Thu Aug 02, 2018 1:14 pm

HatfieldClaret wrote:I am not dismissing concerns regarding past or current grooming cases.
I am pretty sure you dismissed the claims because of your interpretation of him? Based on what you have said, would you take anything on board he says or would you dismiss it because of who he is?

I don't agree with everything he says or what he has done, but I don't think his and his family's lives should be in danger and some sections of the state should persecute him because he criticises a religious ideology.

HatfieldClaret

Post by HatfieldClaret » Thu Aug 02, 2018 2:30 pm

burnleymik wrote:I am pretty sure you dismissed the claims because of your interpretation of him? NO Based on what you have said, would you take anything on board he says or would you dismiss it because of who he is? I'd discuss this with someone else.
A bit like having a conversation about Israeli politics with Ken Livingstone

I don't agree with everything he says or what he has done, but I don't think his and his family's lives should be in danger and some sections of the state should persecute him INCORRECTbecause he criticises a religious ideology.

burnleymik

Post by burnleymik » Thu Aug 02, 2018 3:20 pm

HatfieldClaret wrote:INCORRECT
How's this incorrect? You really need to look a bit deeper than the surface. He has been persecuted by the state, some of the ways the police have been instructed to behave towards him and his family are appalling.

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Thu Aug 02, 2018 3:36 pm

burnleymik wrote:How's this incorrect? You really need to look a bit deeper than the surface. He has been persecuted by the state, some of the ways the police have been instructed to behave towards him and his family are appalling.
Persecuted :lol:

TheFamilyCat

Post by TheFamilyCat » Thu Aug 02, 2018 3:39 pm

Imploding Turtle wrote:Persecuted :lol:
I think he meant prosecuted.

HatfieldClaret

Post by HatfieldClaret » Thu Aug 02, 2018 3:45 pm

burnleymik wrote:How's this incorrect? You really need to look a bit deeper than the surface. He has been persecuted by the state, some of the ways the police have been instructed to behave towards him and his family are appalling.
The plonker goes around publicly committing crime FFS. I expect plod to keep an eye on him and arrest him when he transgresses. :idea:

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Thu Aug 02, 2018 3:48 pm

HatfieldClaret wrote:The plonker goes around publicly committing crime FFS. I expect plod to keep an eye on him and arrest him when he transgresses. :idea:
It's funny how these people say this criminal is being persecuted yet have no problem with targeting a taxi rank for harassment because a forum user noticed some school girls hanging around it.

Lord Rothbury
Been Liked: 133 times
Has Liked: 68 times

Post by Lord Rothbury » Thu Aug 02, 2018 4:09 pm

Maybe we should all turn a blind eye to potential child rapists to keep some on this board happy.No better still anybody who outs them should be called an ogre and receive death threats.
These 2 users liked this post: burnleymik ants_g

Spijed
Been Liked: 2895 times
Has Liked: 1294 times

Post by Spijed » Thu Aug 02, 2018 4:24 pm

Lord Rothbury wrote:Maybe we should all turn a blind eye to potential child rapists to keep some on this board happy.
Well, the Vatican have been doing it for years, so what's your point?

HatfieldClaret

Post by HatfieldClaret » Thu Aug 02, 2018 4:28 pm

Imploding Turtle wrote:It's funny how these people say this criminal is being persecuted yet have no problem with targeting a taxi rank for harassment because a forum user noticed some school girls hanging around it.

Don't detract from the other problems IT. Target groomers as well as Yaxley-Lennon types.

EDL, hatemongers, groomers, apologists; they're all ****.
This user liked this post: TheFamilyCat

Greenmile
Been Liked: 1081 times
Has Liked: 4256 times

Post by Greenmile » Thu Aug 02, 2018 4:44 pm

HatfieldClaret wrote:I am not dismissing concerns regarding past or current grooming cases. Nobody is.

I suggest a bit more research of publicly available information from a variety of sources.
Your mistake is taking your information from the biaised MSM (and court records and stuff). You should be more like Burnleymik and seek out facts from impartial sources like, erm, Tommy Robinson’s YouTube videos.
This user liked this post: HatfieldClaret

burnleymik

Post by burnleymik » Thu Aug 02, 2018 4:53 pm

Greenmile wrote:Your mistake is taking your information from the biaised MSM (and court records and stuff). You should be more like Burnleymik and seek out facts from impartial sources like, erm, Tommy Robinson’s YouTube videos.
He has filmed the police raiding his home and harassing him in public, some of them even apologetic as the orders are from above. These are not just things he is saying, these are things he is documenting.

Anyways, I guess once people have read a few headlines they must know everything and cannot be expected to think for themselves. Honestly, some of you portray people you disagree with as ignorant and ill educated and most of you are here just trotting out what the MSM feed you. Bizarre.

Greenmile

Post by Greenmile » Thu Aug 02, 2018 4:55 pm

burnleymik wrote:He has filmed the police raiding his home and harassing him in public, some of them even apologetic as the orders are from above. These are not just things he is saying, these are things he is documenting.

Anyways, I guess once people have read a few headlines they must know everything and cannot be expected to think for themselves. Honestly, some of you portray people you disagree with as ignorant and ill educated and most of you are here just trotting out what the MSM feed you. Bizarre.
And you’re not just trotting out what the convicted fraudster himself is feeding you, I suppose?

I don’t portray everyone who disagrees with me as ignorant, just the ignorant ones.

burnleymik

Post by burnleymik » Thu Aug 02, 2018 4:57 pm

Greenmile wrote:Your mistake is taking your information from the biaised MSM (and court records and stuff). You should be more like Burnleymik and seek out facts from impartial sources like, erm, Tommy Robinson’s YouTube videos.
Also you would see, if you did actually look at court records, that contempt of court is not actually criminal, its contempt, as the Lord Chief Justice himself said and as such should not have been an immediate incarceration.

He also stated that it was a huge failure that someone could be arrested, tried and jailed within the space of 5 hours and without proper procedure and process.

But, yeah he definitely isn't persecuted at all....

burnleymik

Post by burnleymik » Thu Aug 02, 2018 4:59 pm

Greenmile wrote:And you’re not just trotting out what the convicted fraudster himself is feeding you, I suppose?

I don’t portray everyone who disagrees with me as ignorant, just the ignorant ones.
Like I just said, it's on film as it happens. Not just what he is saying, you can see what is happening for yourself.

The irony is, in this matter you are ignorant and have proven it.

Greenmile

Post by Greenmile » Thu Aug 02, 2018 4:59 pm

burnleymik wrote:Also you would see, if you did actually look at court records, that contempt of court is not actually criminal....
No, but fraud is. So is kicking a police officer in the head because they tried to stop you battering your girlfriend.

Greenmile

Post by Greenmile » Thu Aug 02, 2018 5:01 pm

burnleymik wrote:Like I just said, it's on film as it happens. Not just what he is saying, you can see what is happening for yourself.

The irony is, in this matter you are ignorant and have proven it.
Who filmed it? Who edited the film and posted it online?

I saw a film of a massive green lizard smashing up Tokyo once. Saw it for myself with my own eyes, I did. Put me off visiting Japan, I’ll tell you.

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Thu Aug 02, 2018 5:22 pm

HatfieldClaret wrote:Don't detract from the other problems IT. Target groomers as well as Yaxley-Lennon types.

EDL, hatemongers, groomers, apologists; they're all ****.
I'm not detracting from anything. Lol. What on earth makes you think I am? You silly Billy.

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Thu Aug 02, 2018 5:28 pm

Lord Rothbury wrote:Maybe we should all turn a blind eye to potential child rapists to keep some on this board happy.No better still anybody who outs them should be called an ogre and receive death threats.
You seem to think that not persecuting people is the exact same as turning a blind eye. That's incredibly stupid. Now I'm not saying you are incredibly stupid, so don't think I'm personally insulting you. Just that what you think is incredibly stupid.

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Thu Aug 02, 2018 5:31 pm

Spijed wrote:Well, the Vatican have been doing it for years, so what's your point?
When it's Christians raping children it's OK to turn a blind eye. But when it's kids hanging around a taxi rank with no reason to believe that the taxi rank employees are doing anything wrong it's OK to demand their incarceration and persecution because they're Muslims.

burnleymik

Post by burnleymik » Thu Aug 02, 2018 5:37 pm

Greenmile wrote:Who filmed it? Who edited the film and posted it online?

I saw a film of a massive green lizard smashing up Tokyo once. Saw it for myself with my own eyes, I did. Put me off visiting Japan, I’ll tell you.
Okay, I can't make you look for yourself and your analogy is beyond ridiculous. You actually see some of the officers apologising, but they are just following orders.

Like I said previously he is no Saint, he has done some nasty stuff, but that doesn't change the fact he has persecuted and some of the concerns he raises are legitimate. Also the prosecution for fraud has a hell of a backstory, but you won't bother to find out for yourself.

Anyways I will leave you with this summary from the judge...
tmp_20866-QuickScreencapture_20171208-121528587282150.png
tmp_20866-QuickScreencapture_20171208-121528587282150.png (154.18 KiB) Viewed 3003 times

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Thu Aug 02, 2018 5:40 pm

burnleymik wrote:Okay, I can't make you look for yourself and your analogy is beyond ridiculous. You actually see some of the officers apologising, but they are just following orders.

Like I said previously he is no Saint, he has done some nasty stuff, but that doesn't change the fact he has persecuted and some of the concerns he raises are legitimate. Also the prosecution for fraud has a hell of a backstory, but you won't bother to find out for yourself.

Anyways I will leave you with this summary from the judge...
tmp_20866-QuickScreencapture_20171208-121528587282150.png
He has indeed persecuted.

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Thu Aug 02, 2018 5:43 pm

burnleymik wrote:Also you would see, if you did actually look at court records, that contempt of court is not actually criminal, its contempt, as the Lord Chief Justice himself said and as such should not have been an immediate incarceration.

He also stated that it was a huge failure that someone could be arrested, tried and jailed within the space of 5 hours and without proper procedure and process.

But, yeah he definitely isn't persecuted at all....
Criminal contempt of court isn't criminal?

ClaretMoffitt

Post by ClaretMoffitt » Mon Aug 06, 2018 3:19 pm

Imploding Turtle wrote:Criminal contempt of court isn't criminal?
Well certainly appears as though it wasn't in this case.

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Mon Aug 06, 2018 5:38 pm

ClaretMoffitt wrote:Well certainly appears as though it wasn't in this case.
Putting aside the absurdity of your statement for one moment, what makes you say that?

ClaretMoffitt

Post by ClaretMoffitt » Mon Aug 06, 2018 6:51 pm

Imploding Turtle wrote:Putting aside the absurdity of your statement for one moment, what makes you say that?
Nothing really, just wanted to bump my thread

burnleymik

Post by burnleymik » Mon Aug 06, 2018 8:30 pm

ClaretMoffitt wrote:Well certainly appears as though it wasn't in this case.
An awful lot wrong with this whole case, including the treatment in jail.

Devils_Advocate
Been Liked: 5209 times
Has Liked: 921 times

Post by Devils_Advocate » Mon Aug 06, 2018 8:49 pm

Oh god who went and looked in the mirror and said burnleymik's name 3 times

Imploding Turtle

Post by Imploding Turtle » Mon Aug 06, 2018 8:58 pm

burnleymik wrote:An awful lot wrong with this whole case, including the treatment in jail.
Except what Tommy did, of course. Right?

Walton
Been Liked: 792 times
Has Liked: 242 times

Post by Walton » Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:23 pm

burnleymik wrote:An awful lot wrong with this whole case, including the treatment in jail.
How should he have been treated in jail? It's not a summer camp you know.

TheFamilyCat

Post by TheFamilyCat » Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:37 pm

Walton wrote:How should he have been treated in jail? It's not a summer camp you know.
They left a Quran on his bedside table instead of a Gideon's Bible.